chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I've seen him fake dumbtown before though
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by AGar »

If he is, I'd imagine it's in order to get his partners some bussing credit, because any scum even trying to fake dumbtown would be pushing their luck with his push on SD. And no one bit on that opportunity, so I'm going to lean dumbtown on him right now, either that or decent scum with dumb partners.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:29 am

Post by ooba »

Thanks! ;)

- Town: Agar, SD, MoI, Gemini, Axelrod

- I was initially apprehensive about chess since contrary to other players opinions, I thought his play this game was more forced to try and fit his town play (like GCCFM). The other reason my scumdar shot up is because of the "JK" Semi counter claim & people were like "Do you really think scum would do a 1:1 on D1?"
-- Would like to point out that he immediately shifts the burden to the mods ("there will be words postgame"). So can see him saying "Hey it's the mods fault they had two JKs" after SD was lynched.
- However most of his recent thoughts resonate with mine (on Gandalf, on having some solid town reads). Therefore chess is also on my town list - not as strong as the ones above. Iece also falls into this category - gut read from posts.

- Scum list: Gandalf, quadz, vox, SB, Dekes, BS, ddiddn

- Share Agar's thought that I don't really feel the BS or ddiddn lynch. If I had to choose between the two, it would be BS.
- Would put gandalf on faking dumbtown but stronger scum read on Quadz

Unvote. Vote: Quadz

- I don't have the post number with me but he doesn't provide any reasoning in the post where he votes SD. The quote is there; Looks like "Have to say something smart while jumping on to the biggest wagon, I'll come back to it" but never did ..
- Pattern of votes & attacks.

P.S: posting from a phone so forgive typos.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Dekes »

@Moi
Then we apparently have different views on your claim. You can't just say my opinion doesn't hold water because you disagree. I believe that your claim alone gives you a very high chance of avoid getting NK'd.
MoI wrote:Once again – if BabySpice is scum kill Dekes with fire. I don’t recall seeing any mention of how SD’s wagon went ‘too fast’ (which is HORRIBAD reasoning, BTW).
Different circumstances. In SD's case there wasn't any other wagon to derail.

I think first and foremost, BS is a bad player. Confusing the two Chrono's is entirely possible. But she said she doesn't want to get diddin lynched. What scum wouldn't want the counterwagon get lynched, especially if so many things are speaking for diddin-scum?
We have 20 players all equipped with two kinds of powers. I highly doubt that there isn't some form of vig in there. Like others suggested let the vig deal with BS and we focus on lynching scummier people.

Speacking of which, diddin the first one jumping at mothrax after chess attacks him is distinctive for diddin's play.
diddin wrote:2. I saw it. I just don't and didn't like all the extreme caution coming from the hydra. I also dislike how they voted in the post replying to my suspicion for not voting. Thy crumbled under my pressure.
:lol:
You are flailing in every direction. Because one reacted to it, they crumbled under your pressure? Try "they already said before that they vote only once they reach an agreement and you just failed to read their posts properly" instead.

@AGar
Mothrax is doing nothing else than half the town does, including you: Thinking BS and diddin are scum and/or detrimental to town. He's only choosing the lazy way in suggesting using two lynches on them instead of letting night actions take care of business.
What would be your next best option? Only other thing in your ISO that reads as an accusation is CMAR/ooba.

@ooba
You have BS and diddin both in your scum list but you don't feel a lynch of either of them? At least AGar has given his reasoning which was based on mothrax' stance on those people. If you agree with him, mothrax must be somewhere near the top of your scum reads. Or are there other reasons why you don't feel a BS or diddin lynch today?
ooba wrote:- Pattern of votes & attacks.
That's an incredibly vague reason. Care to elaborate?

Note: ooba spends more time justifying the town read on chess than explaining his scum reads, especially the seemingly conflicting statements regarding BS and diddin.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:07 am

Post by chesskid3 »

How the hell do you agree with my point about a lot of town reads

and then come up with 7 scumreads

the hell dude
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:18 am

Post by AGar »

Dekes wrote:@AGar
Mothrax is doing nothing else than half the town does, including you: Thinking BS and diddin are scum and/or detrimental to town. He's only choosing the lazy way in suggesting using two lynches on them instead of letting night actions take care of business.
What would be your next best option? Only other thing in your ISO that reads as an accusation is CMAR/ooba.
Uhhh, what?

I was of the opinion that diddin is scum, and BS is probably scum. I didn't try and put a connection on either of them and then justify the scumreads on one in case the other flips town.

I'm also not a player I view as a potentially scum poking in and out and not giving us much to work with.

Diddin could still be scum here. The Mothrax post leaves the opportunity of "Lynch town then scumbuddy," but the whole "I don't care who goes first, we'll just lynch one then the other," part is what bugs me off of the Diddin wagon for now.

I'd move to Mothrax right now. You're moving towards the "Im not so sure that you're really playing with town interests in mind" area. Quadz is sitting scum-flavored null for advocating a VI PL on D1.

VOTE: Mothrax
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:21 am

Post by ooba »

- I wanted to bring out the point against the "1:1 scum tradeoff" argument for Chess in the thread.
- I find BS and ddiddn scummy. However out of all the people on that list, I would like their lynches the least - since a lot of their scummy actions could also be attributed both to bad town play. I just agreed with that single line in Agar's post ..
- The "pattern of votes and attack" is how I typically scumhunt - who people c :!: hose to attack and who they ignore .. It boils down to the vibe I get off vote posts ..

Edit: @Chess: My town reads are much stronger than my scum reads right now.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:24 am

Post by chesskid3 »

My first impression on seeing SD claim was that he was the scum version of my role, since I don't see why town needs a JK and a [redacted].

Yeah I could probably still do that as a scum [redacted], but pfft.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:58 am

Post by mothrax »

Note to self: I said the exact same thing in an earlier post, just more wordy. Point out when when not on phone.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:23 am

Post by mothrax »

mothrax wrote:To be noted: In post 265 diddin votes Baby Spice for not revoting. Then in Post 298 He unvotes BS without mentioning her, and votes for Gemini for not voting. Gemini at the time had no votes, Where as BS was becoming a hot topic of discussion... now I see it.

FoS: diddin
There it is. If that doesn't infer a connection between the two players, I don't know what does. Yes, they are scummy together, yes I see a possible connection. Yes they are independantly scummy. Those are not mutually exclusive.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I’m having a hard time getting an Iec read. His posts are stuffed full of laziness and not scum-hunting, as evidenced by his 498 as of late. It certainly doesn’t scream the Iec as Town I’ve come to expect. I’m going to have to look over my Iec as scum experiences to see what I can take from that.

Aside from BabySpice and diddin I’m at this juncture willing to vote Dekes. Mothrax, or Quadz if a wagon of any size can be formed. Do not have a Town read on them at all.

Chronopie’s choice to push diddin (lead wagon) over BabySpice at 518 when both are scummy establishes possible linkages.

--
Gandalf wrote:And my point is that I'm tired of losing games because people are figuring out shit logically instead of following their gut.
I’d like a sample of games where following logic has lost you the game.

--
SD wrote:Uuhh... All those walls. I have a headache. Maybe later...
Go die in a fire …

Reading isn’t a hardship. Your play this game is so increadibly Anti-Town (which is only bad if you aren’t scum) it boggles my mind.

AGar’s pass o’ freedom only extends so far. Continue to play this way and I’ll throw logic out the window and get you lynched.

--
diddin wrote:1. I only saw it on a second skim, but agreed with it.
So we’ve come full circle to my original question. You’ve just stated that you didn’t see Gemini’s post until after you voted AV. So we are back to the reason you voted AV to begin with – lack of content. What characterized AV’s lack of content as scum driven compared to Chronopie or other lurkers?
diddin wrote:2. I saw it. I just don't and didn't like all the extreme caution coming from the hydra. I also dislike how they voted in the post replying to my suspicion for not voting. Thy crumbled under my pressure.
Caution isn’t a scum-tell. Stop pretending it is.

Do you still think AV was scummy based on Gemini’s point (which you agreed with) if you now have a scum read on Gemini?

How did they ‘crumble’ to your ‘pressure’? Please provide examples.

--
Mothrax wrote:Hey chesskid, can you provide real content instead of worrying about prods? I would be more likely to agree with your reads if you provided some backing for them. You aren't Fate.
This reaction which occurs approximately 10 minutes after Chess calls for his prod is suspect.
Mothrax wrote:A1: not mad
he called me out on lurking, good on him, however, it ain't his job to keep up w/ prods
. If he had been providing content, I would give less than a rat's ass.
The soft acknowledgement in the bolded that he was lurking is scummy. Chess isn’t wrong for calling him on it … chess is wrong because ‘it isn’t his job’ and he’s not providing content.

--
BabySpice wrote: I'll buddy regardless in a large. It's a way to survive D1. (See Locke's wrestling mafia if you doubt me)
Let’s examine this statement. BS is saying that in a Large Game she will buddy to survive.

1. Not a Pro-Town thought process to be more worried about survival than scum-hunting.
2. Who would you buddy as Town? Scum to prevent a NK? Can you demonstrate a history of being killed early that would justify that sort of play as Town?
3. You also buddy as scum in Larges. See Stars Aligned 3. Null self-meta defenses are useless, IMO.
BabySpice wrote:MoI #474. argueing semantics and synonoms instead of reasonings. Bad MoI.
Deflect deflect deflect. You’ve failed to answer the central question – why would you spell check away LC when it is a clear indicator of Lord Chronos?

I also find it interesting that you have the phrase “Spelling is an optional extra” in your sig when you are claiming to be spell-checking your posts ….

You also haven’t been able to justify why you didn’t vote diddin after calling him scum.

UNVOTE: Diddin
VOTE: BabySpice

I think my vote was better placed where it was originally.

--
AGar wrote:I suddenly feel very uneasy about diddin and BS lynches.
AGar wrote:I'm also of the opinion that Gandalf is probably just really, really stupid town in this case.
Fantastic. Who is scum? Having a hard time seeing any significant suspicions from your ISO.

--
Dekes wrote:I think first and foremost, BS is a bad player. Confusing the two Chrono's is entirely possible. But she said she doesn't want to get diddin lynched. What scum wouldn't want the counterwagon get lynched, especially if so many things are speaking for diddin-scum?
1. Yup. Bad players can’t possibly be scum. Noted.
2. Since you miss the obvious possibility they are partners I’ll just stuff this into my further pile of BabySpice defense from you and ignore the WIFOM here.
Dekes wrote:We have 20 players all equipped with two kinds of powers. I highly doubt that there isn't some form of vig in there. Like others suggested let the vig deal with BS and we focus on lynching scummier people.
And sure as hell in a 20 player game with all sorts of powers there is no possibility that scum might have a protective role, right? Right? Thought so.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:15 am

Post by AGar »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
AGar wrote:I suddenly feel very uneasy about diddin and BS lynches.
AGar wrote:I'm also of the opinion that Gandalf is probably just really, really stupid town in this case.
Fantastic. Who is scum? Having a hard time seeing any significant suspicions from your ISO.
Read the next few posts in my ISO, then. Maybe you'll find them there, who knows.
mothrax wrote:
mothrax wrote:To be noted: In post 265 diddin votes Baby Spice for not revoting. Then in Post 298 He unvotes BS without mentioning her, and votes for Gemini for not voting. Gemini at the time had no votes, Where as BS was becoming a hot topic of discussion... now I see it.

FoS: diddin
There it is. If that doesn't infer a connection between the two players, I don't know what does. Yes, they are scummy together, yes I see a possible connection. Yes they are independantly scummy. Those are not mutually exclusive.
Great, so there's a connection, but at the same time - there isn't!

Good job there champ.

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:22 am

Post by mothrax »

I don't get what you are not understanding.

Diddin is scummy.
BS is scummy.
They are scummy independant of each other.
They are also, due to diddins interaction with the BS wagon, likely, but not necessarily scum together.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:26 am

Post by AGar »

Then why even bother bringing the connection in?

Oh right, chain lynching.

Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Yeaaahh, Ooba's /in!

And I really should catch up now... :\
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Axelrod »

Not tremendously impressed with Baby's return post.

Baby, can you explain what exactly about Lord Chronos' posts makes you feel he's the best vote for you atm? All you've done is agree with Chesskid, who hadn't even said what he didn't like about Lord Chronos.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:31 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

@MoI: LOTR Mafia. Advance Wars Mafia that recently ended(although technically we won/drew by accident).
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:33 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

gandalf5166 wrote:@MoI: LOTR Mafia. Advance Wars Mafia that recently ended(although technically we won/drew by accident).
LOTR Mafia was not lost due to 'logic'. Fate's play was anything but logical. LOTR was lost by the combination of incomplete information and ego.

Any other examples?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Baby Spice »

MoI, nice mis rep, again.

Correcting your faulty meta read of me is not a null meta defense. It's showing your lies.

again you deflect and actually you yourself don't answer the question.

I'm thinking MoI def scum here.

unvote, Vote MoI

Known to spin all sorts of crap as scum, and imo, your spinning crap here.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Axelrod »

So, that wasn't exactly an answer to the question....
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Why would I answer MoI's deliberate misrep of the situation?

Why would I dignify his lie with an answer?

How does he interprit my mistaking Chronos and Chronopie, as me mistaking LordChronos and Chronopie?
Why does he think I would not try to spell someones name right, or for that matter, get their gender right?
When I have apologiesed in the past for misspelling someone's name.
Why does he, and yourself, continue with this crap when someone else has actually admitted thet they themselves have confused Chronos and Chronopie?

Missrepping this badly makes MoI scum, as there is no other reason to do it, and once a certain game ends I'll proove he misreps crap like that.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Dekes »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. Yup. Bad players can’t possibly be scum. Noted.
2. Since you miss the obvious possibility they are partners I’ll just stuff this into my further pile of BabySpice defense from you and ignore the WIFOM here.
1. Even by the highest stretch of imagination I didn't say or imply that. I know too well that bad players can be scum. I learned that the hard way. You can't give me a solid reason why scum-BS would object the diddin-wagon, when it's clear that no matter what one flips it doesn't exonerate the other. They're scummy for independent reasons. So you brush it off as WIFOM.
2. The obvious possiblity? I may have missed it, but I didn't see anything in your ISO that would point to diddin and BS being possible partners. And mothrax' alleged connection between the two is a huge stretch. As fas as I see it I see diddin, who calls anybody scum that votes him, yet is clinging desperately to the BS wagon and BS, who openly admits she doesn't want to lynch diddin even if it is the only other wagon to hers. Nothing that strikes me as particular scum partner behavior.
Dekes wrote:And sure as hell in a 20 player game with all sorts of powers there is no possibility that scum might have a protective role, right? Right? Thought so.
Since no town role will protect BS, if at some point a vig claims a failed killing attempt on BS, she goes down, easy as that. Why wouldn't scum use the opportunity to bus the hell out of scum-BS and her atrocious game now?

That last post by BS was utter crap again, by the way. MoI is even lower on the list of lynch candidates than SD. Axel's talking about his question directed at you, BS.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:59 am

Post by diddin »

Baby Spice wrote:MoI, nice mis rep, again.

Correcting your faulty meta read of me is not a null meta defense. It's showing your lies.

again you deflect and actually you yourself don't answer the question.

I'm thinking MoI def scum here.

unvote, Vote MoI

Known to spin all sorts of crap as scum, and imo, your spinning crap here.

Dude MoI is pretty much confirmed town due to the hated townie claim. Flailharder scum.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

except it's not exactly testable now is it :P
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by diddin »

Magna claimed a role that has to die in some way shape or form for town to win. If he's scum he pretty much ensured his death somewhere along the line.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”