YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

Lord Fonzi wrote: 5) Can people stop calling this hydra 'Fonz' especially when it is obviously Gurgi posting, ie the end of yesterday?
Well, I'm not going to call you guys "Lord". ;)
Profane Confusion wrote:
vote: Frogito Ergo Sum

I'd like to see a claim. Not really sure how FES escaped without providing one Yesterday. I'd also like to use this Day to get better reads on my jumbled up peeps.

Lord Fonzi, you used 3 twice. Also could you elaborate more on why FD looks worse after Yesterday? I'm not really seeing that right now. Finally, 6 seems fairly obvious, but I guess we can wait for the fairly mute Unicorn to answer on their own behalf.
Incog, do you think that FES refusing to claim at lynch -1 was a scumtell?
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Profane Confusion »

YosFlavouredCayke wrote:Incog, do you think that FES refusing to claim at lynch -1 was a scumtell?
No, I just found the vote movement from an FES wagon to what we now know to be a GummyBear-town wagon really really strange. It's the kind of vote movement I might expect to happen after a player claims a PR or does something obviously townish but FES didn't claim anything at all and certainly didn't look obviously townish. During the remainder of the Day, FES only seemed to respond to stuff directed at them and completely lacked any amount of proactiveness.
Cellar door.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by Frogito Ergo Sum »

Profane Confusion wrote:I'd like to see a claim. Not really sure how FES escaped without providing one Yesterday.
:? Why are you this claim-focused?

Vote: Spot

Profane Confusion wrote:Unicorns, did you guys ever confirm your complete identities? Also, who is Copper made up of?

- Incog
UB should be ReaperCharlie, tanstalas, Fritzler, Stefunny, Kise and Kaleidoscope. Copper is anonymous and its anonymity predates this game, so I doubt they'll tell us who they are.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:07 am

Frogito Ergo Sum wrote::? Why are you this claim-focused?
'cause my vote places you at L-2, I think you stand the strongest chance of being scum, and I suspected that you'd likely reach L-1 soon based on the people who voted you Yesterday.

What made you hammer Gummybear? I don't really recall you commenting much on that wagon as it was forming, and I don't see you mention anywhere that you found them scummy either.

- Incog
Cellar door.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:21 am

In that post you seemed more concerned with me claiming than getting me lynched. This post isn't much better.
Profane Confusion wrote:What made you hammer Gummybear? I don't really recall you commenting much on that wagon as it was forming, and I don't see you mention anywhere that you found them scummy either.
Shanba and I both felt the wagon was worthwhile due to the way they responded to the wagon and the deadline was ~7 minutes away.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:33 am

Basically, since smargaret and I just replaced in last week, we've set forth a bunch of goals for ourselves for Today. Those include trying to figure out whether or not our scum read of you is accurate (imo that includes getting a claim from you since you're undoubtedly going to be on the chopping block anyway), trying to develop reads on our non-reads like Balam, the Unicorns, Copper, and for me specifically, Lord Fonzi (smargaret seems to be leaning town on LF currently), and trying to lynch scum. Hopefully that explains my intentions for asking for a claim more clearly.

Frogito Ergo Sum wrote:Shanba and I both felt the wagon was worthwhile due to the way they responded to the wagon and the deadline was ~7 minutes away.
See to me this seems to indicate that you were observing the thread for awhile on Saturday but choosing not to say anything. I mean I doubt you just randomly popped up right on time just minutes before deadline for the hammer. If you're town, I don't really get why you wouldn't give input on the things that were happening while Gummy was at L-1. I could see why scum might do that though.
Cellar door.
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:40 am

Hmm. If he's scum, though, then wouldn't doing nothing and allowing a no-lynch, and letting Gummy be lynched the next day instead, have been more in his best interest?
Unicorn Brethren
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Unicorn Brethren »

@Mod: Prods on Final Destination/Balam please. Vote count please. Update the OP please.

No offense, but mod better please.

The day hasn't been open long enough for anyone to be prodded and what do you think the OP is missing?

In other news, we should all be voting who Greymarble suspected. He was dangerously close to being the towniest townie that ever towned. He was also last nights kill. Therefore, we should be following his lead. And who wins the prize?

YosFlavouredCayke,
GummyBear
, and Lord Fonzi.

One down, two to go. NK's are not nearly as much of WIFOM in a game like this. They would be relatively straightforward in choosing their kill targets. They'd kill who suspected them. So let's go with what Greymarble was saying.

I'm not sure who I want to vote for more, YFC or Fonzi. Meh, whatever. Scum=scum.

Unvote; Vote: YosFlavouredCayke

Make it happen sheriff.
A wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Vote Count:

Frogito Ergo Sum (2): DaSpot, Profane Confusion
DaSpot (1): FES
YosFlavouredCayke (1): Unicorn

Not Voting: YosFlavouredCayke, Copper, Lord Fonzi, Balam, Final Destination.

Deadline is May 1st @ 19:00 EST
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:37 pm

So people UB thinks are scum/worth lynching, according to today's posts only:

YFC
Lord Fonzi
Copper
FD
FES

UB, are your heads communicating at all? Did you realize you have more scum reads than non-scum reads? Do you even have town reads at this point?
Cellar door.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:02 pm

That was smargaret, btw.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:Hmm. If he's scum, though, then wouldn't doing nothing and allowing a no-lynch, and letting Gummy be lynched the next day instead, have been more in his best interest?
Not necessarily. I know the times that I've been scum, I've always have much rather had the sure mislynch the Day it's available than wait another Day for a time that I wouldn't even be guaranteed to have that same mislynch opportunity again. Towns can be fickle sometimes.

@MOD:
Well, for instance, you haven't edited Profane Confusion as a replacement yet.

- Incog
Cellar door.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Profane Confusion wrote:
Frogito Ergo Sum wrote:Shanba and I both felt the wagon was worthwhile due to the way they responded to the wagon and the deadline was ~7 minutes away.
See to me this seems to indicate that you were observing the thread for awhile on Saturday but choosing not to say anything. I mean I doubt you just randomly popped up right on time just minutes before deadline for the hammer. If you're town, I don't really get why you wouldn't give input on the things that were happening while Gummy was at L-1. I could see why scum might do that though.
We were around at the time, but we weren't particularly motivated to get a proper post up.
Profane Confusion wrote:Not necessarily. I know the times that I've been scum, I've always have much rather had the sure mislynch the Day it's available than wait another Day for a time that I wouldn't even be guaranteed to have that same mislynch opportunity again. Towns can be fickle sometimes.
Did you notice that Gummybear offered to hammer itself?
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Unicorn Brethren wrote: In other news, we should all be voting who Greymarble suspected. He was dangerously close to being the towniest townie that ever towned. He was also last nights kill. Therefore, we should be following his lead. And who wins the prize?

YosFlavouredCayke,
GummyBear
, and Lord Fonzi.

One down, two to go. NK's are not nearly as much of WIFOM in a game like this. They would be relatively straightforward in choosing their kill targets. They'd kill who suspected them. So let's go with what Greymarble was saying.
So, why is this valid, but when I pointed out that the nightkill of Ether made Beaver look bad, you completely ignored it?

This is especially bad since the reason GreyMarble suspected me was that he thought I was scum with Gummybear since I was slow in voting them.

Now, the kill of Grey was bizarre. I mean, almost everyone said he was town, but still, I don't get it. I will say that the death of grey is one reason I didn't start off the day voting for Spot, like I'd intended to; Grey was a huge defender of Spot, and it'd be strange for Spot to kill Grey.

If Spot isn't scum, though, then I'm having a hell of a hard time figuring out who is. This whole game is so frustrating.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Frogito Ergo Sum wrote:We were around at the time, but we weren't particularly motivated to get a proper post up.
But motivated enough to hammer? lol.
Frogito Ergo Sum wrote:Did you notice that Gummybear offered to hammer itself?
Yes, and I had mentioned a couple of times that I thought Gummy's whole reaction to being at L-1 looked town. I'm assuming you're bringing this up in this case though because you're trying to say a you-scum could have just sat back and waited for the self-hammer. But like you said before the deadline was like 7 mins away and Gummy was nowhere in sight - kinda hard to self-hammer in that case, so I think what I said there still has some validity to it.

-~-~-~-~

Ftr, I didn't think Grey looked town, so I was surprised by the NK. I think Yos brings up a fair point though; it doesn't really make sense to use NK as a reason for a vote against Yos now but to completely ignore it in the case of Pathetric.

We need posts from our mutes. I've seen Fate, AGM, and Equinox around the site, so I don't understand why they're not posting yet.

- Incog
Cellar door.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Final Destination »

Frogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Copper wrote:FinalDestination is not getting lynched today. Even if he is scum, your vote is not helping to lynch scum. You VOTE: FES

We were reading the game during night. Check this out:

Frogito Ergo Sum wrote: We would compromise onto a daspot wagon.
Frogito Ergo Sum wrote: We would
compromise
onto a daspot wagon.
compromise
onto a daspot wagon.
Frogito Ergo Sum Today wrote:

There's no way FES is town. He just isn't. He has no direction, actual content, scumreads of any sorts. When he hammered GB me and AGM were like "welp.. guess she's flipping town."

Yesterday he had to "compromise" onto a spot lynch, today he starts pushing it ???? Because of ????

Let's look more in depth at that post:
Frankly none of our top suspects have a lot of votes.
We're not going to compromise onto a wagon we view as strictly worse than our current wagon unless we have some pressing reason to - either because we believe the pressure will give interesting reactions or because there's a deadline or because the wagon isn't that much worse than our current one.

We would compromise onto a daspot wagon.
Spot wrote:We may have been 3rd in the vote count for FES but who came up with that good as balls case? hmmm... oh right us.
If you're going to make this claim, back it up.

P.S. Yes, you were pushing the wagon.
Balam wrote:Frogito Ergo Sum, in post 450, you pointed out a number of things from DaSpotthatkillsu's behavior toward Unicorn Brethren early on Day 1. Would the possibility that those 3 posts you linked in the first paragraph came from 2 different heads make any difference to your read?
'
No, it makes no difference to our read. We actually discussed it together when discussing daspot and came to the conclusion that one head is probably backtracking for the other's awful position.

None of their top suspects had a lot of votes. This suggests that, us FD, are his TOP suspect. But today? After suspicion was placed on us by Fonzi or whomever because of GB's flip? He doesn't even so much as glance our direction.

FES needs death, soon.

[LULZ AGM APPROVED]
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:10 pm

We were reading the game during night. Check this out:

compromise
onto a daspot wagon.
compromise
onto a daspot wagon.

There's no way FES is town. He just isn't. He has no direction, actual content, scumreads of any sorts. When he hammered GB me and AGM were like "welp.. guess she's flipping town."

Yesterday he had to "compromise" onto a spot lynch, today he starts pushing it ???? Because of ????

Let's look more in depth at that post:
Frankly none of our top suspects have a lot of votes.
We're not going to compromise onto a wagon we view as strictly worse than our current wagon unless we have some pressing reason to - either because we believe the pressure will give interesting reactions or because there's a deadline or because the wagon isn't that much worse than our current one.

We would compromise onto a daspot wagon.
Spot wrote:We may have been 3rd in the vote count for FES but who came up with that good as balls case? hmmm... oh right us.
If you're going to make this claim, back it up.

P.S. Yes, you were pushing the wagon.
Balam wrote:Frogito Ergo Sum, in post 450, you pointed out a number of things from DaSpotthatkillsu's behavior toward Unicorn Brethren early on Day 1. Would the possibility that those 3 posts you linked in the first paragraph came from 2 different heads make any difference to your read?
'
No, it makes no difference to our read. We actually discussed it together when discussing daspot and came to the conclusion that one head is probably backtracking for the other's awful position.

None of their top suspects had a lot of votes. This suggests that, us FD, are his TOP suspect. But today? After suspicion was placed on us by Fonzi or whomever because of GB's flip? He doesn't even so much as glance our direction.

FES needs death, soon.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Lord Fonzi wrote: Sure. You're town, your top suspect is at L-1, someone else on the wagon and unvotes him and moves to another player who had a vote on him already. Do you a) Try to dissuade people from the counterwagon, re-iterating why the original target is still scummy or b) join the counterwagon?
FES had been at L-1 for what felt like weeks. No one was budging, no scum was bussing. He wasn't fakeclaiming. We were all just stalling out in LURKFEST. When Balam voted off FES onto Gummy, and another townread soon followed, me and AGM said "why the fuck not? Let's jumpstart this game."

We then pushed the fuck out of Gummy, who had been a liability all game long at that point. We do not regret our vote on the Gummy wagon, and felt that it generated plenty of information for use later on in the game.
The following posts were made consecutively:
FD wrote:WE"RE STICKIN TO FES

AND HE NEEDS TO BE LOCKED INT A CLAIM/HAMMERED.

LIKE WEVE BEEN SAYING FOR WHAT FEELS LIKE WEEKS.
FD wrote:Unvote:
Vote: Gummybear

HEheh

heHEHEHe

EHAHEHAEHAEHHAEHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"You guys cant lynch me I wasnt a main wagon all today >_>
<_<"

LYNCH IT WITH FIRE BABY

[NO ONE APPROVED]

Those two posts were made OVER 40 HOURS APART. Yeah, we jumped ship. Yeah we didn't have any ammo left to RAGE for a FES wagon. Why? Because he minimilastic scum postings, and there's only SO MANY FUCKIN TIMES we can yell "LYNCH FES HES OBVSCUM AND USELESS LYNCH FES AND KILL HIM NOW" before it just loses its appeal and it becomes apparent no one more will be convinced to vote/buss FES without further scummy posts or from FES or flips.

So we made flips. A flip on a lurker that had done sweet fuck all. A flip of Grey.

And here we are, STILL starting FES scum in the face. Now we have more of a case though. He comes right out the gate onto the easy lynch Spot, doesn't even so much as MENTION his scumread of us, nor comment on the wagon on him except to try and explain/defend his actions away.

UB read remains the same as it was: Moronic distraction calling everyone adn their sister scum so they can be "WE WERER IGHTZZZZZZZZZZ" at the end of the game or something. WELP I'll be sure to rub it in Reaper's face AGAIN that he fucked up his read on me.

[AGM Approved]
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:18 am

Post by Balam »

(AGar)

FoS: FinalDestination

This is not town play.

You've been all over the map so far, and it's not matching up with where you would be if you were town. You were exceedingly passive until called out on D1, unleashed some holy rage, and then went back to passive-ness. Same thing on D2. Start off slow, wait for a moment, launch full-throttle for FES's throat, then when the wagon gets it's needed steam, back to the backseat.

You are the definition of the uncomfortable complacency we felt on the FES wagon yesterday. Today, you are repeating similar behavior patterns.

I would vote you with a thousand furies right now, but there is something more pressing here that I need to bring to attention.

I'm going to go out on this one alone without even running it by Equi or RayFrost here - while we would love to see FD dead, I think it would be in our best interest to PL UB today. Being that tomorrow will likely be LYLO if we don't hit scum today, UB will be a liability to have around tomorrow, regardless of their alignment. Scum is not going to kill them if they're town, and if they're scum, they're not going to kill themselves.

They have played a deliberately unreadable game, for god only knows what purpose. One minute they're posting mass chaos, and now they're trying to look like they're giving something reasonable to contribute, but instead the reads are scattershot and they are using asinine logic.

I have a strong feeling they will flip scum, but it's a good insurance policy in my eyes.

VOTE: Unicorn Brethren
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:46 am

Major FoS: Balam

I don't like that post one bit. AGar, have you always been a man of policy? I don't recall you pushing that kind of stuff in NG 1020 where you were town, and we had a player who you could have easily pushed the same kind of policy on too. Plus, why do this now rather than a previous Day?

- Incog
Cellar door.
Unicorn Brethren
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Unicorn Brethren »

Yeah, Balam's vote is pretty lulzy, mostly because I am obvtown, as usual.

But this...
Profane Confusion wrote:
Major FoS: Balam
...is even lulzier.

Who bolds, enlargens, and puts "Major" before an FoS? haha

Why not just up the ante to a
real vote
, Incog?
A wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:08 am

That's my swag. If you don't like it too bad.

I'm not putting a real vote down because I like my vote where it is right now.

- Incog
Cellar door.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:17 am

UB: Why are you ignoring my 934? Also, I can't say for sure since it was Incog who posted the FOS, but if you look at the vote, that was bolded and enlarged, too. You're reaching.

Balam: Why are you so sure tomorrow's lylo and not today?

-smarg
Cellar door.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Profane Confusion wrote:So people UB thinks are scum/worth lynching, according to today's posts only:

YFC
Lord Fonzi
Copper
FD
FES

UB, are your heads communicating at all? Did you realize you have more scum reads than non-scum reads? Do you even have town reads at this point?
Uh, why are we on this list? Unless there's a post by my other head I've missed, we're emphatically against lynching UB, they're a town read. Gurgi wants them to contribute more, but we're certainly not going to join a UB wagon.
Final Destination wrote:We were reading the game during night. Check this out:

compromise
onto a daspot wagon.
compromise
onto a daspot wagon.

Eh? This makes no sense. They had DaSpot listed as a secondary suspect, one they were willing to push if nothing came of their attack on you. There was a Spot wagon, they compromised and joined it, like they said they would. What are you trying to say is scummy here?
FD wrote:Yesterday he had to "compromise" onto a spot lynch, today he starts pushing it ???? Because of ????
Presumably because the case against Spot on which they were voting until seven minutes before deadline hasn't gone away? There is no contradiction there. You and DaSpot were top suspects.
Final Destination wrote:
Those two posts were made OVER 40 HOURS APART. Yeah, we jumped ship. Yeah we didn't have any ammo left to RAGE for a FES wagon. Why? Because he minimilastic scum postings, and there's only SO MANY FUCKIN TIMES we can yell "LYNCH FES HES OBVSCUM AND USELESS LYNCH FES AND KILL HIM NOW" before it just loses its appeal and it becomes apparent no one more will be convinced to vote/buss FES without further scummy posts or from FES or flips.
SERIOUSLY? WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TODAY IF FES DIDN'T BY SOME MIRACLE DIE OVERNIGHT? WE WERE GOING TO END UP AT THE EXACT SAME FUCKING POINT AGAIN, WEREN'T WE? Whatever the gummy flip, and whichever town player died overnight or indeed if none did.

For all your hating on each other, yourselves and FES look like the two most similar posters in the game to me. You both basically used tunneling on each other to get away with lurking on other issues. You both pulled the 'We're really disappointed in the quality of play from those on our wagon' card. Lurking and popping in every so often to go 'Yeah FD/FES is obvscum' without offering any real engagement with those that think otherwise is not a way to rally support to a wagon. Also, what happened to the 'Maybe FES is the townie who just happens to believe the retarded case on us and YFC is scum' train of thought you had yesterday?
And here we are, STILL starting FES scum in the face. Now we have more of a case though. He comes right out the gate onto the easy lynch Spot, doesn't even so much as MENTION his scumread of us, nor comment on the wagon on him except to try and explain/defend his actions away.
How else do people comment on their own wagon? Pushing a secondary case that's more viable can make a ton of sense as town. And I don't like one bit this 'Oh, he's an easy lynch' defense that's been made by you as well as GreyMarble on Spot's behalf. UB, to name but one, is a much 'easier' lynch.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:44 am

That's the list of people UB suspects, not the people who suspect UB.
Cellar door.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:44 am

-smarg
Cellar door.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”