Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:00 am

Post by Juls »

and EBWOP: Happy Birthday Rhinox. <3
-------------------------------------
Juls
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Rhinox »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Fair enough explanation, oso. But EGMEOU still.
EGMEOU? :neutral:
what juls said
Oso wrote:I'm unavailable for most of the rest of the day but I would like to point folks at Erratus' vote post here:
Erratus Apathos wrote:..
Ender tells us to "have no fear". Having no fear in this game is tantamount to letting your guard down. Why do you want us to let our guard down, Ender?
VOTE: ender241
and think on it. Or comment. Or don't. But any input would be welcome. What got me the most about it was it doesn't seem to be an RVS vote but it is the first 'real' post of the game so by definition, it can't be anything other than a joke/RVS vote. But it's not a joke or RVS vote. Look at the way it's worded.

The post itself is a contradiction.
Well I don't think its distancing, because no one is ever going to buy an argument later in the game that 2 players aren't scum because they "random" voted each other. It could be scum partners just messing around in plain site, but I see no reason to suspect that given that town players also mess around with each other for various reasons in the RVS. So at best its null for now, but I'll be watching to see how they continue to interact with each other.

preview edit: thanks juls :D <3
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Juls wrote: I think it was IGMEOU = I got my eye on u. Having trouble entering the conversation twisted? How do you feel about the interactions between ender/erathos? me/farside? rhinox/oso?
yeah, thought it was IGMEOU
just seemed strange since I read EGMEOU twice
nevermind though

as for oso I see nothing particularly odd as of yet. I thought that He justified his reason and gave a counter-argument to support it. However I do realise that it isn't the strongest of finds from Oso, especially since it's so early in the game. It's a null tell for Oso, ender and erathos in my opinion

it's nice to see players like Rhinox and yourself are alert and reading carefully though. That's always a good sign. Like I say, the sooner RVS end the better
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Javert »

Klazam Post 21 wrote: Hey all, how much experience do you have?
Highly experienced.

Vote: Prosaurus
. Last to confirm, and already lurking. Scumbag in the bag.

Fixed. :)
Last edited by neil1113 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was born with scum like you."
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Juls »

Javert wrote:
Klazam, Post 21 wrote: Hey all, how much experience do you have?
Highly experienced.

So experienced he intentionally fails at quoting.
Juls
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Javert »

C'est la vie. At least I caught scum.
"I was born with scum like you."
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:10 am

Post by neil1113 »

Vote Count #1.1:
Day One

Oso
(2): Rhinox, Juls
Erratus Apathos
(2): Oso, Ender241
Rhinox
(1): Maxous
Juls
(1): farside22
ender241
(1): Erratus Apathos
Maxous
(1): Twistedspoon
Prosaurus
(1): Javert
Necessary Evil
(0):
Klazam
(0):
Me=Weird
(0):
farside22
(0):
Javert
(0):
Twistedspoon
(0):

No Lynch
(0):

Not Voting
(4): Necessary Evil, Prosaurus, Klazam, Me=Weird

With
alive it takes
to lynch.
Deadline for Day One is 12:00am EST on 4/20/2011
Last edited by neil1113 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

@Mod: I never voted Rhinox

YES YOU DID!!! I KNOW IT....

Okay fixed. :)
Last edited by neil1113 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Me=Weird »

TS's early posts seemed like town trying to get the game moving, so I have a town read on him.
Experience is somewhere around 25 games.
@Juls 32, does a game not count if you've changed a lot since then? I play way different than my early games, but I would still count them.
Oso-TS seems town on town right now, and I can say that in another game he said the same thing about pre-empting questions. Though he was scum then…
I can see EA scum, and I don't see anyone better right now, so
Vote: Erratus Apathos
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Juls »

Me=Weird wrote:TS's early posts seemed like town trying to get the game moving, so I have a town read on him.
Experience is somewhere around 25 games.
@Juls 32, does a game not count if you've changed a lot since then? I play way different than my early games, but I would still count them.
Oso-TS seems town on town right now, and I can say that in another game he said the same thing about pre-empting questions. Though he was scum then…
I can see EA scum, and I don't see anyone better right now, so
You can see my wiki to see that I literally don't count those games. It's like saying I smoked pot but didn't inhale. I didn't "get" it. I mean I got the idea of mafia but was unprepared for being "townie" or "scummy". And I replaced pretty quickly. I am embarrassed by the game, both by my play, and my attitude. It is something I would rather forget.

How can you put TS in the town column based on like 2 RVS posts?
Was Oso scum or town in the game where he pre-empted questions?
Juls
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Oso »

Juls wrote:..
Mini 1073:Autumn Mafia - I was Scum in the game Me=Weird is referencing.

Got a minute or two so, @Me=Wierd
Me=Weird wrote:..I can see EA scum, and I don't see anyone better right now, so...
Why?

I mean, I know why I see him as a scum candidate, why do you?
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Necessary Evil
Necessary Evil
Goon
Necessary Evil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Necessary Evil »

Oso wrote:Erratus Post-24:Looks like it could be RVS but isn't. I'd say a serious poke at another player because it asks a rather damning question:
Why do you want us to let our guard down, Ender?
. Followed by a vote on Ender.

Ender Post-34: Counter votes Erratus, calls him an idiot.

Early distancing attempt.
Oso's feigned confusion over EA's post doesn't make sense. He says EA's vote looks like an RVS vote, but why? Timing. That's the only possible explanation, but it's not a very good one. RVS can begin or end at any time. It looks to me like EA took something somebody said pregame and made something serious out of it. There's no "contradiction" there. EA should be getting a gold star for moving the game forward right away, not a vote.

The case on Ender is even worse. That was just a random vote. Any suspicion regarding that vote depends on EA being scum, and it's too early to tell that especially since Oso's case on EA is so weak.
VOTE: Oso
Me=Weird wrote:I can see EA scum, and I don't see anyone better right now, so
The lack of an explanation for this vote does not sit well with me.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Maxous »

Erratus' post came off as a joke to me. And a humorous enough one at that.

As for Oso pre-empting questions, I would'nt really consider it scummy, town also tend to consider how thier accusation can be refuted and sometimes move to nip it in the bud.
The fact that he started playing instead of merely coasting along is looking good so far. Even if it was a bit far-fetched. Leaning town as I doubt a mafia would make a speculative accusation like that so early.

As for TS - 3 null-tells and complimets Rhinox and Juls. Hmmm :/
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Oso »

@NE and Maxous.

Of course it is weak and speculative. Less than 3 full pages and 24 hours into the game.

NE may be right and Erratus deserves a gold star for basically ending the RVS the first post. At this moment, I don't agree but no way to prove it or even know if it is true. Even speculation as to why he did it relies on what you personally think of the post and what you think of EA's motivation behind it.

But, you have to start somewhere.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

ender241 wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:OMG, neil obviously gave himself the best role! SHENANIGANS!
ender241 wrote:Have no fear! Ender's here! VOTE: neil obvscum
Ender tells us to "have no fear". Having no fear in this game is tantamount to letting your guard down. Why do you want us to let our guard down, Ender?

You don't understand the situation, Erratus. With me being here we have no fear because i'm very skilled and very powerful.
Fair enough.
Oso wrote:I'm unavailable for most of the rest of the day but I would like to point folks at Erratus' vote post here:
Erratus Apathos wrote:..
and think on it. Or comment. Or don't. But any input would be welcome. What got me the most about it was it doesn't seem to be an RVS vote but it is the first 'real' post of the game so by definition, it can't be anything other than a joke/RVS vote. But it's not a joke or RVS vote. Look at the way it's worded.

The post itself is a contradiction.
WTF, there's no contradiction. What "definition" forces my vote to be a joke or RVS vote? We had a confirm stage where people posted with alignment knowledge. Those posts are analyzable, and that's exactly what I did, I analyzed them.
Necessary Evil wrote:Oso's feigned confusion over EA's post doesn't make sense. He says EA's vote looks like an RVS vote, but why? Timing. That's the only possible explanation, but it's not a very good one. RVS can begin or end at any time. It looks to me like EA took something somebody said pregame and made something serious out of it. There's no "contradiction" there. EA should be getting a gold star for moving the game forward right away, not a vote.

The case on Ender is even worse. That was just a random vote. Any suspicion regarding that vote depends on EA being scum, and it's too early to tell that especially since Oso's case on EA is so weak.
VOTE: Oso
What makes Oso's attempt to move the game forward worse than mine?
Klazam wrote:
Vote Twisted

Mostly a random vote, if you know what I mean. ;D

Hey all, how much experience do you have? I’m really shitty on D1, because I haven’t figured out how to play well on D1. I’m hoping that on this game, I’ll do much better.

We can all hope, now, can’t we?
What do you mean by "Mostly a random vote, if you know what I mean"? That's a weird qualifier. Why'd you tack it on to your vote?

UNVOTE: Ender
VOTE: Klazam
Do you want your possessions identified?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

Rhinox post 38 I do this all the time no matter my alignment. How often do you see scum do this? What about players that are town?

Post 43 I get your reasoning on why it's scummy, I guess I just don't think about it in terms of covering my ass.
post 45
Funny enough when I do an RVS vote I don't roll a dice. I either pick a person who is a VI or someone I played with when I can't find a VI.
It's part seeing how they react to my comment and part just plain RVS with a purpose. I look at how they respond, if they respond, panic, non panic, casual, joking. It just gives me ideas that I put to the side and think about throughout the game.

Oso post 47 I don't see a contradiction. It looks a bit more jokey reading it. Ender's OMGUS reaction is a bit more odd.

juls post 48 Not a fan of following.

@twisted: Any scum reads from you? Anything standing out? Your post post 52 has people at null. I also don't see everything as RVS when 2 people are voting for serious reasons on Oso.

@Me=Weird: What do you see from EA that was scummy?

So far the person that I find scummy is TS. He didn't respond to what was going on the game. When things are going on he does a RVS instead of commenting on it.
Finally when asked about the reads it's null and nothing odd for Oso.

Next up. I don't like Jul's following of Rhinox in post 48.

unvote:
vote TwistedSpoon

Oso: how do you have a town read on TS? What is your view on the discussion between myself and Juls?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Oso »

Um, I don't have a town read on TS.

The only two people I have mentioned in regards to possible alignment are Erratus and Ender.

As to you and Juls, since you weren't really arguing even with your vote on her, I'm going to say that it is null banter.
-
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

Oso wrote:Um, I don't have a town read on TS.

The only two people I have mentioned in regards to possible alignment are Erratus and Ender.

As to you and Juls, since you weren't really arguing even with your vote on her, I'm going to say that it is null banter.
Sorry it was Me=Weird that said that. :oops:
Question goes to Me=Weird.

@Oso: What is your read of TS so far?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Oso »

farside22 wrote:..
@Oso: What is your read of TS so far?
Null for the moment. Mostly based on meta. The game I played with him was just before this one (Mini 1130 - A Fishbowl Invasion by Ninja Monkeys!) and he seems on track for the way he played there. He was town.

Newish, unsure, a bit directionless. Pretty much what I saw from him before. Your vote on him should wake him up though. Last game, votes and suspicions had a tendency to do that to him.
-
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

How can you put TS in the town column based on like 2 RVS posts?
Oso was scum.
As I said before, I get a slight town read on TS because his frustration about voting the mod instead of real RVS seemed like genuine town trying to get the game going.
About voting EA, it was mostly just following you, and nobody else really stood out.
With his new post though, he says "Fair enough" to what's obviously a joke like it's completely serious. And then "What "definition" forces my vote to be a joke or RVS vote?" Seems to deny that he was serious, yet later he says it was attempting to move the game forward. Next he seems pretty eager to vote klazam, for something that a lot of people say(mostly random). It could be scum hopping off their buddy at first opportunity.
Farside: Why single out TS? Javert, Klazam, Saurus and to a lesser extent Juls haven't really said much either.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Javert wrote:
Klazam Post 21 wrote: Hey all, how much experience do you have?
Highly experienced.

Fixed. :)
Let me put this out there: Go to sleep. Get up. Go to school. Go to hockey practice. Walk home.
It takes a while :P
I can tell. This will be a looooooooong game for me.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Juls wrote: I think it was IGMEOU = I got my eye on u. Having trouble entering the conversation twisted? How do you feel about the interactions between ender/erathos? me/farside? rhinox/oso?
nevermind though

as for oso I see nothing particularly odd as of yet. I thought that He justified his reason and gave a counter-argument to support it. However I do realise that it isn't the strongest of finds from Oso, especially since it's so early in the game. It's a null tell for Oso, ender and erathos in my opinion

it's nice to see players like Rhinox and yourself are alert and reading carefully though. That's always a good sign. Like I say, the sooner RVS end the better
Only real post I see (Contains more than fluff). Don't find it scummy. BTW, what's IGMEOU? Can't find it on the wiki.
Erratus Apathos wrote:OMG, neil obviously gave himself the best role! SHENANIGANS!
In the RVS, this is scummy how? I'm pretty new, please explain this.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by Klazam »

just a quick post: V/LA for 48 hours or so. Something came up.

Noted, thanks.
Last edited by neil1113 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by ender241 »

Prosaurus wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:
nevermind though

Only real post I see (Contains more than fluff). Don't find it scummy. BTW, what's IGMEOU? Can't find it on the wiki.
In the RVS, this is scummy how? I'm pretty new, please explain this.

It isn't, he was just trying to get us out of the "RVS stage" as soon as possible so we can do some proper scum-hunting.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Me=Weird wrote:About voting EA, it was mostly just following you, and nobody else really stood out.
With his new post though, he says "Fair enough" to what's obviously a joke like it's completely serious.
I'm saying "fair enough" because his post showed that my interpretation of his pregame comment was wrong.
Me=Weird wrote:And then "What "definition" forces my vote to be a joke or RVS vote?" Seems to deny that he was serious, yet later he says it was attempting to move the game forward.
It doesn't deny that I'm serious, it confirms it in fact. I made that comment because Oso said my vote was "by definition" a joke/RVS vote, and I was baffled by him using that particular wording, especially when my vote wasn't actually a joke or RVS vote!
Me=Weird wrote:Next he seems pretty eager to vote klazam, for something that a lot of people say(mostly random). It could be scum hopping off their buddy at first opportunity.
Or it could be town switching votes because his first case got disproven! What do you expect, me to stay on ender even after he debunked my argument?
Do you want your possessions identified?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”