Newbie 1081: Showdown in Newbtown (Game Over, Mafia win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Bulvious »

I suppose the difference between 'a' and 'our' makes the biggest difference here, Chkflip. Your mixed cases against Star and h3ll0, which, while convincing, you gave up pretty quickly. Will read further into it.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Antihero »

Vote Count #18

chkflip - 2 (Workdawg, h3ll0)
Workdawg - 1 (drmyshottyizsik)

Not Voting: alnkpa, Bulvious, chkflip, Kard

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch. Deadline is May 9th.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:54 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

I think we are blowing this Chkflip thing out of proportion. I'll be back later but
Mod
I'm V/LA most of easter weekend.
#freeShotty
Kard
Kard
Townie
Kard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Kard »

I just came in to post that, like drmy, I'll also be V/LA on most of easter weekend, my family is huge on this kind of stuff, so I won't have much time to get on.
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Bulvious »

Kard, your play has already been lacking, I expect to see more from you on the return, like what you thought of the things said before you joined in the game - you know, like you promised.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Do not expect things, that just sets you up to be disapointed.
#freeShotty
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Bulvious »

Or it sets standards of good play and bad play. If I tell Kard what the standards are (and yes, that should be a standard), then he knows what he should do. If he continues not to do it, that's pretty anti-town, and obviously so.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:52 am

Bad play != scum.
#freeShotty
alnkpa
alnkpa
Townie
alnkpa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by alnkpa »

But bad play could lead to misdirecting town. And that could be quite scummy. But I'm only interpreting.
Concerning chkflip: I’m not really sure whether that "slip" is a real slip. It could be a mistyping or even a not-knowing. Nevertheless it is interesting.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:36 am

Post by Workdawg »

Wow, barely any activity over the weekend. I suppose a holiday does that though... but there's barely been really anything this entire day so far. A lot of people have been providing very little new content since N1, which is quite unhelpful.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:30 am

Post by chkflip »

I'll get to everything as I can, but for now I can safely state that I didn't mistype.

And the fact that you're droning on that simple word is disgusting. I understand that there are two F11's with cop roles; unfortunately, in my experience, the setup with two PRs is somehow least likely to happen. Or that's just what I've been placed in in the last umpteenth Newbie games I've played. You can check my wiki on that.

The aforementioned promises are still in the works.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:23 am

Post by chkflip »

VOTE: Workdawg

Case forthcoming, as well as responses to questions of me.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
h3ll0
h3ll0
Townie
h3ll0
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:35 am

Post by h3ll0 »

alnkpa wrote:But bad play could lead to misdirecting town. And that could be quite scummy. But I'm only interpreting.
Concerning chkflip: I’m not really sure whether that "slip" is a real slip. It could be a mistyping or even a not-knowing. Nevertheless it is interesting.
Fence-sitting again? I'm starting to suspect that Bulvious is correct about you. You make a lot of post without much indications of your opinions.
FOS alnkpa
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Workdawg »

The words you type are extremely important in this game. If scum isn't careful what they type, then they slip up and reveal something they shouldn't have, which is why it's called a scum slip. You just said you didn't mistype, and your justification for that is that in your experience the F11 setup with both power roles is "least likely to happen"? Basic statistics has to disagree with you, which makes that an incredibly weak argument.

I called it a "mild slip", which I meant to indicate that it might be something, and it might be nothing. I have to say that you seem to be pretty defensive about it, which doesn't bode well, IMO.

Also, OMGUS or what? Lots of promises, not a lot of content.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:13 am

Post by chkflip »

Not OMGUS at all, you'll see that when my case is finished; however, I enjoy your strawmanning here.

And sorry for "promises without content," it's coming close to the end of the semester which means final projects > mafia. On top of the fact that, if you hadn't noticed, I feel ill and then lost the roof over my head. This isn't meant to be AtE, which it sounds like, but you're really stretching everything into more than it needs to be.

But please, keep posting scum. You're helping my case.
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Bulvious »

But please, keep posting scum. You're helping my case.
Not going to go look up some sort of logic fail to make you look silly here, but I get a vibe that this might be fallacious in some way.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Workdawg »

I guess we won't know for sure until you post, I hope it's better than shotty's. You are starting to sound a lot like him.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:23 pm

mafia wrote:I guess we won't know for sure until you post, I hope it's better than shotty's. You are starting to sound a lot like him.
#freeShotty
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Antihero »

If anyone asks me for a deadline extension this time, I'm going to modkill all of you... slowly.

Kard has requested replacement. I'll have a replacement soon.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
alnkpa
alnkpa
Townie
alnkpa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:16 am

Post by alnkpa »

Yeah, guys, I'm seeing a slow decay of this thread. Nevertheless I'm really starting to suspect chkflip, always promising something but never posting something helpful in this day. So to raise some discussion:
VOTE: chkflip
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:39 am

I can't make more of a case against the person I think is scum unless they post.
#freeShotty
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Workdawg »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I can't make more of a case against the person I think is scum unless they post.
lol... I've been thinking the same thing for the past week.

That said, I think alnpka just put chkflip at L-1... which I'm not really comfortable with.

I still want to hear what he's got to say about ANYTHING, but I'm not ready to have the day end short.

UNVOTE: chkflip
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm willing to vote chk if deadline hits. Or if he doesn't post more...
#freeShotty
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Bulvious »

Alnpka wrote:
Yeah, guys, I'm seeing a slow decay of this thread. Nevertheless I'm really starting to suspect chkflip, always promising something but never posting something helpful in this day. So to raise some discussion:
VOTE: chkflip
Why? Everyone elses posts are just pretty much the same as what yours have been all game.

@drmyshotty

Knowing Workdawg voted Chkflip and only retracted his vote to avoid a quick ending to the day, how does your willingness to follow Work's vote filter in to your constant accusation of him? It seems odd that you so badly want to lynch Workdawg but your first and only concession is to jump from a wagon against him to a wagon he started.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Workdawg »

It's pointless to wait around and see if chkflip comes back in time to defend himself, so I'm moving on...

Shotty

What has he done for town so far? He comes in and posts up his case against me and that's it. After I refuted that, all he's done is drop little comments here and there about things I've said that are "scummy" if you misinterpret them. He hasn't commented at all on anyone else other than to say "alnpka is semi scummy."

I know post-by-post analysis isn't that helpful, but let's look at this (every post where shotty even MENTIONS another player's play):
Fatso, alnpka
or
me
are scum, probably alnpka and me. Says he has "reason
s
(see post 8 for some follow up on this)
2. Mentions one "slip" from a post of
mine
. (One reason)
3. Votes for
me
4. Clarifies his point against
me
6. Defends his point against
me
7. Some jab at
me
8. FINALLY posts his case against
me
. (It's filled with recent posts... so while he claimed to have multiple reasons for voting for me originally, he never actually posted more than one.)
9. Another shot at
me
10. Defends his case against
me
alnpka
is semi-scummy, but
I
am "sooooo scummy!"
12. Guesses that
chkflip
will put me at L-1 (which he doesn't) and asks
me
to claim (while I'm at L-2)
13. Calls
me
out for "calling him scum".
14. Accuses
me
of "lying about my stance on lynching lurkers".
15. Says
me
and
Zd
would make a good scum team. (A convenient stance to take when Zd is about to get lynched. If Zd flipped scum, he'd have a nice segue into a vote on me. He also says the Zd "look
scummy" here, though as you can see he's never even MENTIONED Zd at all up until now.)
17. votes for
me

18. Says
I
"made myself look more scummy"
20. Accuses
me
of making WIFOM about the NK and lynch. (I did speculate a little bit, but only because Bulvious brought it up, and I prefaced the entire thing by saying that it's purely conjecture. That's not a defense, but sharing my thoughts on those topics is hardly scummy. Bulvious, and Kard a little bit, had commented on those topics but he didn't call them out.)
21. Thinks "we are blowing this
chkflip
thing out of proportion."
24. Quotes
me
but replaces my name with "mafia" (... subtle)
26. States he is willing to vote
chkflip
if we get to the deadline, or he doesn't post more.

So that's:
1 post he mentions Fatso/Kard
2 posts he mentions alnpka
3 posts mentions chkflip
1 post he mentions Zd (to claim a scum team with me right before Zd gets lynched)
and...
out of 27 posts he mentions me. 2/3 of his posts mention me, and he only mentions ANY other player less than 1/3 of the time. He's got some serious tunneling issues. But that's not really a big deal.

There are two scum left, why are you tunneling on me and not bothering to scumhunt "my partner"? I know this is a bit hypocritical since I haven't really either, but chkflip has managed to check in fairly regularly, and given his situation IRL, I've tried giving him slack. He hasn't responded to the accusations against him. I'm bored of it now, so I'm moving on. I made plenty of posts prior to your big case against me, and plenty after but he still has little-to-nothing on me.

In addition:

He said he had reasons, which implies more than one, to call me scum in his 2nd post. He only posted one (though in that very post he refers to "the rest of his case" that "will come later". He posted his case but it was filled with fresh content. When I asked him to elaborate on the previous "reasons" he ignored it... he simply called me scum for even asking about it. Deflecting the fact that he doesn't actually have a case against me? I asked about it again in post 378, but he seems to have ignored that completely; instead focusing on the things I say he can twist to sound scummy. If he's so convinced I'm scum, shouldn't he be posting up ALL his evidence... why does he still refuse to post the reasons he said he had; unless they never existed.

He asks me to claim when I'm at L-2... but when Zd actually makes it to L-1 he doesn't bother to ask for a claim. Instead he throws out some random speculation that maybe Zd and I are the scumteam? As evidenced above, he never once mentioned Zd's play or any suspicions of him. Then all the sudden Zd and I are the scum team? If it turns out I'm right and Zd does flip scum, he's got his foot further in the door against me. Though it's worth noting that he accuses me of bussing Zd... for 10 days... when I led the wagon against him. I guess that's possible, but it'd be the worst bus in the history of mafia probably.

His recently flipy-flopy on chkflip and related. He comments that we are blowing it out of proportion, but then he says he'd hammer chkflip if he doesn't post more. Didn't he chastise me for saying that I'd be willing to lynch a lurker?
shotty in ISO 8 wrote:
No need for apologizing, but for the record it will never come down to that unless you are scum. Because a lurker will give you no reason to vote them other than lurking, which is not a lynchable offense.
And since they are lurking you will have to have some read on someone else during the day, as will everyone else. So since everyone has some sort of a read, and reason to vote someone other than the lurker it is not one or the other.

EITHER OR FALLACIES ARE SCUMMY!!!
The part I made bigger above is even more relevant now that we are into D2 and have even more information to go on.

Note: this is the second time that a wagon has reached L-1 and he has all of the sudden decided that he would vote for that person. As mentioned above, when Zd was at L-1, he came out of no where with the "Workdawg/Zd scumteam". Now alnpka put chkflip at L-1 and all of the sudden shotty is willing to hammer him if his play doesn't pick up. It's might suspicious if you ask me.

I guess you can't be wishy-washy if you don't post any thoughts on any player but me.

VOTE: shotty

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”