Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

we'll see

I'm sure my reply won't be as late as Hikari's
anyways

Hiraki wrote:1)Your tunnel is horrendous. I'm sure about this scum read.

2)Why would I ever think about what would I say in defense? I think you're scum. Only scum thinks of defenses.
1) tunnel on you or mer? And what's wrong with tunneling if they produce scum like mer did. Nothing is the answer. All that matters is the flip, and mer jolly well flipped scum and I'm sure you could do so too
2) because after getting 2 reads disastrously wrong, you'll jolly well be needing one. I'll be flipping town should I be lynched and then you'll see that your case cannot have been that good after all

but yeah, I'll reply in more detail tommorow
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by bvoigt »

@Twisted: I don't really like how you keep using Hiraki's poor reads in the past to discredit this one. Also, what do you think of #671?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote Count

Hero764 (2) - Nacho, silverbullet999
Twistedspoon - Hiraki
Nacho - singersigner
Nobody Special - Number48
Hiraki - Twistedspoon

Not Voting - ConfidAnon, Nobody Special, HackerHuck, bvoigt, Furcolow, Hero764, Klazam

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
The current deadline is Tuesday, May 3rd, 8PM EST.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Hiraki »

bvoigt wrote:@Twisted: I don't really like how you keep using Hiraki's poor reads in the past to discredit this one. Also, what do you think of #671?
I was going to mention this, but that was actually a re-vote, so it was more of a meh to put it in. I let it slide.
TS wrote:I'm sure my reply won't be as late as Hikari's
Are you trying to make me mad?
TS wrote:1) tunnel on you or mer? And what's wrong with tunneling if they produce scum like mer did. Nothing is the answer. All that matters is the flip, and mer jolly well flipped scum and I'm sure you could do so too
Have you ever heard of bussing? God you're going dense now.
TS wrote:2) because after getting 2 reads disastrously wrong, you'll jolly well be needing one. I'll be flipping town should I be lynched and then you'll see that your case cannot have been that good after all
Ahh. Right, because my case has flaws which you are going to easily pinpoint and destroy.

This is on right now. There is absolutely no way I'm getting off this lynch, this is policy.

If I'm town, I'm not worried about defending myself. If I'm scum, then yes, I should have a hidden blade up my sleeve. However, there's no hidden blade. There's a motherfucking shotgun.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

If I'm scum, then yes, I should have a hidden blade up my sleeve. However, there's no hidden blade. There's a motherfucking shotgun.
Erm... scum would holster a hidden weapon you say... you are holstering a hidden weapon... ummm

?
... People were right it seems....
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Hiraki »

silverbullet999 wrote:
If I'm scum, then yes, I should have a hidden blade up my sleeve. However, there's no hidden blade. There's a motherfucking shotgun.
Erm... scum would holster a hidden weapon you say... you are holstering a hidden weapon... ummm

?
I'm not soft-claiming, if that's what you're asking.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:56 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

what's there to softclaim anyways?

here i go then
bvoigt wrote:@Twisted: I don't really like how you keep using Hiraki's poor reads in the past to discredit this one. Also, what do you think of #671?
it is true though. No harm birning up prior evidence. and i know he's wrong anyways.
bvoigt in 671 wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:I have never seen a townie play like nacho has done.
Hopefully won't again
:P
Actually...I didn't see this before. Doesn't the bolded say that Nacho is definitely town?
no

and now the fun part
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiraki wrote: TWISTEDSCUM PROOF INCOMING. WHEE WHEE.
just to warm myself up methinks Hikari needs to look beyond his scrabble games and try and understand what proof is. Nothing that follows is proof. The opposite actually since his case is completely wrong
Hiraki wrote:It's only until Post 7 that something interesting comes
so we'll just discount 7 other posts because they're not interesting enough. I found plenty of evidence against your case in my first 7 posts, but a good job of strawmanning you did to discount them

hardly an analysis, more like an entertainment show if we're looking for 'interesting' now
Hiraki wrote:
TS wrote:have never seen a townie play like nacho has done. Hopefully won't again :P
but yeah, I consider his list as shield of sorts. It was odd that he included the mods in them at first though
While I agree on the second part of your case, this looks pitiful. You can't call someone scum because you disagree with their reads. You dispute their reads, and they change if they feel good about changing it.

Agreeing with rest of #10.
but I didn't call nacho scum :/
That's twisting my words. Even townies can have shields to protect themselves from other townies.
And i never said I disagreed with his reads >_>
Hiraki wrote:
TS wrote:Probably too risky to lynch today anyways.
Note that TS has already admitted that Nacho doesn't play a town game at all, already.
so? He could still be town and that makes him too risky to lynch.

I have never seen scum try a gambit like nacho's either if that's what you want to hear. Thus i have a nullish read on him and I'd much rather lynch a scumread over a nullread. Who wouldn't?
Hiraki wrote:
TS wrote:I have my eye on you Mer. I believe the cool kids these days call it an IGMEOU
Note that TS is already voting Meran. Obviously you have your eye on him. Any Sherlock could identify that. The rest of 12 is fine though.
pointing out the obvious is hardly analysis now is it?

anyways, what's wrong with having my eye on mer too? I'm reminding him that my vote is neither weak, random or passive and that he had better up his game
Hiraki wrote:
TS wrote:IGMEOY for now
WHY IS IT ALWAYS IGMEOY? FFS. TO YOU MERAN SHOULD BE SCUM #1. YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER SUSPECTS. FFS. IT FEELS LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU'RE VOTING NOW.
well i do and he is
IGMEOY mer to give him a false sense of security and watch him scumslip again. Also, if he was town, how could he scumhunting if i was constantly attacking him?
Hiraki wrote:
TS wrote:I'm not interesting on tunneling on one player no matter how suspicious they may be.
Thanks, this tunneling was getting annoying.
so annoying = scumtell now?
anyways, aren't you kinda tunneling on me?
Hiraki wrote:
TS wrote:and you're flailing
Oh, back to this. Awesome.

15-17 have merely any point.
so questioning and asking for gambit conclusions have little point? I'm sure that's hardly true or else nacho wouldn't have done his gambit :/

nice strawmanning in not posting them for others to see though
Hiraki wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:meransiel is the easy target

next read
HA.

HAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

NEXT READ? YOU MEAN YOU READ OTHER PEOPLE THAN MERAN? IT'S A TUNNEL-FEST DAY ONE.

Not only is this
highly
ironic, but TS is STILL voting "the easy target".
so many things wrong

1) You quoted so out of context. This was addressed to nacho when i asked for his conclusions.
2) Mer was an easy target. so? I voted him because he was an easy target who happened to be scum
3) Mer didn't satisfy me as nacho's conclusions. Mer would die soon and Nacho would then need another conclusion to play with
4) It's almost like you didn't want your scumbuddy to die the way you still protect mer
5) since when was HAHA analysis?

your [Hikari's] next case is some complete nonsense and OMGUS about how i voted for you. It's really little more than OMGUS and contains so many caps lock it would dirty my Hikari quote collection I'm getting here. All he's doing is pointing out the obvious in my change in reads, as if to say that only scum change their reads
Hiraki wrote:
TS wrote:hikari knew scum wouldn't defend a scumbuddy on L-1 since it was almost inevitable that they'd be hammered, so he did so to look like he was a townie defending a town read the the last minute.
Right. Use your own logic on how I was town, and just spoof it up a bit so I look like scum.

That always works.
it's true though

also your logic here is complete wifom
Hiraki wrote: In #58, TS shows us all that he's voting me again.
so? analysis?

If hikari continues to scrape the bottom of the barrel for arguments, he'll be picking up splinters
Hiraki wrote:
TS wrote:but what matters now is getting back to our scum-lynching ways
No, we should probably lynch town by now.

Here's the point TS. Your posts that don't have content are horrible. They make me cry. They're full of IIoA, and lead us nowhere. The posts that you do make that have content? They were tunnels. Long and dark ones at it too.
'they make me cry' Hey AtE all around from hikari

'they lead us nowhere' THEY LED US NOWHERE? WE LYNCHED SCUM MERAN THANKYOUVERYMUCH

I like how you discount all of my townieness and concentrate on all of the non-townie things i have done (or the ones which you have twisted in your posts to look non-townie)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

in conclusion Hikari seems to be living in a false world where Mer was never scum and I am. Wifom, ate and the good old straw man are his chums and he doesn't neglect them.

I haven't even started on the Hikari iso, and I don't even need to

And with that I'm done arguing with Hikari. We'd be better off lynching him now. I want to hear from the rest of the town on this too

~Screwtape
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:14 am

Post by bvoigt »

Twistedspoon wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
Hopefully won't again
Actually...I didn't see this before. Doesn't the bolded say that Nacho is definitely town?
no
Yes, it does.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Hiraki »

bvoigt wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
Hopefully won't again
no
Yes, it does.
If there's a slip, it's more of "I have never seen a townie play like nacho has done." rather than "Hopefully won't again."
TS wrote:what's there to softclaim anyways?
I was thinking of a different ongoing game, with a vig.
TS wrote:just to warm myself up methinks Hikari needs to look beyond his scrabble games and try and understand what proof is. Nothing that follows is proof. The opposite actually since his case is completely wrong
The reason that you're taking all my words so specifically makes me think I'm going to get
really
annoyed reading.
TS wrote:so we'll just discount 7 other posts because they're not interesting enough. I found plenty of evidence against your case in my first 7 posts, but a good job of strawmanning you did to discount them
WHAT?
WHAT?
IS THIS SERIOUS? Look. I skipped your first 7 posts because there was nothing on them. They were one-three lines. It's not a strawman if I don't include them, because they aren't scummy. Is this a real serious accusation? Fuck you're flailing already!

Just to note though, interesting means not-scummy, and things of that nature. Bad is scummy.
TS wrote:That's twisting my words. Even townies can have shields to protect themselves from other townies.
Good point, it wasn't a major point in my case though.
TS wrote:so? He could still be town and that makes him too risky to lynch.
You are admitting that you believed it was too risky to lynch a town person. Why would you ever admit to lynch anyone that you thought was town? This doesn't make sense.
TS wrote:I have never seen scum try a gambit like nacho's either if that's what you want to hear. Thus i have a nullish read on him and I'd much rather lynch a scumread over a nullread. Who wouldn't?
Fine.

Also, just to note, you missed the first two lines of my case. Was wondering if that was because you skimmed, or you just honestly missed them.(HEADING TOWARDS THE FIRST)
TS wrote:pointing out the obvious is hardly analysis now is it?
YES, BECAUSE EVERY POST I MAKE HAS UBER ANALYSIS IN IT. WOOT WOOT TS.
TS wrote:anyways, what's wrong with having my eye on mer too? I'm reminding him that my vote is neither weak, random or passive and that he had better up his game
BECAUSE IT'S A HORRIBLE PUSH.
TS wrote:IGMEOY mer to give him a false sense of security and watch him scumslip again. Also, if he was town, how could he scumhunting if i was constantly attacking him?
You honestly don't think that people can defend and scumhunt in one post? Also, your vote already gives him that pressure. An IGMEOY isn't going to do much.
TS wrote:so annoying = scumtell now?
anyways, aren't you kinda tunneling on me?
I'm glad you figured it out! Bit late though.
Yes, I am. But unlike you, I'm not pushing on one concise point.
TS wrote:nice strawmanning in not posting them for others to see though
WHAT THE FUCK.
Mafiascumwiki wrote:A "Straw man" argument (also called "setting up a straw man") involves mischaracterizing your opponent's position in order to present a weaker argument than they have actually given, thereby allowing you to defeat it.
ONLY YOU COULD STRAWMAN. STOP TELLING ME I CAN STRAWMAN, BECAUSE I OBVIOUSLY CAN'T.

Also, just to note 0-7 isn't part of the argument because you manage to talk with Nacho about lynching the mod. Do I need to go further on how useless these posts are? I don't really find anything scummy in it, but some others. That's up to them.
TS wrote:1) You quoted so out of context. This was addressed to nacho when i asked for his conclusions.
No, this isn't a question. Try again. In fact, Nacho says in his next post "No, Meran is the scum." even
he
thought you were going against your reads there. Even if this was in response to Nacho, this has little to do with Nacho's post because Nacho calls Meran scummy. You just randomly called Meran the easy target. There's nothing special about this. So nice lie.
TS wrote:2) Mer was an easy target. so? I voted him because he was an easy target who happened to be scum
When you call someone an easy target, you're not calling them scum anymore. See Nacho.
TS wrote:3) Mer didn't satisfy me as nacho's conclusions. Mer would die soon and Nacho would then need another conclusion to play with
WHY IS THIS HERE? I DON'T CARE ABOUT NACHO.
TS wrote:4) It's almost like you didn't want your scumbuddy to die the way you still protect mer
Y'know the only two real points on this post are 1 and 2. 3 and 4 are just an easy way to add content that doesn't really exist. Also, are you calling Nacho my scumbuddy?
TS wrote:5) since when was HAHA analysis?
Even if I don't have analysis in this post, and even if you disagree that I've never put a sentence of analysis in this case, there's still the point that your posts alone are scummy.
TS wrote:All he's doing is pointing out the obvious in my change in reads, as if to say that only scum change their reads
Town doesn't change their reads this drastically between two posts, especially when a BW forms. You saw opportunity, and you went for it.
TS wrote:also your logic here is complete wifom
What? You used what you saw in me as town, and you used it in me as scum. I was town.

In #46, you called me town for my last minute Mer defense.

In #53?
TS wrote:hikari knew scum wouldn't defend a scumbuddy on L-1
Ha. Hahaha. Hahahahahahahahaha!
TS wrote:so? analysis?
Is this a defense? You're totally avoiding the point and asking me for analysis. Is that your easy way out? I never noticed it. Then again, that was point 5 of that big point that I hated a lot as well. This is plausible.
TS wrote:'they make me cry' Hey AtE all around from hikari
ARE YOU JOKING? YOU THINK I CRY OVER YOUR POSTS? YOU MUST NOT BE SERIOUS HERE. I MIGHT ACTUALLY CRACK UP NOW.
TS wrote:'they lead us nowhere' THEY LED US NOWHERE? WE LYNCHED SCUM MERAN THANKYOUVERYMUCH
AND NOW YOU GET ME AS SCUM, AFTER USING YOUR OWN LOGIC FOR AND AGAINST ME. THE TUNNELS GOT TO SCUM, LUCKILY, BUT AFTER THAT? DAY 1.5 WAS ALL ABOUT APOK. NOTHING WAS OBTAINED FROM KILLING MERANSCUM.
TS wrote:I like how you discount all of my townieness and concentrate on all of the non-townie things i have done (or the ones which you have twisted in your posts to look non-townie)
SO YOU ADMIT THAT YOU DO LOOK SCUMMY. FUCKING HELL, I NEED A LYNCH NOW.
TS wrote:in conclusion Hikari seems to be living in a false world where Mer was never scum and I am. Wifom, ate and the good old straw man are his chums and he doesn't neglect them.
Right. I think it's you living in the false world.
TS wrote:I haven't even started on the Hikari iso, and I don't even need to
Right. Because I'm
that
scummy already. The only good point on me you have is that I protected Mer, which you used a some posts before.
TS wrote:And with that I'm done arguing with Hikari. We'd be better off lynching him now. I want to hear from the rest of the town on this too
Remember this guys! He's done arguing with me!
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:13 am

Post by bvoigt »

Hiraki wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
Hopefully won't again
If there's a slip, it's more of "I have never seen a townie play like nacho has done." rather than "Hopefully won't again."
Think about it...does the word "again" make any sense if he's never seen it before and he doesn't know Nacho is town?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Hiraki »

Not really...I hope this isn't just me either >__<
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:32 am

Post by bvoigt »

UNVOTE: Number58
VOTE: Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

right...

I'm not seeing much point in continuing the argument. It'd just go on forever

The sensible thing to do would be to let the town decide and respect our/their votes

The cases are all drawn out and there's no much point in just repeating ourselves and tunneling each other.

I'm going to try and look at other players too and tunnel less on Hikari. Even if he is scum there's still another to track down, and maybe I just got lucky by finding merscum through tunneling.

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

@Mod: Is confidanon being replaced? He hasn't been here in forever

~Screwtape
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Hiraki »

And that is why you shouldn't go after easy lynches. Now, die.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Hiraki »

EWBOP: Btw. you still skipped some posts in my first wall.

Who's strawmanning again?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Hiraki wrote:EWBOP: Btw. you still skipped some posts in my first wall.

Who's strawmanning again?
i skipped 2

and that was because they were either obvious, didn't lead to the conclusion that I was scum or i really didn't have time

~Screwtape
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

That was three reasons for two skipped questions.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

assume that they were all 3 then

~Screwtape
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Hiraki »

Twistedspoon wrote:assume that they were all 3 then
I don't think you're getting the point.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

the point of my i skipped 2 of your points?

i just explained that :/

~Screwtape
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Hiraki »

EWBOP: Ugh. I did it twice today.

Also, you did not skip two. You skipped my large points on Post #24, which obviously are too miniscule considering I could make a case to vote you out of that post alone, and many other posts. I was going to just copy and paste what you did miss, but let me give everyone else a little perspective.

The point where TS makes 5 points on my post? Yeah, that's post #20.

The next post that TS quotes? Page 3 of the ISO, #

You skipped part of my post, tried to cover it up by saying it was "two posts". I don't really care how many points you did miss, but you did. When I'm town/scum, and yes I believe I have said this on Mafiascum if not on the other forum I used to play on, I believe it's extremely disrespectful, scummy, and assholish to ignore points against you.

This is policy to the max. You're dead today, and I don't want to hear any objections.

Because there are none.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I like how you've suddenly become more active after my vote on you...
and I'm not dead today.The non-tunneling players have yet to decide such
although if i do die i get to make remarks behind your back in the dead qt. hmm

~Screwtape
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Hiraki »

Twistedspoon wrote:I like how you've suddenly become more active after my vote on you...
and I'm not dead today.The non-tunneling players have yet to decide such
although if i do die i get to make remarks behind your back in the dead qt. hmm
THANKS FOR THE APOLOGY, AND/OR EXPLANATION ON WHY YOU RANDOMLY SKIPPED THOSE POSTS.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

i missed a couple of your points

overall, i covered your argument and defended my townieness

that was the idea