To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Furcolow »

It's looking like 8 vs 4 vs 2
unless Vietnamese Soviet mafia, and Soviet mafia are different, which I
HIGHLY
doubt.
I'm guessing the other mafia are capitalist ? Not all soviet area characters are mafia, so I believe we have yet to see the other mafia's name. It is probably American.

THOUGH I'm sure Fonz is allied with the deceased gonnano and is scum, if I am right about that, he is on the 2 person team and we need to get someone on the 4 person team so that the 2 person team will still be able to submit kills... if they can still submit kills. Perhaps they just have a Godfather/Thief combination or something similar revolving flavor that doesn't enable them to kill. I doubt they submitted a no kill, and noone has come out with a doc protect or having lost a night live.

I would love to claim that I had a ploy setup to where I lost a night life last night and was trying to trap someone who misclaimed and counterclaim them, but I don't, sadly.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:10 am

Post by bvoigt »

If we do have a doc, they should
not
claim. With 2 scumteams, we won't even know if the person they protected was town.
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:16 am

Post by EGL »

Furcolow wrote:It's looking like 8 vs 4 vs 2
unless Vietnamese Soviet mafia, and Soviet mafia are different, which I
HIGHLY
doubt.
I'm guessing the other mafia are capitalist ? Not all soviet area characters are mafia, so I believe we have yet to see the other mafia's name. It is probably American.

THOUGH I'm sure Fonz is allied with the deceased gonnano and is scum, if I am right about that, he is on the 2 person team and we need to get someone on the 4 person team so that the 2 person team will still be able to submit kills... if they can still submit kills. Perhaps they just have a Godfather/Thief combination or something similar revolving flavor that doesn't enable them to kill. I doubt they submitted a no kill, and noone has come out with a doc protect or having lost a night live.

I would love to claim that I had a ploy setup to where I lost a night life last night and was trying to trap someone who misclaimed and counterclaim them, but I don't, sadly.

If there are two mafias then I'm guessing most of the other team would be on the Gonnano wagon, wouldn't they? I'm also curious about that other wagon. I need to look it up to see which one but I remember making mention that I thought there were scum on it. Someone said it's not worth mentioning unless I felt there was a big concentration, which I did feel that way, but neglected to respond in kind.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:21 am

Post by EGL »

smargaret - 7 - ThAdmiral, LynchMePls, Furcolow, Sathoris, Beasts of the Sea, Lowell, Stephoscope

This wagon seemed to stall at 7, didn't it? The next vote count had dropped to five. My thinking was that if there were a lot of town in this group of seven then Smarg would have been lynched by both mafia groups if he's town or an opposing mafia group if he's scum.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:57 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Umm, I think that's because smargaret claimed dude.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Things to note after the flip:

Artem (i.e. vp baltar) and gonnano were both on mothrax/jmj (i.e. fonz) day 1. It is therefore unlikely fonz was on the same team as them.

The last two votes on the bunnylover lynch were gonnano and then egl. It is therefore unlikely EGL was on the same team as gonnano.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Furcolow »

you'd have to look at unvoting with your jmj wagon point. when did those guys unvote? did they deter the wagon with their unvoting?

what's stopping scum from voting back to back on a hammer? I disagree with that clearing them as being buddies. Also, with 2 scum teams, isn't EGL not being on the same team as gonnano a reason TO vote him? We need to eliminate from the team of 4, not from gonnano's team.
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by EGL »

Except I'm not on either scum team, Furc.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by EGL »

That's the flaw in your logic.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by EGL »

@Thad, did we ever find out who Smarg's supposed neighbor is?
EXTERMINAAATE~!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

EGL wrote:@Thad, did we ever find out who Smarg's supposed neighbor is?
No I don't believe we did. Why are you asking just me though?
Furcolow wrote:you'd have to look at unvoting with your jmj wagon point. when did those guys unvote? did they deter the wagon with their unvoting?

what's stopping scum from voting back to back on a hammer? I disagree with that clearing them as being buddies. Also, with 2 scum teams, isn't EGL not being on the same team as gonnano a reason TO vote him? We need to eliminate from the team of 4, not from gonnano's team.
I'm not discounting them completely, but it is a good indication they are not on the same team.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

And yes with 2 teams they could still be scum independently.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Feysal »

Long time no see, thread. I've been prodded of course, and I admit both my posting and voting records have become very low for the past two day phases. I bet you don't care to hear my excuses, and I don't have any to give anyway. I've been bored and unmotivated, with this game and mafia in general, and that is that. Unfortunately things are not looking up for me in the near future either. On Sunday I will be flying to Rome, and I probably will have only sporadic net access if any until I come back next Friday. Therefore,
I will be on V/LA until Thursday next week
. I'll still be here tomorrow and try to sort out more of my thoughts in another post before I leave.

I see there is some suspicion on EGL, not surprisingly after his two town hammers. But after ISO reading him, I don't see much else to suspect him for, though there is certainly not much to give him a town read for either. I do get some weak town signals from his actions and posts on day one now, but it is not much to go on. I double checked the case smargaret posted too, and I'm afraid the facts don't support it. Neither EGL or gonnano ever said that much about each other, and the one time gonnano mentioned EGL as a favored lynch, he did vote him in the same post. Not what I'd call an open and shut case, now that I looked at it close.

The only good thing about checking in so infrequently is that anything I do read is always with fresh eyes, with little influence from past reads. Someone I may have to change my mind on is DavidParker, now PeregrineV. My read of him kept changing on day one, but I've thought him town ever since his reaction to Amrun's claim. Artem believed it was townish, and I agreed... and now I find myself second guessing that. With two scum teams, the reaction may have been genuine, but come from scum that was uncertain whether Amrun belonged to the rival scum team. Then there is that wagon where Artem and DavidParker were among the first to vote gonnano. Two scum leading a lynch on their partner? Not very credible at first glance, but then, I've done it too, late in the day when other wagons were well established and looked likely to result in town lynches. Now I wonder if that was what DavidParker was trying to do, distance from his partner while at the same time avoid being caught on a mislynch, but then the gonnano wagon unexpectedly began to develop, at which point he jumped off, trying to weaken the wagon, and gave a horrible reason for it.
Stephoscope [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2931545#p2931545]#1818[/url] wrote:It is worth noting that there was no "poisoning" nor "removed from bunker" last night. Is there anything we can deduce from that?
I believe that means there was no Soviet scum kill and no vigilante kill. Being shot is almost certainly not the Soviet kill flavor since that is how VP Baltar died, so it stands to reason that being poisoned is the Soviet kill flavor.

The latter is not at all surprising, since the odd-night vigilante is dead. The former, there are a number of explanations like a blocker, doctor, dual kill, or the scum simply failing to send in an action. If the Soviet scum are down to one person and that person was away for the night phase, that would be all the explanation needed. I'm obviously thinking about PeregrineV here. He did replace DavidParker before yesterday ended, but he never posted until this day phase. There could be other candidates too, I haven't done an extensive activity check.
bvoigt [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2931897#p2931897]#1823[/url] wrote:Yeah, although I'm not sure it's really pro-town to say it.
Why not? The odd-night vigilante being dead is public knowledge, and I don't see anything about the lack of a Soviet kill that would be anti-town to say, as long as we remember there are several possibilities to explain that and don't jump into conclusions.
Why so pessimistic? 8-4-2 could be possible, but I think 10-3-1 is at least equally possible.
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by EGL »

ThAdmiral wrote:Umm, I think that's because smargaret claimed dude.
Because you're the one who pointed out smarg claimed.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:45 am

Post by bvoigt »

Feysal wrote:
Why so pessimistic? 8-4-2 could be possible, but I think 10-3-1 is at least equally possible.
I think a 3-man scumteam would have a tough time in a 24-player game. With a Day 1 lynch, crosskill, and good vig shot, they could be eliminated by Day 2 in a worst-case scenario.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:58 am

Post by Sotty7 »

2nd vote count of day 4

Furcolow - 1 -
The Fonz
Stephoscope - 1 -
bvoigt
The Fonz - 2 -
Beasts of the Sea, PeregrineV
bvoigt - 1 -
Stephoscope,
EGL - 2 -
smargaret, Scott Brosius

Not voting - 7 -
Feysal, EGL, Sathoris, Lowell, ThAdmiral, LynchMePls, Furcolow
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Lowell »

This weekend is bad. I'll catch up Monday.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

EGL wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Umm, I think that's because smargaret claimed dude.
Because you're the one who pointed out smarg claimed.
What?
As far as I remember it smarg claimed, and because of that people stopped voting her. I'll going to check back to confirm this.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Yep that's how it happened.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Furcolow »

in feysal's 1037 did anyone dislike the:
1) admission of agreeing with flipped scum
2) use of the term "the rival scum team"

i had to come post before finishing reading
vote: Feysal
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Furcolow »

OMG HE ANALYZED THE OTHER TEAM'S VOTING ANALYSIS LOL
HE IS SCUM, SMARGARET IS HIS BUDDY.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Post by smargaret »

Feysal - can you elaborate on why the EGL case is suddenly invalid?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I'm cool with a feysal lynch.

vote: feysal
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

Beasts of the Sea wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
this wagon has had the amount of opposition I would expect from the 3 man team if Fonz is Gonnano's ally and is distancing

I'm going to keep my vote here, and hope that the 3 man team gets knocked down to 2 here and the Fonz is outted associatively through not wanting to place his vote on Gonnano even if he doesn't really believe the claim in his #1792

It's of note that Fonz is taking over the town and pushing them against me/protecting Gonnano, though so I could argue both sides of the coin.

With gonnano's flip I think Furcolow hit the nail on the head (bolded emphasis mine).
Yeah, this is a great point, apart from it being utterly untrue. I made my vote for Furc when there was only one vote on Gonnano, and six on smargaret. The idea that I pushed Furcolow 'to save Gonnano' does not jibe with even a cursory reading of the game. Considering that no-one new joined the Furc wagon after I did, it would also be a stretch to suggest that I 'took over the town.' When the gonanno wagon sprung up, I continued to push Furc because not one iota of my reason for voting him had gone- people who lie about their roles, and especially people who get caught out lying rather than coming clean, are overwhelmingly often scum, therefore they must be lynched as a policy. It's a strange world in which 'Fonz did not change his behaviour in reaction to a Gonnano wagon springing up' is an associative tell with Gonnano.

Before the Gonnano wagon came along, I stated that I found Gonnano scummy early on, but that overall I found the case on him to be somewhat overblown relative to say, DavidParker, who had done pretty much everything bad Gonnano did AND lied about his role.

Can I at least ask people this: if ThAd turns out to be scum, will people at least very strongly consider killing DP for 'clearing' him, then retracting it later when the danger had gone?

As for the claim, I've seen too many dumbass quicklynches in my recent town games to risk another one here, given that Gonnano claimed power. I mean, were you really expecting me to vote a claimed PR before he'd even given results, based mostly on flavor when we've seen just how effective trying to outguess the mod has been so far? Plus, people's reactions to claims are some of the best evidence you can get. I was in no mood to cut the day short before as many people as possible had commented. Finally, note that Gon flipped goon, not scum watcher, so a buddy would have known he didn't have real results to save him. Do you really think a buddy of Gonnano's there wouldn't have realized that he was going down, hard?
Beasts wrote:
The Fonz wrote:To those advocating 'Bvoight and Gonnano' as suspects- would the alignment of either influence your view of the other? IE, do you think their interactions look scumbuddyish, or do you think each is a top suspect independent of the other?

Personally, Gonnano doesn't look that scummy. But Bvoight doesn't look scummy at all to me.
Fishing for relationships on people you don't find scummy? This is clearly trying to determine how to maneuver to benefit his and gonnano's team in the event that it heads that direction (collateral damage?).
Or, you know, blatantly obviously genuine scumhunting. When lots of people say 'Bvoight today, Gonnano tomorrow' there can be several things behind it. They can genuinely think they're scum and connected to each other. They can think they are both scum, but completely unconnected. And, in particular, they can be Gonnano buddies who are claiming to think Gonnano is scum with links to Bvoight, but looking to use a Bvoight town flip as an excuse to stop bussing their buddy. I was suspicious of people making these kind of statements because I had a town read on bvoight, therefore either the latter scenario or lining up lynches were both possible motivations for those making those kind of comments. I wanted to pin these players down.
Then, 1737 - 1739, his three posts are all just really slandering Furcolow based on past games, and the third comment is just trying to add icing on the cake to cement it as a legitimate alternative to the gonnano wagon.
This is disingenuous. People were meta defending Furcolow. I was pointing out that, of all the VI behaviour I have seen from him in the past (played two games with him, and read another as meta during one of those), I have never seen him lie about his role as town. I am quite happy to defend Furc when I think, in spite of his VI nature, he looks town. I was doing it during my early catchup posts, before he lied about his role, and I did it in Mafia in Mendo when Furc made his 'assuming scum have daytalk' townslip. The point I am making is that Furc is particularly antitown and scummy in this game, even for him. If we don't lynch him here, it's difficult to imagine what he could actually do that would lead anyone to ever vote him.
BoTS wrote:
Mothrax also advocates for his desire to see gonnano's flip above all else with no other commentary about the player slot otherwise, and this comment shortly after having declared confusion over Amrun/PI still being alive. Then mothrax said in the interest of deadlines he would be voting Amrun/PI...
Well, that comment was pretty thorough. More to the point, though, 'Is lurking, and not getting heat for it' is good town reasoning, I use it a lot. Generally, when there are multiple people committing a particular scummy act, and other players focus on some of them to the exclusion of others, that is an associative tell. It's the exact same reasoning Lowell used to kick off the Gonnano wagon yesterday.
ThAdmiral wrote:Feysel certainly did not provide all that much.
He has hardly voted
this entire game
Feysal's ISO 28 imho contained as much content as anything anyone else did all day.
Furcolow wrote:wow, two wagons i LOVE
glad this game is back open

fonz REPLACED JMJ. Remember that wagon on d1? I can't believe it died!
[/b]
You mean, a wagon on a player that was largely based on the fact that he wasn't posting much, then he got replaced? Yeah, why on Earth would that ever die. :roll:
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

As for the votes that aren't Furc and aren't me, I rank them EGL > Steph >> Bvoight.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”