A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

The Cowardly Knight

Ser Boros has spent the night in a cold sweat fearful he'd be asked to champion the cause of the King. However Benmage had found another it seemed, no one had come to him. He walked down to the courtyard where the accused Setael had been dragged before everyone. A crowd had gathered surrounding her.

She looked confident now. She'd cleaned up well. The woman had a smile on her face. 'Bring your champion Hand' she screamed sneering at him. 'We all know tyou don't have the fucking balls to face me yourself in single combat anyway'. At this the crowd broke out in to laughter.

Benmage walked in then. 'Oh so you found someone' he said laughing, and causing silence to descend upon the crowd. It doesn't matter. 'Ser Thor of Venice is my champion' he announced. The crowd gasped in shock. Ser Thor? He was rumoured to be far to the South, with Doran Martell. Boros looked at the woman and a chill went down his spine. Why wasn't she scared? Thor was the best damn fighter with a warhammer this side of the narrow seas, maybe more. It was said his beard could cause his opponents heart to stop.

'My champion...is Magua' Setael said. A dark skinned warrior with a sword sprang forward.
No
Boros thought. He'd heard that name before, but where? The Battle of Stars Aligned was said to have a Magua, but it couldn't be the same one, could it?

'You savage' Thor said pointing at him. 'Do you know who I am?'

The man Magua looked at him oddly and grunted. 'Some dead man' he said as he spat on the ground.

Thor laughed. 'Come let us begin this farce, I want a whore and wine before the sun sets' he said drawing his warhammer.

Setael and Benmage backed away. It was all up to the champions now. Boros was glad it was not him. This duel would go down in history.

Flavour's just for my own amusement (I amuse myself easily >_>)

THE DUEL BEGINS.

VOTE FOR WHICH PERSON YOU WANT TO WIN THE DUEL. THE ONLY PERSON WHO MAY NOT VOTE IS SETAEL. Get your votes in, in a timely fashion please
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Bump get them votes in.
War has arrived!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Sansa

Sansa watched as the two warriors strode in to the arena. Setael was speaking to Magua while Benmage spoke to his champion Thor.

This is the part where I'd describe what Sansa saw, but fuck her, she's an uninteresting idiot, let's SHOW you what she saw. Yeah, via the help of the Ghost of Eddard Stark. (Note Faraday does not ensure your amusement if you view these images, especially if you're unfamiliar with the books)

Spoiler:

But then
Spoiler:

But luckily!
Spoiler:

FINALLY
Spoiler:

Spoiler: written flavour again
Magua stood over the body of Thor as the crowd roared. Setaael walked out and rose her champions hand. 'Magua is victorious' she bellowed out to the crowd as the hand of the King fled, his confidence gone now as his champion had been defeated. But wait, who was his champion? Sansa saw the mask of THOR fall away, it turned out it hadn't been an actual thunder god at all, just someone playing the part of one (wat).

Thor lay dead on the ground. Beaten by the better man.

Thor was -
Roose Bolton - Lannister Aligned Townie
and was defeated in trial by combat Day 4.

Night 4 begins, please have your actions in within 72 hours. Thank you
War has arrived!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Dany

Dany' thougths strayed to Jorah. Had she been right to exile him? He had loved her, but he had betrayed her, all the while advising her. He had saved her life. Still the man's foolish pride meant she had no other choice.

Ser Barristan strode in, sword at hip. it seemed since he had told her who he was he stood straighter. There was no fear in him anymore. He was a good man Dany knew, an honest man.

He bowed, and straightened. 'My Queen, news comes from across the narrow sea. The Lannister alliance has took a great blow, Margaery Tyrell has been killed in King's Landing. The alliance is shaky, perhaps it will even break apart' he said. 'I thought you would wish to know, I have to see to problems in the city now, but I'll be around later if you wish to talk'

'Thank you Ser Barristan' she said as she sat back down. You may go

*apologies for the shitty flavour, I'm sick :( *

Nexus -
Margaery Tyrell - Lannister Aligned Roleblocker
was killed night 4
Andrius -
Osney Kettleblack - Lannister Aligned Brother
was killed night 4

Day 5 begins. There is no event for today, with 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. You have 2 weeks. Good
luck.
War has arrived!

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

vote Setael
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Nexus was an obvious kill, Andrius was... an interesting one. Why not Benmage first? Maybe paranoia. Either way, I'm pretty sure an explanation on Setael's part is waaaaay in order.

VOTE: Setael
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Magua »

I got a message from the mod saying that popsofctown is mod-confirmed Jaime Lannister. Jus' sayin'.

Also, it is mod confirmed that I am better than Thor:
Eddard Stark wrote:Thor lay dead on the ground. Beaten by the better man.

VOTE: Setael I can't believe I ever agreed to be your champion. Must've been drunk.

Other stuff: With the second kill, I am considering that there is a serial killer (ARE YOU HAPPY, TWILIGHT?) Interested in hearing from the "Zdenek is SK crowd": Do you think Nexus RB'ed someone else, or do you think Zdenek is clear of being the SK now?
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

It could have been a number of things, including saved extra stark kills (poison, assassin, other) maybe. I don't see any benefit of Zdenek killing Andrius, and I believe the Stark kill would have been crazy to have not been Nexus. They needed to start mowing down town power, and probably assumed we'd have to take care of the SK for them.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Magua »

Bunnylover, LynchMePls:
What happens if your target is hit by more than one killer?

@Shadow: I disagree. Confirmed-town-Andrius makes perfect sense as a Stark kill. Nexus only really makes sense as an SK kill -- Stark don't need to care about Nexus as long as he's continually roleblocking Zdenek, and they could easily shoot him in the event Zdenek gets lynched. The only reason I can see for Stark to want to kill Nexus is if there's only two of them left -- Setael + someone else -- and they're scared of the final Stark getting roleblocked after Setael gets lynched.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Magua »

Heavy suspicion that Locke Lamora is the SK.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:47 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Magua wrote:Heavy suspicion that Locke Lamora is the SK.
Oh yeah, why?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Bunnylover »

@Magua: Is their a reason you want to know that?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Magua wrote:
Bunnylover, LynchMePls:
What happens if your target is hit by more than one killer?

@Shadow: I disagree. Confirmed-town-Andrius makes perfect sense as a Stark kill. Nexus only really makes sense as an SK kill -- Stark don't need to care about Nexus as long as he's continually roleblocking Zdenek, and they could easily shoot him in the event Zdenek gets lynched. The only reason I can see for Stark to want to kill Nexus is if there's only two of them left -- Setael + someone else -- and they're scared of the final Stark getting roleblocked after Setael gets lynched.
If that's the case, I think LMP still makes sense as a killing role that isn't vig (IE, stark, SK). Why would LL be SK, why would a lyncher have an SK target?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Magua »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Magua wrote:Heavy suspicion that Locke Lamora is the SK.
Oh yeah, why?
Very little input. His posts about popsofctown read to me like someone annoyed that someone else is being cleared by the town (he does this with Raivann as well). Nexus believes Raivann because of Raivann's name claim. LL responds with "That's stupid, don't do that." Not, "That's stupid, don't do that, Raivann's scum" (LL says he doesn't think Raivann is scum nearby). Just the "That's bad play" and that's it. LL's taken few stances, fencesits a lot. Complains about what's going on but doesn't try to change it (especially his last post).
Bunnylover wrote:@Magua: Is their a reason you want to know that?
Yes. Also, it's "there".
Shadow1psc wrote:If that's the case, I think LMP still makes sense as a killing role that isn't vig (IE, stark, SK). Why would LL be SK, why would a lyncher have an SK target?
I have large doubts that an SK would claim a kill D2 unprovoked. I have further doubts that an SK would expand on their claim D4 in a way that moves to clear someone (Zdenek) under suspicion. Easy enough to have kept his claim as a one-shot vig. Reading LMP, I feel the same motivations with what I wanted to do -- having used his power, he wanted to make himself a target to the mafia and get shot.

As for the lyncher having SK as target -- why not?
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Bunnylover »

lol I fail at grammar sorry.
The person I protect gets only one freebe. Meaning I can only stop one kill per night, so if two people targeted him, he dies.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:27 am

Post by hasdgfas »

vote: setael
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Hey cow, can you do a little dance for us :3
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Magua »

Bunnylover wrote:lol I fail at grammar sorry.
The person I protect gets only one freebe. Meaning I can only stop one kill per night, so if two people targeted him, he dies.
So the SK and mafia could not have both shot Benmage.

hasdgfas, who are your suspects?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Setael »

Magua outed himself as obv scum when he made this post after I stated my reasons for my top 2 scum reads:
Magua wrote:Dana and I. Got it. Pick Thor when you're lynched regardless.

Someone hammer.
He didn't bother to address anything I said about either of them, nor let anyone else weigh in. Instead ordered someone to hammer. After this post, I started thinking about picking Magua instead of Thor. That way if I died, I'd at least take one of the scum team down with me and if I didn't I'd have a chance to make a case on Magua. This way the scum has to get one more mislynch and when I flip town maybe you'll actually look at Magua.

As I stated yesterday, I think an SK killed diddin and Magua is trying to take credit for the kill to get confirmed as a protown vig. There's obviously an SK, so if Magua is telling the truth, what... the SK no killed N1? (I suppose there is a small chance BL or xvart or someone interfered with the SK kill N1, but I think there's a very good chance the SK killed diddin and Magua is lying.)

There's also this:
Magua wrote:Actually, I just remembered that LMP didn't shoot diddin N1.

@LynchMePls: Who'd you shoot?
Magua, if
you
shot diddin, how did you forget that LMP
didn't
shoot diddin?

Then, there's the lie. Magua refused to even acknowledge his lie that I pointed out and instead wanted me hammered before I'd have time to point it out better. Here it is:

First, Magua said this about my slot:
Magua wrote:19)Mikujin Setael: Displays a lot of the same behaviors that Raivann/BunnyLover do, but without the scum also voting him. If not scum (I waver back and forth), at least not a townread.
Then he said this:
Magua wrote:Setael lynch is waaaay more preferable for me than a Raivann lynch.
I responded with:
Setael wrote: I'd love to hear what so fully converted you to my lynch. I find this really suspect since no one has given anything but crap arguments.

Shifting attention to me just seems like a distraction from Raivann. Of those who are listing me as scum with weak/contrived reasons {Raivann, dana, Andrius, zedenek, DGB, magua} at least one is scum (I'm looking at Raivann) and one is probably SK (hi, Zed!).
And then he said this:
Magua wrote: Nothing has "converted" me to your lynch. I have an anti-Stark read on Raivann,
and a nullread on you
. If the choice is between lynching Raivann and you, I will lynch you.
Here is the lie:
Magua wrote:
Setael wrote: *snip* Last thing you said about me is that you had a nullread and were only voting me to avoid voting Raivann, so I find this odd.
No, I did not say that, I said that Raivann said that.
So either he's outright lying (followed by an attempt to get me hammered to sweep it under the rug), or he lost track of what his read on me was supposed to be. Either way, Magua is scum.

Though I'm happy with a Magua lynch, I think the SK should be lynched today. Magua likely has at least one scum buddy still alive so as long as the SK is alive, there will likely be 2 kills every night until we lynch Zdenek.

vote: Zdenek
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Benmage »

Setael there is no way to wiggle out of this. You claimed scum by not picking Thor.

Atleast have some fun in this last day.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There's honor in fighting to the death, Benmage. Players should play to their wincon until they are no longer allowed to post.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Why did scumSetael pick someone who isn't conftown as a champion? You can say "to wriggle out of it later", but in this town's environment it was pretty clear that we would find this unacceptable.
But that WIFOMs back and forth.

I suppose she didn't expect to lose the champion fight either which way, so she picked Magua for the off chance she can wriggle.
"Well, I..."
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by danakillsu »

vote: Setael

We said that a non-Thor pick would guarantee scum. Lets not back out of that. Incidentally, this could have been avoided a looooooooong time ago. But enough of that, lets finish off the scummer.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Yeah Setael, what with the not-picking Thor bizniss?

Your silence on the matter is telling.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Benmage »

No more votes. Do not end the day yet. I have words.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”