Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Final Destination »

Frogito Ergo Sum wrote: That said, any town credit FD gets for that point he immediately wastes by trying to spin Ether's "Probably Yosarian, I guess" comment into a scum tell.
You're a special kind of fuckin something aren't you?

So, as scum, pushing my mislynch case on Yos... I go back through the game and find ETHERS post and try and spin some horseshit?

NO. WHEN HAVEYOU EVER SEEN SCUM FUCKIN DO THAT?

Jesus. Your play this game is... well I've said enough on that front.

The Ether comment is a tell i believe in, and I'll be the one vindicated on a Yos scum flip post-game. And you'll be the one who's had their head up their ass all game voting townies and doing SWEET. FUCK. ALL.

Enough of that... I'm slightly drunk still and uhh.

Well not rage caps drunk but incoherent drunk.

I just remember readiong your post oin my phone earlier adn thinking "what a fuckin derp" and I had a response all planned out but it was one that needed to be typed out and shit and then i went out drinking and here we qare with the remnansts of that train of thought.

YOU WERE SO CLOSE TO ENLIGHTENMENT, TO INTELLIGENCE.

THEN DERP FEL SHORT.

ohbtw:

@Balamscumbuddy:
So how does a GreyICE kill NOT incriminate Yos again? As UB pointed out, it clearly does.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Balam wrote:(Equinox)

I have no fucking idea what is going on in this thread. Would you rather I gave you a half-baked read as though I were confident in it?

Also, please read more than the first line. AGar and RayFrost don't agree with me; don't take "YosFlavouredCayke is town" as the hydra's official read. Call this fence-sitting all you want, but if I am not sure about something, I damn well am not sure about it.
FENCE

SITTING

"POLEASE WERE NOT CALLING YOS TOWN ESPECIALLY SINCE THE ONLY BUDDY DEFENSE WE CAN MUSTER IS NK WIFOM"

"PLEASE DONT CHAIN LYNCH US TWO SCUM. WE HAVE A GOOD THING GOIN HERE HURRRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRR"

You're so fuckin dead.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Ill get through the rest of this shit when Im not playing Lozllzz
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

I JUST SAID I AM FENCE-SITTING. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT. DID YOU NOT READ THE OTHER POSTS WHERE, YOU KNOW, WE'RE WAITING ON SHIT?

Do you seriously believe that AGar, Equinox, or RayFrost would not bus YosFlavouredCayke at this point if we were both scum? But HURR DURR WIFOM LOL. No, don't fucking respond to that; I do not want to have to invent a way to drive a broken bottle through your face through the Internet.
Final Destination wrote:You're so fuckin dead.
All right, then, Fate, let's get this Balam wagon rollin'. Come on. Ignore the derps who think we're town; you have enough people to get rope around our necks.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:19 pm

I DONT GIVE A FUCK IF YOU ADMIT TO YOUR SCUMMINESS YOU THINK THAT MAKES IT ANY LESS SCUMMY YOU DUMB FUCJ>

NO NOT YOU TODAY

YOS TODAY
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

I KNOW YOU DON'T BECAUSE YOU DON'T GIVE ENOUGH SHITS TO READ MORE CAREFULLY.
Final Destination wrote:NO NOT YOU TODAY
X

BUT YEAH, SAVE US FOR LATER, THAT'D BE PRETTY AWESOME FOR US. NO, REALLY.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:25 pm

ILL TAKE THAT TO MEAN YOURE A SCUM ROLEBLOCKER OR SOMESHIT, MIND CLAIMIN THAT IN THREAD>
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

ALSO LOL IRONIC BECAUSE I'M NOT READING AT ALL.
Final Destination wrote:ILL TAKE THAT TO MEAN YOURE A SCUM ROLEBLOCKER OR SOMESHIT, MIND CLAIMIN THAT IN THREAD>
I'M NOT DRUNK ENOUGH.

There, my bases are covered. Now I'm out before I get yelled at for threadshitting because this shit isn't productive.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:27 pm

d. Now I'm out before I get yelled at for threadshitting because this shit isn't productive.
d. Now I'm out before I get yelled at for threadshitting because this shit isn't productive.
LOOK

WHOS

FUCKION
|
|CARES

HOW

THEY

LOOK.

HAI
SCUM
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Balam »

Ohey, fate's being a retarded drunk again. Ain't this familiar.

You were wrong then, you are wrong now. Please stop drunk posting. You're posting is complete shit when you do. Your tunneling is wrong yet again. You're tiresome irritating, repetitive, and devoid of much of anything in logic. Please follow the advice I gave you in open 294 that you ignored and went "lol scum" in reaction to. Btw, who pm'd me saying "SHUT UP SCUM I CAUGHT YOU WHEN DRUNK" when I said they were stupid when drunk? Oh right, fate. Now, I dislike attacking people for their terrible playstyle rather than their actual play, but can you at least attempt to give a semblance of intelligence by
not
drunk posting? SERIOUSLY.

Now that the rant's out of the way, to respond to your "points"

1. Fence sitting - the only "point" even worth calling a point. Note 1) that equinox is the only one in this hydra that
doesn't
feel yos is scummy, and equinox isn't sure. 2) going "hurr durr, everything u sai is scummy scum scum lies" is a great way to go "tralalalalala, NOT LISTENING" while also pissing the other person off. GJ

2. "only scum cares how they look" - not true. I make sure to brush my teeth every day. :roll: Aside from that, this game's nigh near lylo if it isn't already there.
Why would town willingly let themselves get lynched over stupid shit (like your "points") when it would mean a loss?

Fate. Cold water. In your face. Then pass the fuck out. Then come back when sober. Maybe then you'll actually not be so skullfuckingly stupid in your postings. Until then, read open 294 over and over and over. Especially the results in this post. Remind yourself that you are absolute shit when reading anything involving me. Because you are. You always will be at this rate.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by Balam »

There, I summed up the entirety of my rage that was displayed in open 294 in a single post.

Moving right along to doing something completely without permission from anybody else in the hydra...

Unvote
Yos, I don't want to put you at L-1 yet because of the moderate possibility of a :quickhammer: by some derp, but consider yourself at pseudo-L-1.

I can see that you guys are too much of a buncha sacks o' derp to lynch UB, and that's fine. We can let deliberately bad play intended to make everything that's scummy seem like a VI-tell and let failscum win the game. That's fine.

I'm going to give you guys my reads here, just cuz I'm on a roll.

Town: FD (unfortunate but true: fate drunk posting like this is a town tell, even as he completely and utterly fails), PC (incog <3), daspot (unless kcda is completely self-aware of his meta and actively and totally changing it within the span of a single game, he's town)

Unknowns: The Gurgi (dependent on... stuff)

Shaky ground: Copper (reasons given), FES (I can't let go of my initial suspicion, but it's lessened)

Scum: UB, YFC

Reads will almost certainly change based upon lolflips.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by Copper »

Balam wrote: As for Unicorn Brethren, that's not a policy lynch. At least, it isn't for me. I've wanted them dead since yesterday, but everyone just went on their merry way as if my vote did not happen. Yeah, thanks for waiting until today to tell us we're off our rockers, despite most of you raging your heads off yesterday that they were playing like idiots and then, for some inane reason, refusing to lynch them off the face of the planet.

As for playing like idiots, that is why I believe them to be scum. On Day 1, they started off somewhat okay, and then their play went straight down the chute when people gave them the pass to be a 6-headed menace of a disaster. On Day 2, they continued that trolling behavior, going for weeks without any helpful contributions. Suddenly, today, they've decided they want to play again. SCUM BENEFIT FROM THIS SORT OF PLAY. TOWN DOES NOT.

This rush to defend Unicorn Brethren today pisses me off, and I'm willing to bet good money it stinks.
This is patently untrue. We have, from literally our first post, explained why Unicorn is town. Yes, their play was indeed anti-town, but not scummy. What I find especially odd is that you once criticized us for our nuanced opinion, when we stated that we sympathize with the dislike of Unicorn, but they're not scum. So clearly you read it. And yet, you're acting as though not wanting to lynch Unicorn Bretheren is some new development. This reeks of petulant scum, whinging that "they're playing so bad, what do you mean I don't get my mislynch?"

---
Profane Confusion wrote:We've played in at least 5 forum games together on opposite sides and same sides, numerous face-to-face games together, and you really can't see I'm town here? Yos, are you scum?
I abhor posts like this. What it's doing, if you look under the surface, is threatening people into giving you townreads. There are very few people who can be so obviously town that merely suspecting them is a scumtell, and you are not among their ranks.

---
Lord Fonzi wrote: @Copper: If you had to choose between FES and FD right now (and I'm aware you don't) which would you choose?
In terms of individual play, we'd rather lynch FES by a mile. But look below for an associative problem we'd have with an FES lynch. (FinalDestination continues to be strongly town.)

More importantly, Balam and FES are almost certainly not scum together, so it would be foolish to lynch FES before Balam.

---

I have to point this out, because it's really bugging me. I haven't talked it over in the QT but I think it should be said immediately.
Lord Fonzi wrote: Your little analysis completely omits copper. There are nine alive. Copper is actually a player we are concerned about, because they sure sound good, but I can't actually think of anything particularly protown they've done.
Profane Confusion wrote:I agree with LF's 381 since I can't point to anything specifically pro-town that Copper has done all game either. So I'm concerned with how people are just ticking them off without really looking into them.
I began to ponder what exactly it is we aren't doing. We don't post as often as some other hydras, true (a pattern consistent throughout our games - quality over quantity), but we've been asking questions, voting, and all of that. The especially odd thing is that every lynch so far has been a mislynch.

And then I realized - some people have, simply by the pidgeonhole principle, voted for scum. Others have voted for town. And yes, those voting for scum have been more pro-town than those voting for town. Scum know who is doing what.

I can't help but feel that this accusation is an unconscious admittance from Fozni and Confusion that FES is townie. After our push on his wagon yesterday, it's certainly true that we haven't been as pro-town as those voting for scum. It feels as though we're being implicated for our efforts in securing a mislynch, before that mislynch is secured.

Of course, I don't have the arrogance to assume I've called the scumteam, and this single tell isn't worth voting off of. But I can't shake the feeling this is something important.

---
Profane Confusion wrote: For example, Copper, I don't really get your vote and case. It seems to amount to "Balam has been shady around FES wagons. Therefore Balam is either scum with FES or Balam is scum while FES is town and they're waiting for the FES flip to unleash some fury." The thing that puzzles me is I always got the impression that you thought FES was scum, so I don't get why you'd now choose to vote off-wagon for this kind of reason. Break it down for me?
Instead of breaking it down, I will build it up by mentioning a point made in QT that was not included in our last post. (Don't blame my comrade for that, I specifically asked to make this point personally. Sadly, I've had time issues of late.)

Start from the assumpion that Balam and FES cannot be scum together. A safe bet, in our view - when a scumbag is looking so close to being lynched, a hail mary defense in the style of Balam is just too risky.

Now, the scum are sitting in a fairly safe spot. They have a host of mislynches to chose from. And strategic scum, in those situations, don't simply bank the easiest one and leave it at that. They start thinking of HOW to get those mislynches.

FES is what could be called a "safe mislynch". Under incredible pressure from town, and playing with a vote-parking style that always leads to oblivion, sooner or later. Crucially, more FES posting is not so likely to improve their status.

Unicorn? A carnival of bad posting that is being correctly read by most of the thread. Still, there's enough dislike of them that a policy lynch could go through.

Gummybear? A lurker. But, and here is where it gets interesting, a lurker that
appears as though they will stop lurking.
Gummybear promised more time in the future. As well, Gummybear's vote on the FES wagon was poor.

So, secure the Gummybear mislynch first, then the Unicorn lynch (no one will ever policy lynch LYLO), and THEN revisit the well-prepared FES mislynch. Gummybear looked poised to improve, while FES has been apathetic all game.

Today's actions from Balam have been absolutely congruent with strategic scum. Unicorn is finally being something more than an albatross around our necks, and Equinox has literally used this as a point
against
them. We were frustrated with Unicorn for wasting a town slot; Balam is apparently frustrated they are using it. You are not content with a surge of content from Unicorn, so let's follow this thread a little longer: what would it take for you to view Unicorn as town?

Preview Edit:
Balam wrote:I can see that you guys are too much of a buncha sacks o' derp to lynch UB, and that's fine. We can let deliberately bad play intended to make everything that's scummy seem like a VI-tell and let failscum win the game. That's fine.
Ah, sour grapes. How unfair it is that Unicorn is correctly read as town with so minimal effort by almost every member of the town.

---

YossarianFlavoredCayke: Why should we vote for FinalDestination?
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by Balam »

Copper wrote:
Balam wrote: As for Unicorn Brethren, that's not a policy lynch. At least, it isn't for me. I've wanted them dead since yesterday, but everyone just went on their merry way as if my vote did not happen. Yeah, thanks for waiting until today to tell us we're off our rockers, despite most of you raging your heads off yesterday that they were playing like idiots and then, for some inane reason, refusing to lynch them off the face of the planet.

As for playing like idiots, that is why I believe them to be scum. On Day 1, they started off somewhat okay, and then their play went straight down the chute when people gave them the pass to be a 6-headed menace of a disaster. On Day 2, they continued that trolling behavior, going for weeks without any helpful contributions. Suddenly, today, they've decided they want to play again. SCUM BENEFIT FROM THIS SORT OF PLAY. TOWN DOES NOT.

This rush to defend Unicorn Brethren today pisses me off, and I'm willing to bet good money it stinks.
This is patently untrue. We have, from literally our first post, explained why Unicorn is town. Yes, their play was indeed anti-town, but not scummy. What I find especially odd is that you once criticized us for our nuanced opinion, when we stated that we sympathize with the dislike of Unicorn, but they're not scum. So clearly you read it. And yet, you're acting as though not wanting to lynch Unicorn Bretheren is some new development. This reeks of petulant scum, whinging that "they're playing so bad, what do you mean I don't get my mislynch?"
Um. "You are wrong, we said why UB is town." Relation to what we said is nil with your first two sentences. Oh, I realize what you're saying. I'm sorry, but that post
wasn't just addressing you
. I know, I know, sometimes we talk about other people. Shocker. It's more the fact that, when we go for the lynch today, suddenly there's an uproar from multiple different people (contrast with yesterday where the vote went by without commentary). This is an issue because of the fact there's no agreement. None. It's essentially "yeah, they've been absolutely and completely unfuckingreadable on purpose and all, but that's not a scumtell." Not like doing this for two days straight and then, when pressured right out of the gate, suddenly posting quality is a scumtell amirite? Completely normal for them to be utter derps and then underp suddenly. Not like their initial derpage isn't clearly a ploy to get by. Not at all.
Rust wrote:Start from the assumpion that Balam and FES cannot be scum together. A safe bet, in our view - when a scumbag is looking so close to being lynched, a hail mary defense in the style of Balam is just too risky.

Now, the scum are sitting in a fairly safe spot. They have a host of mislynches to chose from. And strategic scum, in those situations, don't simply bank the easiest one and leave it at that. They start thinking of HOW to get those mislynches.

FES is what could be called a "safe mislynch". Under incredible pressure from town, and playing with a vote-parking style that always leads to oblivion, sooner or later. Crucially, more FES posting is not so likely to improve their status.

Unicorn? A carnival of bad posting that is being correctly read by most of the thread. Still, there's enough dislike of them that a policy lynch could go through.
FYI: we aren't going after FES. Another FYI: IF A UB POLICY LYNCH COULD GO THROUGH, WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION: IT WOULD BE NIGHT OR GG OR WHATEVER. So falsehood here. Moving on.

[quote="A penny for your thoughts]Gummybear? A lurker. But, and here is where it gets interesting, a lurker that
Gummybear promised more time in the future. As well, Gummybear's vote on the FES wagon was poor.

So, secure the Gummybear mislynch first, then the Unicorn lynch (no one will ever policy lynch LYLO), and THEN revisit the well-prepared FES mislynch. Gummybear looked poised to improve, while FES has been apathetic all game.

Today's actions from Balam have been absolutely congruent with strategic scum. Unicorn is finally being something more than an albatross around our necks, and Equinox has literally used this as a point
against
them. We were frustrated with Unicorn for wasting a town slot; Balam is apparently frustrated they are using it. You are not content with a surge of content from Unicorn, so let's follow this thread a little longer: what would it take for you to view Unicorn as town?[/quote]

Yeah, sure, we just happen to be "strategic" scum that could read your minds and tell that you'd be fine with the gumybear lynch. Makes sense. The surge of content isn't the issue so much as the previous complete and utter lack of it. The contrast is just appallingly clear that they were obviously and clearly waiting until they had gotten a "solid town" read from everybody before even trying to be helpful. The deliberate obfuscating of their alignment was not just some failure. It was a complete and total scam, as evidenced
by the very content you say is good
. If they can suddenly post good content, why were they completely unable to before? People do not become intelligible overnight.

A believable, feasible explanation for why they were completely deliberate derpsicles d1/2 and are suddenly having intelligence d3 when the only changes are 1) the fact people say they are town 2) it's approaching lylo if it isn't already. Give me a pro-town motivation or explain how scum would not opt to do this as part of a strategy.
Iron's cooler wrote:
Balam wrote:I can see that you guys are too much of a buncha sacks o' derp to lynch UB, and that's fine. We can let deliberately bad play intended to make everything that's scummy seem like a VI-tell and let failscum win the game. That's fine.
Ah, sour grapes. How unfair it is that Unicorn is correctly read as town with so minimal effort by
almost every member of the town.
Something worth noting in the bolded. What's the reason that it's only
almost
? Oh, right, because WE ARE THE ONLY ONES SUSPECTING THEM. That means that not only are the townies going "yeah, UB-town, who cares that they were deliberate fuckwads?" but also the scum going "yeah, UB-town, wut u talkin' 'bout balam?" - how exactly does this correlate with us being suspect based upon our suspicion? I'm not following your thought process of "lol, balam's whining because everybody but them is saying UB-town so they must be scum" - it conveniently leaves out the bit about how there's other scum who are actively defending UB regardless of our alignment.

How about a thought experiment. Assuming balam-town, how do you explain the fact that
every single player in this game aside from balam has completely shed their suspicion of the UB player slot
? It's seriously evaporated faster than water splashed onto an overheated car engine.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by Balam »

Reposting for *fixed tags*
Balam wrote:
A penny for your thoughts wrote:Gummybear? A lurker. But, and here is where it gets interesting, a lurker that

against
them. We were frustrated with Unicorn for wasting a town slot; Balam is apparently frustrated they are using it. You are not content with a surge of content from Unicorn, so let's follow this thread a little longer: what would it take for you to view Unicorn as town?
Yeah, sure, we just happen to be "strategic" scum that could read your minds and tell that you'd be fine with the gumybear lynch. Makes sense. The surge of content isn't the issue so much as the previous complete and utter lack of it. The contrast is just appallingly clear that they were obviously and clearly waiting until they had gotten a "solid town" read from everybody before even trying to be helpful. The deliberate obfuscating of their alignment was not just some failure. It was a complete and total scam, as evidenced
by the very content you say is good
. If they can suddenly post good content, why were they completely unable to before? People do not become intelligible overnight.

A believable, feasible explanation for why they were completely deliberate derpsicles d1/2 and are suddenly having intelligence d3 when the only changes are 1) the fact people say they are town 2) it's approaching lylo if it isn't already. Give me a pro-town motivation or explain how scum would not opt to do this as part of a strategy.
Iron's cooler wrote:
Ah, sour grapes. How unfair it is that Unicorn is correctly read as town with so minimal effort by
almost every member of the town.
Something worth noting in the bolded. What's the reason that it's only
almost
? Oh, right, because WE ARE THE ONLY ONES SUSPECTING THEM. That means that not only are the townies going "yeah, UB-town, who cares that they were deliberate fuckwads?" but also the scum going "yeah, UB-town, wut u talkin' 'bout balam?" - how exactly does this correlate with us being suspect based upon our suspicion? I'm not following your thought process of "lol, balam's whining because everybody but them is saying UB-town so they must be scum" - it conveniently leaves out the bit about how there's other scum who are actively defending UB regardless of our alignment.

How about a thought experiment. Assuming balam-town, how do you explain the fact that
every single player in this game aside from balam has completely shed their suspicion of the UB player slot
? It's seriously evaporated faster than water splashed onto an overheated car engine.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:14 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Final Destination wrote:(add one of the reasons Fonzi is scum: perfectly content to sit on the FES wagon today
Utterly untrue
and now is fine with my lynch. See: Scum lining up a FD-FES lynch to win the game since tomorrow is LyLo and FES should be cake to lynch then if I'm dead today. He's content with either lynch, aka makes me think we're both town)
We were first on you today. We're not 'fine' with it, we are, well I am, actively pushing it.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:
Final Destination wrote:Surge?

You have played with me before right?

With AGM Mia, I could either LURKFEST it up, or catch fuckin scum like I do best.
In this game, you lurk like hell, except when people vote for you, and then suddenly you care about the game. That's been your pattern all game.
QFT X 1 BILLION
Profane Confusion wrote:Oh Daspot. Daspot Daspot Daspot. Having good logic does not always mean a player is town.
Another QFT. Let's face it, if we just lynched whoever had the worst logic, it would be DaSpot in a heartbeat.
DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:
honestly why give me a great reason why yoscayke isn't scum

like a undeniable proof.
Case in point. 'If you can't prove undeniably you're town, you're scum.'
Final Destination wrote: Fonzi-Hasn't done much scumhunting aside from his "IM DA POST POLICE" which he never even followed up on. Started my mislynch wagon today because I switched off a deadFES wagon onto Gummy. Mentions nothing of others who did the same, his case consists of "I can't see town moving off their highest suspect" o rly? That's scum language right there. I explained clearly why I jumped off FES, his wagon was dying and he wasn't posting anything to MAKE a case on, so GM was a damn good alternative.
OK, you're going to have to fucking explain 'not done much scumhunting' because as far as I'm concerned, pretty much everything we've done has been scumhunting. (I don't know what post you're on about with 'IM DA POST POLICE"). We consistently attacked GummyBear because they did things we consider to be hallmarks of scum, namely, lurking, making unmemorable posts, AtE, making excuses, and behaviour seemingly at odds with their claimed reads. Then we attacked you. We have consistently pointed out behaviour we believe to be suspicious. This does not feel like an accusation grounded in reality at all, more a lazy attempt to sling mud.

And our argument is not 'We can't see town moving off their highest suspect.' We can, but there are situations where it can happen, and situations where it's less likely to be genuine. the FES was EMPHATICALLY WAS NOT DEAD when you left it, it was tied for the lead. It was really your shift that put GB into the 'presumptive lynch' category. And you made that shift having insisted in the previous post that an FES death was 100% the priority, and having not really talked about Gummybear at all prior to that. Before that switch, I could have bought that you were town who was simply focussed on FES to the exclusion of everything else. It fits the Fate head's known playstyle. But what I can't buy is the cognitive dissonance required to be that tunneled on FES for the whole day to the point when you basically completely ignore the Gummy case right up until it achieves parity with your preferred wagon, then jump it on the basis of something completely minor. I would have expected the true town, tunneling Fate to start howling with frustration and demanding people revote FES immediately.

As for the others who switched on FES/Gummy, Balam's switch doesn't really make any sense if he's scum and FES is town. It's the 'consistency is slightly scummy' thing FES mentioned- it makes very little sense for a scum to jump off a town wagon that looks likely to succeed through simple inertia to try to push a different one. It might be some kind of convoluted distancing strategy, in the hope that it doesn't actually succeed, but people in future days might go 'Well look, Balam made a bold move against FES there when he really didn't have to.' But that, of course, requires FES-scum first, so why would we go after Balam today? Also, their move required a certain amount of boldness, whereas yours was following the herd.

There were two others. Greymarble is now dead conftown, and that just leaves DaSpot. And yes, the move is suspicious on DaSpot's behalf as it is for you. But that doesn't mean it's not scummy for you, and other circumstances (GM kill, general behaviour) make them a less good suspect than you. I hate the 'Well, other people did one of the points of your argument against us, so it's not valid' argument. It's such utter horseshit.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Profane Confusion »

Balam: What made Yos suddenly jump to a scum spot on your list?
Copper wrote:I can't help but feel that this accusation is an unconscious admittance from Fozni and Confusion that FES is townie. After our push on his wagon yesterday, it's certainly true that we haven't been as pro-town as those voting for scum. It feels as though we're being implicated for our efforts in securing a mislynch, before that mislynch is secured.
This is quite possibly one of the weirdest things I've ever read. How does what I said in that post you quoted translate into an admittance that FES is town? What I said there about you was completely unrelated to FES; part of what RayFrost said in his 1034 summarized exactly what I've been thinking about your slot in that I too feel like "your style of play is kinda the blank-walled poker face read that I can't get through." The fact that you post so infrequently only magnifies that thought since I can't get a feel for you in real time. You might as well be ELIZA 2.0.

Because of all that, you have done nothing that even remotely makes me think you're pro-town. You seem to be implying that the recipe for you to be pro-town is the following:

1)
Be logical.
2)
Vote correctly.
3)
Ask questions and ish.
4)
Stir and fry.

But for me, when I think of someone being pro-town I know that it's a feeling that I get from their posts that's very difficult to fake. And you my friend are the most neutral read I've had in a long time. Even after you explained the logic behind your Balam vote, I still think you're as neutral as a 7.0 on the pH scale.

-~-~-~-~

@Daspot:
No, I can't switch over to Yos since I don't want an L-1 on anyone just yet. Is my vote doing anything special on FES right now? Probably not, but I'll leave it there anyway.

- Incog
Cellar door.
Unicorn Brethren
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Unicorn Brethren »

Hey Copper/Fonzi/Profane: Shut the hell up with your analysis shit, and throw a vote on Yos.

Whether you like it or not, whether he's your scumbuddy or not, just shut the fuck up and vote.

[this message has not been approved by the Unicorns but may be approved by George W Bush]
A wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:33 am

No.
Cellar door.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:36 am

And that message was approved by Bill Clinton who's far superior to George Bush.
Cellar door.
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:27 am

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

V/La. Lost power in the storm on Saturday. Finally got power back, but cable and phone lines are still down, so still no internet at home, until someone comes out and fixes it.

-Yos
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

I will say that 'The two people who've called us out as looking middle of the pack-ish must know FES is town because they're attacking us, and because they know FES is town are scum' looks like one of the most elaborately disguised OMGUSes I've ever seen. "Let's see, if we phrase it transitively no-one will catch that we're attacking them for suggesting we might be scum!" I find it interesting you say 'What aren't we doing, we're voting and asking questions' when Imho, asking questions is a great way of appearing active.
@Copper:
Can you point to any of your questions producing information you found invaluable, which you used to really strengthen or change a read?[/b]

To elaborate on my feelings regarding DaSpot, Copper, etc:
Greymarble wrote:The mafia will not be found by playing "pick three of:"

The spot hydra
The flaky hydra
The 'catchup soon' hydra
The 'how the hell do we vote?' hydra
If I've got this right, then the flaky hydra is the slot now occupied by PC, the 'catchup soon' one was Gummy, and the 'How the hell do we vote?' one is UB. Given that GM was nightkilled, I'd be astounded if there's more than one scum in that list. Scum don't NK people who are defending 2 of their number.

Now, UB is obvtown because of the QT quoting thing. That tells me, at the very least, that there are two scum in the remaining:

FES
Balam
YosCayke
FD
Copper

Of these, I'm least interested in a Balam lynch: I don't really see them as scum without FES. In addition, willingness to unabashedly advocate policy lynching is a protown sign imho: it seems like in the current meta, merely whispering the word 'policy' will automatically get you at least two votes immediately.

FD is clearly a better option than YC because they're individually so much scummier. It's funny, because i simultaneously feel that the arguments presented for a Yos lynch (he had a firm townread on someone he played with a lot and finds easy to read, Ether only said he was 'probably' town, Spot's omgus, any claim involving them not giving reasons or being logical) are some of the most obviously fucktarded drivel I've ever read, and his case on Spot made enough sense that I could see Yostown believing it. Yet due to PoE I'm not comfortable going as far as to say they're a townread. They're good scum, it's not impossible they could be faking it. But I'm never, never, going to to vote someone on the basis of PoE alone when I honestly can't point to one thing they've done that looks genuinely scummy in isolation. I detest it when Yos does it, after all.

Copper- I'm going to try to expand on why I feel uneasy here. On FES:
Ultimately, it's a six of one, half-dozen of the other situation. We want him lynched. All the same, it's interesting that we have people trying to lynch FES for literally opposing reasons (voting DaSpot/not voting DaSpot). This may be a point worth pursuing tomorrow.
Copper, however, could well be scum.
Why do they bring up the contradictory reasons stuff? And what is so 'interesting' about it, how would it be pursued tomorrow? I can't decide if this is a weird attempt to undermine the wagon whilst appearing to support it, or setting up to mislynch other players on the wagon after FES flips town.

As for their interactions with Yos, read their section on YFC on replacing in. 'The Ether thing is OTT.' 'They distanced themselves from US, were they firmly supporting or resigned to it?' "This isn't as firm a criticism as it might sound." Then today, they don't mention Yos. At all.

They seem to do a lot of 'This, however that, and maybe sometime in the future something else' posting. They also seem, and this may be an irrational prejudice, unfailingly polite. They come across as not wanting to upset anyone. I mean, stuff like this:
Copper wrote:We can sympathize with Balam in that the Unicorns are intolerable. The "that wasn't the hammer?" post in particular suggests deliberately playing to an anti-town meta, instead of merely failing to contribute. Were we hoodwinked by a deliberate ploy of "too scummy to be scum?" It's possible. But, nonetheless, I still can't make myself believe in earnest that the day one play came from scum
It just feels like their posts are trying to come across as sympathetic and relatable. Likeable. I've long contended that town should be willing to make enemies, and that politeness is a scumtell. They could just be nice people, but it gives me a bad feeling.

Yesterday, they said this of Balam moving onto GB:
Balam's swap seems like an unlikely, risky gambit for Balam and FES-scum
This line of argument seems to have been forgotten. Do you really see Balam-scum bothering to try to swing a wagon from a townie to another townie? Something that I've argued for plenty in recent-ish games, and been vindicated in, is that scum rarely bother to attempt to swing a wagon from townie to townie late on in a day. It's just not worth the hassle.
Unicorn Brethren
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:01 am

YosFlavouredCayke wrote:V/La. Lost power in the storm on Saturday. Finally got power back, but cable and phone lines are still down, so still no internet at home, until someone comes out and fixes it.

-Yos
Well, that's convenient as hell. Why don't you just have Cayke post then, in your absence? No reason to call V/LA. Sucks about the tornadoes though.

tl;dr: I call bullshit on your bullshit.
Profane Confusion wrote:No.
Shut the fuck up, you! Do what we say! :D
Lord Fonzi wrote:I will say that 'The two people who've called us out as looking middle of the pack-ish must know FES is town because they're attacking us, and because they know FES is town are scum' looks like one of the most
elaborately disguised OMGUS
es I've ever seen. "Let's see, if we phrase it transitively no-one will catch that we're attacking them for suggesting we might be scum!" I find it interesting you say 'What aren't we doing, we're voting and asking questions' when Imho, asking questions is a great way of appearing active.
@Copper: Can you point to any of your questions producing information you found invaluable, which you used to really strengthen or change a read?

To elaborate on my feelings regarding DaSpot, Copper, etc:
Greymarble wrote:The mafia will not be found by playing "pick three of:"

The spot hydra
The flaky hydra
The 'catchup soon' hydra
The 'how the hell do we vote?' hydra
If I've got this right, then the flaky hydra is the slot now occupied by PC, the 'catchup soon' one was Gummy, and the 'How the hell do we vote?' one is UB. Given that GM was nightkilled, I'd be astounded if there's more than one scum in that list. Scum don't NK people who are defending 2 of their number.

Now, UB is obvtown because of the QT quoting thing.
That tells me, at the very least, that there are two scum in the remaining:

FES
Balam
YosCayke
FD
Copper

Of these, I'm least interested in a Balam lynch: I don't really see them as scum without FES. In addition, willingness to unabashedly advocate policy lynching is a protown sign imho: it seems like in the current meta, merely whispering the word 'policy' will automatically get you at least two votes immediately.

FD is clearly a better option than YC because they're individually so much scummier.
It's funny, because i simultaneously feel that the arguments presented for a Yos lynch (he had a firm townread on someone he played with a lot and finds easy to read, Ether only said he was 'probably' town, Spot's omgus, any claim involving them not giving reasons or being logical) are some of the most obviously fucktarded drivel I've ever read, and his case on Spot made enough sense that I could see Yostown believing it. Yet due to PoE I'm not comfortable going as far as to say they're a townread. They're good scum, it's not impossible they could be faking it. But
I'm never, never, going to to vote someone on the basis of PoE alone when I honestly can't point to one thing they've done that looks genuinely scummy in isolation.
I detest it when Yos does it, after all.

Copper- I'm going to try to expand on why I feel uneasy here.
On FES:
Ultimately, it's a six of one, half-dozen of the other situation. We want him lynched. All the same, it's interesting that we have people trying to lynch FES for literally opposing reasons (voting DaSpot/not voting DaSpot). This may be a point worth pursuing tomorrow.
Copper, however, could well be scum.
Why do they bring up the contradictory reasons stuff? And what is so 'interesting' about it, how would it be pursued tomorrow?
I can't decide if this is a weird attempt to undermine the wagon whilst appearing to support it, or setting up to mislynch other players on the wagon after FES flips town.
Gay shit is in purple, contradictory shit is in blue.

About the
purple
:
First, how can you elaborately disguise omgus? It's fucking obvious what's omgus and what isn't.
Second, we've been telling you that Copper is scum ever since they replaced in. Why are you only questioning them now?
Third, stop buddying to us already by calling us town. Copper's done it, you've done it, I don't know who else has done it. We've been obvtown the whole game, everyone knows it.
Fourth, no. Just no. FD is not a better choice than Yos-scum by ANY stretch. You're just being retarded. Just because half the town is eating out of your hand doesn't make you right, or pro-town.
Fifth, the way you're addressing that comment to Copper: "Copper - I'm going to try to explain why I feel uneasy here" absolutely terribly REEKS of scum. IT. FUCKING. REEKS. You are obv-scum and it's not even funny.

About the
blue
. How the FUCK are you not going to use PoE when you use PoE? Yeah you said "on PoE ALONE", but that's still a shit argument because who the fuck bases shit only on ISOLATION when everything should be taken in context? Random fucking scumtells in isolation ARE NOT the way to be scumhunting on Day THREE. You know it, I know it, and everyone else here who doesn't have their head up their ass knows it.

Orange at the bottom
:

So, you strongly believe FES is town, huh? Then why don't you think either of the (mis)lynches on him went through on either Day 1 or Day 2? Any halfway competent scum group could have put that through rather EASILY, right?
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Unicorn Brethren wrote:
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:V/La. Lost power in the storm on Saturday. Finally got power back, but cable and phone lines are still down, so still no internet at home, until someone comes out and fixes it.

-Yos
Well, that's convenient as hell. Why don't you just have Cayke post then, in your absence? No reason to call V/LA. Sucks about the tornadoes though.

Oh yeah, YOS IS TOTALLY FAKING A TORNADO.
UB wrote:Gay shit is in purple, contradictory shit is in blue.
Go fuck yourself, hard, for using gay as a pejorative.
Unitard Brethren wrote:First, how can you elaborately disguise omgus? It's fucking obvious what's omgus and what isn't.
You don't think that coming up with a really fucking convoluted rationalization for why the reason people are suspicious of you is somehow scummy is not an attempt to hide the omgus? Your statement here is just not true. In pretty much every game I've been in where someone has accused someone else of omgus, it's then prompted a heated debate over whether it is or not, and you usually get other people disagreeing. In this case, copper came up with a really, really reachy argument to explain why the two people who'd just expressed suspicion of him were scum, a total non-sequitur. OMGUS.
UB wrote:Second, we've been telling you that Copper is scum ever since they replaced in. Why are you only questioning them now?
We were calling Gummy scum all of yesterday, wagon only sprung up close to deadline. Believe it or not, people have the ability to re-assess their reads of other people. Copper was neutral-ish, but DaSpot completely omitting them from their list of all the players/PoE thing made me want to look closely at them, precisely because everyone seemed to be blithely ignoring them and assuming they were town just because they used nice long words and didn't upset anyone. Also, 'DERP COPPER IS SO SCUM GUYZ' is not a convincing argument. Especially when it's like the sixth different scumread you've expressed in the previous ten posts or something.
UB wrote:Third, stop buddying to us already by calling us town. Copper's done it, you've done it, I don't know who else has done it. We've been obvtown the whole game, everyone knows it.
Except that, you know, I called you town on the basis of the QT tell in my first post. I'm not going to stop thinking you are town just because you happen to apply a scummy-sounding label to our position. Believe it or not, town players get town reads.
UB wrote:Fourth, no. Just no. FD is not a better choice than Yos-scum by ANY stretch. You're just being retarded. Just because half the town is eating out of your hand doesn't make you right, or pro-town.
The case on FD is so much better than the retarded Yos case it's untrue. Anyone who thinks otherwise probably likes lead with their cornflakes.
UB wrote:Fifth, the way you're addressing that comment to Copper: "Copper - I'm going to try to explain why I feel uneasy here" absolutely terribly REEKS of scum. IT. FUCKING. REEKS. You are obv-scum and it's not even funny.
Fine. Explain what's scummy about wanting to pinpoint and explain why a player gives you a bad feeling.
Retard Brethren wrote:About the
blue
. How the FUCK are you not going to use PoE when you use PoE? Yeah you said "on PoE ALONE", but that's still a shit argument because who the fuck bases shit only on ISOLATION when everything should be taken in context? Random fucking scumtells in isolation ARE NOT the way to be scumhunting on Day THREE. You know it, I know it, and everyone else here who doesn't have their head up their ass knows it.
I've been voted solely on that basis before, and by protown players as well, indeed at lylo so you fail horrendously. "Well, I've no real read on Fonz, but X Y and Z are town, so he must be scum." PoE isn't an 'isolated scumtell' it's a system of finding town players then lynching the others. Ask Yos about that Large Normal game where he decided I was scum despite the fact that I'd just led a wagon on a scumbag which very nearly succeeded (said scumbag was then SK-killed overnight) because of PoE.
Orange at the bottom
:

So, you strongly believe FES is town, huh? Then why don't you think either of the (mis)lynches on him went through on either Day 1 or Day 2? Any halfway competent scum group could have put that through rather EASILY, right?
No, I don't. If I did, I WOULD HAVE SAID SO. Undermining a wagon while appearing to support it, if you hadn't guessed, would be an associative tell with FES. There were two possibilities, one which makes FES look like scum, the other which suggests copper is scum without FES, but neither looks good for Copper as an individual.
Unicorn Brethren
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Lord Fonzi wrote:
Unicorn Brethren wrote:

-Yos
Well, that's convenient as hell.
Why don't you just have Cayke post then, in your absence?
No reason to call V/LA.
Sucks about the tornadoes though.

Oh yeah, YOS IS TOTALLY FAKING A TORNADO.
You're fuckin retarded. Read what I bolded, idiot. I said "tornadoes suck" as in "yes, I've heard about those 200+ tornadoes, that sucks", and I also implied "why don't you have Cayke post in your absence, instead of posting V/la to get out of having to post while being the main wagon?"

Why are you trying to twist this around so that I'm accusing Yos of lying about tornadoes? You're fucking stupid.
Lord Fonzi wrote:
UB wrote:Gay shit is in purple, contradictory shit is in blue.
Go fuck yourself, hard, for using gay as a pejorative.
Yawn, Inc.
Lord Fonzi wrote:Unitard Brethren
Lord Fonzi wrote:Retard Brethren
Cute.
Lord Fonzi wrote:
First, how can you elaborately disguise omgus? It's fucking obvious what's omgus and what isn't.
You don't think that coming up with a really fucking convoluted rationalization for why the reason people are suspicious of you is somehow scummy is not an attempt to hide the omgus? Your statement here is just not true. In pretty much every game I've been in where someone has accused someone else of omgus, it's then prompted a heated debate over whether it is or not, and you usually get other people disagreeing. In this case, copper came up with a really, really reachy argument to explain why the two people who'd just expressed suspicion of him were scum, a total non-sequitur. OMGUS.
Arguing on the internets is tech, etc.

...omg zzzzzzzzz... I'm skipping the rest of this gay-ass post. I have better things to do.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

I'd like to refer you all to the original post.
The Ruleset wrote: 2. Keep your posts at least moderately polite and respectful.
Yeah, your mod isn't impressed.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”