Newbie 1052 - Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ty
Ty
Townie
Ty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Ty »

DAY THREE & FOUR

As I touched upon previously, I think the biggest indicator that gives away Sundy as the scum is how he’s acted so far today. Post #632 was a token assessment of Workdawg which is best summarized as “Workdawg is too newbie to have done anything serious as scum, I’m sure he’s town.” I can tell you that is NOT how the town operates in a LyLo situation. I was pretty dang confident you were town too, but there was no way I was putting all of my eggs in the same basket like that. The only person that’s going to be confident in LyLo is someone that knows who is what role. The only person with that information is a scum team member, in this case Sundy.

Additionally, here is the beginning of my post #613
There's been noted suspicion of this slot primarily from Sundy so this is my response. It should be noted I heavily dislike the so called "shotgun approach" which is throw a dozen circumstantial situations out at a target and hope one or two resonate with the other players. Though I am almost completely positive sordros is the scum, Sundy is indeed my distant second. Whereas sordros is blatantly scummy, Sundy seems more passively scummy and the shotgun approach is something that just irks me.
First, this shotgun approach is the reason you seem to think I’ve written off cases against me as “blasphemy.” It’s really frustrating to have accusations with no credence hurled at you like this. Take a read through all his points again; do any of those honestly paint me as a scum member? Even Sundy admits some of them are just plain circumstantial. The first point he validates simply because he “doesn’t believe me” when I said there really was no reason for me using Stels’ name in the RQS (RANDOM questioning stage). As I’ve said, the only thing the “shotgun approach” does is muddy my name. If I strung together ten small out-of-context quirks of any player in this game I could “prove” they were scum too.

However, you’ll notice I said Sundy is passively scummy and a distant second compared to sordros. Looking back on it, I do think my biggest mistake in this game was going after the overly-blatant scum tells/slips. Sordros and you definitely did some pretty questionable things throughout this game and I think I put too much focus on them. As Sundy has reminded us more than once, he is an SE and more experienced players are definitely more able to pull off the passive scum approach. Stels sure wasn’t obvious about it, and neither was Sundy.
Hmm. The fact that two days have passed without Workdawg hammering takes me from 95% to 99.9% sure that he is good. Basically I cannot imagine a single scenario where such is not the case. Maybe he was some kind of a sleeper who wanted to be tricky by defending his scum-buddy. But in that case, there's no way an experienced player doesn't hammer right now and win the game.
His most recent post in LyLo. Notice how he justifies Workdawg is town AFTER placing his vote against me. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Workdawg is town after having the opportunity to hammer and win the game if he wasn’t. The main difference is I had to do this BEFORE placing a vote. Unlike Sundy, I didn’t have the luxury of knowing the alignment of who I was voting.
Also:
Ty wrote:I would like you to post three reasons why Sundy is the scum and three reasons why you believe I am scum

What subtle word choice.
This has rubbed me the wrong way throughout LyLo. Sundy condescendingly mocks me for writing I am the townsperson. Am I supposed to be afraid to broadcast being a townie in LyLo?

DAY ONE

I don’t think you included this in your ISO analysis Workdawg, but Stels’ vote on me in the first day brought me to L-1. Why do scum like to be third or fourth on a wagon? It attracts the least amount of attention. They don’t want to get blamed for starting a wagon on town, and they certainly don’t want to place the hammer which is often the most controversial vote (as can be seen every day of this game), but they DO want the game to progress with a lynched townsperson. If Stels’ scum spot placed an L-1 vote, how many times has the asano/Sundy spot done it? FIVE TIMES. Asano did it once in Day One to Mute, Sundy did it in Day One to Mute, Day Two to Mute, Day Three to me, and Day Four to me. Each of these times it was on a person who was under the most flak at the moment, whether it be Stels, Mute or me. These votes brought that person to the chopping block, but let the ultimate blame for a mislynch fall on the townie who decided to hammer.

To summarize, Sundy and his slot has spent the game taking a passive role and voting whoever was suspicious to L-1. Sundy then spends the past two days trying to further the suspicions against me with an approach that's more helpful to someone trying to get someone lynched not scumhunt. This spot has been an experienced scum person hidden enough so as to not attract much attention while painting various members of the town as scum, NOT a newbie town player too scared to get actively involved in this game.

VOTE: Sundy
Is it just me, or is it getting hot in here?
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by Drench »

The Twenty Fourth Vote Count - FinaleWorkdawg
Sundy - 1 - Ty
Ty - 1 - Sundy

No Lynch

Not Voting - 1 - Workdawg

Deadline expires at the 6th of April at 10:57am, AEDST.
join your union
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:03 am

Post by Workdawg »

I figured it would come down to this... oh the pressure.

I think you've got some excellent points here Ty. The fact that Sundy voted first, and so quickly does seems suspicious to me as well. As for your analysis of his votes, I did note (I think) Stels' vote against you D1. Technically you weren't at L-1 after he voted, but because I can't count I thought that was the case. Though maybe he thought so as well, who knows. His unvote after the fact doesn't seem to indicate either way.

There are some fairly interesting arguments for vote analysis being an extremely solid tell, and I've been planning on doing one of Stels/Sundy for a while now. I'll have to go back and confirm your points and take a closer look.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Workdawg »

Here's an analysis of Sundy's slot's votes:

D1

asano votes for Mute (L-1): newbie mistake I think.
Sundy votes for Stels (L-1): Sundy's clarifications make this more clear to me.
D2

Sundy votes for Mute (L-3): First vote right as the day starts but he unvotes when he gets to L-1 and a few people haven't checked in yet.
Sundy votes for Ty (L-3): First vote against Ty also. His justification is because of Ty's comments about Stels right away. I noticed something else here as well and will comment on it after this analysis.
Sundy votes for Mute again (L-1): Switches back to Mute to apply some much needed (IMO) pressure. He switches from Ty who was L-2 at the time to Mute.
D3

Sundy votes for Ty (L-1): He actually spent a lot of time during the day building a case against Ty. It was over a week from the first time he posted a case against Ty. WIFOM here, but it seems like he could have hopped on the sordros wagon and gotten to the same place.
D4

Sundy votes for Ty (L-1): And here we are. Sundy "cast the first stone" so-to-speak. He's always been suspicious of Ty and he laid it out there. I said before that I don't feel like Ty is really doing a very good job of defending himself and I'm obv town (lol here, btw)... so might as well vote for your target.

-----------------

In conclusion... yes, Sundy has cast a lot of L-1 votes, but I don't think they are as damning as Ty has made them out to be. He's always had some kind of justification for doing so, and he's only been on the wagon of a town lynch once so far (Mute), and that was a result of sordros hammering way early. D1 he could have been bussing Stels, but I think his case is sound now that he's explained where I misinterpretted things. I disagree with your assessment that Sundy has taken a passive role this game as well. Reading his ISO I would say that he is contributing positively.

----------------

The other thing I mentioned above that I noticed is this:
Ty in ISO 1 wrote:And yes, Stels is scum.
Based on the game so far, provide me with a reason that would support that statement.
Tied into the comment from before where Ty asks me to come up with reasons why Sundy is scum.
Ty in ISO 16 wrote:Additionally, I would like you to post three reasons why Sundy is the scum and three reasons why you believe I am scum and be prepared to support them with posts and logic. Don’t use ISOs if they’re going to be a distraction from your reasoning.
I just don't see why a town player would ask someone else to do the scum hunting for them. One of the fundamentals of Mafia is that the Town has truth on their side while Scum have to make up reasons to mislynch a town player, right? So why is a town player asking someone else to do their job for them? This just seems to me like a scum move to try and get a town player on their side. If I give you a reason Sundy is scum, then all you have to do is agree with me and it seems like a genuine reason to lynch someone.

This combined with the other things said before (Stels' reads and other interaction between the two, my analysis of the last NK) have pushed me right up the edge here. Ty hasn't done a very good defending himself in my eyes and his case against Sundy is extremely weak. The evidence against Ty is overwhelming compared to what has been presented against Sundy.

I actually had a vote for Ty typed in here for about 10 minutes considering whether or not I should slick 'Submit' but I decided against it. There's still time, and while I'm nearly convinced of Ty's guilt at this point, I don't quite feel right laying down the final vote if I have to think about it for that long and not come to a conclusion. I feel like I'm dragging the game out unnecessarily, but I'd love to get a win under my belt instead of lose it for the team.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Workdawg »

I've thought some more about this. I want to give Ty a chance to really make a case. Maybe he's scum and Sundy has just played well enough that there's no chance of that, and if that's the case, then I we'll lynch Ty, but I want to give him a shot. All the other times Ty has felt strongly about the scumminess of a player, he put together well written case, with multiple points and sound arguments. I didn't see that in his case against Sundy above.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Sundy »

@Ty, Your comments about L-1:I didn't ever vote Mute to L-1 on Day 1 as you claim. I did on Day 2 but honestly Mute deserved it in terms of responding to pressure. Your other 2 examples are from when I put YOU at L-1, and I wish you'd gotten there a lot faster tbqh.
Ty wrote:Notice how he justifies Workdawg is town AFTER placing his vote against me.
I thought this was a funny complaint in your post. In the post you're quoting, I had ALREADY given my explanation for the town-read, and in fact you had already analyzed it above!
Ty wrote:I was pretty dang confident you were town too
Interesting phrasing. I thought in your read on me, I was your distant second behind Sordros??? Sure you might have been unsure about him, but in terms of your read on me, didn't you say you found me suspicious? Except in reality you were confident I'm town, because you've known exactly who is and is not town the whole time since you're scum.
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Drench »

You have approximately 144 hours remaining until deadline.
join your union
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Sundy »

I will be on limited activity until Monday, due to academic deadlines.
Ty
Ty
Townie
Ty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Ty »

Hey, midterms are over now. I'll have a post up tonight or tomorrow, thanks.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Drench »

For the blind ones, a not-so-helpful substitute reminder that you have 108 hours remaining.
join your union
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Workdawg »

Something tells me Drench is getting anxious for this one to end... <.<
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Drench »

A mass prod has been sent as of approximately 12 hours ago.
join your union
Ty
Ty
Townie
Ty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by Ty »

I've thought some more about this. I want to give Ty a chance to really make a case. Maybe he's scum and Sundy has just played well enough that there's no chance of that, and if that's the case, then I we'll lynch Ty, but I want to give him a shot. All the other times Ty has felt strongly about the scumminess of a player, he put together well written case, with multiple points and sound arguments. I didn't see that in his case against Sundy above.
If that’s the case, the town is SOL. I stand by all the points I’ve made today and I’ve tried to make them as clear as possible. And guess what, I’m not going to have a case with a dozen different points to make against Sundy because he’s an experienced player and knows how to play scum, which is radically different from the new players in the game which are much easier to tear apart. One of the main points I’ve tried to demonstrate throughout LyLo is the ridiculousness of Sundy’s claims. Instead of actually looking at his points from where I’m coming from you’ve basically called me arrogant for disregarding his points as invalid. BECAUSE THEY ARE. The fact absolutely none of his points are remotely feasible is ones of the biggest indicators he is the scum.

I’m glad you’re giving me this chance to demonstrate my innocence and why Sundy is scum but from your posts it seems like you’ve pretty much made up your mind. It’s disheartening but before you make your decision honestly just look through both of our ISOs one last time. One of us has no problem being outspoken throughout the game while trying to find the remaining scum while the other has cruised to LyLo hiding in the shadows and avoiding almost any sort of suspicion. I just really hope you can see that.

Without further ado…
I just don't see why a town player would ask someone else to do the scum hunting for them. One of the fundamentals of Mafia is that the Town has truth on their side while Scum have to make up reasons to mislynch a town player, right?
You have several incorrect assumptions in these statements. First and foremost, I wasn’t asking you to do scumhunting for me, in each case I was asking you to do it for yourself. In my ISO 1 I was trying to get new players adjusted to being able to scumhunt so I used that as one of my questions in RQS. However I’m more concerned with the fact that you’re falling right into Sundy’s trap and giving my ISO 1 RQS questions this sort of merit. One of Sundy’s fundamental arguments is that my RQS discussed Stels making me scum and you’ve seemed to agree with him. As I’ve said over and over, the purpose of RQS is comparable to RVS. Workdawg, you voted Stels in the RVS, do you think it would be reasonable for me to use that against you in LyLo as a reason for your lynch? I really, really hope not. My ISO 16 also was directed at getting you to scumhunt for yourself. I was worried you would buckle under the weight of having to make a decision that decides the game and I wanted you to have a solid logically based background for your decision. Ironically, I don’t think you ever did lay out the three reasons against either of us, but you did manage to distort the post where I challenge you to think critically and for yourself as a reason why I am guilty? I’m being honest here, I wouldn’t want you to do my scumhunting in the first place, which is specifically why I asked you have a purpose when posting ISOs of players. I really could care less what you think of Neuky’s 10th post, but I would be interested to hear how Neuky’s ISO themes make me/Sundy seems more likely to be the last scum.

Additionally, your question/statement about game theory is not entirely correct. The scum don’t have to make up reasons to lynch someone, often they are given reasons that can be used to lynch town. For example, say an extremely scummy looking yet actually townie new player says something atrociously scummy. The real scum doesn’t have to “make up” a reason, they can simply use the new player’s scummy behavior as one. The hard part as town is differentiating between a person presenting this evidence in order to get rid of scum or to mislynch.
This just seems to me like a scum move to try and get a town player on their side. If I give you a reason Sundy is scum, then all you have to do is agree with me and it seems like a genuine reason to lynch someone.
WIFOM. I’m just a townie that really wanted you to analyze the situation and come to a logical decision based on the information you’re provided. I’ll be honest, with the Mute debacle and misfirings from you “cannon” I haven’t seen much solid scumhunting from you this entire game. You’re doing a good job as a newbie and it is to be expected, but you’re in the most difficult position of a Mafia game and I wanted to give you all the help you could get.
This combined with the other things said before (Stels' reads and other interaction between the two, my analysis of the last NK) have pushed me right up the edge here. Ty hasn't done a very good defending himself in my eyes and his case against Sundy is extremely weak. The evidence against Ty is overwhelming compared to what has been presented against Sundy.
Maybe I haven’t done as thorough of a job disproving each of Sundy’s bogus points as I thought I had, but I thought I’ve done a very solid job conveying why each point is explicitly wrong. I’m not going to repeat myself here, I already disproved his point #1 (once again) a few paragraphs above this. Most of his other points are circumstantial tidbits that are being thrown in to muddy my actions. I’d challenge you to reread each point he makes with an open mind and ask yourself if it’s a scumtell. I’ve already done it and the answer is no, hence why I was so blunt when addressing the points.

I’m surprised you find my points so weak. I take a quality over quantity approach especially in regards to Sundy, who is experienced enough to avoid making a line of silly errors and mistakes. However, you should realize that patterns are one of the strongest scumtells around (take a look on the mafiascum wiki, it’s actually in there). Voting third/fourth on a wagon was actually a well-known scumtell for the longest time. A history of voting in the middle for an entire game is not random at all, as you and Sundy are making it out to be. I don’t know about you, but for me that makes the offender a new player that is unable to scumhunt at all so he’s forced to just join an established wagon or an experienced scum that is capable of avoiding the suspicion of starting a wagon and placing the hammer. Sundy obviously falls into the latter category, hence why I took the time to point this out.

Finally, I also think his major buddying to you in LyLo is a strong indicator of his scumminess. You never really addressed this point but in my previous post I asked why a town player would buddy up to another person in LyLo like that. The answer is they wouldn’t. The only person who can do that is someone who knows the alignment of the remaining players, i.e. the scum.

I thought this was a funny complaint in your post. In the post you're quoting, I had ALREADY given my explanation for the town-read, and in fact you had already analyzed it above!
Did you even bother to read my post or did you just cherry pick random phrases and try to attack them?
Interesting phrasing. I thought in your read on me, I was your distant second behind Sordros??? Sure you might have been unsure about him, but in terms of your read on me, didn't you say you found me suspicious? Except in reality you were confident I'm town, because you've known exactly who is and is not town the whole time since you're scum.
Really? The sentence of mine you quoted was referring to Workdawg, not you. So I’m going to go with you cherry picked phrases to manipulate and then make that post.

Workdawg, just look at Sundy’s post where he misinterprets one of my quotes and calls another a “funny complain.” No counteranalysis, no defense, no ANYTHING. That brings me to another thing. Take a look through LyLo and just look at the general feel for our posts. I see a scum who has basically detached himself from the game and a town player who’s put a lot of time and words into coherently explaining himself. I’ve suffered through multiple engineering midterms the past few weeks, but I’ll be damned if the town loses on my watch.

With that, I ask you to reread our posts, particularly in LyLo. I will be able to answer any question you may have until the deadline, but ultimately at this point most of the work is on you. I wish you the best of luck.

And with that, goodnight.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Workdawg »

I'm still not convinced. I was honestly hoping Ty would come up with something to change my mind, but that's not the case with his latest post. I don't necessarily agree with Sundy's case against Ty, but the other points that I've raised are the things I'm concerned with. I still feel that Ty's play today has been, not satisfactory I guess. Full of aggression and a lack of significant arguments, IMO.

Case for Sundy

1. His play today
1a. Buddying up to me and tunneling on Ty.
1b. Votes first
2. Vote analysis

Case for Ty

1. Analysis of interactions with Stels
1a. Stels suspicious reads of Ty
1b. The RQS accusation.
2. Analysis of the NK.
3. Ty's actions today.

VOTE: Ty

That's all she wrote.
Ty
Ty
Townie
Ty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Ty »

Well played Sundy.

To the rest of the town, I'm sorry for contributing to our loss. Short of a miracle though Workdawg, I really don't know what you expected me to say to change your mind, which sounded like it had already been made up.

Point 1 is based on the RANDOM questioning stage.
Point 2 was WIFOM.
Point 3 is very subjective, I felt I put a lot more effort into LyLo than a Sundy who seemed very detached from the game.

After Drench has ended the game and I have the time I'll provide more feedback on the game.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Drench »

The Twenty Fourth Vote Count - ArmageddonWorkdawg
Sundy - 1 - Ty
Ty - 2 - Sundy, Workdawg

Not Voting

Ty, Town Vanilla, Lynched Day Four

Workdawg, Town Vanilla, Endgamed

Sundy, Mafia Roleblocker, Survived

The
Mafia
, consisting of
Sundy
and
Stels
, have won Newbie 1052!
join your union
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Stels »

@Drench: That was the 666th post! Congratulations! Enjoyed the game, although...
@Sundy: Good Job man, sorry for leaving you alone :'(
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Workdawg »

Well crap... sorry town.

I agree that Ty was putting more into the end of the game than Sundy was, and he's right that I was all but convinced he was scum up until the end... but I just didn't see Sundy's actions as very scummy.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Sundy »

Oh dear. GG.

That was a tricky LyLo situation, and I felt bad that Workdawg was trapped between two SE players in his first game. Ty did a good job defending himself once he got warmed up, but some of his initial accusations were easy to tear down-- even Workdawg was doing it for me. He was dead-on in describing my scumminess at the end. I'll wait for Stels before posting the QT, but I was complaining there about how dumb I was to roll my eyes at Ty for subconsciously using a sentence that reflected that he was innocent and I was guilty. Need to improve my play in the future-- in the other game where I played scum, the IC was mad at me because I always came up with ridiculously convoluted logic to justify my votes.

Anyway I can't say much now because I have my senior thesis due in like 22 hours(!!), but I saw a bunch of emailed updates to the thread. More thoughts when I'm not typing 80 pages of footnotes.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Gah. Thought we had that after D1 scum lynch....

Props to Sundy for his LyLo play. I think I would've votes Ty too :(
Part of the problem.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Stels »

@theplague42: you got lucky that time! I just didn't have enough time to say anything + laziness got the best of me.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Stels wrote:@theplague42: you got lucky that time! I just didn't have enough time to say anything + laziness got the best of me.
Mmmk :wink:
Part of the problem.
Ty
Ty
Townie
Ty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Ty »

Well here are my endgame analyses on players...

WORKDAWG

Workdawg wrote:Well crap... sorry town.
I agree that Ty was putting more into the end of the game than Sundy was, and he's right that I was all but convinced he was scum up until the end... but I just didn't see Sundy's actions as very scummy.
Sundy and I both knew exactly what you were thinking which was the problem in LyLo. I'm not sure you ever seriously considered lynching Sundy at the end, I feel your "giving me more time to make a case" statement was to really just put your mind at ease about lynching me unless I came up with some outrageous game-changing evidence ("Wait a second, Sundy admitted to being the scum in Post 39!" :P ). I think you can understand why Sundy was talking as little as possible, he didn't want your attention to LyLo to switch to him, he wanted to make sure it was on me the entire time.

As Sundy will agree, I had the stronger arguments in the end, voting patterns and buddying are actually fairly good tells especially in the endgame like that. But no matter how strong my arguments are it doesn't matter if the person making the decision didn't agree, which you didn't. That's why I kept telling you to reread our posts (especially LyLo) with an open mind repeatedly - there was no way I was going to be able to present the kind of evidence you wanted, so I was hoping you would go back and chage your mind after rereading. It was a longshot, but I think the thing you failed to understand was that an argument presented against a newbie mafia (sordros) and an experienced scum (Sundy) were not going to be the same. Whereas newbies have a mile long list of mistakes, experienced players are much more subtle and require a helluva lot more intuition when scumhunting.

Finally, one last major mistake I noticed was your WIFOM logic on the Day Three (before LyLo) Night Kill. I seem to have skipped over that post until now but it's rife with the kind of WIFOM logic Sundy was probably silently cheering about. Contrary to what you thought, Sundy made the correct choice in NK'ing Neuky. The reason was because Neuky was by far the best scumhunting newbie player and did a fairly good job of scumhunting throughout the game (frankly I was surprised you didn't NK him earlier Sundy, but I was impressed with your Det/Doc kills). You, on the other hand, were much easier to manipulate (I felt like you turned into a shell of your former self after D1). Both Neuky and you stated your suspicion of me after sordros' lynch, but I think I would have been able to have a much better chance of convincing Neuky that Stels was scum in the LyLo based on arguments alone (Neuky, thoughts?).

In terms of overall gameplay, I see a lot of potential in you Workdawg. You have the weapons, but to continue the analogy used in the game, you kept firing them at the wrong people which severely hurt the town. Once you set someone in your scope (such as Mute or myself), you just couldn't let go and that is detrimental to the town. I think with more practice you'll get a better sense of what is scummy and what isn't to prevent another LyLo-esque situation. You were put in the position very few want to be put in at the end though, so my hat is off to you for trying your best.

NEUKY

Haha, I really thought you were a great player. You did a good job throughout and as I said before, you were definitely pro-town from day one and I was surprised you weren't NK'ed earlier. Your scumhunting was very good for being new to the site and I found myself agreeing with a lot of what you were saying. In fact, had to prevent myself from agreeing with you so much because I didn't want others to think I was buddying up to you.

STELS

Dang dude, you had a really tough break Day One and I bet we were both surprised you became the lynch nominee like that. I think your analysis of the other players definitely cemented you as a likely scum target though I can't deny I was a little surprised to see you turn up scum like that.

NACHOMAMMA

Looking back I was more rude than I needed to be (sorry!) but I was glad I got you answering questions at least. I still don't understand your strategy of doing nothing until endgame which is what through me off for the longest time. You weren't really around or said enough for me to really comment on you but I really didn't think you were the detective at all.

SUNDY

I'll be honest, the second I saw sordros turn up town I realized I would be fighting an extremely uphill battle against you for the rest of the game. You were indeed suspicious but sordros just threw me for a loop and I took a gamble that contributed to the town's loss. You did a great job of avoiding any suspicion throughout the game (even when we were talking about Neuky needed to be examined more, how ironic). Your endgame play was well done with Workdawg. Your arguments were complete baloney though :P and I think my desire to dismantle each point gave me the more aggressive demeanor which irritated Workdawg. Your night kills were unbelievable, I really would like to know how you were able to find and take out the town power roles like that. Otherwise, well done, sir.

CONCERNED

Not sure if you'll be reading this, but I was super glad you were the one to take over my spot. Our thought patterns mirrored EXACTLY and I was really glad to see you doing what I would have been doing. I hope you don't mind me taking over again at the end though. I wasn't very active but I wanted to be able to participate in the endgame and rely on myself to get a town victory. When I get more active I would like to play in a mafia game with you :D

THEPLAGUE

Wow, it seems like I haven't talked to you in aggeeeesss. You were a pretty obvious town player and I can't say I was surprised to see you NK'ed. You're definitely improving especially from your previous games and I think the key will just be to keep playing games and getting more practice. Good luck!

NABEN

YOU SUCK. Nuff said.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by Workdawg »

Ugh, I dunno. I should have just voted against my gut I guess. I managed to misread pretty much every significant event (every lynch and the scum). I did reread Sundy's ISO and last day before voting, but it still didn't seem to me like he was scum. I have to say, I didn't really agree with Sundy's case at the end. I do think Ty managed to point out it's flaws, but I think it was masked by his aggression/anger at my newbie inability to see it. The main things that stuck in my head weren't even Sundy's points though, and that was enough to convince me.

I feel like the emotion that was coming through in your defense clouded the logic, Ty. It made it look like you getting pissed off (rightfully so, it turns out) and I read that as you just being mad you were about to lose. Of course, that was losing for the wrong reason, in my mind.

I'm sad and upset that I messed it up, sorry town. :(
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by theplague42 »

I think we should play another game sometime with these same people. This was a great game, and I'd love to play with you guys again. I'm thinking next marathon day, as I'm way back in the mini normal queue. Thoughts?
Part of the problem.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”