A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Magua »

Er...what? I mean, I understand each of your words, but the meaning of your post escapes me.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Setael »

Thanks for waiting. I was hoping to have time tonight to really make a case for me staying alive, but it turns out I don't have much time and now that I'm caught up it's clear that it's pointless anyway. You're lynching from a list and it's been made perfectly clear that this isn't going to change.

Just let me know who to pick once I'm lynched. I don't think thor's a good choice but I'll do whatever the town decides.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Magua »

Who would you prefer to pick?
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

I still haven't reread diddin (and only briefly skimmed through MoI), and this head at least won't have time to write any monstrosities until Friday. But quick comments:

1) Why do I always seem to be in the PoE reject pile instead of the confirmed pool whenever there's an assembly line of lynches? :mad: I wish I could change places with xvart--be it roles, or presence or absence of a pulse.

2) I don't believe that the scumteam has no goons; for that reason, Setael or Thor flipping a scum PR as opposed to goon would make me MORE suspicious of dana. (Otherwise, what's the point of giving the role cop VT/goon results?) That said, I have no reason to suspect dana beyond low activity and PoE. And his suggesting he sacrifice himself read as townish.

3) Since I am 95% sure that there is either a SK or a second scum team, Nexus should RB Zdenek again to see what happens. At this point, the town has to lynch the "others" before the scum can take out the confirmeds, so stopping a second kill makes all the difference.

4) Just a thought. There are situations in which it's better to take advantage of a possible double lynch and vote out a non-Thor suspect with Setael (who would be confirmed scum in this case) than Thor alone (whose alignment would be unknown). Otherwise, I'm fine with the plan.

5) So, no last reads or anything, Setael? Who do you think is scum if not Thor? Weren't you suspicious of him for "misrepping" you in the QT yesterday? What changed your mind?

6) @Magua:
Magua wrote:
Andrius wrote:Also, I believe the remaining scum are in the Vanilla claimees and the 1shot Vig claimees.
Oh, and Zdenek is the SK.
If LynchMePls is a 1-shot CPR doc, then that clears Zdenek of being the SK *or* scum. Unless you think Zdenek-SK-scum would say, "I become bulletproof if Tyrion dies. Chesskid has claimed Tyrion. I'm going to not kill him." Remember, LMP's claim means that *no one else tried to kill Chesskid N1*.
I was in the camp that believed Zdenek's claim at first, but I've changed my mind based on his play today and on PoE. One possibility is that Zdenek is scum who becomes bulletproof under some other circumstances (say, another character dies), and tried to come up with another.
And you've got a real problem with me being scum, because then who shot diddin?
Who do you think shot MagnaofIllusion?

I noticed you haven't commented on this:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:Okay, I was going to shut up about this until after massclaim, but ISO xvart. There is no way in hell he vigged MoI. He doesn't make a single negative point about him past one question in post two of D1. He even agrees with Kast's lynch list that doesn't include MoI.
Go on. ISO xvart. Come back and tell me with a straight face that if xvart had a one-shot kill related to his Jack of Some Trades ability, he'd use it on MoI of all people on N2, over Raivann, danakillsu, Bunnylover, Zdenek, etc...

So do you agree or disagree with this conclusion?

Because I can see a blatant scum agenda behind insisting that there's no SK, so therefore you're confirmed and no one should suspect you.

Also, why do you have LMP as fifth on your suspect list when you're the one saying there are only two factions? Do you think chesskid was the Stark kill?

Oh, and another thing. Your claim was just "Claim: 1-shot vig." You didn't even gloat at having taken out a baddie.

Can you give us full flavour for your role? Can you go in-depth into why you decided to shoot diddin when you did (yes, I know you suspected him, but your full thought process)? Any breadcrumbs on D1 and D2? Any on D3/4 other than the jailkeeper comment?

And finally, I still want an answer to this post. Because seriously, "I voted Nexus to see if anyone would complain that I moved my vote from you, but since they didn't, you're scum" is pretty bad.

There's something else I want to ask you, but I'm waiting on answers to these questions, first.

~Mina
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Magua »

Twilight Sparkle wrote: 4) Just a thought. There are situations in which it's better to take advantage of a possible double lynch and vote out a non-Thor suspect with Setael (who would be confirmed scum in this case) than Thor alone (whose alignment would be unknown). Otherwise, I'm fine with the plan.
If Setael's not going to go with the plan, he's going to pick a confirmed town as his champion.
Twilight Sparkle wrote: I was in the camp that believed Zdenek's claim at first, but I've changed my mind based on his play today and on PoE. One possibility is that Zdenek is scum who becomes bulletproof under some other circumstances (say, another character dies), and tried to come up with another.
Willing to burn this bridge as I come to it. It could be a fakeclaim, yes. But then he's SK. I do not believe he's Stark at all. I don't believe he's SK at all, either, but I can at least accept the idea theoretically.
Twilight Sparkle wrote: Who do you think shot MagnaofIllusion?
xvart. Think I said this.
Twilight Sparkle wrote: Go on. ISO xvart. Come back and tell me with a straight face that if xvart had a one-shot kill related to his Jack of Some Trades ability, he'd use it on MoI of all people on N2, over Raivann, danakillsu, Bunnylover, Zdenek, etc...

So do you agree or disagree with this conclusion?
Nope. I see nothing in his ISO that supports my theory. And yet, there it is. I don't think there's an SK, and there's no other theory that makes sense. I *was* fully expecting there to be another 1-shot killing role lying around, but there's not. So I go with the next.
Twilight Sparkle wrote:Because I can see a blatant scum agenda behind insisting that there's no SK, so therefore you're confirmed and no one should suspect you.
If I'm scum, then that makes two unexplained kills, yes? *That* would be a good argument for there being an SK. As a scum, I would want that SK lynched, right?

Or is your theory here that I know there's an SK, I know that that SK has to die for me to win, and then I completely and totally throw myself into saying there's not an SK,
look for ways to *clear* Zdenek-who-would-goddamn-likely-be-the-SK-if-there-were-one-not-to-mention-I-wouldn't-be-able-to-nightkill
, and also paint a target on the back that says to the SK, "Hey, I'm mafia!"?

Do you think this is my scum-plan?
Twilight Sparkle wrote:Also, why do you have LMP as fifth on your suspect list when you're the one saying there are only two factions? Do you think chesskid was the Stark kill?
Chess can only be the Stark kill if LMP is lying. I have LMP on there fifth because if he flips 1-shot CPR doc he confirms Zdenek did not kill Chesskid, he confirms that Starks did not kill Chesskid, and so (by extension) he confirms that Starks did kill Benmage who was doc protected by BunnyLover.
Twilight Sparkle wrote: Oh, and another thing. Your claim was just "Claim: 1-shot vig." You didn't even gloat at having taken out a baddie.

Can you give us full flavour for your role? Can you go in-depth into why you decided to shoot diddin when you did (yes, I know you suspected him, but your full thought process)? Any breadcrumbs on D1 and D2? Any on D3/4 other than the jailkeeper comment?
I gloated to the mods, though I can't prove that until after the game is over, so meh.

There's no flavor justification for why Walder Frey is a one-shot vig. The flavor is about how I'm a horrible person who betrayed the Starks. My quote is:
I’ll match him son for son and still have nineteen and a half left when all his are dead.
I shot diddin because I was pretty sure on him, and I didn't think I'd live too long. And if I was wrong, I'd rather use the vig shot than the lynch. No breadcrumbs, since I was planning on using my vig power that night, and again, didn't think I'd live long enough for it to matter.

Let's see. Hito's day 2 posts about why I was voting Nexus. Thought he was scum. Really don't have much else to say on the issue. Feel free to vote me if you think I'm scum. Fair warning is that I'll be pushing your lynch tomorrow regardless unless Setael goes and confirms himself.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Magua »

Oh, oh, oh, follow up question!

Do you have any problems with my list? What would you change?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

DAY 4 VOTECOUNT 7

Setael (8) Benmage, Zdenek, Magua, Locke Lamora, popsofctown, LynchMePls, Nexus, Shadow1psc, Danakillsu

Hasdgfas (1) Andrius

Not voting (7) Twilight Sparkle, Setael, DrippingGoofball, Hasdgfas, Bunnylover, Thor665, popsofctown

*With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
*Deadline is here
*Point out mistakes you see and you shall be rewarded with love. Such love.
*Dana has be prodded
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:35 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mina wrote:2) I don't believe that the scumteam has no goons; for that reason, Setael or Thor flipping a scum PR as opposed to goon would make me MORE suspicious of dana. (Otherwise, what's the point of giving the role cop VT/goon results?) That said, I have no reason to suspect dana beyond low activity and PoE. And his suggesting he sacrifice himself read as townish.
What about my observations towards Dana at the end of D2? He was acting pretty scummy. If you need me to go dig them back up, I will, but I'd like your take on it given this quote.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Setael »

I'd prefer Dana or Magua since I think they're both scum. My guess is magua is scum taking credit for an SK kill of diddin knowing an SK is hardly going to fess up. Scum is probably confident they can take the SK out before he would ever claim the diddin kill. Magua lied about his read on me. He said he had a null read on me when he voted me over raivann and now is saying he always had a scum read on me. I can't go pull up quotes - ISO him and you'll see it. Dana is lurky and I've never liked how he calls me scum without giving reason. It's a little late in the game to STILL be coasting on a few weak points about Miku. I wish I had time to reread him. I'm definitely not certain about Thor but as I've already explained the "misrep" turned out to be a misunderstanding and I don't think it's likely that moi's play re: Thor was bussing.

I don't have time to look up quotes or make better cases. I'm at my parents' house in the boonies with just my phone and terrible service, surrounded by a lot of family that raises eyebrows whenever I look at my phone.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Magua »

Dana and I. Got it. Pick Thor when you're lynched regardless.

Someone hammer.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:16 am

Post by danakillsu »

@ Magua
Your insistence that a Setael goon flip would make me scum is terribly nonsensical. Have you so easily forgotten the fact that I've been pushing his lynch harder than anyone and for an incredibly long time? No scumbuddy buses that hard.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

LynchMePls wrote:
Mina wrote:2) I don't believe that the scumteam has no goons; for that reason, Setael or Thor flipping a scum PR as opposed to goon would make me MORE suspicious of dana. (Otherwise, what's the point of giving the role cop VT/goon results?) That said, I have no reason to suspect dana beyond low activity and PoE. And his suggesting he sacrifice himself read as townish.
What about my observations towards Dana at the end of D2? He was acting pretty scummy. If you need me to go dig them back up, I will, but I'd like your take on it given this quote.
To tack on to this, Dana's post
screamed
insincere to me. Like "Hey i'm gonna offer myself up as a sacrifice for town points, even though there's already a plan in motion." I don't think anyone mentioned dana as a lynch option or champion option, and he just kinda waltzed in, didn't provide much except a contrived martyr situation, and ducked away. I dunno, that didn't sit well with me TS.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Benmage »

It is very important to watch what you are doing.

Do not simply pick Thor. Read the wording...we don't want you accidentally picking Thor to win. You pick him TO LOOSE.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh ya MINA we have a rolecop....who gets no info from a VT ..That would mean every goon was essentially a GF invimmune to our one cop.

Doubtful......also why would scum kill than????

Exactly. Dana is town.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Magua »

danakillsu wrote:@ Magua
Your insistence that a Setael goon flip would make me scum is terribly nonsensical. Have you so easily forgotten the fact that I've been pushing his lynch harder than anyone and for an incredibly long time? No scumbuddy buses that hard.
Nothing to do with your interaction with Setael. Goes like this:

#1. I don't think Stark has goons.

#2. If you're a Stark, you are a goon.

#3. Therefore, I'm disinclined to believe you're a Stark.

#4. But, if someone flips Stark goon, then I re-evaluate #1.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Andrius »

FFF.
I think we need a LMP flip in order to clear Zdenek though. I'm not willing to let this slide.
Bunnylover is town. I maintain that religiously.

Zdenek shot diddin? Sure as hell wasn't the Starks.
And if whoever-said-it is right then that's fine with me.

DGB, the claim is
Bulletproof
1shot CPR Doc. :roll:

I agree with Mina. Zdenek needs to be RB'd again.

I'm willing to hammer when the time comes.

And I think we should have a beef BBQ out of HasCow when this is all over and he actually flips scum. :P
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Magua »

Andrius wrote:FFF.
I think we need a LMP flip in order to clear Zdenek though. I'm not willing to let this slide.
Bunnylover is town. I maintain that religiously.

Zdenek shot diddin? Sure as hell wasn't the Starks.
And if whoever-said-it is right then that's fine with me.

DGB, the claim is
Bulletproof
1shot CPR Doc. :roll:

I agree with Mina. Zdenek needs to be RB'd again.

I'm willing to hammer when the time comes.

And I think we should have a beef BBQ out of HasCow when this is all over and he actually flips scum. :P
Andrius, you make me sad sometimes.

I shot diddin.

LMP claims 1-shot CPR doc, not Zdenek.

Hammer now please.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Andrius »

Magua sees me postin'... he cryin'
;)

I got that.

If its cool with you I'll wait for The Hand for the final go-ahead.
THEN THE KETTLEBLACKS GO TO WAR.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Magua »

Andrius wrote:
Magua sees me postin'... he cryin'
;)

I got that.
Magua does not cry. Magua sheds a single, solitary tear.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

There's no crying in
Baseball
Mafia.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:38 am

Post by hasdgfas »

vote: Setael
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Benmage »

Setael
you pick Thor and Thor alone for your champion. If you pick anyone else we will autoassume you scum.

Hammer away boys.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

REMINDER

Today the lynch will proceed as normal. Yeah, someone will get a majority as normal blah blah blah, you vote in the usual format.One majority is reached the thread will be locked. Then the Lynched Player will choose a champion via PM. The only restriction will be it cannot be the first person to vote him, as that player will also be choosing a champion, with him being unable to pick the lynched player (players may choose themselves though). These 2 champions will be announced in thread. These two champions will determine the lynchee's guilt.
A secret vote will take place to determine who is guilty with players voting for which champion they want to win. If the lynchee's champion wins (recieves more votes) then the other champion will die and the player who reached majority will be saved. If however his champion is defeated, then both the lynched player AND his champion (assuming they're not the same person) will die. The only person who may not vote on the duel is the person who was 'lynched'.

I had to read this twice to make sure too, but
We're voting for Benmage's champion
. The champion with the most votes win. This means, we
do not vote Thor. Voting Benmage's champion means Thor loses, and thus dies, along with Seteal.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

TL;DR

When the champions face off,
vote for benmage's champion
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

DAY 4 FINAL VOTECOUNT

Setael (9) Benmage, Zdenek, Magua, Locke Lamora, popsofctown, LynchMePls, Nexus, Shadow1psc, Danakillsu, Hasdgfas

Hasdgfas (1) Andrius

Not voting (6) Twilight Sparkle, Setael, DrippingGoofball, Bunnylover, Thor665, popsofctown

*With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
*Deadline is here
*Point out mistakes you see and you shall be rewarded with love. Such love.
*Dana has be prodded

Sansa

Sansa watched on. She felt cold. Her torturer Joffrey had been killed and news of her family rampaging through the city had left her in shock. She saw as the angry mob descended on the person named Setael. They beat her down and dragged her down the street.

Sansa followed the howling mob at a distance. She was scared but couldn't help but watch. As Setael tried to stand she was punched in the face. Cheers ran out around the crowd.

A man stepped out and spat 'Die you vile scheming bitch' as he aimed a fist at her stomach. She rolled out of the way and managed to right herself up against a wall.

'Here you stand judging me, but you are not the Gods. How dare you judge me, have you forgotten the old ways? I am not guilty and it will be proven. I DEMAND TRIAL BY COMBAT'

The Hand of the King stepped forward. 'And who shall champion your cause, who will dare risk my wrath, The Hand speaks with the King's voice' he said laughing arrogantly.

'Setael laughed. 'Leave that to me, you bring your champion and I shall bring mine, and I shall be proven innocent by the Gods'

The Hand nodded and laughed. 'Very well, she can spend the night in the cells, if she doesn't have a champion by tomorrow then she can fight for herself, then we will see who is truly blessed by the Gods'

Sansa backed away. A trial by combat...why she'd heard of them of course but had not seen one. Could she dare watch? She'd already seen so much death, what was one more life. She decided she would go home and pray. The Gods would decide who won tomorrow.

Setal and Benmage must pm me their champions now. Remember to send 2 people Benmage in case your first choice is taken. I shall then announce the champions in thread and votes can be sent for WHO YOU WANT TO SURVIVE via Pm. If you're confused about the voting process ask.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”