Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Magua »

UNVOTE: AntB

Will place my vote when I've done my read.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Magua »

Alright. That was a slog.

(Fun fact: In my notes, I have Nacho down as scummity-scum-scum, with a list of post #s after it, scribbled out in annoyance when I saw he died.)

Andrew
: Town. I don't like reading his posts, stylistically, but if his D1 interaction with Batt was a bus, I'll eat my hat.

AntB
: Null-to-town.

Prebias-getting-out-of-the-way: I have seen AntB fail his roleclaim as a VT before.

I found AntB's play here to be very reminiscent of his play in Fast Food: attack those who attack you. It's not good play, but it's just so...sincere. I just don't believe that scum would be so intent as to just singlemindedly OMGUS anyone who suspected them at all. Yes, there's no interaction between him and Battousai, but Battousai doesn't attack him, either.

Archer
: Null-to-scum. His vote pushed Batt's wagon ahead of Nacho's wagon, but there's a certain lacking to his posts. Especially don't like comments like this:

682: "Yay, Egg declared that I am scum once more, it must be true"
685: "So farside, after wanting me to be more active, and me becoming more active, your're back to calling me a lurker? Nice!"

Also don't like the lack of vote.

Bella
: Null-to-town. I hate the vote withholding thing gone over in 580. I have circled and underlined Bella's "If you try looking again, I'd look at more recent games than not recent games, because I've really hardened against the notion that you should have your vote on someone at all times over the last 6-12 months or so." in 580 vs "I don't really have the time to spend researching my own behavior for you and the only other game that jumps to mind is ongoing and thus is useless. Umm... there might be something in Secret Invasion mafia about how I use my votes, but I don't remember that very well because of the reasons I replaced out of it." when Farside tries to actually look it up.

That said, Bella's early attack on Battousai and second place on the Battousai wagon is a heavy towntell. Bus, bus, yeah, possible, etc, but to do it so early and so out of the blue, I'm not buying.

Brokenscraps
: Null-to-scum. Had good posting in the beginning, but then it tapered off into disappearance. Briefest of interaction with Battousai, completely misses the Battousai lynch. Now with Battousai lynched, a lot of "will reread and answer later"-ish posts. Not a good sign.

Farside
: Null-to-scum. Started with the "guys, I believe Battousai is making an innocent mistake" bit that gets repeated over and over D1. Moves on with Farside wanting to know who Egg is jailkeeping in 524, which I'll detail separately. (note: Smash Bros wants to know this too in 542)

Looker
: Null-to-scum. All-over-there votes (5 for D2) feels like someone trying to find a wagon, any wagon. Furthermore, I get zero read that Looker is trying to push a lynch on someone he thinks scummy -- that is, none of the votes are accompanied by any desire to have other people lynch the person being voted. Questions are asked of individuals, but nothing along the lines of, "I think X is scum, how about you vote him?"

Lord Hur
: Town. At least three times (here, here, and here), I've noted a post as scummy only to find Lord Hur call them out for it a few posts later. His thinking and mine are very much in sync.

Smash Bros / Conspiracy
: Scum. I don't buy the answer to why he was online but not voting. I don't like that he then uses not voting as tell on AntB.

Especially not liking it in the context of Battousai's 320:
Battousai wrote:260- Smashbro "getting on the wagon" without voting = probable town if nacho is town, scum if nacho is scum
Given Battousai knew which way Nacho would flip, this reads as building a townread on a buddy.

VOTE: Conspiracy Welcome to the game.

Egg and jailkeeping:
This information is of zero use to the town unless there's been a save/no kill. Then it might be of some use. Until then, all it does is out if Egg is trying to jailkeep to protect or jailkeep to roleblock, and if so, who he's thinking of protecting/rb'ing, and the only people who need to know that information are scum who need to know who to avoid killing, and scum who need to know who needs to send in the kill.

There is no chance that Egg will die before the doctor, so there's zero reason for him to give any indication of who he's targetting. I find Farside's 524 particularly scummy here:
farside22 wrote:
Egg wrote:Should I say who I jailed?
I say you should too, but this doesn't clear anyone. I just want to know why and who so I can get your frame of mind.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Magua »

lord_hur wrote:It's quite uncanny, your list is about the same as mine, except for Archer (reasons : see 711). I don't much like your reasons for me being town though, as I would play like this even if I were scum (well, I'd just think twice about it if one of them were a scum mate). After me saying I believe DavidParker to be town, and seeing that I'm the only town listed, the paranoïd part in me screams scum trying to buddy up.
You're not the only town. Andrew is solidly town, and I'd bet money that both AntB and Bella are town as well.

You're town because when I'm reading the thread, and I read someone, and I say, "Oh my god, that's so scummy," and then you a few posts later say "Oh my god, that's so scummy," it shows that we're thinking along the same lines.

Conspiracy: The case is impressively detailed, a lot more detailed than the notes I wrote up on Farside, but I *really* don't like Conspiracy coming in and tunneling Farside to the exclusion of everyone else. The case very much has a kitchen-sinkish feel to it, where everything, even stuff that's not really scummy, is getting thrown in to make it look better.

It's not that I haven't had the same thoughts on Farside -- it's to be so singleminded in the pursuit that *this* person is scum that's setting off my warning bells.

@Farside:
Opinion on Conspiracy please.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Magua »

Conspiracy, why am I not in your list in post 737?
farside22 wrote:@Magua/LH - His list looks almost identical to your reads. A part of me felt like he was copying you and your reads. If I get lynched I want you both to remember his comments here and see who he attacks tomorrow. I'm not sold on him personally. I've seen scum attack players like myself who played a horrible town game to win town points. Nothing should clear what SoTS was acting.
I noted that all of his reads were the same as mine. But, I'm curious: Farside, do you think you're playing a horrible town game?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Magua »

@Mod:
I'm voting Conspiracy in post #713

@Farside:
You say: "Watch: Consp, once I flip town he will attack mostly AntB since I cleared town. He also had a list that was identical to Magua."

I think AntB is town. Conspiracy similarly has him down as town. Why do you think Conspiracy would attack AntB?

Is your townread on AntB based solely on Conspiracy attacking you, or is there something that I missed? It seems a large jump to go from reminding people about AntB's self-hammer policy to declaring him town and I'm not seeing the link in between.

@Egg:
Come to the Conspiracy wagon. We have cookies.

I would very much like Bella, Andrew, and Looker to stop voting town and put their votes to some good use.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Magua »

Jailkeeping and statistics: This is a whole bunch of busy-talk to make it look like people are saying things when they're not. The only real fact is, if we lynch scum today, jailkeep to roleblock. Outside of that, knowing if Egg is trying to jailkeep to protect or jailkeep to roleblock, and who he might target in either situation, only helps the scum and doesn't help us *at all*.

I bristle at people trying to get information out of Egg about this. I *really* bristle when it's two of my townreads. This info isn't going anywhere, because Egg isn't dying tonight. Let's move on.

I don't like this whole back-and-forth between Conspiracy and farside. It goes off into the weeds so easily on things that are so...bizarre...like Farside saying, "If I were scum, I'd be softclaiming doc", and Conspiracy replying with evidence from D2 that Farside wasn't softclaiming doc. Which just makes me go WTF? It reads to me like Conspiracy is simply going through Farside's post, and grabbing everything that could be taken as even remotely scummy, and throwing it into the mix. "Farside is scummy for calling Nacho obvscum D1, but then pressuring other players." Seriously? The aforementioned "There's no way Farside could be softclaming doc." The picture it puts into my mind is someone who has a predetermined goal in mind -- "Farside is scum" -- and is then simply looking for things that confirm this.

It's four and a half days until deadline. We're not lynching AntB. Bella and andrew need to get their votes onto someone who could be scum. We're not lynching Lord Hur. looker need to get his vote onto someone who could be scum.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Magua »

So, deadline's in 24 hours. No majority => no lynch.
Andrew needs to move his vote to someone who might be scum.
Looker needs to...you know what? Words just fail me. We'll lynch him tomorrow.

Reading Conspiracy and Farside's posts at this point is just painful, because there's nothing new. This diversion into what happened in Medical Mafia is useless because self-meta'ing is useless (and is even self-admittedly useless in this case). I don't like it. It's not useful.

Between the two of them, I overwhelmingly think Conspiracy is the scum. The kitchen-sink arguments, the complete and total tunneling, the fact that Conspiracy can agree with every single one of my reads at the same time that I'm calling him scum. It just all feels wrong.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Magua »

Doesn't matter, as AntB's vote was already the hammer.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Magua »

Looker wrote: I understand magua saying he'll lynch me tomorrow (today), but in all honesty, I was simply trying to avoid being NK'd. That and being replaced. So, with that said, I'd like to hear all attacks and arguments against me so that I can at least address them while I have the time.
Thanks for reminding me. VOTE: Looker

Allow me:
Magua wrote:Looker: Null-to-scum. All-over-there votes (5 for D2) feels like someone trying to find a wagon, any wagon. Furthermore, I get zero read that Looker is trying to push a lynch on someone he thinks scummy -- that is, none of the votes are accompanied by any desire to have other people lynch the person being voted. Questions are asked of individuals, but nothing along the lines of, "I think X is scum, how about you vote him?"
And this was before you voted Egg.

You had no input about Conspiracy/Farside. Which did you find scummier? Which did you want to lynch? You don't say. Were you fine with either of them being lynched?

Blergh. Other stuff: Bella's vote analysis is IIoA, and seems to be missing some fairly obvious pieces of information -- eg, Egg is town, yet Looker voting Egg at the end of D2 is treated as if its any other scumread.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Magua »

Do you think Looker-town would vote Egg?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Magua »

Bella wrote:
Magua wrote:Do you think Looker-town would vote Egg?
More to the point: Do you think Looker-scum would vote Egg?
Obviously, or I wouldn't be voting him.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Magua »

Bella wrote:Why?
13 posts ago. Seriously?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Magua »

Because scum want to act antitown to avoid helping the town.

Because it means he doesn't need to lay a read on Conspiracy or Farside that he'd have to answer for.

Because he can then join whichever wagon he wants later.

Because if someone calls him on his vote, he can go, "lolz" and several people will give him a pass.

What I want to know is, why am I arguing with you about this when you wrote this:
Bella wrote:I don't suppose there's any chance of a last minute wagon against, say, Looker on account of voting the all-but-confirmed jailkeeper, is there?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Magua »

Looker wrote:I also play according to the knowledge that I have. If I don't know that X is scum, then why would I assert that they are?
Seriously?
Looker wrote:Also, if you were so intrigued by my suspicions, why didn't you ask about them before the end of D2? Before the mislynch?
Because I wrote off your possible opinion the moment you voted Egg. But, hey, since you asked: Who do you think is scum?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by Magua »

AntB, do you think Andrew was bussing D1?

*Really* want more from Archer. He's promised a Saturday post. I'm looking forward to it.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Magua »

Game dies due to inactivity. AntB/andrew is town on town. Looker is scum. brokenscraps is probable scum, but that can wait until a replacement comes in.

Bella and Archer need to put votes up.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Magua »

Bella wrote:I don't see a compelling reason to vote for anyone at the moment. Especially Looker.
So you're content to wait 'till deadline?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Magua »

Bella wrote:I didn't say that.
What, exactly, do you think is going to happen between now and then? brokenscraps will get replaced, that's about the only thing that I can think of.

I see Looker's #900. I'm also ignoring it for the time being.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Magua »

Bella wrote:
Magua wrote:
Bella wrote:I didn't say that.
What, exactly, do you think is going to happen between now and then? brokenscraps will get replaced, that's about the only thing that I can think of.

I see Looker's #900. I'm also ignoring it for the time being.
Well, I think you're going to respond to Looker's post, for one.
Why should I bother? Two of my townreads are attacking eachother. Another of my townreads -- that's you -- is active lurking so hard it hurts. Looker's the leading wagon, so I'll just wait until "omg its one day to deadline everyone suddenly actually play" because that seems to be the prevalent strategy here.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Magua »

Egg wrote:
Vote Broken
based on my list and the vote count thing. I'd still love to see Archer hang if we ever got any support for that. Andrew would be my next choice. Then Bella.
I'd prefer to hold off voting brokenscraps until he's replaced.

I'm ok with voting Archer.

Not ok with voting andrew or Bella.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Magua »

farside22 wrote:Can you tell me why you have a town read on AntB. I get Egg's point and it's the only reason I'm not perusing this today more then anything.
What about Archer?
AntB's is two parts:
1) Meta from my play with him in Fast Food mafia. His town meta seems to be "blindly fixate on whoever is attacking him," which he is hewing to quite closely here.
2) Getting to L-1 D2 and sticking to his VT claim. As scum, that'd take balls of steel, and I don't see AntB as being able to pull that off.

Archer is two different parts:
1) Process of elimination.
2) A reticence to vote and take stands.
Egg wrote:Magua, I thought a replacement got the same role PM as the replaced player had.
There's no use in pressuring a slot that's getting replaced. And I am against lynching the slot until it's replaced, to get a claim if nothing else. So until that happens, the votes are better elsewhere.
andrew94 wrote:sao magnua has 3 townreads?
Four townreads if you call Egg a townread. I also have four scumreads. What part of this is a problem?
Bella wrote:Magua's refusal to respond to Looker's points against him doesn't exactly testify to his towniness.
Here's my defense. Ready? Looker says I was wrong on Conspiracy. Plot twist: I was. There. Did I miss any other part of his case? Apparently, in Looker-land, voting the confirmed town is a much better option than actually trying to get scum lynched. I disagree. End of defense.
Archer wrote:magua, if I flip town, would you be able to make any deductions about who the scum are?
From what's happened so far? No, probably not.

Finally:
UNVOTE: Looker
VOTE: Archer
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (isolation #21) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Magua »

The game -- it's alive! IT'S ALIVE!
farside22 wrote:Magua: Why are you voting Archer? I don't see reason or an explanation there.
I'm blatantly bandwagoning Egg in the hope that something will happen.

Counterquestion: Do you think Archer is scum?
Regfan wrote:1) How has Magua not been
policy lynched
night-killed for being an
awful
awesome player yet?
Fixed that for you. Also, welcome to the game.

And, to head the massclaim off now, basic maths show it's a bad idea. Chance of losing a PR in a mass-claim is 50%; chance of losing a PR without a mass-claim is at worst (if neither of the outted VT claims are mafia) 25% and at best (if both of the outted VT claims are mafia) 16%.
Regfan wrote:1) Why the fuck was Conspiracy lynched yesterday? Sure SSS might have been scummy but ConSpiracy was fucking obvious town, Magua you're better than that. Why would a player replace in, read 20 pages and then attempt to set up a full blown attack on someone who was barely FoS'ed as mafia.
I assume you mean "Why would a
mafia
player replace in..."

Now. Is this a serious question? Because the answer is obvious: to get someone that's not you lynched. Or did you miss all of those vote counts during your reread? Because the farside wagon was the leading wagon up until three days before deadline.

Which is always an odd occurrence for someone "barely FoS'ed as mafia."

The other reason I fought for his lynch was that he essentially copied my reads list verbatim -- even to the point of not including me when he posted his reads.

Regfan/farside interaction is interesting but mind-numbing in its repetition. The part that sticks out for me that I don't like is farside's "If I was mafia, I would've shot Magua." In my experience, people who say "If I was mafia..." tend to be mafia.

However, not liking Archer's vote on farside. It's consistent with D2 read, yes, but for him to post, and respond to posts, and whatnot, without voting, but then vote once Regfan shows up, is just
wrong
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (isolation #22) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:I'm going to be brutally honest, take from it what you will, I can't tell if you're mafia, playing horribly or just plain trolling Magua. Highly tempted to give you an ultimatium of if you have 2 days to vote farside or convince me of an alternate lynch otherwise I change to you.
I'll save you the waiting two days.

This is me not voting Farside.

Go.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Magua »

Looker wrote:You forgot the alternate lynch part.
No, I didn't. Vote's still on Archer. Hasn't moved.

Egg being scum: This idea is just out-and-out crazy. Stop it. Looker, if you're going to claim jailkeeper, claim jailkeeper. Otherwise, drop it.

As for Regfan, I knew this would occur the moment he replaced in. For the record, this behavior for him is a nulltell. Treat it like Jack scumslipping D1. He's simply a really aggressive player.
Regfan wrote:Mafia is Looker+Farside. But lets lynch useless town first.
You think Looker is scum. I think Looker is scum. Why is your reaction to vote me instead of voting Looker? (I could ask the same question about you and Archer.)

Secondly, we've played together lots. What on earth makes you think that I'm going to do as you say because you put a single vote on me? Your post-by-post-analyses don't persuade me. Your bombast does not persuade me.

Get this through your head:
I thought Conspiracy was scum.
I give several reasons for why I thought this. If you find yourself seriously incapable of believing that I thought this, say so.

Now, with that out of the way:

- You think Bella is town? Yes/no.
- You think andrew is town? Yes/no.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:How sure I am Looker is mafia? 70%. How sure I am Farside is mafia 99%. I would pick voting Farside over Looker any day of the week, and I was hoping me voting you would at least force you to show some ounce of sense, which you still haven't.
How did you expect you voting me would make me change my mind on Farside? I mean, what's the thought process going through your mind? Was it like this:

Regfan: Farside is scum.
Magua: Mmmmmmm.
Regfan: Farside is scum. Vote Farside or I'll vote you.
Magua: No.
Regfan: *votes Magua*
Magua: Oh, I see now, Farside's scum. *votes Farside*
RAINBOWS
Regfan wrote:I still find this extremely hard to believe, I've said so already.
Your predecessor believed that Conspiracy was scum. Is your argument that "No person who is town could believe Conspiracy was scum", or is it specifically, "Magua could not believe Conspiracy was scum"?
Regfan wrote: Now some questions for you Magua:
- Do you think Farside is town? Yes/No - If Yes, state why.
- Who do you think Lookers partner is?
I do not have a strong townread on Farside, but I also do not have a strong scumread on her. Let's look at it another way:

I don't think it's AntB, andrew, Bella, or Egg.
PoE leaves brokenscraps/you, Archer, Looker, farside.

Now, I don't think that you and Farside are scum together (if that wasn't already sort of obvious). I do think it could be either of you and Looker, or either of you and Archer, or Looker and Archer. No matter what, I think that (Looker, Archer) has a 100% chance of containing at least one scum.
Regfan wrote:@ Magua, it's no secret you're showing a low amount of interest towards this game in comparison with past games but again I really would like your read of Farside and explanation of what gives you that read.
My operation here is PoE. I find your slot incredibly scummy, and I find your tunneling on Farside to be incredibly scummy, so, no, I'm not going to sheep you here.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:@ Magua, I've stated this already I thought voting you would be a call to arms and force you to re-read stating your explanation on farside. I do specifically think that - Magua could not believe Conspiracy was scum. I know your town-play is that of high capability and I even you not playing at your best would have seen he was town.

@ Magua, So you believe that without a doubt AntB/Bella are town, is that correct? Because your PoE anaylsis leads you play soley of that belief.
I think Conspiracy was town. If you think it is impossible for me to think that, then you're assuming I'm lying. So why are we still talking?

And yes, I think Bella and AntB are town. Andrew too. Said this repeatedly.
farside22 wrote:How is his tunneling scummy? After what happened yesterday and consp I feel a person who is pushing a case isn't scummy. With so many floaters and meh votes someone pushing at his point in the game is a pro-town thing.
Because he went straight from convincing me to bullying me. Because he's ignoring Archer and Looker.

Do you think Regfan is town, farside?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (isolation #26) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Magua »

Archer wrote:
Magua wrote:I thought Conspiracy was scum.
Magua wrote:I think Conspiracy was
town.
Confusion!
Seriously? *That's* what you come up with?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:@ Magua, We're still talking because your slot confuses me severely, your actions lead me to beleive you're mafia but I read your predecessors action as strong town.
If you think I'm mafia, vote me. But please answer my question:
Magua wrote:Your predecessor believed that Conspiracy was scum. Is your argument that "No person who is town could believe Conspiracy was scum", or is it specifically, "Magua could not believe Conspiracy was scum"?
Archer wrote:
Magua wrote:Seriously? *That's* what you come up with?
I only pointed it out. Why are you getting so worked up over something in which
I made no conclusions
? It was your reaction that was going to be far more valueable than the simple mistake you made.
Bolded is mine, obv. It is *because* you made no conclusions. It's obvious to anyone reading my posts that I typoed "town" instead of "scum". Out of *everything* else that's gone on today, you choose to quote *that*. But, you don't even *comment* on it. Is it scummy? Say so. Vote me. DO SOMETHING.

What about Regfan? What about farside?

Nothing. Complete and absolute filler.

Bella needs to bloody well get in here and vote.

Deadline is in a little under 72 hours at this point:
IHSIB wrote:Deadline: Wednesday, April 6, 11:59 PM GMT-6
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (isolation #28) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Magua »

Day 4 started. Hooray!

Archer got night-killed! Hooray!

Regfan's plan: Jailkeeping messes up the maths, because a lot of it is dependent on if Egg stops a kill or not. I see where Regfan is angling -- if the doctor claims and is cc'ed, we get a 50% shot at autowin. If they claim and are not cc'ed, that gives us 2 clears and 5 unclears with 2 mafia amongst the 5 unclears, which is a 40% chance of lynching mafia (autowin) and a 25% chance of blocking the kill even if we mislynch. Leaving them hidden is only a 33% chance of lynching mafia, and only a 20% chance of blocking the kill.

On the other hand, if we don't enter into one of the autowin scenarios, doctor will die 100%, whereas the chance that the doctor will die tonight if they don't claim is only 33% (actually, probably less, since either the kill may be blocked, or the doc may be protected).

All in all, I think this is a doc-claims-if-they're-being-lynched day, that is, a normal one.

Also: VOTE: Looker
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by Magua »

Egg wrote:Magua, bus your scumbuddy. AntB is clearly being lynched today.
Prefer Regfan lynch to AntB lynch.

UNVOTE: Looker
VOTE: Regfan
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:3. Magua - AntB. Yesterday Magua refrained from going into his reasoning behind his AntB town-reads, I'd still like for him to do that. On top of that he's already attempted to avoid a lynch occuring on AntB today, a position where bussing is suicidal. Again, little to no interaction has occured between this partnership so I can very easily see this being the case.

AntB is the only commonality in the most-likely mafia pairings and I'm entirely comfortable lynching him today.
Vote: AntB. That's L-1, we're not having a lynch until Magua explains his reads in greater depth and a claim occurs
AntB claimed D2. Did you not get this in your reread? It figured into Conspiracy's case against farside22 and all.

As to my townread on him, it's mostly meta and dumbtelling. He claims VT when run up and did little to dissuade his own lynch. It wasn't a "go ahead and lynch me guys" that you see out of scum who are trying to WIFOM the situation, but the whole "you'll be sorry when I called the whole scumteam" which is what you see out of irate town.

He's doing it again now.

Scum have every motivation to claim doc when being run up, if only to draw the cc. I simply don't believe AntB-as-scum. His play is too sincere, it's too...raw.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Magua »

YOU KNOW, MAYBE YOU COULD HELP, INSTEAD OF JUST HANGING BACK AND NOT VOTING AND NOT TALKING AND MAKING POINTLESS PITHY COMMENTS.

Also, I don't like Looker voting Regfan.

UNVOTE: Regfan
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Magua »

Screw it, I'm too tired to write something rational. Maybe tomorrow.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (isolation #33) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:Magua - I have a question for you: Realistically, what pairings or mafia teams can you see occuring right now and which do you see as impossible/highly unlikely.?
So I sat down and worked on this.

My initial reaction upon seeing Archer dead was that it's Regfan/Looker.

Scum bussing at this point is suicide, which is why I don't like Looker's Regfan vote.

So who do we have?

Egg: Clear
andrew94: Town. If andrew is scum, then he wins, because I'm not finding any situation where I'm voting for him that doesn't include him saying "trolololol im scum".

So of those who remain:

I really, really, really, really with every bone of my body want it to be Looker + someone. Like I said, I started this day thinking it was Looker + Regfan. But reading back on it, I'm beginning to entertain the notion that it's Looker + Bella. I had a strong townread on Bella D2, but since then the lurk factor has gone into overdrive, the no-vote-no-talk-vote-just-before-deadline factor has gone into overdrive, and Bella keeps pushing this VCA that seems both IIoA and retarded at the same time. If the analysis is that people who have been on more town wagons are scummier, you've got the problem with Egg being there. But that doesn't get mentioned. It's just presenting information and letting people make their own decisions instead of providing her own input.

Had to get that out of my system.

Anyways, of the pairs:

Looker + Regfan: Yes. Only sticking point here is Looker's Regfan vote.
Looker + Bella: Oh my god oh my god yes. Bella completely ignores Looker on any and all levels.
Looker + AntB: More likely now than Looker + Regfan. Looked back through AntB's ISO, and his placing of Looker is always second place -- "Looker would be ok, but I'd really prefer andrew94/farside22/etc". Not the complete blind spot that Bella seems to have for Looker though.

Regfan + Bella: Meh. Possible but unlikely. Bella does open with "We should lynch AntB or Regfan," but then doesn't do anything with it, neither agreeing with nor opposing the AntB wagon, so it's hard to tell. If this were the case, I would expect that Bella would've hammered on AntB already once Looker voted Regfan, rather than take the chance that Egg or andrew would switch over and make it a real possibility, but instead Bella posts the facepalm pic. So, yeah.
Regfan + AntB: No. Suicide bus, etc.

Bella + AntB: No. Would expect Bella to have voted Regfan by this point.

So if AntB is scum, the only person I can see him as being scum with is Looker.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Magua »

Looker wrote:And, in the off chance I was correct about Egg:
I swear to God, if this game ends with you being the jailkeeper and never having cc'ed Egg, I will eat your babies.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (isolation #35) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Magua »

Thank god.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (isolation #36) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Magua »

VOTE: Bella
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (isolation #37) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Magua »

Doctor claiming gets us nothing.

UNVOTE: Bella
VOTE: No Lynch
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Magua »

I got prodded. Vote's on no lynch. Doctor isn't claiming. Let's go.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (isolation #39) » Mon May 02, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Magua »

Magua wrote:
Looker + Regfan: Yes. Only sticking point here is Looker's Regfan vote.
Looker + Bella: Oh my god oh my god yes. Bella completely ignores Looker on any and all levels.
...snip...

Regfan + Bella: Meh. Possible but unlikely. Bella does open with "We should lynch AntB or Regfan," but then doesn't do anything with it, neither agreeing with nor opposing the AntB wagon, so it's hard to tell. If this were the case, I would expect that Bella would've hammered on AntB already once Looker voted Regfan, rather than take the chance that Egg or andrew would switch over and make it a real possibility, but instead Bella posts the facepalm pic. So, yeah.

Nothing here has really changed for me. Looking at only Regfan and Bella, I find Bella to be the scummier one. However, the idea of the scumteam being Regfan *and* Bella is a little farfetched, given the voting patterns, particularly on D4, or Bella's vote on Regfan D5.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (isolation #40) » Tue May 03, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Magua »

Bella wrote:VOTE: Regfan.

Back to where I was yesterday.

Yeah. Like I said, it's not Bella+Regfan.

Bella, do you think it's Regfan+Looker or Regfan+me?

Looker, why were you playing so poorly D2 to avoid drawing an NK when you're not the doctor?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (isolation #41) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:07 am

Post by Magua »

Regfan, if you don't think it's me+Bella, please to be voting Looker.

kthxbai
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (isolation #42) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:Magua, I'm not putting a vote up on lylo that I can't watch.

Mod, I'll be offically V/LA for 2-3 days in the next hour

The absolute refusal of both you and Bella to vote Looker is not helping me decide which of you is town at all.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (isolation #43) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:If you are certain that Looker is indeed scum then there should be no need to attempt to read Bella or myself today. It would simply be:

1) Lynch Looker.
2) Ask Egg to jail me.
3) If a kill occurs I would be clear to you thus confirming Bella as mafia
4) If no kill occurs I get lynched and you ask Egg to jail Bella.
5) You lynch Bella the next day.

I'm going to request no one votes in the next 3 days, Egg can you explain your read on Looker.

This is *exactly* what I intend to do. Now vote Looker please.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1166 (isolation #44) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Magua »

Because I want to see which of Regfan/Bella will do it.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (isolation #45) » Thu May 05, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by Magua »

VOTE: Regfan
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (isolation #46) » Fri May 06, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Magua »

Oops. Misclicked.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (isolation #47) » Fri May 06, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Magua »

Hooray!

Also, I suck at coordinating a quickhammer.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (isolation #48) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by Magua »

lord_hur wrote:
It was definitely on purpose. I feared I was being too heavy handed, but it apparently worked. The plan was that Egg would spot it too, but...

My exact words in the mafia QT about you: "[#764] would be quite the doc claim. Not entirely sure I believe it, but I think Lord Hur is a good kill anyways."

Really, the only other thing of note in the mafia QT is my amazement that Looker didn't get lynched. Link but there's really nothing in there.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (isolation #49) » Mon May 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Magua »

Egg posted his, so I think the only missing night action are yours, andrew.

The night that Egg jailkept me, I was trying to kill andrew, FWIW.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (isolation #50) » Mon May 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by Magua »

andrew94 wrote:night 1: egg
night 2 : egg
night 3: magua
night 4: bella

night 5 : egg

Hah. I like you. You're good people.

andrew94 wrote:i sorta had suspisions of magua since you didnt die, but there was antb..

I like you more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”