havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:30 am

Post by havingfitz »

Pine wrote:Result is directly above your post. It was intended to be part of Post 3.
Since this post you have posted 14 times in three other games. And have logged in as recently as 5.5 hours ago i.e. five hours after your last post in here and 8.5 hours after you stated you were an hour away from your part two. :shifty:

Tick Tock.....
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:27 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

havingfitz wrote:
Pine wrote:Result is directly above your post. It was intended to be part of Post 3.
Since this post you have posted 14 times in three other games. And have logged in as recently as 5.5 hours ago i.e. five hours after your last post in here and 8.5 hours after you stated you were an hour away from your part two. :shifty:

Tick Tock.....
As Pine is apparently bluffing about having a defense and was apparently bluffing about having a "voided is town" argument ready yesterday I suggest we ignore them as confirmed scum and focus on other players for a while. There's a lot of day left for us to get information with and focusing so much on Pine, when we already know we'll lynch him doesn't seem to have that much point. He seems to have pretty much given up on surviving here.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Setael »

tarsonisocelot wrote:Setael: Could you comment on Idiotking's play?
Obviously I'm biased since I know he was town. I disagreed with his logic about the initial Voided wagon, as I mentioned. Nothing else stood out to me much.

What's your read on chkflip?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

Votecount 2.2

chkflip (0) -
Pine (5) - Setael, P.T. Barnum, mikemike778, tarsonisocelot, Nachomamma8
neil1113 (1) - Bub Bidderskins
P.T. Barnum (0) -
Bub Bidderskins (0) -
mikemike778 (0) -
Setael (1) - chkflip
tarsonisocelot (0) -
Cecily (0) -
havingfitz (0) -
Nachomamma8 (1) - Pine

not voting (3): Cecily, havingfitz, neil1113

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1 is
Friday, April 22nd at 11:59PM EST
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Mikemike seems like a terrible tracker choice. I've never played as a tracker before, but I assume that you would want to target somebody who you thought was scum to try and get them targetting the night kill. Right?

Pine: Why mikemike and not a scum suspect?
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:55 am

Post by mikemike778 »

tarsonisocelot wrote:Ok, I've been thinking about doing this for a while and I think it's a good decision because right now the alternative seems to be just lynching Pine then starting on tomorrow after someone else is nightkilled. I think that giving town a real incentive to use the full length of the day to discuss should give us more of a chance to draw out scum responses and that this will do that.

I am a One-shot vigilante. I am willing to shoot whoever the town thinks is the most scummy besides Pine by a democratic choice in night 2.
If you want me to count you as voting for someone to be shot tonight, put NightVote:playername in the last line of any post in normal text (unvotes likewise).
The decision will be made if any player has a)more than 50% of the votes, or b) significantly more votes than their nearest contender.

Given a Pine lynch seems pretty much a sure thing following his voided hammer and subsequent abandonment of the thread, this should give us a reason to extend the day as long as possible.
Well the problem with that is that scum may be able to intefere with your kill, not a good idea to discuss who you are planning to target (if you aren't telling fibs that is). Us naming names isn't the way to go ... use the info available to make your own mind up. This doesn't clear TO completely as scum could themselves have an extra kill one night but TO seems pretty risk averse to me - the way the game's gone so far, I don't see her fake claiming this.

Pine is obviously going to be the lynch for today ... was probably still trying to fabricate his story when he was rushed into revealing it before he was ready (he hadn't got to the bit about who he was going to track yet it seems).

Nontheless plenty of time no rush, we can wait a bit for his second and third posts before rushing anything.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 am

Post by havingfitz »

Pine has posted a shitload of times over the last 3-4 hours. He is toast. The only thing stopping me from hammering is fleshing out what to do with TO's claim. I've made my cases...like them or not...on Cecily and neil. I think Nacho still warrants consideration as well. I have not read over Setaels posts in detail so I'm not sure where I stand on her....though I did suspect IK. If someone has even less patience than I do and hammers Pine then you should pick your strongest suspect TO and not allow scum to try and deflect your suspicions to their benefit.

tl:dr;
Pine is scum and TO do what you have to do.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Requesting a pause on that hammer.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Setael »

unvote
, just to make sure no one hammers.

I'd like to hear more from chkflip before the day is over.
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Setael wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:Setael: Could you comment on Idiotking's play?
Obviously I'm biased since I know he was town. I disagreed with his logic about the initial Voided wagon, as I mentioned. Nothing else stood out to me much.

What's your read on chkflip?
Thanks for the answer.

I got nothing from andrew except that fitz had a good idea about policy lynching him and I don't want to play a game with him on my side.

Yesterday chkflip tunnelled on voided. All of their posts longer than 4 lines had "voided is scum" as the main point, though they did FOS fitz and HOS cecily and ask a question of neil in the first long post.
chkflip wrote:Pine is L-1, right? That's pretty fast. Still reading, will have something to say shortly.
On Sunday.
We have yet to hear anything from them since aside from 2 votes not accompanied by reasons.

FOS: chkflip
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Rhinox, what result would a tracker receive if he targetted a PR who targetted player A, but that PR was roleblocked? No result, or...?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Rhinox, what result would a tracker receive if he targetted a PR who targetted player A, but that PR was roleblocked? No result, or...?
I'm not sure if you could ask such a role specific question... 1. That would be to assume that there was indeed a Tracker. If said tracker is real, that's one thing. But if it's false claim, what do you expect Rhinox to say? Oh I don't know, there's not a tracker in this game? Lol... just giving you a heads up.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

This is all hypothetical, neil. I am in no way referring to the game, or asking this question because of an influence of the game.

If it's a false claim, I'll expect Rhinox to say "No comment." or "A tracker would still see the report, or a tracker would see nothing." Most mods are aware of roles, and are willing to tell you how they would interact if they are in the game. For example, cops in my newbie games will always receive a "mafia/not mafia result", and I'd tell the players in the game that regardless of whether there's a cop or not.

tl;dr: Let me work :P

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Cool...Pine has a little breathing room. I have not enjoyed exercising restraint and now that it is not the hammer....

VOTE: Pine

exhaaaaaaaaaaaaaale......that's better. :D

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
A tracker would not see the PR target anyone in this scenario.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Cecily »

havingfitz wrote:Cool...Pine has a little breathing room. I have not enjoyed exercising restraint and now that it is not the hammer....

exhaaaaaaaaaaaaaale......that's better. :D
You definitely just went back to what made me think you were scummy in the first place... I understand that we all want Pine lynched. I will be very happy if I get to hammer, but we do still have at least a week left in this day and I don't see what the whole mentality of voting asap just to make sure you were a part of the unanimous decision is all about. Since you've done it with everybody now I'm not going to go back and call you scum again, I'm just saying that it's instances like this that make me question just exactly what your intentions are.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:18 am

Post by chkflip »

OMG the worst stomach flu. Catching up.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Okay, there's quite literally no reason to leave Pine alive anymore.
chkflip, you better hammer when you're all caught up.

Good shots:
Neil, Ceily, chkflip (who's posted less than I am, I think).
Listed in order of goodness.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Pine »

Yeah, there really isn't. I fucked up royally, and there's absolutely no way I'm going to talk my way out of this, and I'd rather deny you the rest of the discussion time.

Apologies to my scum partners.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

neil1113 wrote:
UNVOTE: TO

Pine was indeed suspicious, but it has since the beginning, and still is sounding like a townie that may have messed up and is now getting called out on it. Pine's defense did nothing to sway my opinion, but rather furthered it. I'm not sure exactly where to go from here, and I think I have a lot to be rereading on now. I apologize for my lack of activity.
/inb4 lock.
Neil is seriously waffling on Pine at this point.

TO TAKE THE SHOT. FOR JUSTICE.

Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Setael »

I'm frustrated with fitz for putting him at L-1 when I was very clear about WHY I unvoted.

I am the obvious NK after my case on pine. If I die, look seriously at chkflip. He's likely pine's scum buddy after his posts today. Based on pine's obvious belief that there are only 2 scum, we're likely looking at scum with PRs and a traitor.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Setael »

I also think the reason pine self hammered was to keep his buddy from having to comment on him. *cough chkflip cough*
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Rhinox »

mod scene coming soon.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Final Votecount of Day 2

chkflip (0) -
Pine (6) - P.T. Barnum, mikemike778, tarsonisocelot, Nachomamma8, havingfitz, Pine
neil1113 (1) - Bub Bidderskins
P.T. Barnum (0) -
Bub Bidderskins (0) -
mikemike778 (0) -
Setael (1) - chkflip
tarsonisocelot (0) -
Cecily (0) -
havingfitz (0) -
Nachomamma8 (0) -

not voting (3): Cecily, neil1113, Setael

Pine has been lynched!

It was barely mid-day. After a morning of the typical accusations, you go your separate ways for lunch. One of you decides to take the time to spy on
Pine
, see what he's up to. Surprisingly, Pine was showing a particularly suspicious interest in the wrecking ball that has been wrecking havok on the town. The alarm is quickly sounded, and you all rush over and surround Pine.

"I was... I was just trying to figure out how to stop it," he protests! "I have secret poweres to do these things!"

"Oh yeah?", someone asks. "If you thought you knew how to stop it, why didn't you tell us sooner?"

As the townsfolk turn to ignore Pine and talk amongst themselves, no one sees Pine pull the wrecking ball remote control out of his pocket. "Screw it," Pine laments. "They'll get no more out of me."

Pine turns to the town and exclaims, "I'm not sorry for what I've done. Or... what I'm ABOUT TO DO!" With a press of a single button, a loud crack is heard, and the wrecking ball falls out of the sky, landing directly on Pine's head.

You don't bother to wonder whether Pine ended his own life, or if the machine suffered an unfortunate malfunction. He was MAFIA, and he was gone. You all spend the rest of the day celebrating. You light Pine's house ablaze, and roast marshmellows over the glowing embers. Night falls, and you all head off to bed wondering, is this the end of the MAFIA in this neighborhood?

Pine
, Mafia Goon,
Crushed
Day 2

It is now Night 2. Night actions due
Saturday, April 16th at 11:00PM EST
. If your role PM allows you to talk at night, you may do so now.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

The way things have been going, you kind of figured it wasn't going to be a quiet night.
neil1113
certainly wasn't expecting to get any sleep. He lay awake in bed, wondering if he would make it through the night.

He sprung to life at the sound of glass breaking once, twice, then a third time. He rushes down stairs to find that someone has thrown through his window some burning planks of wood from the bonfire at pine's house the night before, and the flames have already engulfed the first floor of his house cutting off his exits. He runs back up stairs and shuts the bathroom door behind him. He gets in the shower and turns on the water - smart move, stops the flames, but doesn't stop the smoke which is entering the room around the cracks in the door. He's got one option left - jumping from the second story window. The fall wouldn't be pleasant, but it wouldn't kill him. Without thinking, he took a leap - right into his giant rose bush, the white pedals now stained red with blood. Just a couple weeks ago the landscapers put it in. Stupid mistake. It's like being wrapped in barbed wire - every move neil makes to free himself only digs the thorns in deeper. He screams, but there is no one to answer his call for help. Slowly, the life drains out of him, and everything goes black.

neil1113
, Vanilla Town,
Shredded
Night 2.

Across the cul-de-sac,
tarsonisocelot
is pouring himself a glass of Jack, on the rocks. Well, almost a glass - he had been working on the bottle all night and there wasn't but a swallow left. It's bright in the kitchen, but the lights are out. The flames pouring out of neil's house now are lighting up world like its mid day. tarsonis stumbles over to the door and opens it to check out the devastation - instead he finds himself staring down the barrel of some kind of pistol. A shot rings out, and tarsonis falls. Somehow, it doesn't kill him right away. He was fading in and out of consciousness as he was drug back into his house. He recognizes the familiar odor of the cool liquid that burns is skin - Gasoline. He sees the flash of bright orange and then the burn as flames engulf his body. It the worst pain he would ever feel, but the part of his brain that should care is already shutting down. He thought he recognized who it was standing over his burning body for just a second, but the light went out before he could even feel surprised.

tarsonisocelot
, Town 1-shot Vigilante,
Burnt to a crisp
Night 2.

The rest of you wake up to the devastation. Most of you are just glad it wasn't you. But a thought weighs heavy on your mind. In tarsonis' front yard, another message has been scorched into the lawn:

HOW MANY MORE HAVE TO DIE?

Well?

It is now Day 3. Deadline for day 3 will be
Sunday, May 1st at Noon EST

With 8 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”