Mini 1135: Deadmines - DONE. PRAISE AZEROTH.

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by Antihero »

^So, the theory is that reck is really a roleblocker with a "sap" power and reck just went "herp derp, I don't see any use for this anymore" and wasted it day 1.

But a scumrole that doles out vig shots and tracker? ?????????????
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Parama »

Do you realize how good it made him look? He used a sap power to HAMMER HIS BUDDY. Very unlikely that anyone would question his alignment for a couple of game days after that (and look, it worked. Oh man.)
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I ALSO FUCKING PROVED THAT I WASN'T A ROLEBLOCKER BY USING THAT ABILITY
ALSO BY DODGING A KILL
SERIOUSLY. JESUS.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Parama wrote:Do you realize how good it made him look? He used a sap power to HAMMER HIS BUDDY. Very unlikely that anyone would question his alignment for a couple of game days after that (and look, it worked. Oh man.)
I used it to hammer SCUM, who I
called out on a scumslip and used that to drive his lynch

Let's think about this... I could have ignored the slip and let it go, or even backed down once an explanation was provided. But no. Instead, when nobody else saw it, I called Enigma out ON THE SLIP and used AN ABILITY THAT LETS ME STEAL A VOTE AND PLACE IT ELSEWHERE to hammer scum.

If I was scum, and I kept that ability until, oh, NOW it would be autowin in LyLo. THAT IS NOT AN ABILITY A MOD IS GOING TO GIVE SCUM. THAT IS INCREDIBLY OVERPOWERED FOR SCUM TO HAVE.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Parama »

1. You used it to hammer scum who was going to be lynched anyways. That's called bussing
2. And you've made it to LyLo as scum, with the only clear having a difficult timing figuring out that you're scum - hell, he's almost willing to clear you due to it, which means your plan worked. Good job, Reck d(''d)
3. Mod WIFOM. And who knows, there might be some clause that prevents it from being used on LyLo? I don't have your role PM so I wouldn't know.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

1. He was going to be lynched DUE TO THE FACT THAT I STARTED A CASE ON HIM AND PUSHED THE WAGON THROUGH. I used my ability to hammer him BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW IF I'D SURVIVE THE NIGHT. And clearly at some point scum tried to kill me because I DODGED A KILL.
2. Is this a point or...
3. Really. Mod WIFOM. Really.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm going to take a nap because I'm fucking exhausted. Be back later.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Parama »

1. I'd assume anyone with flavor knowledge would've picked up on it sooner or later. Just because you pushed it doesn't make you confirmed town - ever hear of bussing? Also,
Maemuki wrote:Why hello there I'm your doc (Undead Priest by the way) and I protected Antihero last night and Reck the night before.
Oh look an explanation for the missing scumkill. You just took the opportunity to claim the killdodge so that it made it uncertain who was saved that night. Obvious now, though.
2. Saying why your bussing strategy worked.
3. Yessir.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

1. If you can look at D1 and call that bussing, you're insane. I was literally screaming for Enigma's blood and Enigma IMMEDIATELY WIFOMed me and tried to turn it back around on me. WHY THE FUCK WOULD SCUM DOUBLEBUS ON DAY FUCKING ONE?

Also, the missing scumkill? Yeah, that's about the same time you magically happened to give out a vig shot.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

This was your vote on Enigma:
Parama wrote:
HEY MOD, PARKNOURIE GOT BANNED, SO REPLACE HIM

I'm just gonna sheep Reck for now, even if Bub is scum with Antiherotown, and Sathoris is 3rd-party Lyncher.
unvote, vote: Enigma
Sheeping blindly behind me? Opening yourself up to hop off your buddy's wagon if need be? Keep in mind, this is your only serious post the whole first day.

The remainder of the game involves ZERO scumhunting on your part. You lurk through the whole fucking game, and your contributions amount to, "Mod, you should replace this person" OR "Person, you should replace out".

also
Parama wrote:
Dana. We are lynching either you or Bub today. Stop wasting your vote.

Same goes for ender and smargaret.
WHEEEE LIMITING THE LYNCH BETWEEN TWO TOWNIES IN AN ATTEMPT TO DIRECT TOWN

Interesting that Sathoris turned up dead after you got an innocent on him… ALMOST LIKE THAT'S A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR COP INVESTIGATION WAS LEGITIMATE
Parama wrote:
Maemuki wrote:Okay, there's three options for Enigma to have an impossible class:

a. The mod's a bastard.
b. Enigma is lying.

Seriously, I don't believe the mod is that much of a bastard to do something like this. So, Enigma. Any justification?
^Mae is scum
TRYING TO GET MAE LYNCHED EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS A CLAIMED DOC? CHECK.
Parama wrote:
unvote, vote: Kairyuu

My preferred lynch out of the two, though I'll hammer Starbuck without mercy if she gets to L-1.
I'LL HAMMER EITHER TOWN KTHX
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I have to run for now, but there's pleeeeenty more scummy goodness to dig up later.
green shirt thursdays
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Antihero »

xRECKONERx wrote:Also, the missing scumkill? Yeah, that's about the same time you magically happened to give out a vig shot.
That was the day you claimed to dodge the scumkill......
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Parama »

xRECKONERx wrote:1. If you can look at D1 and call that bussing, you're insane. I was literally screaming for Enigma's blood and Enigma IMMEDIATELY WIFOMed me and tried to turn it back around on me. WHY THE FUCK WOULD SCUM DOUBLEBUS ON DAY FUCKING ONE?

Also, the missing scumkill? Yeah, that's about the same time you magically happened to give out a vig shot.
That Kairyuu claimed to have used.
xRECKONERx wrote:
Parama wrote:
Dana. We are lynching either you or Bub today. Stop wasting your vote.

Same goes for ender and smargaret.
WHEEEE LIMITING THE LYNCH BETWEEN TWO TOWNIES IN AN ATTEMPT TO DIRECT TOWN
Same two people you wanted dead, why are you complaining?
xRECKONERx wrote:Interesting that Sathoris turned up dead after you got an innocent on him… ALMOST LIKE THAT'S A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR COP INVESTIGATION WAS LEGITIMATE
LOL.
1. I copped him N1. He died N5.
2. Antihero, confirmed town, gave out the cop claim. Why would I lie about my result?
xRECKONERx wrote:
Parama wrote:
Maemuki wrote:Okay, there's three options for Enigma to have an impossible class:

a. The mod's a bastard.
b. Enigma is lying.

Seriously, I don't believe the mod is that much of a bastard to do something like this. So, Enigma. Any justification?
^Mae is scum
TRYING TO GET MAE LYNCHED EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS A CLAIMED DOC? CHECK.
it's called "I didn't believe she was town".
I didn't know town weren't allowed to be wrong.
Parama wrote:
unvote, vote: Kairyuu

My preferred lynch out of the two, though I'll hammer Starbuck without mercy if she gets to L-1.
I'LL HAMMER EITHER TOWN KTHX[/quote]
And you drove both those lynches, so stop being a hypocrite.

Anti, can you not see how desperate this guy is? massive stretches and hypocritical accusations everywhere.
my case on Reck amounts to one thing:
Confirmation bias.
Not really much else to say.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Saying I drove those two lynches is fucking ridiculous.
Anti wrote:That was the day you claimed to dodge the scumkill......
I claimed to dodge a kill, period. I don't know which one it was, though I'm assuming it was the scumkill, due to kill flavor.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:41 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Anti if you're going to hammer me and lose this fucking game for us just go ahead and do it so I don't waste my breath or energy trying to actually put together a case on Parama. This looks bad on my end. All I can do is ask you to compare our games (Parama vs. me) and tell me which one of us honestly played a more pro-town game throughout. I'm town. My ability can't be explained as a scum role (roleblocker + vote stealer?), whereas I've provided an explanation for how Parama's could be (roleblocker + group eavesdrop ability).
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Parama »

You're still going with the "randomly distributed one-shots and I can see which goes where" nonsense? lol.
First off, that'd mean that I could kill the person with the one-shot every single night if I so pleased.
Second, that'd be a broken setup. Watch:
4 players left going into night, 1 scum and 3 town. Scum randomly gets one-shot vig that he can use along with his nightkill? YEAH NO. That leaves the potential for an EXCLUSIVELY luck-based win. I don't think inHim would make such a flawed setup.
And the one night I was blocked, nobody got a power. Unless you claim that the random one-shot was given to Mae?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:07 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

First off, if the person with the one shot died every night, then you'd be OBVSCUM therefore it wouldn't be OKAY TO DO.
Second off, even if you WERE inventor, scum could STILL wind up with a one-shot vig in that endgame.
Mae could've easily gotten a one-shot.
And for your yelling about a "broken setup", you seem to easily say "Oh yeah, scum having a vote-steal ability in endgame? lol totally not broken".

I don't know how IHSIB designed this, and I believe after endgame, there'll be some key component I'm missing to make me understand, because IHSIB isn't an idiot.

By the way, the "Randomly distributed one-shots" thing fits A LOT more with the flavor than there being a class that gives out one-shots to other people. Rogue being JOAT? Yeah, that fits.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Parama »

1. But if the person with the one-shot died every night, nobody would know that random one-shots were being distributed at all. As scum, would I have claimed to distribute them at all? Probably not, because it'd be a terrible fakeclaim.
2. Yes, but it wouldn't be based on chance - rather, on the skill of my play. And that's not broken.
3. There's probably some key component to your role as well. I don't really know because I don't have your role PM, but there's probably a clause something like "If the total amount of scum is equal to (n - 1)/2, where n is the total amount of players, then the vote-sap ability cannot be used." I can't be sure but I'm sure there's some clause preventing it from being a gamebreaking ability.

As for flavor,
inHimshallibe wrote:
Before anything else is said about the bastardy or not of this game, do not assume the flavor is or is not directly plucked from one specific era of time. It is not impossible for the flavor to encompass any and all aspects of the game, in any of its forms.

This does NOT condemn or imply anything about how the game is playing out right now, aside from the claims of bastard-modding.

I assure you no bastardly intentions went into the design of this game, though I guess this should have been said to begin with: the flavor is only a shell for a game, not the game being a shell for flavor.
yeah. Don't even try to pull that.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

1. Or, as scum, you could use that knowledge to create a NEARLY FUCKING BULLETPROOF FAKECLAIM that takes you to endgame like so.
2. Uh-huh. Argument still stands for my vote sap.
3. Just like there could be a clause in your role PM as well that doesn't allow scum to use a vig shot to endgame.

As for flavor, what IHSIB was referring to there was the class/race combination stuff, and the people claiming that "Oh! So-and-so isn't in Cataclysm (the newest expansion), therefore the flavor doesn't fit!". Which is why he said "It is not impossible for the flavor to encompass any and all aspects of the game, in any of its forms.", because he was SPECIFICALLY REFERRING TO TIME PERIODS WITHIN WOW ITSELF, not the mechanics of the game.

Kairyuu made the point that, "Oh, this is set in old-school Deadmines because we're fighting so-and-so, therefore class/race combos X, Y, and Z are impossible", and that was the mod's response.

The whole game is themed around not the flavor of the game itself, but the flavor of PLAYING the game itself. This is why all the modscenes are party chat logs, and the kill flavors are "ragequit" and "kicked from the dungeon". You know what fits perfect into that flavor model? Having the players roll for loot.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Parama »

HEY ANTIHERO WHERE DID YOU GO?
WHY IS THIS DEAD?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Antihero »

You two DO realize the clusterf*ck I have to deal with, right?

Parama, where did you say Reck's claim wasn't meshing up? I'm going back and I don't see them (maybe that's because I have brain fog right now).

I'll be dropping the hammer tomorrow. You two say whatever you want to say.

Also, look in the first post. It mentions some "Edwin van Cleef" Who is that? You think that might be a third party here and that's who town needs to lynch to win?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by Parama »

Reck claims action on Sathoris
Reck claims all actions used up
Fullclaim - claims an extra action but NOT the one he claimed to use on Sathoris

In other news, I just realized something that might make things make more sense... we don't know the specific powers of the Defias, do we? They may all have the same rolename, but that has NO indication of their abilities - both Defias flips have been flavorname and alignment only. Smargaret could've easily been the roleblocker, but we'd have no way of knowing it. That completely breaks Reck's argument for confirmed town status.
Not like it matters to me but at least things make more sense now.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Regarding flavor: Van Cleef is the head of the Defias peeps, so no, I think he's just another member of the mafia.
green shirt thursdays
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Antihero »

Parama wrote:Reck claims action on Sathoris
Reck claims all actions used up
Fullclaim - claims an extra action but NOT the one he claimed to use on Sathoris

In other news, I just realized something that might make things make more sense... we don't know the specific powers of the Defias, do we? They may all have the same rolename, but that has NO indication of their abilities - both Defias flips have been flavorname and alignment only. Smargaret could've easily been the roleblocker, but we'd have no way of knowing it. That completely breaks Reck's argument for confirmed town status.
Not like it matters to me but at least things make more sense now.
Well, no, since I think I was RBed last night (inhim still has to answer my question though).

Reck, did your kill ever end up getting used?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah, it got blocked when I tried to shoot Kairyuu.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”