Newbie 1086 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Mogri »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Mogri wrote:Fair enough... What does it say about Jason, though, that he hasn't gotten around to answering?
Do you not read the thread? I’m seriously asking because I gave my read on Jason back at post 218 –
I'm not asking about your read on Jason - not specifically. I'm asking specifically about Jason's avoidance of that particular question. Again, he's claiming to have had interactions with you when he has not. He is also now claiming that he has answered the question when he has not.

Jason, no. I'm not even going to consider claiming on your behalf. MoI's spot-on here; since voting me, you've contributed nothing of interest to the game. You have absolutely NOT answered the question and your answer to MoI's recent question was your first actual back-and-forth interaction with him in the game. Prove me wrong and I'll claim.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

A little shy of 3 days left.

11th vote count of day 1:

Mogri - 4 (MagnaofIllusion, JasonT1981, Darkcoffeejazz, Space Pope)
JasonT1981 - 2 (Jerako, Mogri)
projectmatt - 1 (TOGTFO)

Not voting: (runner, projectmatt)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch

Day 1 will end no later than 2:30PM CST on Saturday April 23rd.
TOGTFO
TOGTFO
Goon
TOGTFO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:18 am

Post by TOGTFO »

Mogri, you are being extremely anti-town right now. By not claiming you are delaying the game. It is obvious that we as a town intend to lynch you so please let us know
now
if that is a mistake. You are practically claiming a PR which is making me nervous.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:19 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Morgi what is the question then?

no interaction you say? READ the game!!!!!!!
jasonT1981 wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
TOGTFO wrote:@MOI- What is your viewpoint on Lynch-all-Liars?
Lynch all Liars, like all policy lynches, is flawed at best. I see it implemented as often as an excuse for Scum to effect a bad lynch as I do Town using it to lynch scum.
I am sorta on the fence about lynch all liers...mostly it is scum caught lying however I have known town to sometimes lie in what is called a gambit to bring out scum and make them more obivious or catch them red handed.
and here
jasonT1981 wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
What do you think of SpacePope’s floating of the Lynch All Liars policy in regards to Matt given it was based on the following facts?

1. The confusion about Mods playing based on EM’s site norms
2. SpacePope incorrectly identified Matt as voting for the Mod
1) i don't blame him for being confused, I was too as to the whole thing. Personally, I do think the confusion was genuine from all parties. I know nothing about EM norms as I have never played there.

2) hmmmm not sure, where did he do this? his post 30 correctly identified Zen as voting the mod.. what I see is Zan following up on Matt not knowing himself about the mod not being in the game... but I don't see where he incorrectly identified Matt as voting for the mod unless it was something different, I am reading the game again as I type this so will comment if I come across anything.
jasonT1981 wrote:
I agree with MOI 77
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Can you prove he didn’t think Zach was in the game? I agree it doesn’t seem logical but to outright state you know what was in Project’s head is fairly absurd.

Your inability to conceive of a Town motivation for lying (which once again isn't assured to have even happened) about the Mod being in the game does not mean it could only be scum motivated.

Again – what does he gain as scum by stating that he thought Zach was in the game. Keep in mind that Zengar had already posted his Mod vote before Project had posted himself.?
If thequestion actually IS about a read on MOI I also refer you to this....

jasonT1981 wrote:
MOI - Unsure as of now, will be able to get a better read of him later in the game.
So please go back and read the game, you will see I have answered your question...

you have proven you have not read game through

1) ignoring answers to questions
2) asking questions already answered then saying not answered
3) saying no interaction when there was

I also have had little interaction with Dark Coffee and Space Pope.. .why only focus on MOI.. I actually probably have had less interaction with them than I have MOI.

Also is there ANY REASON why you are avoiding my comments on it not being premature? your at L-1 at refusing to claim or give reasons not to.

DIE SCUM DIE!!!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:21 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Mogri wrote: I'm not asking about your read on Jason - not specifically. I'm asking specifically about Jason's avoidance of that particular question. Again, he's claiming to have had interactions with you when he has not. He is also now claiming that he has answered the question when he has not.
Ok, having gone back and looked at your original statement and I see that I misread it.

I think his not answering is part and parcel of his general sliding play and thus suspect.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:25 am

TOGTFO wrote:Mogri, you are being extremely anti-town right now. By not claiming you are delaying the game. It is obvious that we as a town intend to lynch you so please let us know
now
if that is a mistake. You are practically claiming a PR which is making me nervous.
Actually if he was soft-claiming a Town PR as Town he probably would have claimed the second Jerako indicated he would hammer. It allows for more time to find another lynch, which is critical with such little time left.

In all likelyhood he is either scum waiting to fake-claim at the last moment to put Town in a bad position or a Vanilla Townie, where his claim would not matter for purposes of avoiding a lynch.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:27 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Mogri wrote: I'm not asking about your read on Jason - not specifically. I'm asking specifically about Jason's avoidance of that particular question. Again, he's claiming to have had interactions with you when he has not. He is also now claiming that he has answered the question when he has not.
Ok, having gone back and looked at your original statement and I see that I misread it.

I think his not answering is part and parcel of his general sliding play and thus suspect.
I actually have answered it as quoted..

I actually have interacted with you as shown

his points are invalid
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:28 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

As I have said, I have had less interaction with some people than I have with you, MOI... I just wonder why he is so focused on it only being with you?
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Mogri »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:In all likelyhood he is either scum waiting to fake-claim at the last moment to put Town in a bad position or a Vanilla Townie, where his claim would not matter for purposes of avoiding a lynch.
MoI is correct. I'm a
Vanilla Townie
and I don't expect it to make a difference either way.

This makes Jason happy now, right?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:52 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

why just me, Morgi.. a few have been calling for it.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:55 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Also, Morgi... do you not have anything to say about what I have recently posted, showing that you are wrong and I did answer questions/interact like youscum tried to say I didn't?
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Mogri »

jasonT1981 wrote:Also, Morgi... do you not have anything to say about what I have recently posted, showing that you are wrong and I did answer questions/interact like youscum tried to say I didn't?
Yes. I still think that if you're not scum, then you're a terrible townie and you're still my #1 lynch candidate. I also stand by this:
Mogri wrote:MoI's spot-on here; since voting me, you've contributed nothing of interest to the game.
youscum
pronoun
: 1. Like "you," but scummier.
Jerako
Jerako
Goon
Jerako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by Jerako »

To clarify, I
was
asking you for a claim. I thought that was clearly implied.

VOTE: Mogri
Jerako
Jerako
Goon
Jerako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Jerako »

EBWOP: I believe that answers the question of my feelings on a no-lynch, in case that matters.

I don't actually understand why a no-lynch would ever be worth the loss of information, outside of mylo.

Game Theory Question: Is there another acceptable reason?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by projectmatt »

So, I think that hammering was silly, along with this entire lynch. After Mog's recent posts, I am 100% sure that he's going to flip a vanilla townie.

I honestly am going to be pretty sad if Jason and Mogri both flip town, but I fully intend to lynch Jason tomorrow.
Jerako
Jerako
Goon
Jerako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Jerako »

I don't think it was silly. Do you intend to lynch Jason tomorrow even if Mogri flips scum?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by projectmatt »

I honestly don't believe that Mogri will flip scum, and if he does, I'll be completely damned. I haven't been able to grasp much evidence for him, and while he's been slightly pressured, I feel like he's been one of the most helpful players so far today.

With that in mind, if Mogri does flip scum, I'll apologize and re-think the way I've been playing on this site. Silly was the wrong word, as it was fully expected to happen, but rather, of all the people open for lynches, I don't understand this one.
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Mogri »

Well, I'm lynched. Thanks for the game, and good luck to town!
Jerako
Jerako
Goon
Jerako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by Jerako »

Just in case the thread doesn't open by Friday morning, I'm
V/LA 4/22 - 4/24

Trout season's open. :D
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Welp I guess that's the end of Day 1. We'll see what happens next I guess.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

"Prepare for the bitter truth."

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
: 0/0
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:01 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Final vote count of day 1:

Mogri - 5 (MagnaofIllusion, JasonT1981, Darkcoffeejazz, Space Pope, Jerako)
JasonT1981 - 1 (Mogri)
projectmatt - 1 (TOGTFO)

Not voting: (runner, projectmatt)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch

Day 1 will end no later than 2:30PM CST on Saturday April 23rd.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So the town settles on lynching Mogri and hopes to start their scumhunt off on the right foot. Everything that felt right about it quickly turned out to be very very wrong as the post mortem search turned out to be a lot less interesting and eventful than the discussions of the day.

Mogri
(Vanilla Townie)
lynched day 1

Two issues upcoming with night, first that it's falling on Easter Weekend, and second that I am going to need to replace runner. Until the latter gets done night will have no firmly set deadline. At the moment count on night running from now to sometime around late Sunday night, early Monday morning. I will post a notice once I know more for sure.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Stefunny replaces runner.

I will set the deadline for night actions for Monday, April 25th at 8am CST. I'll dawn on Sunday if I have all the actions in by then.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

You wake up from the long night refreshed and ready for another day of scumhunting... well most of you anyway. It quickly becomes apparent that in the long night one of you never woke up. Darkcoffeejazz's night of sleep has apparently turned into an eternal one...

Darkcoffeejazz
(Vanilla Townie)
killed night one.

Day Two begins

Not voting (TOGTFO, Jerako, projectmatt, JasonT1981, Stefunny, Space Pope, MagnaofIllusion)

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch.

Day Two will end no later than 10am CST on Monday May 16th.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:41 am

Here is the post I was making when Zach locked the thread. I think it is important to have it out there -

Jerako wrote:Game Theory Question: Is there another acceptable reason?
In a Newbie game? No, there really isn’t any acceptable reason Day 1 to no lynch. Even a Cop / Doc claim so close to deadline shouldn’t drive one for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

--
Project wrote:So, I think that hammering was silly, along with this entire lynch. After Mog's recent posts, I am 100% sure that he's going to flip a vanilla townie.

I honestly am going to be pretty sad if Jason and Mogri both flip town, but I fully intend to lynch Jason tomorrow.
Two things both me about this post.

1. The certainty that Project has that Mogri is Town. Given that 5 players thought Mogri was playing in a scummy enough manner to warrant a vote. There is nothing ‘obvious’ about him being Town. If Mogri does flip Town then this reads as a grab for ‘Town cred’ in his reads.
2. Why, if he was so sure that Mogri was Town, wasn’t Project pushing his claimed number 1 suspect Jason? As of the last vote count Project’s vote was idle while Jason had two votes (Jerako and Mogri). Putting a third vote on Jason would have made the alternate wagon possibly viable even with deadline fast approaching. What I’m seeing is words that say “Mogri is a bad lynch, lynch Jason” combined with player which does nothing to factiliate that movement to Jason.

@Project
: putting aside your assuredness about Mogri – why didn’t you actually vote for Jason today

--

My reads going into Night 1 –

Given we are about to go to Night I’m going to leave you with my reads for each possible alignment flip of Mogri to be sure they aren’t lost if I end up dead.

If Mogri flips Town please look at the following players –

1. Jason – as I’ve stated he’s been coasting since he voted Mogri and that was the dominant wagon. I’m also getting a strong feeling he’s attempting to buddy me with some of the parroting and “Hey MoI I agree with you” statements I am seeing.
2. Project – above puts a cap on my thoughts
3. Runner – He’s pretty much coasted in a manner similar to Jason, albeit with little pressure on him. Add in that he hasn’t cast a significant non-RVS vote all Day.

If Mogri flips Scum please look at the following players –

1. SpacePope – His 4th vote on Mogri came out of right field. Given Mogri looked to be the only strong viable wagon at that point I’d suspect a possible bus in that position if there is one.

I really don’t have much in the way of strong feelings about anyone else if he flips scum. I’d say to look at someone strongly pushing an alternate wagon, especially after the vote by DarkCoffee, but there really isn’t anyone doing so. TOGTFO has a vote on Matt but hardly pushed it, Jerako’s slot had a vote on Jason that was a holdover from early in the day as Zengar. Runner and Project didn’t push other wagons at all.

My last tidbit is this – as said earlier if Mogri is scum Jason is confirmed Town. Too much cross-fire for a scum team Day 1, supplemented by Jason’s very early position on the Mogri wagon.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”