A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora wrote:What made you think I was trying to throw dirt on Dana and TS? I'm pretty sure I don't want to lynch TS today. I have no particular interest in making Dana or TS look bad. Right now I'm trying to work out how this all fits together. Why are you so impatient? I'm going to vote before the end of the day. If I spend longer on it then I'll have a better idea of what the best vote is.
The only reason to convince someone that there can be a Stark goon is to push the idea that danakillsu is Stark. Otherwise, why bother? You see all of us saying, "Danakillsu is clear" and you seem to be trying to convince us we're wrong *without voicing any suspicions of danakillsu*.

As for TS, you're spending a lot of time in the back and forth with TS, and a lot of words, a lot of walls, that don't really say anything. You write #2821 and point out a lot of things you find scummy and not-scummy, but then you don't come to any conclusion -- why write this?

As for the "impatience" -- 48 hours till deadline. Game day's been going on 12 days now. You've not voted. At all. You're happy to say you think the scum is Zdenek and I. You can't vote Zdenek. You're still not voting me. You're not trying to start a new wagon. You're not doing *a goddamn thing* except sitting on the fence.
Locke Lamora wrote:As for all those people being still alive, it is kind of odd, isn't it? Understand now why I'm spending so much time trying to figure it out?
Chief amongst "why are all those people still alive" is you. Why, do you suppose, you are still alive?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

]
The mod is watching Death Note vote count!

Locke Lamora (2) Zdenek, Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle (3) hasdgfas, LynchMePls, Magua
LynchMePls (4) Shadow1psc, Danakillsu, Benmage, popsofctown

Not voting (1) Locke Lamora

*10 players remain, 6 to lynch someone.
*Checking if anyone needs a prod
*Deadline here. That's less than 46 hours for those of you who have an inabillity to click. Also I said hi mafiascum if you click the countdown timer :D
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

No, actually I have doubts about Shadow. Hence all the questions to Shadow. Him being VT pushes the number of existing Lannister VTs to 7, so I was curious if that affected your thinking on the scumteam composition.

2821 was a response to TS that was overdue. I have a townier read on them now as a result of that interaction, so I feel it was useful.

The commitment to voting is only useful if you're trying to make connections. Either I'm SK, or I'm town. Sure, I could try to lead a wagon, but that's only worth doing if you have strong convictions about a player. My vote is probably going to LMP, but I'm reading over the period when he claimed right now to see whether I think it came from scum.

As for why I'm not dead, probably because my play has been lacklustre and there's a chance, however small, that I can be pushed as the SK.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

This is LMP's post where he pushes on Feysal for his reaction to the kill (it's post 1072, page 43 if you want to see it in context). Can those who think he was being pre-emptively defensive explain how his claiming the kill fits in with this? I also read through looking for LMP references and the only real one I can find of note in the run-up to this push on Feysal is 'Null with gut badtimes pings for now' from TS, followed by an inclusion on a potential scum list of four.
LynchMePls wrote:
Magua wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:@Magua:
Not sure where I'm going to put my vote.
I'm debating with-in my head rather or not to vote Raivann, but if he town he just such an easy mislynch.
I mean even I think he's scum,
and I'm useless in my reads almost all my games except for three and one was with like 8 people left.
This. Great catch Magua.
Bunnylover wrote: Basically I'm self doubting my read.
Yes I think he scum.
Looking back at my past game, my reads are usually wrong.
Should I follow my reads that are usually wrong or consider something else.
That why I haven't voted. Their no discrepancy, I just don't know if I should trust my reads.
Like I said yesterday if we lynch Zoraster before Raivann, Raivann will still be viewed as scummy while the other way around Zoraster wouldn't have. So should I go with my read even though my mind tells me scum didn't lynch Raivann because they knew they could lynch him tomorrow or scum didn't lynch Raivann because he part of their group.
Bah, I hate how my mind work =/.

And yes I agree with Hasdgfas, DTM needs to speak up more and gives his opinions (that is what your saying?)
So Bunnylover wants to distance himself from his own opinions, but DTM needs to speak up more and give his opinions. Nice double-think.

Bunny's wishy-washy attitude with this fake scum hunting is scummy.
Feysal wrote:Oh, and I should probably explain why I think we only have one scum faction. Given the size of the game, I think scum factions would most likely have three members if there were two factions, four at most. We've had two Starks flip, both of them power roles. To balance that, the theoretical other scum faction should also have power roles. If factions had three members each, that would mean that the majority of the scum had powers, and if there were godfathers, there would be no room for goons at all. That is one thing. In addition, Brynden Tully seems to be a relatively obscure character, and if you had to pick three or four characters on the Stark side, I don't think he would make the cut. My conclusion is that there is only one main mafia faction, the Starks.
This stinks of inside information.
Feysal wrote:Chesskid had soft claimed Tywin Lannister, by saying his character had been the Hand before. The scum may have believed him and thought that Tywin would be a power role. If Chesskid did that on purpose, it was actually well done... he managed to draw a night kill, saving someone else and avoiding his own potential policy lynch.
1)Why was this a soft-claim to Tywin? Tyrion had been the hand as well, so it was more just a soft claim to his role. I thought he might be setting up a fakeclaim, since I was of the opion that he was scum.
2)Are you suggesting that Chesskid was the Stark kill?
Sparkle wrote:LynchMePls

I skipped him alpahbetically and left him for last. For whatever reason I'm finding it hard to get anything out of him. I'm a little unhappy with how quickly he's swapping his read on Raivann based solely on Magua's logic. As well, I'd really like to hear your reasoning for Raising Bunnylover.

Null with gut badtimes pings for now.
If by "raising" you mean "nominating", it's cause I think he's scum.

Changing my vote due to the Hands' wishes.

Unvote
Vote: Feysal

@Benmage: Why exactly are Bunnylover and Mikujin bad lynches?

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Benmage »

Magua wrote:
Benmage wrote: Break down what you're seriously saying and then back to me.

All those people... ARE ZOMG... Still alive. :eek: :eek:

And again. BL protected TS.
Yes. They're all still alive.

From this I deduce that SK shot Kast N3.

From this you deduce that SK shot TS N3.

Do you see the point where I think you went wrong?
And I am calling the SK inv-immune. WHOMEVER THAT MAY BE. Therefore the SK has NO desire to kill Kast.

See where I am coming from?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Magua »

Benmage wrote:And I am calling the SK inv-immune. WHOMEVER THAT MAY BE. Therefore the SK has NO desire to kill Kast.

And then this SK, who has no desire to kill Kast, has a desire to kill an unclear who's moderately suspected over the host of available clears/PRs/confirmables/people who weren't getting wagoned D2?

Do you see where *I* am coming from?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Benmage »

Magua wrote:
Benmage wrote:And I am calling the SK inv-immune. WHOMEVER THAT MAY BE. Therefore the SK has NO desire to kill Kast.

And then this SK, who has no desire to kill Kast, has a desire to kill an unclear who's moderately suspected over the host of available clears/PRs/confirmables/people who weren't getting wagoned D2?

Do you see where *I* am coming from?
Like I said an SK, doesn't want to overkill.

Might have been looking to kill a Stark?

******Its bad to ASS-U-ME. BUNNYLOVER PROTECTED TS.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Magua »

Benmage wrote:Like I said an SK, doesn't want to overkill.

So you assume SK is investigation immune.
You assume SK did not kill Kast.
You assume SK *did* kill TS.
You assume TS is not Stark.

Do I have that right?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Benmage »

Magua wrote:
Benmage wrote:Like I said an SK, doesn't want to overkill.

So you assume SK is investigation immune.
You assume SK did not kill Kast.
You assume SK *did* kill TS.
You assume TS is not Stark.

Do I have that right?
That seems about right.

You assume the SK is Dana, or is not inv-immune.
You assume the SK and the scum team shot Kast.
You assume TS is not stark.
You assume Zdenek is stark.

Do I have that correct?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Magua, this is why I thought it was important to spend all that time reading back. Can you explain the below?

ISO 75:
Magua wrote:LynchMePls is town. Obviously not a Stark, and no serial killer admits like that.

Followed by this in ISO 76:
Magua wrote:Actually, I just remembered that LMP didn't shoot diddin N1.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:10 am

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora wrote:Magua, this is why I thought it was important to spend all that time reading back. Can you explain the below?

ISO 75:
Magua wrote:LynchMePls is town. Obviously not a Stark, and no serial killer admits like that.

Followed by this in ISO 76:
Magua wrote:Actually, I just remembered that LMP didn't shoot diddin N1.
This was already brought up by Twilight Sparkle.

And no. Nor, at this point, do I care, since you've spent the last ten real life days saying I'm your #2 scumread, you can't vote your #1, yet you're not voting me. So I feel no need to explain anything to you because it doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

Feel free to vote me for this.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

...Or! Choose the smart option and vote LMP!
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Benmage »

****Magua just must go before TS.

Remember this.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Magua »

Benmage wrote:
****Magua just must go before TS.

Remember this.
I started this day respecting your opinion. Just fyi.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Where? When? If it helps you answer:

Vote: Magua

LMP is definitely either SK or town.

Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Locke Lamora wrote:Where? When? If it helps you answer:

You could say the same about Magua.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Magua »

Locke Lamora wrote:Where? When? If it helps you answer:

There. Is. No. Way. LMP. Is. SK.

Stark, possibly. SK? Not a goddamn chance. "Hey, mafia, watch me claim a killing role out of my hat! PRESTO!"

Seriously, it doesn't seem like you're putting together any two pieces of information here. You've gone on and on about your rereading only to vote the person you said you were going to vote 10 days ago. The only thing I get out of your interactions is that you think Shadow can be scum (the mind boggles) and that you think Twilight Sparkle is town.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by danakillsu »

unvote vote:Magua

Finally, some more support for this wagon. Everyone, go! We don't have much time to lynch this scum.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i'm fatigued. zzz
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Benmage »

Id be happy with LMP or Magua.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

why does magua have to die before ts
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Benmage »

popsofctown wrote:why does magua have to die before ts
Because I just spent the last...forever. Spelling out why I think TS is town.

Considering they are both low on the PoE totem pole. I am saying Magua first.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Benmage »

Magua wrote:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:Actually, my theory is that Magua is the SK. Why? Aside from that I've found his interactions re: the existence of an SK and the execution of his claim very phony, I think it's likely Nexus RB'd Zdenek again, given he followed orders last time (perhaps Kast was double-killed on N3, or the SK targeted Twilight Sparkle). Also, I can believe Magua as diddin's killer, and some of his scumhunting has felt genuine. He's definitely played a great game if he's group scum.
I feel way less rage at being called the SK than scum.

I'm not the SK, but if I were, I could take a great deal of satisfaction out of the fact that would mean I shot 2 scum while you all have managed to lynch zero. Sadly, I can only claim to have shot 1 scum while you all have lynched zero.
I've also looked at this many many....MANY times.
Magua wrote:Sadly, I can only claim to have shot 1 scum while
you all
have lynched zero.
Something linguistically just screams to me that this person isn't with the town.

Magua has been a rollercoaster of a read. At times I would swear he was town. PoE is against him. There's other instances where I see strikes. Then this.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

Unvote vote Magua
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

sighz.
unvote vote Magua
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”