Newbie 1070 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Final Vote Count

T-Bone (4) - Ellyssa, splitfarvle, Stels, Nachomamma8
Stels (3) - Rain, Quaroath, T-Bone

Not Voting (0)

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

T-Bone,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 2. Any night actions should be sent to me by the end of April 5th, PST.

Mafia may resume privately talking.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Quaroath,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 2. Mafia should cease privately talking.

Day 3 dawns with 5 alive. It is 3 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of April 26th, PST.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

V/LA until Saturday.

And while I'm gone, I'm proposing a massclaim. It's LyLo, there's no reason not to do it, and we might be able to catch a scum or two off-guard.
I'm a VT, I want Rain to go next.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:11 am

Post by splitfarvle »

I have a proposal as well, that we lynch Ellyssa and Nacho.

I'm the cop, Rain and Stels are town.
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Rain »

I'm VT, I want to hear from Stels.

Splitfarvle, is that the order in which you investigated? Me N1, Stels N2? Why?
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Ellyssa »

Wow.

@split
While awaiting claim order, I know I'm town (while awaiting claim order) and you're scum (or VI, but that's unlikely). Which is weird and very personally disappointing as you were my top town read. Is that why you've kept me around so long, so you had an excuse to not get NKed yourself? I have been wondering why I wasn't dead yet too.

Question for you, if you are so sure we are scum (by process of elimination according to your post, we
have
to be), where is your vote? Hesitating and waiting to see if town believes your claim? Or too worried about the 50-50 chance or whatever of being counterclaimed by a real cop and thus wanting to break claim order to get yours out there first to look more credible?

I don't know who your partner is yet (Nacho maybe? Hoping to bus one guilty to get cred? Or one of the other you proclaim innocent? Seems equally likely.) but we can at least get one scum down and get into tomorrow and figure the other out. Lylo or no lylo, it's a safe vote from my point of view: VOTE: splitfarvle
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Ellyssa »

EBWOP: Woops, rearranged the brackets to move it to the front for grammar's sake, but forgot to actually remove the bracketed text.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 am

Post by splitfarvle »

First post from my phone, if it messes up I won't be able to post again until I get home this evening.

My strategy was to investigate those I didn't think would get NKed, Stels on N1 and Rain on N2. I was trying to walk a fine line between saving Stels on D2 and revealing what I knew.

As to my vote, I'm waiting for Rain and Stels to come to a consensus and then I'll drop the hammer myself.
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Ellyssa »

splitfarvle wrote: My strategy was to investigate those I didn't think would get NKed, Stels on N1 and Rain on N2. I was trying to walk a

fine line between saving Stels on D2 and revealing what I knew.

As to my vote, I'm waiting for Rain and Stels to come to a consensus and then I'll drop the hammer myself.
Or that you knew that wouldn't get NKed, anyway. How did you think they wouldn't get NKed, if you weren't involved in discussing who to kill or not kill, when you said the exact opposite near the start of Day 2 in #256, that,
splitfarvle in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2885392#p2885392]#256[/url] wrote:I was surprised that Jack got the nightkill, as I was mostly neutral towards him and I expected someone like Ellyssa, for her imo town playing, or Rain or Stels, for their relative experience, to get killed instead. Hell, I even expected myself to get nightkilled before Jack since I turn up as town in a few player's analyses.
Outside of hinting I wouldn't be killed again.. if you were a cop, you DID expect that one of them may have been killed due to experience, so using your logic of investigating someone you didn't think was going to be NKed, T-Bone or Quaroath or barefoot/Nacho should have been your D1 investigation, not Stels. Especially since you had lingering doubts of T-Bone from D1, according to your ISO.

Furthermore, if you were cop, why would you bother waiting for them to come to a consensus? What consensus exactly? Which one is a "safer" mislynch (note, I don't know Nacho's alignment, not saying he's town) and thus which one is better to hop on, whether they believe the more pro-town or the scummier target you've picked? You have your two scum, the game is won, and voting one or the other wouldn't hurt.
That
shows you aren't certain of your information, which you would be if you were a cop.

Rereading some of your posts in a scummy light, they seem to show you building a very carefully neutral stance, mostly agreeing with others opinions (and occasionally adding or rephrasing an argument on them) but generally only when others have already started attacking them.
splitfarvle in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2931099#p2931099]#359[/url] wrote:Do we have a backup plan in case Nacho either isn't willing or able to drop the hammer before the deadline? Is anyone willing to switch their vote to avoid a No Lynch? I'd like to see Rain lynched before Stels, anyone agree?
That struck me as weird at the time as well, though I didn't quite grasp why then. It's obvious now though, while you can explain it as trying to avoid a lynch on Stels, wouldn't a cop try to convince one of those voting for him to vote for T-Bone and ending the day instead? Since you thought he was scum? Instead with under 48 hours to go to the deadline, you ponder the possibility of starting a new bandwagon on a scummy-looking Rain (Whom you now declare town because either he's scum and your buddy, or that he's town so that he feels vindicated and thus more inclined to vote with you), perhaps hoping due to inactivity that another partial bandwagon starts and the day ends in a no-lynch instead. It smells of playing for a draw, since it would make no functional difference to the outcome if Nacho hadn't posted, whether I was the one to swap and hammer Stels, as I said I would just after, or if you did.

I don't know that you'd be able to build a case as me and bf/Nacho as scum partners due to interactions, and I'm not going to try either as I know that's not true. Feel free to. I will point out though that according to your theory, if I and Nacho were scum, T-Bone-townie seemed the scummier one by the middle of D2, and he would have been a much easier mislynch come D3 and I had several days to swap my vote to Stels-townie to lynch him right away when he was at L-1, especially when I called out what I saw as a contradiction from him in my #353 and could have used that as a late-day excuse to lynch him right away. Since essentially no one else agreed with T-Bone on any of his arguments by the end, it doesn't make sense that I didn't. Point being I think my play has been clearly with the town's best interests at heart and speaks for itself otherwise. Even though I was ultimately on both mislynchwagons - so were you, split.

Nothing jumps out at me from analyzing Quaroath's NK because he declared both of us to be town. Perhaps that's indicative of who your partner may be, or perhaps it's WIFOM, but we can figure that out some other time.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:37 am

Post by splitfarvle »

I'll have to wait until later for indepth responses since I can't quote and it's difficult to write long posts while I'm at work.

I did think Rain would be a target because he's the IC, but I only threw Stels in there because I wanted to avoid anyone bringing up that he's experienced as well and challenge me. I was trying some misdirection so that I wouldn't have to discuss Stels much and potentially let something slip about being the cop. Out of everyone I didn't think would get the N1 kill, I picked Stels because he couldn't be challenged for having a vote on muh, or challenged much at all for his D1 playing on D2.

I am sure about my information, but neither Rain or Stels are so all that can be done is to wait until they decide who to lynch and go along with them. I won't lynch either of them or myself. If they want me to build cases in light of the information I've gotten I will, but probably not until tomorrow evening at the absolute earliest.
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Rain »

@Ellyssa,Nacho
If Splitfarvle is scum, who do you think is the likeliest scum partner?
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Ellyssa »

My first initial impression is "I don't know", because I was musing the likelyhood of a Nacho-Stels scumteam buddying each other based on their interaction right at the very end of D2, but that doesn't work anymore because that hinged on both of them being Mafia together, not one or the other.

That being said I'm working on a comparison of you three in this light, and will hopefully be done by tomorrow if not Friday.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

Ellyssa wrote:
splitfarvle wrote: My strategy was to investigate those I didn't think would get NKed, Stels on N1 and Rain on N2. I was trying to walk a

fine line between saving Stels on D2 and revealing what I knew.

Or that you knew that wouldn't get NKed, anyway. How did you think they wouldn't get NKed, if you weren't involved in discussing who to kill or not kill, when you said the exact opposite near the start of Day 2 in #256, that,
splitfarvle in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2885392#p2885392]#256[/url] wrote:I was surprised that Jack got the nightkill, as I was mostly neutral towards him and I expected someone like Ellyssa, for her imo town playing, or Rain or Stels, for their relative experience, to get killed instead. Hell, I even expected myself to get nightkilled before Jack since I turn up as town in a few player's analyses.
Outside of hinting I wouldn't be killed again.. if you were a cop, you DID expect that one of them may have been killed due to experience, so using your logic of investigating someone you didn't think was going to be NKed, T-Bone or Quaroath or barefoot/Nacho should have been your D1 investigation, not Stels. Especially since you had lingering doubts of T-Bone from D1, according to your ISO.
To further expand on my N1 investigation, the wiki suggested I consider the future of the town instead of just who I thought was scummy. I decided that the mafia would kill players that probably wouldn't get lynched or that were an immediate threat to them. I also considered who might not be drawn out to post more through pressure (because of votes or D1 play) on D2 and thus slip through the cracks. Stels fit the criteria I set for myself.
Ellyssa wrote:Furthermore, if you were cop, why would you bother waiting for them to come to a consensus? What consensus exactly? Which one is a "safer" mislynch (note, I don't know Nacho's alignment, not saying he's town) and thus which one is better to hop on, whether they believe the more pro-town or the scummier target you've picked? You have your two scum, the game is won, and voting one or the other wouldn't hurt.
That
shows you aren't certain of your information, which you would be if you were a cop.
Stels and Rain are sure of their own alignment, but not of each other's or mine. All I can do is convince them I'm telling the truth and vote along with them. Unless, of course, you're willing to vote for yourself or your scumbuddy Nacho. How about it?
Ellyssa wrote:Rereading some of your posts in a scummy light, they seem to show you building a very carefully neutral stance, mostly agreeing with others opinions (and occasionally adding or rephrasing an argument on them) but generally only when others have already started attacking them.
I would think that rereading anybody's posts in a scummy light would make them look scummy. And I really don't see how this opinion jives with my D1 playing, remember muh? Or me building a case on Rain on D2?
Ellyssa wrote:
splitfarvle in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2931099#p2931099]#359[/url] wrote:Do we have a backup plan in case Nacho either isn't willing or able to drop the hammer before the deadline? Is anyone willing to switch their vote to avoid a No Lynch? I'd like to see Rain lynched before Stels, anyone agree?
That struck me as weird at the time as well, though I didn't quite grasp why then. It's obvious now though, while you can explain it as trying to avoid a lynch on Stels, wouldn't a cop try to convince one of those voting for him to vote for T-Bone and ending the day instead? Since you thought he was scum? Instead with under 48 hours to go to the deadline, you ponder the possibility of starting a new bandwagon on a scummy-looking Rain (Whom you now declare town because either he's scum and your buddy, or that he's town so that he feels vindicated and thus more inclined to vote with you), perhaps hoping due to inactivity that another partial bandwagon starts and the day ends in a no-lynch instead. It smells of playing for a draw, since it would make no functional difference to the outcome if Nacho hadn't posted, whether I was the one to swap and hammer Stels, as I said I would just after, or if you did.
This seems like a convoluted point you're trying to make. How exactly would I keep Stels from being lynched without claiming? The only way I could see was to provide an alternative that I thought was scummy and see if we could avoid either a No Lynch or lynching Stels. If I go to bat really hard for a townie on D2 without knowing there's a doc, all we get is one confirmed town on D3.
Ellyssa wrote:I don't know that you'd be able to build a case as me and bf/Nacho as scum partners due to interactions, and I'm not going to try either as I know that's not true. Feel free to. I will point out though that according to your theory, if I and Nacho were scum, T-Bone-townie seemed the scummier one by the middle of D2, and he would have been a much easier mislynch come D3 and I had several days to swap my vote to Stels-townie to lynch him right away when he was at L-1, especially when I called out what I saw as a contradiction from him in my #353 and could have used that as a late-day excuse to lynch him right away. Since essentially no one else agreed with T-Bone on any of his arguments by the end, it doesn't make sense that I didn't. Point being I think my play has been clearly with the town's best interests at heart and speaks for itself otherwise. Even though I was ultimately on both mislynchwagons - so were you, split.
It isn't a theory, it is fact that Rain, Stels, and I are town. You seem incredibly defensive now without me having tried to build a case at all. Why are you defending yourself against things I haven't said? Did you read your own ISO and realize you made a scumslip somewhere?
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

Class is over, forgot to answer Rain about why I investigated him last night: I thought Ellyssa or Nacho would get the NK, so it was between you and Quaroath. You had been getting more pressure than him, but I was seriously considering his playstyle and how he was generating discussion. If he was town, that makes him a good NK target. If he was scum, I thought he could be drawn out to post a lot on D3. I was far less confident about getting you to post and perhaps slip up.

Back to studying!
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

Triple Post! I really need to learn not to try playing the game when I'm busy, multitasking keeps my thoughts scattered.

@Rain and Stels: I feel the best way to convince you that I'm telling the truth is to give you the info I have (done) and letting you decide what to do with it. I don't want to push for either Ellyssa or Nacho because I think that if you guys make the decision to lynch one today, then I can't be accused of bussing which could become important on D4. But today is the hard part. Ellyssa and Nacho will both flip scum, the ball is in your court. Expect the best cases I can muster on both by this weekend.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Stels »

@Massclaim: I am VT. No point in dwelling upon it now...

My thoughts about people:
@Nachomamma8: Seriously, I can't grasp your alignment T_T
IT DRIVES ME NUTS!
Ok, I processed some info you said about me based on my scum meta. You said that in Gorrad's Fav. Fic. Mafia, I buddy up a lot. As I recall and did a short re-read of my ISO there, I don't think I've ever done that there... This confuses me in many ways now, since I don't get your point in why you're so sure that I'm town based on that meta as well as me not grasping your alignment. Unless you confused Newbie 1052, which I doubt you're talking about. [/end]
As far as referring to my reads on people, I would make my reads on people shifty, but the same applies to town as well, since I don't know for sure who is what, like I am with you.
The way you usually play, especially at this point in the game based on your previous games, you should be way more active, especially since we're in MyLo.
I honestly want to believe in you being town, but reading some games that you played in, you are a silver-tongued devil. But then again I have analysis data...

@Rain: Honestly, I thought of you dying Night 1, due to being an IC and instilling fear in the scum-newbies that you'll effectively scumhunt their asses out of here. But with the current layout of your playstyle, you strike me as more of an under-the-radar type of person. I perceive you as more town than scum at this point due to the fact that they probably decided to let you live till this day due to your scumminess D2 as well as not contributing much. Considering that Splitfarvle is the cop, then you are town. If Splitfarvle is actually scum, then you're scum.

...Quaroath: I find this an amazing fact that they lynched Quaroath over Ellyssa. He freaking makes almost no sense, pretty much dilly-dallied D2 (no offence). Based on his latest list of who he considers what, I can discern this from what I can piece together.
This is his original list:
Quaroath wrote:
Rain
Quaroath
Ellyssa
Split

T-Bone
Stels
Nacho
This is what I assume based on it:
Quaroath wrote:Rain
Quaroath

Ellyssa
Split
T-Bone

Stels

Nacho
T-Bone flipped town as well as Quaroath and I know for a fact that I am town myself.
Why would they lynch Quaroath? From what I know about Nacho, he isn't dumb enough to paint a target on his back as large as this, so he's out of the picture for this one. (WIFOM >_>)
So that leaves me with Rain, Ellyssa and Splitfarvle.
Ellyssa is pro-town as far as I can remember, so that leads to
Rain-Splitfarvle
which is
very likely
, claiming cop, he gains an advantage as well as getting a sure-fire ally (me)(Although it could be any other person here).
Then we assume that Splitfarvle is actually the cop, that leads to
Nacho-Ellyssa
scum team which I
definitely won't find likely
now after analyzing the current situation as well as the previous reason why I don't find Nacho likely scum now.
Another thing about Rain and this tactic is that the aggression caused between him and myself will build into friendship/buddying if it is revealed that we are both town. Clever tactic. I vote, they quick-lynch. I refrain from voting until Nacho gets here.
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Rain »

I'm inclined to believe Splitfarvle. Ellyssa vs Barefoot was tame (first half of d1), whereas Ellyssa vs Muh and Ellyssa vs T-Bone was aggressive.

In Ellyssa vs Splitfarvle, Ellyssa flails. Splitfarvle wins.

And this post seems way too conceited for scum to make. As much as it pains me to admit it, Stels might actually be town.

Unfortunately, I don't see a majority wanting to lynch Ellyssa. Such a shame.
Vote: Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Ellyssa »

I'll make a list.. two main things I was looking for here - Interactions with split and Quaroath, and D2 play. A bit of consideration given to guessing scum motive for killing night targets (Jack Forman, Quaroath) - likely a weaker thing to look for than the other two, due to WIFOM as mentioned since this was talked about after Night 1, but I like to consider it in the overall view of things. It's likely not a complete list either, as it was based off of one reread, but hopefully catches most of it.

Nacho

Aye

- The major one here, and the one I can't quite shake off, is that Split named Nacho as my partner. Does this mean that he's not voting because he knows it's one-true, one-false, and while he could lynch me to win or lynch Nacho for credit, he'd rather wait to see which wagon forms because winning with two scum left is "safer" than winning with one even though Nacho could be the easier lynch for towncred for split? Would he be audacious enough to name two townies as the scum, have them both OMGUS vote him, and hinge all his hopes on convincing the third townie (Rain or Stels), to vote along with him and his other scum partner (Stels or Rain)? Instead of naming 1 town 1 scum, and only needing to convince one of the two remaining townies to vote along with him. This might hinge on what Nacho actually does and how he votes when he comes back from his V/LA.
- If they're both scum, you could read #258 as one scum trying to say hello to the other replacement scum and directing them toward his preferred lynch target for the day, although as it turns out, split never actually votes Rain (but Nacho does, until his hammer swap).
- They ultimately were both on the T-Bone wagon at the end, though this is weak as, well, I was on it too, and so was Stels.
Nay

- He didn't hammer either Stels or T-Bone when they were at 3-3 for some time, though he may have been V/LA then. He didn't push either wagon to L-1 either when we had under a week left and they were 2/2 though. That would likely have sealed the deal on whoever it was, and get to nightfall faster.

Rain

Aye

- Split tries to distance from Rain here:
splitfarvle in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2844727#p2844727]#104[/url] wrote:One thing that I find difficult in reading Rain is his role as IC. It doesn't help us to scumhunt if Rain is dropping knowledge that might be used by scum to appear more town. I don't think that part of my suspicion goes away if Jack flips town.
- Split goes,
right after Rain goes
Rain in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2865270#p2865270]#213[/url] wrote:Still no defense. I don't see any bandwagon forming on anyone else in the near future. Also, I'm getting a bit bored in this game. Gotta make something happen.

Die scum.

Unvote
Vote: Muh316
Which makes it seem like split knew Muh was town, and was trying to deaden the impact of Rain being the one to cast the hammer vote.
- Rain was the other secondary suspect that came up from my analysis on Jack's N1 NK, even though T-Bone got the brunt of my initial suspicion. Rain also then tried to bury N1 discussion (#235), and backs down in his next post on #241.
- Rain's D2 play in general is short and shoddy, with posts like "Moar votes on Stels please." and "Lynch Stels please." to avoid prods (for the first of those two anyway) and generally coast through D2. He then uses the Negative Proof logical fallacy here:
Rain wrote:Unless you have some ungodly explanation to why Stels is town, my vote stays.
on what he admits is a weak case, because he's saying that he won't move his vote unless Stels can be proven to be town, which no other townie can do (besides the cop.. was that foreshadowing and trying to test the waters to see if there was a cop, which he continued on with the WIFOM bomb at #293?, which is not a townie thing to do at that point of the day at all). Basically he's saying, "You can't prove Stels is not scum. Therefore Stels is scum."
- He slips up in #339 by naming someone as scummy whom he hadn't been focused on,
second
time this game, though this one he never acknowledges. He also says T-Bone seems like a scummy suspect but refused to consider changing his vote through the end of the day. Or at least never said so. Despite knowing as an IC that no-lynch there would be critically bad. While Nacho and Stels were on T-Bone's wagon, Rain stood out for calling him scummy but trying his best to stay off that wagon.
Nay

- Not directly "agreeing" with split and jumping on either me or Nacho, even though he posted immediately after the cop claim.
- They clashed around #85 when split called Rain's comments on Jack as coaching.
- In Day 1 at #96 Rain applied pressure to Quaroath with regard to following the safe vote, out of nowhere. I don't see Mafia doing that to a townie at that point because they'd very much appreciate the support and vote.
- Split attacks Rain in #256 about seed planting and declaring Jack town.
- Split attacks Rain again in D2 about his D1 quickhammer around #238-240-241, #256, #264, #279, before it's finally dropped, with only a further brief reference at #295, I think. Split also continues attacking Rain by proxy in #295 by attacking Quaroath. Rain never really replies or acknowledges it, though.

Stels

Aye

- Possible reason to want Quaroath dead (Q had attacked him on and off, in pregame and day 1 and 2). Q was wishy washy on him up to the end, and voted/said so several times with regard to whether Stels was scum or not. Q also jokingly voted split early on in pregame/start of D1, and Stels jumped on him to defend split. - However this is weak primarily because it started in pregame. It could have been overreaction, even though it's long since been water under the bridge, but that kind of "too obvious" overreaction seems unlikely since everyone has shown themselves to be relatively mature and proficient (unlike some of the other newbie games) thereafter.
- Like Nacho, they ultimately were both on the T-Bone wagon at the end, though this is weak as well, as I was on it too, and so was Nacho. Plus the other wagon was his own..
- Split and Stels have barely talked about each other the entire game at all, except to say they think each other is town. They haven't attacked or pushed each other on any points, that is. Which is why this aye/nay list is woefully short.
Nay

- In #156, argued against split's "Lynch Muh in D1" post and called it tunneling.
- #284 is weakly pro-town, at least the bit about not caring whether he looked town or scum.

I think it's either Nacho or Rain that's split's partner, though more by process of elimination than anything. I was leaning toward Nacho because I find it very hard to believe that Split would gambit and name two townies instead of one town and one scum. Until I read what Stels said, that they may have been banking on his emotion from being vindicated since split claims both of them are town. I did not realise that in my initial read.

But I find it interesting now that I've done a read through and initial list, that Rain decided to vote anyway without waiting for my promised case post - he brings up points that I can and will try to refute, but without even waiting for my answer to his question, which he posted after my supposed "flailing", he now wholeheartedly agrees with split and is willing to vote and lynch me
even though he's an IC and this is two days into Lylo, and Nacho hasn't even checked in after the claim yet
. This is not townie play - you cannot be that sure if you ARE town! To me, this is a strong hint that Rain is panicking because Stels turns out to be leaning against their gambit of naming both of them town, and Rain is now trying to use absolutes and appeal to emotion to force through a quick lynch. Oops? Scumteam.

FoS: Rain
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Ellyssa »

Oh, and I am VT as well. I won't have time to reply to split right this moment, but,
@Rain I did vote barefoot at first but eventually took it off and moved on because it was obvious she had a language barrier and that was affecting her play, and I couldn't decide if the joking-around tone of some of the posts was part of that or not. There are simply things that I try not to morally attack anyone on, regardless of alignment, and that's one of them. Another in this game is pregame shenanigans (the point I brought up above, while it relates to that, talks more about the possibility of Chainsaw Defense there rather than the content of said pregame conflict), and yet another is "OOC" stuff, or even the use of the word OOC like T-Bone did early in day 2, which I could have said implied that his other posts were "in character" and that therefore he was acting, ergo scum. Now moot since obviously he's not.

But I didn't think barefoot (sans replacement) would have been able to survive to the end if she was scum, anyway, based on her D1 posts. So while my suspicion on her steadily degraded, I was also looking for that second scumpartner and thus went to muh on the suspicion of his interaction with barefoot. Plus no one else was on her wagon to apply pressure anyhow.
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Ellyssa »

Also

@Stels, if you are town, in all fairness you should consider the split/Nacho or split/Ellyssa teams as well, as he could be naming 1 town-1 scum and trying to kill one scum to get town cred, and promptly use that to lynch the other.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Stels »

@Ellyssa: I don't consider Nacho into any scum team now that I think about it. That would be just about stupid based on the list I gave you all. That basically leaves only 3 people to ponder about and a 2/3 chance to hit scum... Because I don't believe Splitfarvle when he says that Rain and me are town, meaning that Nacho/Ellyssa scum team is what he is considering, which is the only choice that is actually left. The fact that he wants to attract attention by saying "Hey, I give you the power of my vote, use it anyway you want to." is just plain stupid if he knows he is the cop and there can only be two people left that actually fit the role of scum: Nacho and Ellyssa. So why not vote them at the start which is the only logical solution here? Exactly. He is scum.
So now, we are considering a Split/--- team.
Split/Rain
Since basically Nacho is out due to his experience and such, he would never paint a target on his back. The chance that he is scum is still there (gambits and possibly believing that his partner might win in the end is very unlikely when you can finish the game right now).
Honestly, Split/Rain is the only way to go now. The way split acts now and how his vote depends on who me and rain vote is already considered buddying. Rain is either his scum partner or a misguided townie, which I highly doubt. The fact that the Split/Ellyssa and Split/Rain teams exists is for sure, and since Split is in both of the teams at once, he is the safest bet we have to lynch scum.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Stels »

For now, I need to hear from Nacho and see what he thinks.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

Interesting conclusion, maybe if I further explain my thought process you can see where I'm coming from. I'm the cop, on D3 in lylo, and my investigations have revealed who both scum are by deduction all at once. Who do I push for, exactly? Ellyssa has appeared to be the most protown player in the game since D1, and there just isn't much to see with Nacho's ISO. I know they're both scum, but I have to convince the remaining town that I'm telling the truth.

I could've not claimed, or lied and said vanilla, but then I run into a credibility problem later.

I could've just revealed my knowledge about one of them hoping that the other one incriminates the pairing, but that seemed risky and also I still run into a credibility problem for withholding info.

Nacho will most likely put me at L-1, but it's early yet and I hope you'll give me the chance to change your mind Stels. A thought experiment: If I was scum, why would I go through all this when I could've just built a case against you, the almost D2 lynch, instead? Or just sat back and let it happen on it's own?
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Stels »

@Splitfarvle: the thing is, you couldn't. You have nothing on me. The only reason I was put to L-1 was because of T-Bone and his OMGUS. Rain had a weak-ass case and Quaroath had a grudge against me, that's about it. As you stated previously, you wanted me alive. I was viewed as being against Nacho who I doubted strongly yet most people considered him town, which sufficed perfectly for you, you 'prove' to the rest that I am town as well as revealing yourself to be town and some other person (oh wait, scumbuddy) and you just wait for any lynch to happen. Since I know I am town, you can't possibly get a wrong result on me being scum and you can't claim that you suddenly had a scum result on someone, which immediately ruins the game for you on a lot of levels.
Honestly, I would consider Ellyssa/Nacho scumteam, but I know that Nacho at least isn't stupid enough to set a trap onto himself.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”