Newbie 1086 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Zachrulez »

9th (let's get it on a new page) vote count of day 1:

Mogri - 4 (MagnaofIllusion, JasonT1981, Darkcoffeejazz, Space Pope)
JasonT1981 - 2 (Jerako, Mogri)
projectmatt - 1 (TOGTFO)

Not voting: (runner, projectmatt)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch

Day 1 will end no later than 2:30PM CST on Saturday April 23rd.
Last edited by Zachrulez on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Prods sent out to TOGTFO and Mogri.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:19 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

im back from a busy weekend, will be posting content later today. Got a few things to do first
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:27 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

ATTENTION
- Mogri is at L-1. Another vote for him will result in a lynch and end the day.

No-one should vote Mogri without stating their intention to do so and allowing him to claim.

I'll have more to say in a bit once I get April 18th deadline stuff cleaned up on my end.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Well that's all well and good, MOI, but this is assuming he hasn't given up and quit the game already without telling us. I'm really getting sick of all the replacements, tbh.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

"Prepare for the bitter truth."

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
: 0/0
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 am

Post by Mogri »

I'm still here.

It sounds like I've got four different votes on me for four different reasons. Can you four explain your votes?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:41 am

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:Well that's all well and good, MOI, but this is assuming he hasn't given up and quit the game already without telling us. I'm really getting sick of all the replacements, tbh.
If that's the case then he'll likely have to be hammered by deadline to avoid a no-lynch.

I understand your frustration at replacements but that is no reason to not follow site norms. Asking for a claim before hammering when someone is at L-1 is well established for a reason - it helps to prevent bad hammers.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:43 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ATTENTION
- Mogri is at L-1. Another vote for him will result in a lynch and end the day.

No-one should vote Mogri without stating their intention to do so and allowing him to claim.
No one should hammer, until Jerako has had time to catch up and give his thoughts.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:47 am

Mogri wrote:I'm still here.

It sounds like I've got four different votes on me for four different reasons. Can you four explain your votes?
Quite frankly - I'm not going to repeat my reasoning. I've made it clear in thread and we've been round and round about it. Unless you have something new to add to the discussion I'm not really interested in rehashing things. I'm not trying to convince you that you are scum. Others have clearly indicated that they've seen enough of the argument.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:11 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Like MOI I am not going to repeat my reasoning... I believe I have given my views enough already for you to understand why I am voting you and believe you to be scum.
TOGTFO
TOGTFO
Goon
TOGTFO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:41 am

Post by TOGTFO »

Space Pope wrote: My two biggest suspiciouns are/were Mogri and Zengarbolt. Don't have access to my notes right now, but from memory it revolves around Mogri's loaded question/refusal to answer, going off on fallacies. Zengar is less so now. I felt he was actively lurking (but that is now striken), and I when I asked Zengar to elaborate on something and he didn't AND Mogri tried to answer for him, I felt a bit of a connection. I was waiting for Zengar to participate and then try and see if Mogri would continue answering his questions or that he would somehow post something that would either link them moreso or would be flat out scummy.
Can you please show where mogri answered for Zengarbolt? I must be overlooking it. I am guessing he answered the L-2 question which you are so hung up about. I am not sure how that was a strong bases for a case on Zengar.

Mogri should claim but I will not be hammering on him. I do not see him as mafia, at least not at this point. I find others more likely scum.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:46 am

TOGTFO wrote: Mogri should claim but I will not be hammering on him. I do not see him as mafia, at least not at this point. I find others more likely scum.
No, he absolutely should not claim if no-one indicates intent to hammer. If he does not receive a 5th vote by deadline he will not be lynched. There is no Pro-Town reason to claim, if Town, and possibly narrow down the pool of potential Town Power Roles.

Aside from Projectmatt, where you vote currently is, who do you think is scum?

TOGTFO
TOGTFO
Goon
TOGTFO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:00 am

Post by TOGTFO »

Me stating I dont plan on hammering does not mean that the other three people will not. I doubt that in the time we have left we will find another lynch, especially since this game has moved into super slow mo. I would prefer a claim before someone hammers.

I am currently more focused on Matt and SpacePope depending on how he answers. I find Mogri more likely town then most people here.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:55 am

Post by projectmatt »

I find it pretty funny how quickly the wagon kind of fell on Mogri. I could be completely wrong at this point, but I'm pretty sure that if somebody hammers at the point, Mogri will flip town.

I'm much more focused on other players right now, and though Mogri's latest post was worded..oddly, he's been one that has been trying hard to find the scum so far today. I would like to see what Jason and Zen's replacement thing.

Also, MOI, you completely ignored my question on the previous page, please answer it.
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Mogri »

SpacePope, are you referring to this?
Mogri wrote:
Space Pope wrote:
ZengarZombolt wrote:EBWOP:
MagnaofIllusion wrote: Your response was to not directly answer but first show how the wagon on Project was baseless (in your opinion) and then to try to say that the RVS votes mean Rocky was not really at L-2.
Actually this holds true. Until the votes are presented with proper reasoning, you can't really have them count as being actually there unless we had a very dangerous case like L-1 or a full lynch. But on those cases, scumtells would have been oh so obvious, almost sacrificial. You could say that vote
prevented
scum from voting further on Rocky since it would have been very suspicious with what little reasoning there is normally so early.
Don't understand the whole prevention part. Are you saying that scum wouldn't put someone at L-2 because it would be too suspicious?
Pretty sure he means scum (or town) wouldn't place the L-1 vote at that point.
Because it's not the only time in this thread I've said "I think player X means Y." If that's the sole basis for your vote, please reconsider.
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Mogri »

jasonT1981 wrote:Like MOI I am not going to repeat my reasoning... I believe I have given my views enough already for you to understand why I am voting you and believe you to be scum.
I also gotta say that parroting MoI isn't helping your case here.
Jerako
Jerako
Goon
Jerako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Jerako »

Confirming that I'm reading the thread. It's been a long day at work, I'm tired, so my analysis will come in the morning.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Runner has been prodded.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:27 am

TOGTFO wrote:Me stating I dont plan on hammering does not mean that the other three people will not. I doubt that in the time we have left we will find another lynch, especially since this game has moved into super slow mo. I would prefer a claim before someone hammers.
Whether we have ‘time’ to find another lynch or not isn’t relevant to whether Mogri should claim. You’ve stated you aren’t going to hammer. So has Project.

That leaves Runner and Jerako as the only players who may choose to ask for a claim. If neither one has any intention to hammer Mogri then him claiming pre-emptively simply helps out the Mafia.

--
Project wrote:I find it pretty funny how quickly the wagon kind of fell on Mogri. I could be completely wrong at this point, but I'm pretty sure that if somebody hammers at the point, Mogri will flip town.
Please explain how you think the wagon on Mogri is “quick”. Here are the dates for each vote on Mogri –

MoI – Post 68, April 5th (page 3)
Jason – Post 129, April 8th (page 6)
Dark – Post 159, April 12th (page 7)
Space Pope – Post 199, April 18th (page 8)

There are 13 days separating the first vote to the last on the current wagon. The smallest gap between votes is 3 RL days. I’m curious to see your thoughts on this.
Project wrote:Also, MOI, you completely ignored my question on the previous page, please answer it.
You are correct. I did. Just as I did when Mogri first started asking about it. I wanted as long as possible to get a sense of Jason’s play here. I’m currently neutral leaning scum on him. The hallmark of Jason’s scum play is passivity. Scum Jason doesn’t build cases or attack people and is content to play defense and coast. Early on in the Day Jason was actively questioning players and being pro-active. However since he voted for Mogri he’s gone into a much less active pattern. He’s been content to post that he’s catching up and engaged only Mogri. While the game isn’t very fast-pased the fact that he’s slowed considerably in his play is suspect.

I will say this – if Mogri is scum Jason is Town. The chances of scum partners bussing so early on a wagon (he was the second vote) is almost zero in a Newbie game.

--

@SpacePope
– I’ll second (or third) the request for you to show where Mogri was establishing links to Zengar.

Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Space Pope »

TOGTFO wrote:
Space Pope wrote: My two biggest suspiciouns are/were Mogri and Zengarbolt. Don't have access to my notes right now, but from memory it revolves around Mogri's loaded question/refusal to answer, going off on fallacies. Zengar is less so now. I felt he was actively lurking (but that is now striken), and I when I asked Zengar to elaborate on something and he didn't AND Mogri tried to answer for him, I felt a bit of a connection. I was waiting for Zengar to participate and then try and see if Mogri would continue answering his questions or that he would somehow post something that would either link them moreso or would be flat out scummy.
Can you please show where mogri answered for Zengarbolt? I must be overlooking it. I am guessing he answered the L-2 question which you are so hung up about. I am not sure how that was a strong bases for a case on Zengar.
Yes it was that. It made me look at Zengar. His actively lurking made it seem like mogri was helping him lurk, if that makes sense. It wasn't a strong connection like I said, but I wanted Zengar to participate more and I was trying to see if I could form a connection from that (which is why I didn't say my number 2 suspect to tip Mogri off).

And no, Mogri, that is not why I'm voting you as you just happen to suggest *cough* strawmanning *cough*. It has a lot to do with the fact that you refused to answer a question, more so than flat out refusal but tried to get around it, and the whole fallacy thing.
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Mogri »

If it helps, Zengar was replaced, so he wasn't so much "actively lurking" as "not here at all." I really don't get why you think my connection with Zengar makes me scummy if you no longer think Zeng -- er, Jerako -- is scummy. I mean, why'd you even bring it up?

MoI's question that I avoided was absolutely a loaded question. Any way I answered it would have made me look bad. Not answering it also apparently made me look bad, so it was a lose-lose-lose for me. If MoI is indeed scum, then this was an excellent play on his part. You'll notice he made no attempt to address or deny the fact that the question was loaded.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:25 am

Mogri wrote: If MoI is indeed scum, then this was an excellent play on his part. You'll notice he made no attempt to address or deny the fact that the question was loaded.
Bullshit. I addressed this back when we discussed it. I explained quite clearly what I thought to be a Town response.

This is just another example of you either misrepresenting the situation or plain outright lying.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:53 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Morgi saying people avoid answering things... ironic eh?
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Mogri »

For reference:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:A reaction of “Oh, so I did … I guess you could say I might be scummy if you choose but I’m placing my vote on who I think is scum” or something similar would have been a natural response.
Would it be a natural response? Maybe. Would it have cleared me of suspicion? No.

Meanwhile, while we're on the topic of questions being avoided,
I have asked you a question three times now and you haven't answered it.
Anyone who's jumping on me for not answering his
loaded
question, take a look at MoI and Jason and ask yourselves why they can't answer a
simple, legitimate
question.
Mogri wrote:You two have not exchanged words once in eight pages of posts. I would like an explanation from both of you.
You explained your read on him, but that does not explain why you two have never once talked to each other, despite being two of the most active players in the thread.
Jason wrote:Morgi saying people avoid answering things... ironic eh?
Yeah, ironic.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

I have already given plenty of reasons as to why I am voting you, Mogri. I don't feel like repeating them. If you truly wish to know then reread.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

"Prepare for the bitter truth."

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
: 0/0

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”