A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

unvote

Not ready for day to end.

Maybe we should consider lynching zdenek. Reducing the deaths at night could be nice. I don't see him as town at all, there's no way a townie goes bulletproof for the rest of the game. Remember the massclaim? We're already loaded.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Magua »

popsofctown wrote:
unvote

Not ready for day to end.

Maybe we should consider lynching zdenek. Reducing the deaths at night could be nice. I don't see him as town at all, there's no way a townie goes bulletproof for the rest of the game. Remember the massclaim? We're already loaded.
Who do you think Nexus roleblocked last night?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:35 am

Post by popsofctown »

zdenek

But maybe scum shot zdnek for good measure.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Day 5 votecount 2.

Setael (5) Shadow1psc, Magua, Hasdgfas, Danakillsu,Benmage

Zdenek (1) Setael

Not voting (7)Locke Lamora, LynchMePls, Zdenek, Twilight Sparkle, DrippingGoofball, Bunnylover, popsofctown

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
*No one is due a prod
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:06 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Eddard Stark: is the order in which the deaths appear (e.g., Nexus coming first) relevant?

Disclaimer: I haven't spoken to the other ponies since challenge-time, so this post is 100% Mina.

I'd started a response to Magua on D4 before rushing out to work, but when I got back, the thread had already been locked. Now I'm debating whether I should post what I had written once I finish. Much of it isn't relevant today, because it was mostly blasting him for arguing there's no SK. But the fact that his logic was so contorted in the first place is a point against him.

I'm glad that other people are seeing what I did, but question to all those who think Setael and Magua are scumbuddies. Why didn't you vote for Setael AND Magua to lose the challenge, and just lynch Thor today?

Actually, wait. No one hammer yet. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone would openly admit to having defied the plan.
Benmage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Setael is probably scum with Magua.
I couldn't agree more.
Actually, my theory is that Magua is the SK. Why? Aside from that I've found his interactions re: the existence of an SK and the execution of his claim very phony, I think it's likely Nexus RB'd Zdenek again, given he followed orders last time (perhaps Kast was double-killed on N3, or the SK targeted Twilight Sparkle). Also, I can believe Magua as diddin's killer, and some of his scumhunting has felt genuine. He's definitely played a great game if he's group scum.

This is my personal list:

Benmage
DrippingGoofball
Bunnylover
popsofctown
Hasdgfas

Shadow1psc
Locke Lamora
LynchMePls (if Magua flips town, I would drop him to the bottom list)

Twilight Sparkle (Not sure where to put us, because we're town, but even I think we should go before LYLO)

danakillsu
Zdenek
Magua

Setael

Have to go, but more coming later.

~Mina
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Faraday »

I can't post from the right account, I have a small brain.

ALSO 15 minutes from first episode of A Game of Thrones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZJpX4AdAM
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

God fucking damn it.
Twilight Sparkle wrote:
Eddard Stark: is the order in which the deaths appear (e.g., Nexus coming first) relevant?
It has no game relevance, if that is what you mean.
War has arrived!

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Magua »

popsofctown wrote:zdenek

But maybe scum shot zdnek for good measure.
You can't think that Nexus rb'ed Zdenek *and* be advocating a Zdenek lynch at the same time.
Twilight Sparkle wrote:Actually, my theory is that Magua is the SK. Why? Aside from that I've found his interactions re: the existence of an SK and the execution of his claim very phony, I think it's likely Nexus RB'd Zdenek again, given he followed orders last time (perhaps Kast was double-killed on N3, or the SK targeted Twilight Sparkle). Also, I can believe Magua as diddin's killer, and some of his scumhunting has felt genuine. He's definitely played a great game if he's group scum.
I feel way less rage at being called the SK than scum.

I'm not the SK, but if I were, I could take a great deal of satisfaction out of the fact that would mean I shot 2 scum while you all have managed to lynch zero. Sadly, I can only claim to have shot 1 scum while you all have lynched zero.

Also, if I'm scumbuddies with Setael, then that means that I bussed D1 (Diddin), D3 (Setael), D4 (Setael), and D5 (Setael). This would make me the best partner ever.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Magua wrote: Also, if I'm scumbuddies with Setael, then that means that I bussed D1 (Diddin), D3 (Setael), D4 (Setael), and D5 (Setael). This would make me the best partner ever.
I hear that's really good strat for powerrole.scumteam
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

vote: Setael

Maybe the scum no kill happened after all.
"Well, I..."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Magua »

popsofctown wrote:I hear that's really good strat for powerrole.scumteam
It's the best when 3 of your team have been killed by D3.
popsofctown wrote:
vote: Setael

Maybe the scum no kill happened after all.
What are you talking about? What "no kill"?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

zdenek theorized a scum no kill to explain why nexus's roleblock earlier in the game successful reduced the number of night deaths.
"Well, I..."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:02 am

Post by LimMePls »

Magua wrote:
Bunnylover, LynchMePls:
What happens if your target is hit by more than one killer?
It explicitly says "one or more". So I would protect them as long as there is at least 1 kill attempt on them.
Magua wrote:I have large doubts that an SK would claim a kill D2 unprovoked. I have further doubts that an SK would expand on their claim D4 in a way that moves to clear someone (Zdenek) under suspicion. Easy enough to have kept his claim as a one-shot vig. Reading LMP, I feel the same motivations with what I wanted to do -- having used his power, he wanted to make himself a target to the mafia and get shot.
DING DING DING. We have a winner. This is why I was irritated when you pushed me D3 to claim more of my role. I figured the best I could do once I was out of shots was draw an NK from scared scum.

2468 was not bad until...
Though I'm happy with a Magua lynch, I think the SK should be lynched today. Magua likely has at least one scum buddy still alive so as long as the SK is alive, there will likely be 2 kills every night until we lynch Zdenek.
Where it becomes obvious that now he just wants to fling mud everwhere and see where it sticks. The Zdenek vote is a clear "I don't really believe in my Magua stuff, I'm just saying it to explain my picking Magua yesterday. I know there are some who might vote Zdenek instead of me, so I'm voting there to save my ass".
Setael wrote:Did you read my post shadow? Please explain how you can discount magua's scumminess so easily.
Awesome with his 2468 and his picked Magua to be his champion, but his vote today for Zdenek. Every play Setael makes is "let me live!"

Vote: Setael
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

remind me to second faraday's title about posting with his alt posting mistakes.
"Well, I..."
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Day 5. Last Votecount.

Setael (7) Shadow1psc, Magua, Hasdgfas, Danakillsu,Benmage, popsofctown, LynchMePls

Zdenek (1) Setael

Not voting (5) Locke Lamora, Zdenek, Twilight Sparkle, DrippingGoofball, Bunnylover.

13 alive left 7 for majority.

The Young Wolf

Robb stood up. It was time to finish this, he had escaped via trial by combat yesterday but knew it was only a temporary reprieve. A man must face death with honour afterall. He'd made his peace and may the old gods of the North protect him now. It was time to avenge his father. Lannister blood would be spilled today.

Robb felt calm. He was a Stark of Winterfell. Winter was coming but he would not see it. He was The King in the North. He would die today. A man had to be realistic about these things.

Robb walked across through the stables. Here he met his first challenge of the day. A member of the Kingsguard stood in front of him. This would be interesting.

'Who goes there' the man asked, hand on sword.

'Who demands to know' Robb asked standing in front of the man.

'I am Ser Boros Blount and of the Kingsguard pup, who are you to speak to me as such?' the man said angrily. Robb knew of him. Not such an interesting start then.

'I am Robb Stark, well met Ser Boros' and with this Robb drew his sword attacked. It was over quickly. The man was no true kingsguard. This was not Ser Arthur Dayne, this was not even the Kingslayer. Robb left his dead body on the ground not even looking back. A man such as that didn't deserve any honour in death.

He strode in to the hall and let out a blood curdling scream. 'My name is
Inigo Montoya
Robb Stark, you killed my father now prepare to die'

A couple of people rushed at him but he cut them down without thinking. These were soft men and not of the North. His father was right, a Northern man was worth 10 of his southern counterparts at least. This was for Ned Stark, this was for Robert Baratheon who was slain on the throne by the treacherous Lannisters.

Robb saw the Lord of Highgarden try to escape and cut him down. This was war, honour could only carry him so far. Mace Tyrell had joined the Lannisters, he was an enemy. He was now dead. Men and women scrambled to escape the Wolf King's fury and a eerie silence took over the hall.

Then as a man walked in. 'I am Ser Bronn, you may have heard of my feats on the Blackwater' he said a grin on his face. 'I have heard you need a challenge'

Robb shrugged. 'The Blackwater was not my concerne, and for the moment neither is Stannis Baratheon. It is Lannister blood I want. You shall do for the moment, a wolf beats a dog any time.'

Bronn grinned, an almost wolfish grin. And they both came together. Bronn was surprisingly quicker, but Robb held the advantage when it came to strength and beat the man back. Still he knew he couldn't drag this out, this man was good, perhaps even better than him. Robb continued his onslaught. Blow after bloiw struck the sellsword's sword but to no avail, untill the man slipped.

As Robb kicked the sword away the door burst open. 'Fire' he heard a man say as 10 goldcloaks unleashed arrows. They struck him in the chest and a pain like no other overcame him. He fell to his knees crying out.

He watched in agony as the man named Bronn regained his footing. 'Well met Wolf, but Lannister gold wins out again' he said. 'No winter for you young wolf' the man whispered, almost sadly, and the last thing Robb saw was the man's sword as it came across his throat.

Setael -
Robb Stark(KING IN THE NORTH) - Modified Ascetic Godfather
was Lynched day 5.

Night 5 begins. 72 hours for actions.
War has arrived!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Bronn

The mod was having trouble with flavour when who walked in but Bronn. he said 'I'm ready to become a POV character, I got this'

Bronn walked down the street like a fucking badass. Sword at hip he just oozed swagger. Whores came out to whistle at him and he delivered one liners that had them begging for more. Bronn, aka supreme badass overlord was in King's Landing. He'd killed Robb Stark (with some help of course but who cared) and now he was out to celebrate.

He walked into a bar and everyone just stood back. His coolness factor was off the charts. Ser Bronn of the Blackwater was a regular pimp, and indeed pimpin' or indeed 'Impin, aint east (macavitylock reference in my game, really?). He eyed them up and down. He could defeat them all. At once. Supreme confidence.

Anyway, then some messanger came and was like 'Hey bronn we need your mad skills up at the castle, 2 people died'

Bronn looked at him. 'Do you know who I am? I'm a fucking badass, I'm not going just tell me what happened'

And the guy said:

DrippingGoofball -
Ser Osmund Kettleblack - Lannister Aligned Brother
was killed night 5
Bunnylover -
Grandmaester Pycelle - Lannister Aligned Doctor
was killed night 5

No, there's no refunds for such awful flavour. I'm not up that long dealwithitdog.jpg.

Day 6 begins, with 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch. You have 2 weeks. I'll edit in a fancy counter thing later on.
War has arrived!

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:06 am

Okay, not to whine, but we are not at all in a good position anymore.

Let's say there were six Starks and one SK at the outset (if there were five Starks, we're not in as much trouble). That means it's 7-2-1 right now.

If we lynch the SK, then we're at 7-2. I did the math, and that only leaves us one allowable mislynch.

If we lynch Mafia, then we're at 7-1-1. The next day, we are in a 5-1-1, with not a single mislynch allowed.

If we lynch town today, then we're at 6-2-1. If the SK is stupid and tries to take out a townie, then we're at 4-2-1. In that case, we lose even if we lynch Mafia tomorrow. If we lynch town, the SK is endgamed, and the Mafia win.

In other words, we have 0-1 mislynches left for the entire game (depending on whether we hit Mafia or the SK first).

Conclusion: massclaiming as early as we did (as well as pressuring someone like Nexus who wasn't even going to be lynched) was a fucking terrible idea (because I'm pretty sure Andrius, DGB, Bunnylover and Nexus would have all been alive right now otherwise), I was right and hito and Benmage were wrong, and I am going to link to this game the next time anyone bitches about how it's soooooo important that you claim your roles the moment you come under the slightest bit of suspicion for the "information."

Also, why the fuck did people vote for Thor to die over Setael AND Magua (to have immediate flips on the latter two as well as get a double lynch), if they thought both were scum, anyway?

Also also, give me a power role next time.

Also also also, can we please not end this day in twenty-four hours again?

Also also also also,
SK, ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION? IF WE MISLYNCH TODAY, YOU LOSE THE GAME UNLESS YOU TAKE OUT SCUM TONIGHT.

I think the safest bet is Zdenek--Setael flipping "Modified" makes Zdenek's role look much more like it's scum-aligned. But the thing is, I don't think he's the SK anymore, simply because I don't see Nexus not blocking him on N5. And clearly the optimal move is to aim for the SK, first. Hang on, vote pending.

~Mina
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:21 am

Post by danakillsu »

vote: Bunnylover

You've played scummy all game and you weren't even on the Setael wagon. Bad bunny.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:28 am

hito, please post a reaction picture to that.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:52 am

danakillsu wrote:

You've played scummy all game and you weren't even on the Setael wagon. Bad bunny.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:05 am

Post by hasdgfas »

danakillsu wrote:

*cackles maniacally*
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:13 am

Actually, snarky comments, even if you don't treat dana's snafu as a towntell, he's very likely town. Still haven't ISO'd Setael, but dana's side in their interactions was pretty relentless. He basically tunnels on Setael all game, and it doesn't really feel like distancing. And unlike LMP, I really didn't think there was anything that bad about dana's vote for Zdenek; it wasn't brilliant reasoning, but I see it as a very townish (albeit insecure) thought process to--when choosing between two lynch options--vote the one who thinks differently from you. I think LMP making a huge deal about "OMG THE INCONSISTENCY BECAUSE YOU DON'T THINK BENMAGE IS SCUM" was bad. I see some sloppiness in dana's ISO, but I don't particularly get the impression that he's pushing a scum agenda.

And Kast's investigation makes danakillsu really unlikely to be SK. So I'm removing him from my suspect pool.

Except I am very confused. Believe it or not, we actually aren't scum. No, seriously. We're not. So who the fuck is left? Zdenek (who did attack diddin early on, although that and his MoI attack
could
have been distancing)? Maybe Magua (whose outrage at being called Stark does feel like he's SK at worst)? LMP (who has been wrong about almost everything all game, but whose tunneling on Feysal and fishing for a NK felt really genuine)? LL as the SK (his play has been very lacklustre this game, but it would be semi-bastard modding giving he has a lyncher with his name confirmed)? Shadow, who'd have been inexplicably given a wedding-planner ability as scum? (Maybe with a restriction that he couldn't put all his scumbuddies together, but his posts seemed very genuine in the wedding QT.)

Also, can I just say again what a terrible idea massclaiming was? No, seriously. As was Benmage fucking announcing in the thread, "Bunnylover, PROTECT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" and giving the scum pointers on which confirmed player to take out.

GTG now. Tempted to vote Zdenek, because I'm pretty sure he's some flavour of scum (for the record, if he flips Stark, I'm declaring ourselves confirmed non-Stark based on how D2 went down), but aah, it might be better to gamble on there being six Starks and hitting the SK today. I really want to take things slow right now.

~Mina
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:41 am

Post by danakillsu »

Actually,
unvote vote: Magua

Isn't it true that the safest place for him to be in the duel as scum would be as Setael's champion? There was no way we were voting for Thor to win that fight. It does bear investigation.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

Hasgdfas, just for the sake of it, did you hear from me last night?

I disagreed with massclaiming ftr.

Lynchmepls sticks out to me as a good lynch. Genuine tunneling on a townie shouldn't be counted to heavily for someone, I've learned that the hard way.
"Well, I..."
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

popsofctown wrote:Hasgdfas, just for the sake of it, did you hear from me last night?
*nods*
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”