chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 am

Post by chkflip »

Sudo is L-2.

AGar, I'm fairly certain SocioPath is talking about keeping me around because he thinks, for lack of a better way to put it, I'll "buss my buddies."

Bob, I love you too? You're the one that inspired me the most.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Hi.
V/LA through the weekend.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Fate »

If that Sudo wagon doesn't get back here THIS FUCKIN SECOND I will double this thread by the end of the week-end.

I'll find a fuckin way.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

Is that a town read on Sudo, or stronger scum read on NS, or just ragehate at his superbad VLA timing?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Fate »

2/3 correct
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

Which 2/3rds? Because I don't find the superbad V/LA viable as it is being site wide and is null methinks.
And if you have a town read on Sudo...I dunno, I'll need to hear that clearly stated because I am waaaaay too dumb to see it.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Fate »

The 2/3 that would be obvious if you were reading my posts.
Punkin
Punkin
Goon
Punkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Punkin »

AGar wrote:I get SP's logic, strangely. But it's bad in this case.

Assuming he means that Sudo is going to lead us to others. Disagree.
Pretty sure he was talking about Chk, not Sudo.

Voting dynamics suggest that Sudo is town, NS is scum, and there is 1-2 scum among Chk/Llama/AGar/Oman/CES. I need to look something up which will help me narrow this down.

Mod: VC pretty please?
Punkin
Punkin
Goon
Punkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Punkin »

I wrote:Voting dynamics suggest that Sudo is town, NS is scum, and there is 1-2 scum among Chk/
Llama
/AGar/Oman/
CES
Narrowed.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Punkin wrote:
Mod: VC pretty please?
Really? You can't follow a simple string of Sudo votes on your own?

By my count he is at L-2. You're welcome.

Your voting dynamics list is intriguing... could you go into the reasoning behind it at all?
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Fate wrote:If that Sudo wagon doesn't get back here THIS FUCKIN SECOND I will double this thread by the end of the week-end.

I'll find a fuckin way.
if you do this not only will I push for your policy lynch for the rest of the game without respite I will also blacklist you and encourage as many people as I can to blacklist you
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:15 am

Post by SocioPath »

Cyberbob wrote:if you do this not only will I push for your policy lynch for the rest of the game without respite I will also blacklist you and encourage as many people as I can to blacklist you
no get out
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Fate »

Threats don't work on me. NOR can you get me lynched this game.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Why isn't Sudo dead yet?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Plum »

Continuing: SocioPath seems kinda out of it and distant to the game in his posts, tonewise:
SocioPath wrote:LF doesn't seem as town as people are spouting.

Wagon on DH is good.

I like my vote.

The RVS is not a time frame, but a state of mind.
I'm unsure whether I'm neutral or hostile towards Crazy's unvote-vote-Sudo from the DH wagon when it was really strong. Then again, chkflip defending herp-derping SocioPath's stance on the DH wagon . .
chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: Llamafluff as I agree at least in the sense that Llama doesn't appear scummy yet.

My next post will have my first case of the game.
ORLY NONPOSTER LESSE YOUR NEXT POST IS
chkflip wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:Wait, what?

Talk about hypocricy.
VOTE: DemonHybrid

I know I said I was going to build a case, and by all means I still will if you'd like me to, but I think this post pretty much sums up DH's scummy attitude/behavior all into one. Not only is Socio's post not hypocritical in any sense, but it's painstakingly obvious that you're stretching your hands as far as you can to try to deflect this wagon off of you.

Side Note: I love how you whine at Fate for quadruple posting and then you up the ante. THAT'S hypocricy.

Back to why Socio's post is not hypocritical. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I come off scummy right off the bat in every single game I play. Something about my playstyle or the things I don't see that I somehow should... or something. It's gotten to the point that I'll go out of my way to reaction fish just so people have something to work from after they've mis-lynched me. A perfect example is the last game I played with Fate, PYP 4, where I was a Super Savior Townie. Why'd I pick that? Because people like to lynch me and I figured, what the hell, might as well play to that and get an opportunity to take out a scum hammer. Didn't think I'd be NK-bait. -_-
One line of fake apology for no promised case. Then case-substitute which misses the point of too much to be considered anything useful at all. Then points out something which isn't alignment-indicative on DH's part. Then a big WTH explanation of why Socio wasn't hypocritical which ends up talking about how scummy he can seem when he's town, so what the heck? Yeah. No really, Chk, what the heck??

AGar's catchup post seems scum-forced (mostly because it was all
based
on the premise that DH was scum, to the point that a quarter of the meager content was about Crazy distancing badly from DH. Yeah, that's how real scumhunting goes. Uh huh). Do not like at all.
Sudo_Nym wrote:Before I start, I'd like to point out that Oman has yet to post. The game only started yesterday, so I'm not super worried yet, but I'd like an awareness made.
No. No no no and no again.

Oh.
Lucky
for us Chk feels the need to make good on his case promise. This ought to be good. It's very pretty, I'm sure. It doesn't change my opinion of Chk's approach to scumhunting in this game.
Sudo_Nym wrote:
@Sudo:
Still comfortable with your RV, huh? You've done three things in this game: (1) lulz Cthulu (2) defend self (3) sling mud at the lead wagon candidate. Is this how you normally play as town?
Yep. It's an RV, but I've not been too motivated to vote for anyone else, yet. I'd have voted DH, if he hadn't to L-2 so quickly. I'll UNVOTE: , if that helps you. [/quote]

What about the L-2ness made you hesitate, eh?
LlamaFluff wrote:Oh also its come to my attention that SP is probably scum.

Just saying.
Thumbs up.
AGar wrote:
Thor665 wrote:@AGar - please describe for me the type of player you believe DH is. To be specific would you call him more gut or detail oriented and do you think he plays more emotionally or logically?
I don't do meta. You're aware of this. Why are you fishing for a meta-read from me, might I ask?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Crazy

I don't buy into the "OMG DH freaked and replaced = obvtown" stance, so I'm not going to drop my suspicion there. But Crazy has been really trying to push himself against that DH wagon in a bizarre way. I don't like trying to debunk the wagon because the player is "too weird" to be scum. Bullshit. Find a real reason. And "intentionally" dropping a scumtell isn't good enough. You pushed weak reasoning against the wagon, but also decided then to not utilize your vote at all. Even now you're weakly nibbling around trying to find a wagon to get behind without doing anything yourself.

DH laid a shit trap that looked like scum trying to bait a god damned mislynch. He was wagonned because of it. He cracked under pressure and replaced out. What's telling about that at all? What's to say he's not scum freaking out about getting busted? Seriously, why is everyone just flipping "Yep, he's totes town," for that... Last I checked extreme emotion outbursts weren't a town-tell, and if they are I'll just freak out like that next time I get run up.
If you thought that at that point, and your reads hadn't changed since your only real post (that is, scum DH and Crazy, nothing stated on anyone else), why switch your vote onto Crazy for things Crazy had done before and you'd noted before? What changed?

Socio says nothing except weak exprerssions of psudeo-suspicion of Llama, decrying the switch to DH-Town view by much of the Town . . . I'm not seeing anything else here.

Hey Crazy questions AGar as I would/have in this post.
Oman wrote:
Plum wrote:I know Oman. 'S cool.\
Hey Plum-diggity, good to see you again.
And you, my friend.
AGar wrote: Wagon faded and everyone screamed obvtown. There's no town motivation to sit there and park my vote going "Oh, well shucks guys." I can't push a case on him that anyone will be convinced by at this point, because it mostly focuses on behavior people have already made there mind up on him for now. Instead, I've decided to push actively in a new direction to a player I think is also likely to be scum - you.
Not seeing it. Plenty of people still thought DH was viable and few if any had expressed much suspicion of Crazy at all.
Punkin wrote:
Crazy wrote: - if I
was
town and thought DH was town, what
should
I have done in that scenario?
This is someone who assumes themselves to NOT be town
Sigh.
Not
necessarily true.
Sudo_Nym wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:@Sudo - Current read on DH/Nacho slot. Go.
@Socio - You too.
Still scummy, to the point where I'll
vote: Nachomamma
, now that it isn't at L-1. Nachomamma's been alright so far, though, so I reserve the right to change my mind on the basis of goodposting from Nacho.
RAAAAAAGE at stupidvoting.
Papa Zito wrote:
Plum wrote:Damn
!
I'm sure I've said that in your presence before. Maybe I was in a dang phase when we were playing the Star Control games or something?
Nobody Special wrote:Nacho is lurking harder than me. I don't like that.
Fail. The whole post was kind of a fail, now that I think about it.
Punkin wrote:You seemed to understand that DH was claiming TARP! but you joined the wagon anyway, thereby buddying to the stronger of the two players. Don't think that I've forgotten what your scumplay is like, dear. Since then, you've also gotten points for lurking.
I thought it was something else which wasn't related to what you've seen of me as scum ;). To follow this path a little, my impression was that DH was claiming that he'd been expecting a reaction, but the phrasing regarding
not knowing
whom to vote for
in a group of strong players
mirrored some of the thoughts I've had as scum in the RVS and some things I've been tempted to post as scum in same (as it turned out, the reaction bait was apparently the votelessness of the thing, so :neutral:).
Cyberbob wrote:Liking Plum's points on chkflip but I still like Sudo or Socio more. Chkflip looks kind of plausibly like weak town ~*~Trying His Very Best~*~ to be a Good Player.
Maybe. Urgh, I hope not. My reservations with the chkflip wagon currently are that the people who prefer it over other decent-looking targets are scummeh and vice versa (in the way that I agree about the Crazy wagon being mediocre crud they seem to be uninterested in the CHK wagon, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something I should be seeing).
chkflip wrote:I've decided to slim my posts down because it seems to be the common consensus that I'm dumbtown or overcompensating-scum, neither of which I like so I'm attempting to generate more concise and well thought posts.
OVERCOMPENSATING SCUM!!!!!

UNVOTE:

VOTE: NS

Best guess here. Hopefully I won't second-guess myself too much.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:49 am

Post by singersigner »

This is the last time I will post a votecount because someone says "pretty please." I have consistently given you a votecount once every 24 hours. Should I ever go beyond 48 hours without a votecount, feel free to ask then.

Votecount 1.8

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Punkin (0):
Cyberbob (0):
AGar (1): Zorblag
Nachomamma8 (2): SocioPath, Sudo_Nym
Oman (0):
Papa Zito (0):
SocioPath (0):
Sudo_Nym (8): Cyberbob, Thor665, chkflip, Punkin, LlamaFluff, AGar, Oman, Cogito Ergo Sum
Zorblag (0):
Thor665 (0):
Plum (0):
Fate (0):
chkflip (2): Nachomamma8, Nobody Special
Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Llamafluff (0):
Nikanor (0):
Crazy (1): Nikanor
Nobody Special (4): Crazy, Papa Zito, Fate, Plum

Not voting (0):

V/LA: Sudo_Nym 4/14-4/16
V/LA: AGar 4/15-4/17
V/LA: Nobody Special 4/14-4/17

Replacement pending for Zorblag.

Deadline is April 21st, 2011 at 7pm PST.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Plum wrote:ORLY
YARR RLY!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Punkin
Punkin
Goon
Punkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Punkin »

Thanks, singer.
<3

UNVOTE: Sudo
VOTE: Nobody Special

It's like tennis.
bob wrote:Really? You can't follow a simple string of Sudo votes on your own?
I can follow the votes on my own, and have been. However, if I live through a couple of days, I will be using a mod iso to track voting dynamics. Therefore I wanted a snapshot of Sudo's L-2 wagon before moving elsewhere.
bob wrote:Your voting dynamics list is intriguing... could you go into the reasoning behind it at all?
Nacho-Sudo dilemma broke up and the votes stayed spread out until the NS wagon started getting big. It became clear from dialogue that Sudo is the natural alternative to NS. When I saw Chk (who was not on the original Sudo wagon) jump on, I switched my vote to increase the momentum. Also my inspiration for asking SP (who has stated Sudo-town, Chk-scum) if he saw what I did. Anyway, two more new Sudo voters got caught up in the momentum shift.

Of course this is all speculation without cardflips to back it up. FTR, I am not weighting this as a VCA conclusion but, rather, as simple tells.
Last edited by singersigner on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

AGar wrote:You don't read, do you? Like the first two lines, specifically. The trap in itself wouldn't be the sole force behind a mislynch, I'm well aware of that. But the "trap" was, as I said, more likely to catch a town player by design. From there it's all in erosion. Anything that comes up from there on out that is even the slightest bit imperfect is going to be persecuted with the fullest intent to lynch, using the "trap" as a cornerstone. A half-intelligent player should be able to look at this and see the obvious flaw from the get-go.
I'm still not seeing any of your reasoning. Shitty traps =/= scummy, just like shitty cases =/= scummy. DH didn't pursue PZ with the fullest intent to lynch. And if the flaw of his trap was so obvious, then why would he still set it? So he could catch a townie and have a place to put his random vote...?
chkflip wrote:Nacho, why did you end this post with the same thing you started this one with?

You are so dumb.
You are really dumb.
For real.
I'm just going to leave this here in its quoted glory for a little while before explaining why that was a stupid question.
chkflip wrote:Honestly though, why do you care so much? I notice Punkin voted me in the same time frame aswell but didn't get anal retentive when I didn't comment on it. Besides, wtf am I supposed to say to your vote? "Oh, so you think those posts are scummy. Neat."
Why do I care? Because I'm not going to be able to read you if you ignore me.
Punkin and I aren't the same player, so I'm missing your point.
As for how you should've responded, "Why?" is a damn good start. Town should wonder why people are finding them scummy, but scum don't worry about extracting reasons in fear of digging their own graves.
singersinger wrote:This is the last time I will post a votecount because Punkin says "pretty please." I have consistently given you a votecount once every 24 hours. Should I ever go beyond 48 hours without a votecount, feel free to ask then.
The rest of us have been good boys and girls, so remove all doubt.
Mod <3s you.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Punkin
Punkin
Goon
Punkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Punkin »

Nacho wrote:that was a stupid question
I noticed too and chuckled.

How is asking for VCs bad? Singer can say no or ignore me if she wants to.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

It's not bad, I was just shoving all of the blame specifically on you so I didn't get my votecount-requesting privilege revoked because of you :)
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Punkin
Punkin
Goon
Punkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Punkin »

Blame accepted then.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by chkflip »

Nacho wrote:Town should wonder why people are finding them scummy, but scum don't worry about extracting reasons in fear of digging their own graves.
I didn't say you weren't on my mind. Obviously I noticed you and even Punkin as I've already mentioned, but I'll avoid another one of your quote wall fiestas and just answer the original question that's of so much importance.

No, I don't care about your one vote, Nacho. Comes with how I "dumb town" the game; honestly, I'm more concerned if I
don't
have a couple votes on me. Your vote alone, just a bunch of quotes, no that doesn't mean anything to me. I don't know what you're getting at there. Are you saying they're anti-town? Scum motivated? Too dumb to think that's right? Bullshit fluff? I can't respond to a vote with a bunch of quotes. So I'm not going to. Tell me why you think I'm scum and I'll respond to that to the best of my "dumb town" abilities.

Yes, I mentioned Oman because I had a giggle over the fact that he came back and further nailed my point in NS being at zero content even further into the coffin. Yes I did. I did find that more interesting to talk about than your quote vote. What I don't understand is why you're hacksawing/tunneling so hard on such a mundane fact.

I didn't attack the busser, I just stated a theory that's in my head. Don't put words in my mouth.

"Big walls for town cred" said Nachopot to Chkettle.

I unvoted Nobody Special because I found more merit in lynching active Crazyscum than lurker NScum. Where did I say I was unvoting because he promised content? I've already said I'm trying to slim them down, so I really have nothing else to say of that point.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Flakanor is being flaky again. Please make him stop. :(
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!

Return to “Completed Open Games”