Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Javert »

Busy, anti-prod post.

Unvote: ender241
. I will think about the claim.
"I was born with scum like you."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Going thru some research and iso's at this time. I need to get ready to leave so I'm putting my thoughts at where I am right now.

Klaz: I looked into a few of your games. I would like you to explain why you believe you have shitty day 1? The rest of Klaz is nothing to go on as it's V/LA and will post later.

ender: rereading ender in iso there isn't much to go off of. His vote on Prosaurus is meh. The situation with Javert is more interesting.
Unless ender/Javert are scum together I don't see scum saying this:
ender241 wrote:UNVOTE: VOTE: Javert Start answering questions, i doubt your a DayVig.
My problem is this:
Just vote him already godamnit! He's trying it on, it's like saying "I'm the bomb, the last person to vote me so i am lynched will die." Which is basically warning us off voting for him so he gets away with doing what he wants and noone can stop him, he can't kill all of us.
Why say he can't kill all of us if you don't believe he is a vig? That contradicts the previous statement.

ender claims one-shot cop. I've been in enough games that I rarely see a game without a cop and no counter claim, unless scum have a cop role which is more rare and usually in non normal games.

He also keeps egging Javert, which shows over and over he doubts the claim.
I'm not going to WIFOM the set up and base this on what is normal or I will starting feeling paranoid.

In short the claim trumps all else.

EA: Did you ever see an answer to this?
What do you mean by "Mostly a random vote, if you know what I mean"? That's a weird qualifier. Why'd you tack it on to your vote?

UNVOTE: Ender
VOTE: Klazam
I didn't see anything from Klaz. What is your view on Klaz?

ummmm I don't get how an RVS vote from ender got that response from you. Have you ever seen town let their guard down when someone says something like ender did?
Playing the newb card to defend not scumhunting is the scummiest thing I've seen this whole game.

UNVOTE: Klazam
VOTE: Prosaurus
Honestly I don't see anyone doing any strong reads at this point, but this switch from Klaz to a newb looks like a let me switch for weak reason vote, then finding scum.
Then after questioning Pro
Similarly, I don't think Prosaurus's claim to not mind being dayvigged is likely a gambit, so I'm leaning town on him too. Not as sure as I am with Ender, but I definitely want to move my vote now.
Really?! I mean why do you think someone who is newb would do a gambit like that in the first place? Why does it take a few questions to determine this?
I feel like EA gives in to things without delving further into his suspicion. He makes one argument, someone counters he goes to the next person. Maybe it's because if something or someone gives me scum vibes or find their actions to be scummy I will fight harder.
But his vote from Klaz to Pro to NE gives me pause. Klaz never answered, many people seem to find difficultly in this game and the how newbie card comment from EA looks forced.
Leaning scum

Maxous: This is a hard one. I had a gut moment of town early on. He's not posting enough to really get a good read on him. Maxous: Can you do a break down on your views of the players in the game?
His post in regards to EA/Ender was something said by many (I don't think EA as much as ender).
I have another issue, but I want Maxous to give me his views before I go further. I hate to have a gut check turn into questionable but that is where I'm at right now.

My vote on ender is pointless.

unvote:
vote: EA
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Oso »

Checking in to let you folks know I am still here and haven't flaked. I do plan on posting tonight but it may be after everone has called it night (depending on your timezone I guess)
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

Maxous wrote:@:Rhinox: Why is Ender an "easy target"?
And who are the scum that are speculating on his role?(in your opinion)
He just reads as that typical scummy looking townie in every game that is easy to attack and doesn't defend himself well. Easy for scum to go after. Low hanging fruit. My vote should tell you who I suspect for speculating.

In general, those were a couple weak questions IMO. Why did you ask them?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Maxous »

@Rhinox: Because you called Ender an 'easy target' for scum to go after, but you never said who the scum are. Who is the opportunistic mafia?
TS was'nt voting for him(I think?)

farside22 wrote: Maxous: Can you do a break down on your views of the players in the game?
...I'll get started it then >_>
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Necessary Evil
Necessary Evil
Goon
Necessary Evil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Necessary Evil »

Missed these from last time:
Maxous wrote:
Necessary Evil wrote: Why would ender make an excuse for Javert?
Sorry, I was referring to EA making an excuse for Ender
Okay, same question. Why would EA make excuses for ender?
Maxous wrote:
Necessary Evil wrote:For the record, I think Javert should shoot whoever he wants. I don't think shooting whoever gets the most votes is the correct way to play a vig.
Why is that not the correct way to do it?
Let's just say that I don't have much faith in the democratic process. A vig can kill whomever they think is scum without having to convince a majority of players. Really the best way to play a vig is to kill problem players like VIs, lurkers, etc. It sounds like that's what Javert is planning on doing anyway.

I don't really have anything to say about the new content. What happened to all that activity we've been getting?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Maxous »

Necessary Evil wrote:Missed these from last time:
Maxous wrote:
Necessary Evil wrote: Why would ender make an excuse for Javert?
Sorry, I was referring to EA making an excuse for Ender
Okay, same question. Why would EA make excuses for ender?
Because they're mafia partners.
I tried to make that thought clear earlier: Defending each-other. Teaming up on Prosaurus etc.

Still working on this summary ^_^
=(
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Juls »

On some medication that has made me very tired and haven't been up to reading. The good news is, I only have 2 more days on it. I will try to catch up tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Headed to bed.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Maxous »

Okay I decided to do a brief low-down on players.

Oso - Seems the most town, was'nt afraid to make early speculative accusations, is being quite helpful and balanced..yeah

Farside - Seems genuine in her attempts to scumhunt. Seen nothing suspicious off her really..I would think town.

Klazam - :/

Juls - Can't really figure her out yet.

Prosaurus - Has'nt said much in terms of content, but I think he's fine. He seems to be trying to help and does'nt seem to be lying in his posts. (Plus there is my distrust of the people who suspected him)

TwistedSpoon - Again not a great amount in terms of content. I thought he was trying too hard to look pro-town, with the X is bad for the town, Y is good for the town, stick to the guidelines etc. I'm beginning to think that is just the way he is though. I would say he also looks fine.
(Although I want to know why he voted NE)

Neccesary Evil - Seems to be making a genuine effort to question and find mafia, I don't agree with the case on him. Lean town at the moment I guess..

Me=Weird - Pretty much the same as above as Neccesary Evil.

Rhinox - I get a bad vibe from his posts in general. I find it ironic that he calls Ender the 'easy target' when his fos' have included Twistedspoon and Prosaurus. Gun to head, he would be my pick for No.3

I have (hopefully) explained my position on EA and Ender

Incidentally I found this during the re-read
Rhinox wrote:. So at best its null for now, but I'll be watching to see how they continue to interact with each other.
This was in reference to EA and Ender.

@Rhinox: So, what do you think of thier interactions with each-other so far in this game?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Maxous »

Oh I forgot Javert...I think he is town, I see no reason not to beleive his claim and his initial suspicion on Ender was reasonable.
He was suspected because he did'nt answer what he saw as pointless questions.(which fitted in with his 'blood from a turnip' comment previously)
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Maxous wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote: As for scum being more worried about a dayvig claim, that's exactly my point! Why would scum see a player claim dayvig, and decide that it would be a fantastic idea to get into a gigantic fight with that player? Ender is clearly not worried about that! Hence, towntell.
He looked like he panicked to me, calling for everyone to just vote him already
Pffft. Ender wasn't panicked, he was frustrated. I guarantee it.
Maxous wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote: Look at 138: "Start answering questions, i doubt your a DayVig." Ender used the D word. No not dayvig, the other one. Doubt. He
doubts
Javert is a dayvig. Not he's completely certain Javert isn't one. There's really no inconsistency here.
Twice, Ender said that he was certain that Javert was bluffing.
Yeah, he thought Javert was bluffing, AFTER HE TOLD JAVERT TO VIG HIM AND JAVERT REFUSED. That is a completely different circumstance that happened well after the point I'm talking about here.
Maxous wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote: I considered voting Klazam too, but there's a better way of dealing with him: Hey Javert, you said you'd vig someone for 4 days without content?
Well Klazam has gone the entire game without content
, so you know what to do.
Calling for Klazam to be day-vigged because he is busy? Not because Klazam is scummy?
Now I'm more confident about my read on EA.
Really comes across as a mafia comment.
No, Klazam is scummy. Guess what alignment stands to gain from not posting any content ever? Hint: it's not town!
Juls wrote:No. I would agree if he were active lurking but he is not existing at all. There is no reason to vig him unless he has a replacement that gives us a reason to think he is scummy.
No, he is existing. He pops up every two days or so to remind us all he still exists. While posting no content. That is an excellent reason to vig him.
Me=Weird wrote:Actually, he said anyone who didn't post content for 4 days is
in the running.
Fair enough. Klazam being in the running for vigbullets is great.
Me=Weird wrote:Didn't I mention earlier that going after lurkers is a good way to look useful without doing anything?
Yeah, you did mention that, and then I ignored it because it was fucking stupid.
farside22 wrote:EA: Did you ever see an answer to this?
What do you mean by "Mostly a random vote, if you know what I mean"? That's a weird qualifier. Why'd you tack it on to your vote?

I didn't see anything from Klaz. What is your view on Klaz?
No, I did not see an answer to that. Like I've been saying, Klazam is a scummy lurker and the fact that he has yet to answer even questions from just out of the RVS makes this fact amazingly evident.
farside22 wrote:ummmm I don't get how an RVS vote from ender got that response from you. Have you ever seen town let their guard down when someone says something like ender did?
No, I haven't. It was never more than a theory.
farside22 wrote:Honestly I don't see anyone doing any strong reads at this point, but this switch from Klaz to a newb looks like a let me switch for weak reason vote, then finding scum.
Okay, so where should I have been searching for scum, if not Prosaurus? I sure as hell didn't see anywhere better!
farside22 wrote:Really?! I mean why do you think someone who is newb would do a gambit like that in the first place? Why does it take a few questions to determine this?
Because Prosaurus had only made one lousy contextless "I don't mind being vigged" post at the time. That's really unconvincing, and I can prove it:

Hey Javert, vig me.

Am I confirmed town now that I've said that? Like hell I am! And yet that's
exactly
what you're suggesting I should have done with regard to Prosaurus: saw one post suggesting Javert vig him with no context and assumed that the only possible motive is that he is town. Is it really that hard to believe that I didn't jump to that conclusion?

As for why I eventually decided he wasn't gambiting, that was due to 152:
Prosaurus wrote:And is there a reason why I should care about being Day Killed? I don't see one.
The attitude he showed in this post is what convinced me he was for-realsies.
farside22 wrote:I feel like EA gives in to things without delving further into his suspicion. He makes one argument, someone counters he goes to the next person. Maybe it's because if something or someone gives me scum vibes or find their actions to be scummy I will fight harder.
Yes, I do move on when someone proves me wrong,
and I'm proud of it
! Continuing to fight for a case that's been proven wrong is stupid, and I honestly have no idea why so many players love tunneling so damn much, but I refuse to be one of those players. If you want to call that vote hopping, then I'm the goddamn Easter bunny.
Twistedspoon wrote:indeed, NE has gone under the radar for too long

I'm fine with this wagon. My vote on Javert is utterly redundant anyways now that his wagon is gone and he's claimed :/

VOTE: NE
Oh yeah, Twistedspoon is totally scum. Look at his posts between his Javert vote and his unvote. He doesn't attack Javert, he doesn't question Javert, he doesn't push the Javert wagon, he's doesn't do a single damn thing to Javert. He accomplished three things with his Javert vote, and those things were VOTE PARK, VOTE PARK, AND VOTE PARK. He was vote parking on Maxous earlier too, and he's already looking like he's vote parking on NE. I suggest we park a noose around Twistedscum's neck.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Klazam »

I'm here.

/end procrasination

I promise that i'm reading the game now, and will post ASAP
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I suggest we park a noose around Twistedscum's neck.
Agreed.

@Maxous: PATIENCE! lets take care of obv scum twistedspoon first, then we can work out which one of {
Javert
, Oso, farside22, Me=Weird, Necessary Evil} were scum on the easy to wagon ender. EA and ender are both town btw.

Question for you - why do the actions you are accusing EA and ender of make them scummy? In my experience, those things are not really things I see scum partners do, like, ever.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Klazam wrote:I'm here.

/end procrasination

I promise that i'm reading the game now, and will post ASAP
Heh. You come back right when we're thinking of day vigging you. Perfect timing?

@EA You seem to be defending Ender alot. Mind to post your main reasons you think he's town?
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Rhinox wrote:
I suggest we park a noose around Twistedscum's neck.
Agreed.

---
@Maxous: PATIENCE! lets take care of obv scum twistedspoon first, then we can work out which one of {
Javert
, Oso, farside22, Me=Weird, Necessary Evil} were scum on the easy to wagon ender. EA and ender are both town btw.
---
Question for you - why do the actions you are accusing EA and ender of make them scummy? In my experience, those things are not really things I see scum partners do, like, ever.
1) Why? He's doing about as much as I am.
2) EA+Ender+Rhinox seem to be banding together. 3 people. Hmmmmm...
3) If they are both scum, maybe they'd do that because they know it's uncommon and won't be suspected.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by ender241 »

I don't know why, but i have a good feeling Prosaurus is scum. I have no reason for this so i will not vote him though but i am noting that because if i get one of those in another game then i can detect scum.
@Prosaurus - I find it interesting that earlier you said you were a newbie, your playing alot better than a newbie you know?
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Prosaurus wrote:@EA You seem to be defending Ender alot. Mind to post your main reasons you think he's town?
Cause his angry reaction to Javert's claim is totally legitimate, and it's not how scum would react to that claim.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Erratus Apathos wrote: Oh yeah, Twistedspoon is totally scum. Look at his posts between his Javert vote and his unvote. He doesn't attack Javert, he doesn't question Javert, he doesn't push the Javert wagon, he's doesn't do a single damn thing to Javert.
now that's just false
Twistedspoon wrote:@Jav: so why did you claim if you are a day-vig? why not keep it a secret so you could use it a later day when you have more information to make more accurate reads from?
anyways, big post tonight (hopefully)
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Twistedscum wrote:@Jav: so why did you claim if you are a day-vig? why not keep it a secret so you could use it a later day when you have more information to make more accurate reads from?
Okay, you commented on Javert ONCE the entire time you had your vote on him. Whoop dee freakin doo. That still doesn't change the fact that you vote parked like a vote parker on vote parking day.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by Klazam »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
Klazam wrote:
Vote Twisted

Mostly a random vote, if you know what I mean. ;D

Hey all, how much experience do you have? I’m really shitty on D1, because I haven’t figured out how to play well on D1. I’m hoping that on this game, I’ll do much better.

We can all hope, now, can’t we?

It wasnt truly a random vote. I chose Twisted because we played before. Hence, mostly random.
----
EA's switch of vote away from me, i find odd. what happened between that vote and the post where you switched to PS?
------
I dont like how Javert refused to explain his vote on page 4.
------
HMM. I see. Dayvig... And he answered questions, then.
------
I like Oso's post (124), at bottom of page 5
----
M=W is rolefishing when he tries to find out if Javert is a one shot vig.
----
ooh, Another fisherman (PS). two scum so far here.
-----
Ugh. Another D1 claim.
-----
I'm bad at D1, because i find it really hard to get started in games, dunno why.
------
Yeah, good timing. Actually, If i dont post, IT would be still bad. I really want to get into this game, so here i am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my readthru, I believe that Me=Weird and Prosaurus is scum. There seem to be some pressure on Twistedspoon, so i'll iso him now, and see what my view on him is.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Post by Klazam »

I'm ambivalent on TS. Null for now.

vote Me=Weird
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:49 am

Post by Maxous »

Erratus Apathos wrote: No, Klazam is scummy. Guess what alignment stands to gain from not posting any content ever? Hint: it's not town!
So Klazam was not posting as a deliberate mafia ploy?
Despite lurking like that being something which brings a lot of negative attention onto a player.
Rhinox wrote: Question for you - why do the actions you are accusing EA and ender of make them scummy? In my experience, those things are not really things I see scum partners do, like, ever.
I think thier are scummy because I think they are mafia actions, no other reason.
ender241 wrote:I don't know why, but i have a good feeling Prosaurus is scum. I have no reason for this so i will not vote him though but i am noting that because if i get one of those in another game then i can detect scum.
@Prosaurus - I find it interesting that earlier you said you were a newbie, your playing alot better than a newbie you know?
You had a reason and voted here. Why is it different now?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:59 am

Post by Maxous »

@TS: Again..why did you vote Neccessary Evil? Why is he mafia?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Sorry it's been a busy couple of days. Would somebody mind summing up the case on TS?
NE wrote:Thank you for proving my point for me. ender didn't think Javert was town when he voted for him (clearly) and made up the two town possibilities to cover his ass.
No no no. What I'm saying is that there is nothing to suggest that he made that up. The possibilities existed then, and he was probably aware of them, he just didn't think them likely. I don't see what makes you think he made them up.
NE wrote:For the first point, my point was that Oso's case on ender was too thin and too dependant on EA being scum when the EA case was bad. That's a far cry from "he says he thinks the votes on ender are 'ridiculous'". The second point indicates that you're not understanding my case.
Really? I thought you used that word. Still, you were pretty critical of it all. Since I'm not understanding it, maybe you should clarify it for me?
Klazam wrote:M=W is rolefishing when he tries to find out if Javert is a one shot vig.
Out of all the things in this game, you think what you perceive to be role-fishing to be the scummiest stuff in the game? Look, I can think of at least one reason for asking that off the top of my head. A doctor trying to figure out whether to protect a vig, which if not 1-shot, would be the best thing to do, or a 1-shot cop, when a 1-shot vig has already used his bullet.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Rhinox »

maxous wrote:I think thier are scummy because I think they are mafia actions, no other reason.
*sigh* I was asking you WHY you think they are mafia actions... :roll:
Klazam wrote:I'm ambivalent on TS. Null for now.

vote Me=Weird
You singled out M=W and PS for rolefishing. You iso'd TS, what do you think about TS's iso basically #11 through #17?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”