YosFlavouredCayke (3): Unicorn, Final Destination, DaSpot
Final Destination (3): Lord Fonzi, FES, YosFlavouredCayke
Frogito Ergo Sum (1): Profane Confusion
Unicorn (1): Balam
Balam (1): Copper

Not Voting:

With nine alive it's five to lynch.

Deadline is May 1st @ 19:00 EST
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)
Incognito of the Profane Confusion wrote:Why would revealing info about connections influence scum interactions out of curiosity?
Personally, I like to see the natural flow of things for as long as possible, especially when I'm not clear about how to interpret a particular connection.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)
Incognito of the Profane Confusion wrote:Because (AND DON'T TAKE OFFENSE TO THIS) I think Equinox might be better scum than you.
Hey, wait a minute. Wouldn't it make more sense, then, to get more posts out of RayFrost?
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Balam »

I don't take offense, but I do find it funny. Equinox better scum then ME? (deliberately giving you two recently completed scum games for meta purposes ftw) Equinox
is
better town than me, though. At least, when it comes to the looking town part of it. I think we're about even on the finding scum portion, so yar.

Why wouldn't it? We reveal that our list is x (town) / z (scum) / d (scum), b (town) / h (town) / a (scum), or u (town) / a / h, why would the scum ignore it? They could easily use this to their advantage: kill x over the night / push for the lynch of a or h, use the fact we feel there's connections to pseudo clear themselves in our eyes / get mislynches. Scum
not
taking advantage of the information seems more unusual to me than scum taking the advantage.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Profane Confusion »

Yes. But I assumed by the sheer volume of posts made by you, Equinox, that you for whatever reason took the dominant role in that hydra. Plus I saw your name on the Online List but I didn't see Frosty's. I'm guessing he stays hidden, which is sad. Then when I saw RayFrost post in MD I was all like "OOH lemme con RayFrost to post in here!"
Cellar door.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Balam »

I don't hide my online status....

Also: we had equinox take the dominant role in the hydra
before the game even started
. You can iso us to see our posts regarding the whole "posting via committee" schpiel where we were suspected based off of lurking when equinox was inactive, etc, etc. We've gone over it.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Balam wrote:Why wouldn't it? We reveal that our list is x (town) / z (scum) / d (scum), b (town) / h (town) / a (scum), or u (town) / a / h, why would the scum ignore it? They could easily use this to their advantage: kill x over the night / push for the lynch of a or h, use the fact we feel there's connections to pseudo clear themselves in our eyes / get mislynches. Scum
not
taking advantage of the information seems more unusual to me than scum taking the advantage.
True, but I don't really see that as a problem when you've got a decent town to back you up who's able to look into connections like that. Yes, there are times to withhold information, but I don't really see why a (potential) Day before LyLo would be a good time to do so.
Cellar door.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Balam »

Profane Confusion wrote:
Balam wrote:Why wouldn't it? We reveal that our list is x (town) / z (scum) / d (scum), b (town) / h (town) / a (scum), or u (town) / a / h, why would the scum ignore it? They could easily use this to their advantage: kill x over the night / push for the lynch of a or h, use the fact we feel there's connections to pseudo clear themselves in our eyes / get mislynches. Scum
not
True, but I don't really see that as a problem when you've got a decent town to back you up who's able to look into connections like that. Yes, there are times to withhold information, but I don't really see why a (potential) Day before LyLo would be a good time to do so.
Aside from the potential argument about how decent this town is based upon the lynches, there's also the fact the connections are still not formalized even within the hydra. We haven't gotten much of AGar's input due to his V/LA, equinox is slightly behind in the thread, and I'm prone to second-guessing my own arguments at this point.

I've got the issue of thinking something is "supar awesome logicz" and then later realizing that it's crap because something else that's the opposite is just as likely a possibility. My ideas surrounding this game are too heavily flip-based, which is something I
really
dislike. I prefer being able to catch scum on their own merits rather than going "I think this guy's scum but am not really that sure, let's gamble!" and then deciding on my reads based upon the result. I suppose it's a playstyle bias on my part, but eh.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:16 pm

That makes some sense.

I've got one last question and then I gotta stop procrastinating: what's your read on Copper?
Cellar door.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Balam »

Procrastinating from what? :P

Oh lordy. I think copper's town. The issue is... I've yet to play or read a game where I think/thought copper
wasn't
town. So yeah. The style of heir posting is kinda the blank walled poker face read that I can't really get through, and that makes me mistrust my town read even though it's a rather solid town read.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Balam »

Also: every unmarked post on this page so far was from RayFrost. Equi marks her posts every time, IIRC.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)
Profane Confusion wrote:I've got one last question and then I gotta stop procrastinating: what's your read on Copper?
I have a town read on Copper.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Oh. So you've played with Copper before? Have you seen them play as scum and town or just one alignment?

I'm procrastinating from taking notes for this allergic rhinitis module that's a self-taught type of thing.

- Incog (over and out)
Cellar door.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)
Incognito of the Profane Confusion wrote:Oh. So you've played with Copper before? Have you seen them play as scum and town or just one alignment?
I have played with Copper-town. My read isn't meta-based, however.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Balam »

Admittedly, I replaced out of the game in question early on, barely read much further, and now can't even find the game. I'm really using equinox's experience with copper. So when I say games *I've* read/played, I mean games read/played by equinox. Though she isn't using meta in her read, she has told the hydra about the little meta she has.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Back again.
Post 1034, Balam wrote:The issue is... I've yet to play or read a game where I think/thought copper
wasn't
town. So yeah. The style of heir posting is kinda the blank walled poker face read that I can't really get through, and that makes
me mistrust my town read
even though it's a
rather solid town read.
Post 1039, Balam wrote:So when I say games *I've* read/played, I mean games read/played by equinox. Though she isn't using meta in her read, she has told the hydra about the little meta she has.
Why did you lie? How could your read of Copper be "solid town" if you mistrust it?
Cellar door.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Balam »

Profane Confusion wrote:Back again.
Post 1034, Balam wrote:The issue is... I've yet to play or read a game where I think/thought copper
wasn't
town. So yeah. The style of heir posting is kinda the blank walled poker face read that I can't really get through, and that makes
me mistrust my town read
even though it's a
rather solid town read.
Post 1039, Balam wrote:So when I say games *I've* read/played, I mean games read/played by equinox. Though she isn't using meta in her read, she has told the hydra about the little meta she has.
Why did you lie? How could your read of Copper be "solid town" if you mistrust it?
I don't really think of it as a lie: in isolation, it'd be a solid town read, in consideration it's not as solid due to my mistrust. Perhaps poor wording on my part, apologies.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:30 pm

The lie was the part where you said that you (RayFrost) were the one who played with Copper when it was Equinox who had done so. The second question was slightly unrelated to the lie.

- The Inkster
Cellar door.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Balam »

I
have
played a game with copper. It was ages ago, which is why I am having difficulty finding it now. Copper can attest to having a very brief experience with me in the game before I had to replace out (it was during my 16 games at once phase). Equinox has a completed game I have an unfinished one.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by DaSpotthatkillsu »

can we stop the town v town nonsense and vote yoscayke?

this real interesting and all but we got scum

noting they haven't posted during your whole back and forth. you'd think a town player would step in..

honestly why give me a great reason why yoscayke isn't scum

like a undeniable proof.
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)
Profane Confusion wrote:The lie was the part where you said that you (RayFrost) were the one who played with Copper when it was Equinox who had done so. The second question was slightly unrelated to the lie.
RayFrost wasn't lying, Incognito. Read his posts again. My 1038 was a reflection of my personal experience with Copper; that was not meant to replace RayFrost's response about his own experience with Copper.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Found.

Apologies, Balam, I guess I did misread that. It was cool seeing your reaction though.

-~-~-~-~

From my perspective, the wagon on Yos looks fairly town and therefore tempting. I feel like I'm missing something major though like oh, idk, some kind of read on Copper and Lord Fonzi, perhaps? There's also that issue of me trying to figure out why exactly I thought Yos looked town when I replaced in. I need to check back with smargaret because she thought he was town too initially, but we've both been getting a sinking feeling about Yos more recently.

- Incog
Cellar door.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by DaSpotthatkillsu »

well i mean do you think frog is way scummier?

if you do you're gonna be hangin there quite some time.

i don't think yos has been under L-1 yet.

i think at the least we can force a claim. most? catch scum like nobodies business.

switch your vote over and let put pressure on them.
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Final Destination »

Balam wrote:(Equinox)
Profane Confusion wrote:Hey, you two! What's going through your collective minds right now? What are your thoughts here about Mr. Yosarian2?
No collective thoughts right now. We're still in disagreement about half of the player list (Final Destination, Frogito Ergo Sum, Lord Fonzi, YosFlavouredCayke). I think our vote is on Unicorn Brethren at the moment; I still support that vote and RayFrost expressed support as of early Saturday morning, so there it stays.

I've been spending all of my time on a different game, so I'm not caught up in this thread at the moment. Not sure what else I can tell you.

As for YosFlavouredCayke, I'm torn because the stuff they've done make little sense to me as scum (i.e., NKs). AGar and RayFrost disagree (for the same reason, oddly enough). AGar has been V/LA, so we haven't had the chance to discuss this as a group. What I will say, though, is that RayFrost had made a post specifically for YosFlavouredCayke to respond to, and their lack of acknowledgment (as far as I'm aware)... guh, not sure how to take that, really, but it annoys me because we need that response..
I mean, if this isn't SCUMBUDDY FENCE SIT I just don't know waht is.

"well our buddy doesn't make sense because of the NKs... yeah. The NKs clear Yos."

L
O

Fuckin

L
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

I have no fucking idea what is going on in this thread. Would you rather I gave you a half-baked read as though I were confident in it?

Also, please read more than the first line. AGar and RayFrost don't agree with me; don't take "YosFlavouredCayke is town" as the hydra's official read. Call this fence-sitting all you want, but if I am not sure about something, I damn well am not sure about it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”