Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

bvoigt wrote:
Lowell wrote:RL crisis too sad to write here. Hopefully will be back in two days.
Wish you well.
Do you have any opinions outside of Steph? You both have your vote on each other and haven't provided much on anyone else.

Give Feysal a chance.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by Furcolow »

BotS, if I explain to you why I unvoted Feysal, he will most definitely seek that angle of his defense. Now, I know defense is overrated, but I am eager to see Feysal's in this case vs why he would be seeking out the smaller scumteam vs the larger one.

I find your Fonz case to be reaching, plus information instead of analysis, and it raises my suspicion of you
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Beasts of the Sea wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Things to note after the flip:

Artem (i.e. vp baltar) and gonnano were both on mothrax/jmj (i.e. fonz) day 1. It is therefore unlikely fonz was on the same team as them.

The last two votes on the bunnylover lynch were gonnano and then egl. It is therefore unlikely EGL was on the same team as gonnano.
I can see the logic behind the first two statements since jmj/mothrax was getting to the threshold of being a viable counter wagon; but the second comment I don't think is sound because it falls into the WIFOM category. I haven't really seen actual suspicion cast in other games based (especially D1) for end of the wagon relationships.
I think any conjecture is based on WIFOM to some extent.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

5th vote count of day 4

Furcolow - 1 -
The Fonz
Stephoscope - 1 -
bvoigt
The Fonz - 4 -
Beasts of the Sea, PeregrineV, Lowell, LynchMePls
bvoigt - 1 -
Stephoscope
EGL - 2 -
smargaret, Scott Brosius
Feysal - 1 -
ThAdmiral
PeregrineV - 1 -
Furcolow

Not voting - 3 -
Feysal, EGL, Sathoris
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Furcolow »

unvote

i want to hear what feysal has to say
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:28 am

Post by LimMePls »

@BOTS: Cause I didn't see those other times.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

To the Mod: I will be V/LA until Monday.

Unvote.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Scott Brosius wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
Lowell wrote:RL crisis too sad to write here. Hopefully will be back in two days.
Wish you well.
Do you have any opinions outside of Steph? You both have your vote on each other and haven't provided much on anyone else.

Give Feysal a chance.
I also think Sathoris is scum, along with smargaret and maybe Lowell. Did smarg's neighbor ever claim? I'm not really seeing Feysal as scum.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Feysal »

smargaret [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2934943#p2934943]#1846[/url] wrote:Feysal - can you elaborate on why the EGL case is suddenly invalid?
I could not remember very well what EGL had been doing and saying, so I reread his posts. He never voted gonnano, but I don't think that is reason enough to suspect a connection between them, particularly since gonnano chose to vote EGL in #956, as second on his wagon. Other than that, gonnano only mentions suspicion of EGL in one other post #1662, in a large pool of suspects. That is all. I don't see support for the distancing accusation.

There is also the matter that my suspicions of DavidParker/PeregrineV have been revived, and he claimed a while back. If he is Soviet, then he should be scum with Artem/VP Baltar and gonnano, and since I don't think there are more than three members in either team, that leaves no room for EGL in the Soviet scum team.

All that leaves me with is the fact that EGL hammered two town lynches. That is reason enough for suspicion, even without any connections to the Soviet scum team, but I think that EGL is more likely to belong to the other team, if he is scum at all.
Furcolow [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2938271#p2938271]#1860[/url] wrote:Therefore, he has pegged 1 of the 2 scum on that team, but would only have a reason to do that as the other team, which we as a town need to reduce in number.
Just before this post you said you were assuming that there were four scum in each team. I don't share that idea. I have no solid evidence of there being only three members to a team, but I believe game balance works better that way. We started with 24 players, and six scum total sounds about right for the size of the game, particularly given the abundance of killing roles. There is also the sample win condition of only Soviets remaining, which has an important impact on game balance in late game. The town could find itself in LYLO if the last scum and all townies except one share the same nationality.

Simply put, I believe four scum in each team would shift balance severely against the town, especially with several night kills and with nationalities involved. Because of this, I find three more likely, meaning the Soviet mafia probably have only one member left. Eliminating that member would reduce the number of deaths each night. It would also eliminate the possibility of crosskills, not that we've had much luck with those. I'd say eliminating a nightly scum kill is a worthy reason to hunt down the weaker team to the last man.

I considered the possibility of forcing the last Soviet scum to work as a vigilante for town, but now I don't find that very appealing. The scum would have little motive to play along, and besides the town has another vigilante left anyway.
LynchMePls [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2939801#p2939801]#1868[/url] wrote:I've decided that your play is scummy, and I want a replacement on Feysal since he's given up on the game.
Missed the fact that I was in Rome all of last week, and away from the game on account of that?
smargaret [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2946267#p2946267]#1899[/url] wrote:No, Feysal, you need to talk about EGL and why you all of a sudden don't think he's a valid lynch.
He may be a valid lynch, but I think that the case connecting him to the Soviet scum team is invalid. He may still belong to the other scum team.

While I'm on that subject, I believe I'll christen the other scum team as NATO. We've never had a clue whether they are US scum, Free world scum or whatever, and I'm tired of speaking of "non-Soviet" or "other" scum.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by smargaret »

So. Feysal's my neighbor and last night he posted once, saying that EGL was the right lynch for today, and I don't buy the explanation of how that changed, since I posted the case I made against EGL in the qt last night. He also posted a bunch of other stuff about how he's found crumbs from players still alive (which I won't reveal) and dead, and pushed me to talk about any investigative roles (ie, he was rolefishing). Much of what he's done in thread and in the qt is setup speculation and rolefishing. The town read went poof. Discuss.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Feysal
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Feysal wrote:Missed the fact that I was in Rome all of last week, and away from the game on account of that?
Yes.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

smargaret wrote:So. Feysal's my neighbor and last night he posted once, saying that EGL was the right lynch for today, and I don't buy the explanation of how that changed, since I posted the case I made against EGL in the qt last night. He also posted a bunch of other stuff about how he's found crumbs from players still alive (which I won't reveal) and dead, and pushed me to talk about any investigative roles (ie, he was rolefishing). Much of what he's done in thread and in the qt is setup speculation and rolefishing. The town read went poof. Discuss.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Feysal
The problem here is that if he doesn't flip scum neighbor, you realize you are automatically the lynch for tomorrow? I've never seen a scum neighbor player in a game so I'm not sure what they flip.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by smargaret »

Yes, if he flips town then I look bad. But I really can't see him as town any more after that.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Back on feysal guys!
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:16 am

Post by bvoigt »

Feysal, why didn't you claim that you were smarg's neighbor?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sathoris
was prodded
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Sathoris »

Why would he claim the neighbour when votes on smarg were dropping and he was under no suspicion. It would only draw suspicion onto himself because smarg isn't sure wether his neighbour has the same wincon as he does.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Furcolow »

Im here
I've been pushing feysal for a year
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:45 am

Post by smargaret »

You might consider voting him, then, furc.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Just because he disagrees with me doesn't mean he is right
I want to be sure we lynch US-scum or whatever, not soviet-scum
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:19 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

That's not the point furc. You're not voting him, and you should be voting him.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Lowell »

Just checking in, still not back to full speed.

Anyway, I don't really see the feysal/neighbor thing, or how that's particularly damning.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Stephoscope »

smargaret is town. No question.

Unvote
Vote: Feysal
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:03 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'm back, and should be up to speed shortly.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:37 am

Post by The Fonz »

LynchMePls wrote: So on Day four of a large theme game, other than your Furc pushing, you've commented on Feysal and EGL. But you're not hiding behind Furc. Yeah, ok... :roll:
I really don't understand what you're pushing here. I've commented on as many different players today as anyone alive.
Stephoscope wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote: Do you have opinions on anyone else?
Like you, I'm not sure I understand the Fonz wagon. I remember losing to him once when he was scum, though, so I'm going to go back and see if anything seems to match. Stay tuned.
OH HAI "I don't really find Fonz scummy, but I'll look for an excuse to jump the wagon if it gets close to lynch."
Beasts of the Sea wrote:.
The Fonz wrote:Yeah, this is a great point, apart from it being utterly untrue. I made my vote for Furc when there was only one vote on Gonnano, and six on smargaret. The idea that I pushed Furcolow 'to save Gonnano' does not jibe with even a cursory reading of the game.
You are over simplifying the situation by only looking at the snapshot of when you first voted Furcolow. Even when gonnano's wagon was building you did not comment on it other than saying you didn't think gonnano was scum.
No, I'm not. You contended that I was pushing Furc to save Gonnano. I was using the exact same arguments to push Furc when Gonnano was at threat as when Smargaret was at threat. The Gonnano wagon was available when I voted Furc first, but I preferred the Furcwagon. To my mind, when you accuse someone of 'pushing X to save Y' it implies that saving Y is the major motivation behind your push of X. And that doesn't make any sense since I was pushing Furc with the exact same line of reasoning I was before Gonnano was in danger.

Incidentally, I never said I didn't think Gonnano was scum. I had a neutral-ish, mildly scummy read on him, but thought others were much scummier and that the case on him was overblown. I said I thought Bvoight was explicitly town.
BOTS wrote:Then you kept pushing at Furcolow for other game related reasons as to build more of a case even though his previous play has nothing to do with the reasons you were currently voting Fucolow (he lied repeatedly). What was the point of bringing up hammer claimed cops and talking about ongoing games other than to smear him?
To point out that I am well aware of Furc's rep for idiocy and erratic play, and that that wasn't why I was voting him: specifically, that I felt his play in this game was specifically scummy even taking into account my meta knowledge of him, because a) Despite all the stupid things I'd seen him do, lying as town wasn't one of them and b) his lies in this game seemed particularly survival-orientated and therefore scummy: claiming BP has obvious motive for scum wanting to avoid potential rival scum's nightkills, and claiming doctor when caught out seems designed to avoid getting lynched, and c) he didn't change his claim spontaneously, as you might expect someone just being erratic to do; he changed it in response to being caught in a lie, which is what you'd expect scum to do.
And the point about others meta defending him is disingenuous as well because I read the "meta defending" as not look at these specific behaviors in comparison with other games but rather the overall playstyle, erratic behavior, and unpredictability and not the emulation of the same things from previous games.
It's not disengenuous at all. Specific VIs have specific ways of being VIish. Early ABR lied about his role as town all the time. MafiaSSK lurks like a mofo and doesn't give content. Other VIs omgus constantly or sheep all the time. You can't throw a generic 'VI' blanket over someone and therefore allow them to do anything antitown they want.
BOTS wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Finally, note that Gon flipped goon, not scum watcher, so a buddy would have known he didn't have real results to save him. Do you really think a buddy of Gonnano's there wouldn't have realized that he was going down, hard?
You make an interesting point about gonnano not flipping his claimed role. Do you think one of his partners is a watcher and he claimed those results or was he going for complete BS in hopes he was correct in nobody visiting the people he claimed?
The former is only really possible if LMP is his partner and decided that he was going down despite the claim so he might as well get some town cred. If the scum had actual watching results and LMP wasn't his partner, he wouldn't have got caught out on his claim.
To answer your question what would the scum buddy do at the point, knowing he was claiming something false? The partner could:
  • Call him a liar and say he's lying about his role;
  • Hammer him without the claimed results, knowing whatever results he made were either totally fake or actual results from another team member;
  • Avoid the thread and see what happens; or,
  • Stall a little bit, be wishy washy on whether or not his real or not and hope that people wouldn't want to hammer a claimed watcher.
What does the fake claim of gonnano's have to do with gonnano's partner(s) knowing he is going down hard?
Claiming BS results and hoping no-one counterclaims them is incredibly risky relative to claiming actual watching results.
BOTS wrote:Gonnano was going down hard regardless of his claim being real or not, which is obvious by the fact that his claim did relatively nothing to deter his wagon.
If you really believe this, then why do you think it was scummy

[quote="BOTS"}
The Fonz wrote:Or, you know, blatantly obviously genuine scumhunting. When lots of people say 'Bvoight today, Gonnano tomorrow' there can be several things behind it. They can genuinely think they're scum and connected to each other. They can think they are both scum, but completely unconnected. And, in particular,
they can be Gonnano buddies who are claiming to think Gonnano is scum with links to Bvoight, but looking to use a Bvoight town flip as an excuse to stop bussing their buddy
. I was suspicious of people making these kind of statements because I had a town read on bvoight, therefore either the latter scenario or lining up lynches were both possible motivations for those making those kind of comments. I wanted to pin these players down.
You actually had a town read on both, so in that context where and how were you scumhunting with that line of questioning? The bolded is exactly what I believe you to have been doing. You were determining the public opinion of those two to figure out the best way to push it through. Maybe I have it backwards and you and bvoit are partners, but asking for the suspicion level of the pair when both of them are town (in your opinion) is scummy because you should have been advocating for them being town instead. [/quote]

I didn't claim a town read on both. The more town of the two imho (Bvoight) was the one people were trying to lynch first. The bolded doesn't even make sense. You think I'm scum with Gonnano, and was trying to use the 'Well bvoight was town so now I don' suspect Gonnano no more' kind of argument argument when I made quite clear I THOUGHT BVOIGHT WAS TOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE, and therefore never bought into any kind of 'Bvoight and Gonnano' theory?

Also, it never hurts to ask people to put their reasoning behind 'X, then Y' statements out in the open. It's easier as you put it to 'advocate for someone being town' when you know what the case people are trying to make on them is. :roll:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”