PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Fur- Which you posted while I was posting mine.
What point did I make? I think I asked you a question.
Suit yourself.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Furcolow »

It comes up when you post that someone posted. You would have seen it; you should have EBWOP.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by smargaret »

I don't really have anything to say until Feysal comes in and answers my question.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Can we please lynch bvoigt today?
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Furcolow »

smargaret wrote:Feysal - can you elaborate on why the EGL case is suddenly invalid?
I disagree with even having to ask this
It is just his opinion
EGL hammering/actively lurking is scummy
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Stephoscope wrote:Can we please lynch bvoigt today?
Do you have opinions on anyone else?
smargaret wrote:I don't really have anything to say until Feysal comes in and answers my question.
This is a lame excuse not to provide content. No other opinions on others?

Having everyone tunneling on 5 different people is not helpful. We need wagons.

I like my vote where it is. Peregrine reads noob more than anything but the slot has been scummy. Are you an alt or complete newbie? I assume complete newbie wouldn't be allowed but you never know. Not really seeing the Fonz wagon.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

What happened to the feysal wagon?

If people don't come back I'll join the fonz wagon. If it's good enough for BotS, Lowell and LMP...
Don't ask me to provide self meta
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:35 am

Post by LimMePls »

The Fonz wrote:Except that I haven't disregarded everything else. I've made clear my position on Feysal (townish) and EGL (scummy). I'm not going to throw four years of being an ardent Lynch All Liars advocate out the window because some other people have a town read on Furc, but I'm also clearly not using it as an excuse to avoid commenting on other issues. Also, if I'm attacked by something I don't think is fair or reasonable, of course I'm going to point it out.
So on Day four of a large theme game, other than your Furc pushing, you've commented on Feysal and EGL. But you're not hiding behind Furc. Yeah, ok... :roll:
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:19 am

Post by smargaret »

No, furc, we need to hear the answer to that. It's more than just his opinion.

Scott, trust me on this until feysal comes back?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

No access until saturday.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mod:
I will be V/LA rest of this week into Monday. I will check in as much as possible, but most of my available mafia time will probably be spent on my moderating duties.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

I've been really sick. Sorry for absence. I'll be caught up tomorrow.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Ok, first total re-read completed.
Current suspicions on EGL mostly, but still some on Fonz. I'll go look those over separately.

@Scott- I've played elsewhere, new to this site.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@Mod
Can we get prods on EGL and Feysal?
I normally wouldn't ask after 5 days, but they are both needed for questioning. Thanks.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

What he said ^^
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Furcolow wrote:
@Mod
Can we get prods on EGL and Feysal?
I normally wouldn't ask after 5 days, but they are both needed for questioning. Thanks.
EGL was prodded on Tuesday but hasn't responded, I am now replacing him.

Feysal decalred V/LA until today. I will prod him at the end of the day if he hasn't posted.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Scott Brosius wrote: Do you have opinions on anyone else?
Like you, I'm not sure I understand the Fonz wagon. I remember losing to him once when he was scum, though, so I'm going to go back and see if anything seems to match. Stay tuned.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

ThAdmiral wrote:Things to note after the flip:

Artem (i.e. vp baltar) and gonnano were both on mothrax/jmj (i.e. fonz) day 1. It is therefore unlikely fonz was on the same team as them.

The last two votes on the bunnylover lynch were gonnano and then egl. It is therefore unlikely EGL was on the same team as gonnano.
I can see the logic behind the first two statements since jmj/mothrax was getting to the threshold of being a viable counter wagon; but the second comment I don't think is sound because it falls into the WIFOM category. I haven't really seen actual suspicion cast in other games based (especially D1) for end of the wagon relationships.
The Fonz wrote:Yeah, this is a great point, apart from it being utterly untrue. I made my vote for Furc when there was only one vote on Gonnano, and six on smargaret. The idea that I pushed Furcolow 'to save Gonnano' does not jibe with even a cursory reading of the game.
You are over simplifying the situation by only looking at the snapshot of when you first voted Furcolow. Even when gonnano's wagon was building you did not comment on it other than saying you didn't think gonnano was scum. Then you kept pushing at Furcolow for other game related reasons as to build more of a case even though his previous play has nothing to do with the reasons you were currently voting Fucolow (he lied repeatedly). What was the point of bringing up hammer claimed cops and talking about ongoing games other than to smear him? And the point about others meta defending him is disingenuous as well because I read the "meta defending" as not look at these specific behaviors in comparison with other games but rather the overall playstyle, erratic behavior, and unpredictability and not the emulation of the same things from previous games.
The Fonz wrote:Finally, note that Gon flipped goon, not scum watcher, so a buddy would have known he didn't have real results to save him. Do you really think a buddy of Gonnano's there wouldn't have realized that he was going down, hard?
You make an interesting point about gonnano not flipping his claimed role. Do you think one of his partners is a watcher and he claimed those results or was he going for complete BS in hopes he was correct in nobody visiting the people he claimed? To answer your question what would the scum buddy do at the point, knowing he was claiming something false? The partner could:
  • Call him a liar and say he's lying about his role;
  • Hammer him without the claimed results, knowing whatever results he made were either totally fake or actual results from another team member;
  • Avoid the thread and see what happens; or,
  • Stall a little bit, be wishy washy on whether or not his real or not and hope that people wouldn't want to hammer a claimed watcher.
What does the fake claim of gonnano's have to do with gonnano's partner(s) knowing he is going down hard? Gonnano was going down hard regardless of his claim being real or not, which is obvious by the fact that his claim did relatively nothing to deter his wagon.
The Fonz wrote:Or, you know, blatantly obviously genuine scumhunting. When lots of people say 'Bvoight today, Gonnano tomorrow' there can be several things behind it. They can genuinely think they're scum and connected to each other. They can think they are both scum, but completely unconnected. And, in particular,
they can be Gonnano buddies who are claiming to think Gonnano is scum with links to Bvoight, but looking to use a Bvoight town flip as an excuse to stop bussing their buddy
. I was suspicious of people making these kind of statements because I had a town read on bvoight, therefore either the latter scenario or lining up lynches were both possible motivations for those making those kind of comments. I wanted to pin these players down.
You actually had a town read on both, so in that context where and how were you scumhunting with that line of questioning? The bolded is exactly what I believe you to have been doing. You were determining the public opinion of those two to figure out the best way to push it through. Maybe I have it backwards and you and bvoit are partners, but asking for the suspicion level of the pair when both of them are town (in your opinion) is scummy because you should have been advocating for them being town instead.
LynchMePls wrote:^^How do you know the size of the scum team? In other words:
Furcolow wrote:If we can't decide, we could always just lynch PeregrineV and bring that scumteam to 1 person
How do you know this is true?
Why are you just now bringing this up? The discussion and assumption that the scum teams have four people has been going on since at least yesterday.
Furcolow wrote:I actually just found a flaw in my own reasoning about Feysal. If you're interested, ask me about it.
I'm interested. Please explain.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Stephoscope wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote: Do you have opinions on anyone else?
Like you, I'm not sure I understand the Fonz wagon. I remember losing to him once when he was scum, though, so I'm going to go back and see if anything seems to match. Stay tuned.
I have done this. I'm not seeing a lot in common. Fonz is obviously a very capable player in any game, but in the game where he was scum he stressed defensiveness-isn't-a-scumtell and pairs analysis, whereas in this one he's advocated Lynch All Liars.

I am not saying this comparison clears him by any means...more saying that I went looking for evidence, and didn't find much.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Lowell »

RL crisis too sad to write here. Hopefully will be back in two days.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Lowell wrote:RL crisis too sad to write here. Hopefully will be back in two days.
Wish you well.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Feysal »

Back from Rome, back from V/LA. As it turned out, even sporadic access was wishful thinking, I haven't read anything posted since last Saturday. I'll be reading and responding after I've slept some.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by smargaret »

No, Feysal, you need to talk about EGL and why you all of a sudden don't think he's a valid lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”