Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:04 am

Post by Balam »

(AGar)

RayFrost is curious to the reasoning of your interest in Incognito's reactions, Yos.
Mastermate
Mastermate
Townie
Mastermate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:11 am

Post by Mastermate »

Just answer. It's a legitimate question and I'm also interested.

-P
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Balam wrote:(AGar)

RayFrost is curious to the reasoning of your interest in Incognito's reactions, Yos.
I strongly suspect Incog to be scum here. When Incog is scum, he acts in a reasonable manner when he's confronted with solid arguments, but then goes ahead and does whatever helps his scum team win anyway even if it conflicts with his earlier "reasonable" behavior. That is exactally what it feels like here. First, he calls me town. Then, when I say I suspect him, he starts attacking me. He is reasonable and logical when I make good arugments about FES, but then as soon as I repeat an earlier reason for suspecting him, he ignores everything and just puts me at lynch -1. It's not like I even said anything new in the post he's voting me for, but it dosn't matter to him. Notice he dosn't even bother to say what, exactally, he dosn't like in that post.

This does not look like incog-town behavior. I really doubt that he would act this way as town. He needs to explain himself, and he need to do it right now, because I'm pretty sure he just did an absolutly ironclad example of an incognito scumtell here.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:15 am

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

Reposting:

I strongly suspect Incog to be scum here. When Incog is scum, he acts in a reasonable manner when he's confronted with solid arguments, but then goes ahead and does whatever helps his scum team win anyway even if it conflicts with his earlier "reasonable" behavior. That is exactally what it feels like here. First, he calls me town. Then, when I say I suspect him, he starts attacking me. He is reasonable and logical when I make good arugments about FES, but then as soon as I repeat an earlier reason for suspecting him, he ignores everything and just puts me at lynch -1. It's not like I even said anything new in the post he's voting me for, but it dosn't matter to him. Notice he dosn't even bother to say what, exactally, he dosn't like in that post.

This does not look like incog-town behavior. I really doubt that he would act this way as town. He needs to explain himself, and he need to do it right now, because I'm pretty sure he just did an absolutly ironclad example of an incognito scumtell here.
Mastermate
Mastermate
Townie
Mastermate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:18 am

Post by Mastermate »

Unvote: YosCayke

ps: Yos, I don't know whether this is kosher to ask in a game like this but how active is cayke in your alt?
Mastermate
Mastermate
Townie
Mastermate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:21 am

Post by Mastermate »

PPS: Consider it still there because I want you to claim, I'm just wary of a Balam hammer.
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 am

Mastermate wrote:
Unvote: YosCayke

ps: Yos, I don't know whether this is kosher to ask in a game like this but how active is cayke in your alt?
She hasn't really played much since day 1.
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:54 am

By the way, Balam, it's becoming increasingly likely here that both you and Mastermate are both town. Neither of your reactions to me being at lynch -1 make sense coming from scum. Matermate's reaction is especally town; on hearing me imply that I might be a pro-town power role, if Matermate was scum and you are town, he would gladly just sit back and wait to see if you hammered me, rather then unvote me like that.

If you do lynch me today, Balam, then please don't continue your tunneling on that player slot, or you will almost certainly cost the town the game.
Mastermate
Mastermate
Townie
Mastermate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Mastermate »

Mastermate wrote:Just answer. It's a legitimate question and I'm also interested.

-P
I got things massively mixed in my head and thought Incog was part of your hydra, sorry if this was rude.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Profane Confusion »

YosFlavouredCayke wrote:Excuse me? What, exactally, is wrong with my post 1155?
I brought up an area of the thread that I really thought might make you at LEAST pause and reconsider your thoughts about Final Destination and DaSpot, and instead of doing what I thought you'd do as town, you found even more silly reasons to suspect that slot and then you threw some more suspicions on me. I don't even get the reasons why you mentioned that stuff about Ether suspecting Beaver - of course I know that Pathetric dying makes me look bad, but I don't mind thinking about other reasons why Pathetric might have died because I'm town and I know Pathetric didn't die because of me.

You've been way too consistent and unwavering in this game. Yes, you brought up decent reasons for why FES might be town, but you haven't done that with anyone else - you've just been beating your drum all game about how DaSpot and FD need to be lynched, FES needs to live, and you don't seem to care about much else that goes on around the game the way I think you would as town. There's this guy in Mafia Discussion who you might know who everyone agrees with and who constantly harps on about how "consistency is scum-tell." That's basically been you all game.

Now claim.
Cellar door.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:46 am

- Incog
Cellar door.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Frogito Ergo Sum »

^not scum with Balam or PC

FD's #1146 is a pointless tirade that completely ignores the substance of PC's comment, i.e. that Yos2 townhunted using similar town tells. PC doesn't call him out on this.
FD wrote:Do you even have a read on Yos? Or on anyone at all?
List of reads:
Scum - FD, PC
Null - Spot, Lord Fonzi
Townish - Copper, Balam
Town - Yeastarian, Masterprimate of Sin
FD wrote:Convienent flip on Copper? I never had strong town read on him, it was always WEAK and I always believed that e was a player worthy of keeping around (For his ability to catch scum, to draw NKs, etc.) Now that he's still alive and hasn't done shit, YEAH ITS BOUT TIME I reveal that weak town read was a weak gut scum read.
DERP
^scum

It was always a weak town read, but it was secretly a weak scum read? It wasn't a convenient flip-flop because you secretly held that position previously but lied about for unspecified reasons?
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:55 am

I'd really like FES to justify why they think I'm scum.

- Incog
Cellar door.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Final Destination »

@MP

Cayke has been on scumchat multiple times with no corresponding activity here. She's expressed very little interest in this game, or picking up for Yos' slack when he was V/LA.

Yos and PC are in a meta 1v1 it seems, and obviously I believe PC to be town of the two for INDEPEDENT game related actions (those having nothing to do with meta), so please vote accordingly.

Please don't tell me you backed off Yos because of a softclaim. At this point with this many people alive and suspecting Yos, his fakeclaim is needed to drive forward discussion. Him softclaiming to stall the game out, and get just one vote off him has WAY MORE scum motivation that town. At this point if Yos were town he'd be all too willing to just claim, be done with it, and move on to lynching his "suspects."

But Yos' isn't a PR softclaiming for pro-town reasons, he's scum hoping a softclaim will suffice and he won't need to be locked into one for another night.

Please re-vote MP, or explain why you aren't voting him (if its to prevent a hammer, one will not come trust me, if its to wait until you've fully read up on the game and such, that's fine but please express your intent to re-vote MP so that he can be at pseudo L-1 and forced to fakeclaim.)
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:50 am

Profane Confusion wrote:
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:Excuse me? What, exactally, is wrong with my post 1155?
I brought up an area of the thread that I really thought might make you at LEAST pause and reconsider your thoughts about Final Destination and DaSpot, and instead of doing what I thought you'd do as town, you found even more silly reasons to suspect that slot and then you threw some more suspicions on me. I don't even get the reasons why you mentioned that stuff about Ether suspecting Beaver - of course I know that Pathetric dying makes me look bad, but I don't mind thinking about other reasons why Pathetric might have died because I'm town and I know Pathetric didn't die because of me.
If your defense for Fate was was "Ether thought FD was town, so FD is town", then Fate already tried to use that defense back during day 1. It was lame then, and it's lame now. Ether's not perfect, and in fact, she started out attacking Fate before she changed her mind. I think she was right in the first place, and then doubted herself when she shouldn't have; she's done that before.

If your defense is "Ether was killed despite the fact that she thought Fate was town", that argument is only relevent if the scum don't have another likely reason for killing Ether. In this case, they do, especally if you are scum.

Why would you expect to change my mind by reahashing old arguments that have been shot down days ago?

You've been way too consistent and unwavering in this game. Yes, you brought up decent reasons for why FES might be town, but you haven't done that with anyone else - you've just been beating your drum all game about how DaSpot and FD need to be lynched, FES needs to live, and you don't seem to care about much else that goes on around the game the way I think you would as town.
Are you now claiming that I haven't commented on anything other then FD, Spot, and FES? Because you know that's not true. For one thing, I've obviously attacked you. I've also commented on balam, on unicorn and their replacement, on gummy, on, well, on everything that's been going on all game. If you've been reading my posts, then you know where I stand on every single person in the game.

I think what you mean is that you don't like that I'm still voting for Fate, and you can't convince me not to do so. If you really want me to unvote Fate, why don't you actually bother to answer some, or, well, any, of the reasons I've given for suspecting him? For that matter, why did you complety ignore the really strong case Fonzi made against Fate last page? You just keep defending him, and I don't even know why, and you don't seem to even care what the case against him is. There's no way you, as town, would just ignore such a strong logical case made by strong players like Fonz and Gurgi without even considering it.

Everyone, PC is scum, period. I'd lynch him today over Fate if we could get enough votes.
There's this guy in Mafia Discussion who you might know who everyone agrees with and who constantly harps on about how "consistency is scum-tell." That's basically been you all game.
"Consistancy is a scumtell" dosn't mean "when you've caught scum, but you can't get a majority of people to agree with you right away, you should just give up and do something else".

And if you think I've never hesitated or changed my mind this game, again, you clearly aren't at all reading my posts.
Now claim.
Thhhpppbbtt.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:27 am

My point is Pathetric was a town player who looked like they were going to have a lot of influence on the game if they were still alive. Ether stated with a lot of confidence that Final Destination, DaSpot, and the Unicorns were all town. It's not very often that scum go ahead and kill the people that they know they can get some support from. Despite all that, you've just ignored that evidence and have gone on voting Final Destination and DaSpot like it's nobody's business. I mean, even Frogito Ergo Sum admitted on the last page or two that Ether's comment there and subsequent death made them reconsider their thoughts about DaSpot.

Couple that with the fact that Greymarble, ANOTHER person who thought they all looked town, died last Night and... you can see where I'm going with this.

And this might be a bit of WIFOM, but do you really think that a me-scum would dig back to an area of the thread that I know would make me look bad just defend someone else? Your thinking just doesn't seem town at all for you to just throw that bit about Beaver right back in my face.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:There's no way you, as town, would just ignore such a strong logical case made by strong players like Fonz and Gurgi without even considering it.
Everyone in this game is a fairly strong player, so what you're saying here is pretty irrelevant. I did consider what they said, but everything Final Destination posts just screams town to me.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:And if you think I've never hesitated or changed my mind this game, again, you clearly aren't at all reading my posts.
You've been here all game and have only serious voted two people. If that's not focusing on just two people while ignoring everyone else, then I don't know what is. You only commented on Copper when asked about them otherwise you were content with allowing them to continue to skate like they have all game.

Why aren't you claiming?

- Incog
Cellar door.
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:40 am

Profane Confusion wrote:My point is Pathetric was a town player who looked like they were going to have a lot of influence on the game if they were still alive. ...It's not very often that scum go ahead and kill the people that they know they can get some support from.
So...if you believe that, then why are you voting me?
Despite all that, you've just ignored that evidence and have gone on voting Final Destination and DaSpot like it's nobody's business. I mean, even Frogito Ergo Sum admitted on the last page or two that Ether's comment there and subsequent death made them reconsider their thoughts about DaSpot. Couple that with the fact that Greymarble, ANOTHER person who thought they all looked town, died last Night and... you can see where I'm going with this.
So...your argument is that if i was town, i would have noticed this pattern and it would have affected my thinking, huh?

I'm assuming you somehow missed the fact that early in the day I made with this post:
YosFlavouredCayke wrote: Now, the kill of Grey was bizarre. I mean, almost everyone said he was town, but still, I don't get it. I will say that the death of grey is one reason I didn't start off the day voting for Spot, like I'd intended to; Grey was a huge defender of Spot, and it'd be strange for Spot to kill Grey.
and then haven't attacked spot all day?

And this might be a bit of WIFOM, but do you really think that a me-scum would dig back to an area of the thread that I know would make me look bad just defend someone else? Your thinking just doesn't seem town at all for you to just throw that bit about Beaver right back in my face.
I think you and Fate are so closely tied together at this point, largly due to the mistakes of your predicessors, that you, as scum, wouldn't be able afford to let your scumbuddy get lynched at this point.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:And if you think I've never hesitated or changed my mind this game, again, you clearly aren't at all reading my posts.
You've been here all game and have only serious voted two people.
If that's not focusing on just two people while ignoring everyone else, then I don't know what is.
THREE people. Why do you keep ignoring that I spent about a third of the game trying to lynch the guy who you replaced?

So, yes, over 3 days, I've gone back and forth between 3 main suspects. That's like a quarter of the people in the game.

Why aren't you claiming?
- Incog
Only wimps claim to pressure.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Final Destination »

Let's just hammer without a claim then. He's not a doc (OH HAI ETHER) he's not a cop (OH HAI NO GUILTY ON ME) not a mason (OH HAI NO ONE LOVES YOS) and I don't give a fuck about tracker or watcher or any of that jazz claims.

Grab your ball sacks and lynch scum before they fakeclaim. I've done it many a time and it feels
so good.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:23 am

Yosarian, I was talking about Ether's confident reads there. "Probably Yosarian, I guess" is far from confident.

As for Spot, when you keep saying stuff like "ALL THE SCUM ARE GROUP VOTING ME" it's hard to take what you said there about Spot very seriously.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:THREE people. Why do you keep ignoring that I spent about a third of the game trying to lynch the guy who you replaced?
And that's yet another person that I know you're "wrong" about. So let's take some tabs here: I think you're wrong about FD, I think you're wrong about Spot, I know you're wrong about me, and you were also willing to hammer GummyBear-town while completely ignoring their last minute appeals. Your hands were also dirtied by Untrod Stranger. Could Yos really just be that wrong that many times or is he just scum here? I might think be willing to think the former if you were willing to show some kind of reconsideration about certain things instead of going along with each lynch without questioning your reads, but you're clearly not doing that.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:Only wimps claim to pressure.
This isn't just pressure though. You've got a total of
5 people
who are willing to vote you. Only
5 votes
are required to lynch. That means this is life or death.

If you're actually town, it's your duty to the town to claim right here right now instead of trying to make this into a typing contest with me.
Cellar door.
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:48 am

Profane Confusion wrote:Yosarian, I was talking about Ether's confident reads there. "Probably Yosarian, I guess" is far from confident.
So, I guess you completly failed to notice that for the rest of the day, both Ether and Patrick continues to call me town, huh? That "Probably Yosarian" was quite early in the day; they seemed much more confident of my town alignment later in the day.

This series of blind spots on your part is harder and harder to believe.
If you're actually town, it's your duty to the town to claim right here right now instead of trying to make this into a typing contest with me.
That's just the thing. It's not a typing contest, or at least it shouldn't be. If you were town, you woulnd't be worried about a "typing contest", you'd be trying to figure out my alignment right now. You'd be reading what I'm saying, you'd be thinking. for one thing, you'd probably have noticed that I just disproved every reason you just gave for suspecting me. But as it is, you don't seem to care.

Pro-town incognito would be trying to figure out my alignment. You clearly are not. It's becoming increasingly obvious you just want to lynch me, and don't actually care what my alignment is.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:48 am

I looked back and that is a fair point; Patrick and Ether did indeed seem a bit more comfortable with you as the Day went on.

But come on now, Yos, the second part of what you're saying couldn't be further from the truth. If anyone has been trying to figure out your alignment, it's been me. I'd argue that I've probably spent more time trying to figure you out than anyone else has in this entire game. Look back over the amount of questions I've asked you Today - smargaret and I have written over 70 posts since our entrance to this game, a lot of my questions have been directed at you, and we just really got here Today on Day 3.

- Incog
Cellar door.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Incog... That's a load of crap. You just replaced in, and you're acting like there's some great body of work coming from you. You've been prolific to be sure, and your posts are better than most other people in the game. I just find it disingenuous to claim that you're the most townie in the position that you're in. And self-serving to boot. If YFC is the one in trouble here, shouldn't you be more concerned with what you think of his alignment than the other way around?

I don't really see anything to gain out of trying to respond to FD at this point, since he has refused to even talk with anyone he disagrees with. (SCUM SCUM SCUM)

Why do PC and YFC suspect each other? Why does FES suspect PC? This is just town on town. Have you guys tried looking at recent behaviour assuming that the other is town? I mean, I can't imagine why anyone expects Yos to crumble under pressure, or why that would have anything to do with his alignment.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Balam »

(AGar)
Final Destination wrote:Grab your ball sacks and lynch scum before they fakeclaim. I've done it many a time and it feels
so good.
No, that won't be happening. We wanted a claim, and we threatened to move without a claim in order to force a claim, not hammer away without care.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Vote Count:

YosFlavouredCayke (3): Final Destination, DaSpot, Profane Confusion
Final Destination (3): FES, YosFlavouredCayke, Lord Fonzi
Copper (2): Balam
Balam (1): Copper

Not Voting: Mastermate

With nine alive it's five to lynch.

Deadline is May 1st @ 19:00 EST
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Final Destination wrote:Grab your ball sacks and lynch scum before they fakeclaim. I've done it many a time and it feels
so good.
No, that won't be happening. We wanted a claim, and we threatened to move without a claim in order to force a claim, not hammer away without care.
I think you're town, Balam, and I think I got as much information out of incog with this little game of brinksminship as I'm likely to, so if you still want me to claim, I will. I don't really think it'll accomplish much at this point, though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”