Mini 1135: Deadmines - DONE. PRAISE AZEROTH.

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:03 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

GG all, will post Night actions and thoughts tomorrow.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Parama »

PARTYIN PARTYIN YEAH

That was a fun but tough game :/
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Antihero »

Wow, that was surprising.

Good game, everyone.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Parama »

I'm assuming smarg was the mafia RB, btw.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Actually, we were all just saboteurs. With three alive, we could vote-steal. With two alive, we could roleblock. With one alive, we could kill.

I'm a little upset by a few things, but I tried my damned hardest. We knew we were toast on Day 3. I had a lot of thoughts typed up, but they got erased. Essentially:

#1) There were WAY too many confirmable town roles in this setup. Parama & Antihero could confirm themselves quite easily, not to mention the fact that with each investigation/tracker they gave out, we had a significantly higher chance of being found out as well.

#2) On top of that, there was a doctor who could save one person per night, PLUS a bulletproof vest that was given out, PLUS Sathoris was a one-shot bulletproof. That's three people our kill would fail on during any given night.

#3) Had we opted to kill someone else instead of ender (like, Parama or Antihero), we probably still could have won this game. The ender kill was us trying to hit the cop-giver-outer, and we had it narrowed down to ender/Antihero... but we thought we could push a mislynch on Anithero, so we shot ender instead.

Despite all the complaints, I have to say this was the perfect game to be my last mini theme. I had a lot of fun, it was challenging, and in my 20+ games of being scum, smargaret was one of the best scumbuddies I've ever had. I truly enjoyed this game, I laughed out loud IRL at the flavor, and I have to hand it to Kairyuu & Antihero. Kairyuu did his typical "Watch me break the game and win this for town" thing, and it worked flawlessly. And Antihero made the right call in endgame, despite my best efforts to confuse him.

Good game, all.
green shirt thursdays
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Antihero »

The ender kill was us trying to hit the cop-giver-outer, and we had it narrowed down to ender/Antihero... but we thought we could push a mislynch on Anithero, so we shot ender instead.
You know, I see that in the scum QT a lot after the game, and it always really pisses me off (probably because they sometimes succeed).
#1) There were WAY too many confirmable town roles in this setup. Parama & Antihero could confirm themselves quite easily, not to mention the fact that with each investigation/tracker they gave out, we had a significantly higher chance of being found out as well.
Hm. I wonder how well an SK cop-gifter would work... [/modmeta] :lol:
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Antihero:You could have made this a helluva lot easier on yourself if you'd looked at a few things. Technically speaking, the game was not broken 100% at the time of my death. Parama could TECHNICALLY have been scum. However, a few things happened that should have made the final day a breeze for you.

1. Sathoris died. Since he was town, he probably wasn't lying about ardent defender. This means that it was used up earlier in the game. The only Nights with missing kills were N2 when I shot Bub and Reck claimed to have dodged a kill and N3 when Reck claimed to have shot at me and gotten blocked. Based on this, Reck was 100% confirmed to have been caught in a lie, and thus 100% confirmed scum.

2. You got a track power. Unless you wanted to assume that the last remaining scum was able to gift you a power and kill on the same Night, Parama couldn't be scum. In addition, based on the (faulty) information you had at the time, it still worked, because the only way Parama could be scum and you could be blocked is if Parama was able to use THREE actions in one Night, whereas Reck would only have to block and kill.

2 isn't a complete clear, but 1 is.

@Starbuck: Should have listened to you about smarg earlier. Didn't matter in the end because I broke the game, but I still deserve an "I told you so" from you for trusting her over you.

smarg and Reck played a great game for scum. The ender kill and the Enigma implosion really hurt their chances though. Either of those things not happening when they did and this may have been a very different endgame.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by smargaret »

I'm not sure it would have turned out any differently if we'd gone for Antihero instead of Sathoris. I feel a little cheated by how many times town got to confirm someone - it's so aggravating to have this nice mislynch set up for day 2, and discover that our mislynch target is not only confirmed town but bulletproof >.< That said, Antihero in particular did a good job in a tough situation.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Battousai »

I knew reck was scum. That D1 hammer was pretty scummy. Reck asked me if what I needed to do could wait until tomorrow, essentially, and when I said it couldn't, he hammered. I'm surprised no one really brought it up just because reck used sap instead of a conventional hammer.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Antihero »

1. Sathoris died. Since he was town, he probably wasn't lying about ardent defender. This means that it was used up earlier in the game. The only Nights with missing kills were N2 when I shot Bub and Reck claimed to have dodged a kill and N3 when Reck claimed to have shot at me and gotten blocked. Based on this, Reck was 100% confirmed to have been caught in a lie, and thus 100% confirmed scum.
Yes. But...
Sathoris wrote:
Antihero wrote:Everyone seems to be a gifter here.

OK, fine, there's a way to settle it.

If anyone got any kind of protective gift at all during this game, claim it now.

UNVOTE: in the meantime, I guess
I have a 1 shot ardent defender that stops any kill attempt on me. I was hoping to be targeted on N1, hence my statements against mass claiming on D1. There is nothing in my role PM about informing me if I was targeted though.
From this, I wasn't completely clear on how the ability worked (passive vs. commuter type power). So it ended up piled onto the mountain of WIFOM I was already standing on.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by danakillsu »

@ xRECK
Great game. As I said in the GY, I knew you had to be scum when you pushed that crazy hard to get me lynched. After watching your performance in Blackest Night (short though it was), I knew it was uncommon for you to be that far wrong.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

There was a deadtopic and I wasn't invited?

/sadface
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Kairyuu wrote:@Starbuck: Should have listened to you about smarg earlier. Didn't matter in the end because I broke the game, but I still deserve an "I told you so" from you for trusting her over you.
I told you all smargaret was scum!!!!
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Kairyuu wrote:There was a deadtopic and I wasn't invited?

/sadface
I wasn't invited either. That's some bullshit.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Kise »

obvscum ass Reck claiming guilty in lylo. SMH.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Players
: xRECKONERx, smargaret, Enigma

Races
: Various
Class
: Defias Saboteur

Abilities
  • Chaos in the Foundry
    – As long as three of you are alive, you may secretly move any player’s vote to the voted player of your choice one time each Day.
  • Mr. Smite’s Improvisation
    – As long as two of you are alive, one of the Saboteurs may roleblock one player’s Night actions.
  • Lapdogs, all of you!
    – As long as one of you is alive, one of the Saboteurs may kill one player at Night and force them to ragequit.
  • Patrol!
    – As long as one of you is alive, you may use the provided QuickTopic to talk at ANY time. http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/FACjCCatwSVJj
  • Red Wool Bandanas
    – you have disguised yourself in the ranks of this group and know the following:
    • There are no Dwarves in this group.
      Dwarves can be Warriors, Shaman, Hunters, Rogues, Priests, Mages, Paladins, and Warlocks.

• There are no Rogues in this group.
      Rogues can be played by Orcs, Trolls, Undead, Goblins, Blood Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes, Night Elves, and Worgen.

• There are both Alliance and Horde in the group, though there are more Alliance.
  • Fake Claim, Please!
    – Send me a Race/Class combination and I’ll send you some possible Abilities and Actions that Race/Class combo might have in this game.
Win Condition
: You win when it is no longer possible for the group to hold a majority over you, the Defias Saboteurs.
inHimshallibe wrote:
Player
: Sathoris

Race
: Human
Class
: Paladin

Abilities
  • Ardent Defender
    – The first non-lynch attempt on your life will fail.
Win Condition
: You win when all the Defias Saboteurs have left your group.
inHimshallibe wrote:
Player
: Maemuki

Race
: Undead
Class
: Priest

Abilities
  • Power Word: Shield
    – Each Night you may protect any player (including yourself) from a kill attempt. The target will gain the Weakened Soul debuff that will last through the next Night. Players with Weakened Soul will not be able to be targeted by your Power Word: Shield.
Win Condition
inHimshallibe wrote:
Player
: Parama

Race
: Night Elf
Class
: Druid

Abilities
  • Mark of the Wild (Bear)
    – Targeted player other than yourself is granted a bodyguard protection.
  • Mark of the Wild (Cat)
    – Targeted player other than yourself is granted a Tracker investigation to be used on the following Night.
  • Mark of the Wild (Moonkin)
    – Targeted player other than yourself is granted a Vigilante kill.
You may only buff a maximum of one player with a maximum of one Mark each Day and you MUST buff before a lynch is reached.

Win Condition
inHimshallibe wrote:
Player
: Antihero

Race
: Gnome
Class
: Mage

Abilities
  • Arcane Intellect
    – Targeted player other than yourself is granted a Cop investigation.
This is a Night Action with a Day 1 head start.

Win Condition
inHimshallibe wrote:
Player
: Bub Bidderskins

Race
: Draenei
Class
: Shaman

Abilities
  • Vanilla Toon
    – You have no actions.
Win Condition
inHimshallibe wrote:
Player
: Starbuck

Race
: Blood Elf
Class

Abilities
  • Vanilla Toon
    – You have no actions.
Win Condition
inHimshallibe wrote:
Player
: Kairyuu

Race
: Blood Elf
Class

Abilities
  • Vanilla Toon
    – You have no actions.
Win Condition
inHimshallibe wrote:
Player
: Battousai

Race
: Night Elf
Class
: Hunter

Abilities
  • Vanilla Toon
    – You have no actions.
Win Condition
inHimshallibe wrote:
Player
: parknourie

Race
: Human
Class
: Hunter

Abilities
  • Vanilla Toon
    – You have no actions.
Win Condition
inHimshallibe wrote:
Player
: ender241

Race
: Worgen
Class
: Warrior

Abilities
  • Vanilla Toon
    – You have no actions.
Win Condition
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:39 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Setup:
  • The Priest role is what should have been left out, or at least should have been further neutered (multiple Night cooldown). Put a Townie in that slot and the game looks a lot different. I will keep it in mind. I knew going in that Night actions would be a big determining factor. I have weathered my first swingy game that came down to a not-so-fair LyLo; I suppose that's something positive to take away.
  • I really like the Inventor role, as it rewards competence but does not necessarily punish a single bad decision. More than one bad decision and you're getting into the danger zone.
  • That Parama and Antihero could pseudo-confirm each other was not something I really saw happening in most iterations of the game; as I ran it through my head I always saw them getting hacked off a lot earlier than in actuality. I should have planned better for those particular LyLo scenarios.
  • The repeating flavor was purposeful, although I did not expect it to fully serve that purpose. After talking with Kairyuu last night, I learned punisher roles are not prevalent in most setups today. Just call it a taste of "Vanilla". ;)
  • You have every right to skin me for not publicly mentioning the inclusion of all race/class combos. If anything the omission was an underestimation of player competence. I've learned enough lessons on flavor to make a very lasting impression.
The Game:
  • Well, I got what I designed. It was a swingy game that hung in the balances with each Night Action choice.
  • Parama and Antihero did a very good job of deploying their inventions.
  • Reck and smargaret played a better-than-average game, but losing their hidden vote along with a teammate on Day 1 was just a crusher.
  • Enigma got what he should have for claiming things he knew he ought not, jokingly or not.
  • Most town played... soundly... just a bit tunneled imo.
Personal Performance:
  • I apologize for the apparent mod droughts, but:
    • You all played WAY faster than I feasibly prepared myself for. This is not your fault - I was out of touch with the speed of games, my age is showing. :|
  • I WILL be prepared for the speed in future games, and I will be employing someone around more often than I to at least do more frequent votecounts.
  • Dungeons WILL be returning to a queue near you. Just not quite yet. Also, 25 mans. :)
  • I'm happy to have any and every one of you in future games!
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:08 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

And, yes, I very liberally applied the roleblocking ability to contain Parama.
Working as intended.
Show

:

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Starbuck »

OMG, you're doing a series of dungeon games????

/pre-in for ALL
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:36 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Starbuck wrote:OMG, you're doing a series of dungeon games????

/pre-in for ALL
That's the plan. May include loot at some point... gonna run another "simple" version first.

Here is what I describe as the Dungeon Mechanic, as has been revealed in this game:

Dungeon runs are a meta-view of the play itself within a World of Warcraft dungeon. Usually, the sides are between a group of adventurers and the mafia, who are trying to ruin the group's run through the dungeon, stalling them out at various key points/bosses. The mafia share powers based upon what bosses are left standing. In this game, to get past Gilnid the Smelter, the group had to rat out 1 Saboteur. As long as they continued failing at finding the first Saboteur, Gilnid still stood, and the Saboteurs were able to use Gilnid's ability (Chaos in the Foundry!) for their own. As a group progresses, they learn to overcome the boss' abilities/hard points of a dungeon.

In this particular game, the mafia got progressively weaker, but that does not always have to be the case.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:40 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Ha, you have me wanting to run the next one already. I think I will.

Next will be another Mini, either the Scarlet Monastery or Gnomeregan. Lean SM.
My first Large is gonna be troll-flavored. Zul'Gurub or Zul'Aman. Both are awesome.

=
=
=

EDIT: Yep, ideas already forming for the next installment.
Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery: Zeal of the Crusade
is coming to the top of the Mini Theme queue in a month or two!
Show

:

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Parama »

I always seem to land with the most powerful town role in heavily themed minis <.<
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

I vote ZG over ZA.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

OMG SCARLET MONASTERY

but
but
I retired
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Parama »

lol, you'll never retire and you know it
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”