Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

Balam wrote: Movig on: I believe that someone asked for the
supremely amazingly obviously there breadcrumb that YFC completely ignored
. Well... for those of you familiar with the big rock candy mountains. Double up, double up, oh yeah.

I know, I know, such a completely subtle and obscure inside breadcrumb that
nobody could possibly realize is a breadcrumb
. Almost as obscure as randomly coloring someone green in a VC and not coloring someone else while claiming it's a breadcrumb of having investigations on both of the people, amirite.

(looks at link)
Balam wrote:Hey yos sing along with me if you know the song...

In the big rock candy mountains, the jails are made of tin, and you can walk right back out again as soon as you are in

In other news, spot's town, and that is painful for me to say. Like really painful. There's no sum motivation to protect us.

hahaha. holy crap, how the hell did I miss that.

Ok, Balam is 100% confirmed to be a rolecop. Case closed.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by DaSpotthatkillsu »

.... soooooooooo "big rock candy mountain" means "I'M A ROLE COP."

???
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Final Destination »

Why the fuck would I investigate obvscum? THEY ARE FOR LYNCHING. THey are more likely to be a godfather if I get an innocent, PLUS if I 180 on them it throws up red flags, making us more likely to RB'd/Lynched.

This has always been my cop philosophy, so we're not gonna go into THAT debate.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:11 pm

i'm 22 and have only 6-8 months playing this game

and i srsly do not know what the fuck is going on...
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Final Destination »

He's saying that because he breadcrumbed he knew Yos' role that he's "confirmed' as a role-cop.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:13 pm

via "big rock candy mountain"?

:|

BTW all posting from tonite is from kcdaspot.
Henrik Ibsen
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:.... soooooooooo "big rock candy mountain" means "I'M A ROLE COP."

???
He said "Yos sing along with me", and one of the lines of the song was "The jails are made of tin".

He was breadcrumbing that he knew I was a jailkeeper, obviously, and it was before I claimed. He must be telling the truth about being a rolecop.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by Profane Confusion »

DaSpot, PM the mod to figure out what the difference is between No Result and No Visit. Jeeze.

- Incog
Cellar door.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Balam »

DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:scum going for a perfect game.

definately.

BUT WHO THE FUX SCUM?
Lemme make this as simple and easy for you as possible, as I can tell you're frustrated.

You have confirmed YFC as, at minimum, a blocking role. We (balam) have confirmed fate as scum or ourselves as scum. One of us must be scum while YFC is not guaranteed to be anything whatsoever. With YFC, you are taking a less certain and secure route. If you truly believe YFC to be scum, then at minimum we are still going to be scum if fate is town.

The key thing for you to consider is whether fate is scum or balam is scum. Analyze the play of the two slots and decide for yourself which benefits scum more.

I can give my biased summary of fate's play with the following:

> Actively backs off on people when they no longer suspect him - scum motivation here, no town motivation

> Screams a lot but provides minimal content when attacking people (balam, current) - see above

> In his "drunk" attack on us he claims complete certain, then says "well, it wasn't really certain" when we say we think he's town (well, I say it...) and then goes "it was not certain at all, it was just a trick!" when pressured about his actions - Why would town remove themselves from their initial action in this manner? Fate-town in the game I linked drunk pressured me to avoid a NK, but there is no such motivation here because he has someone he thinks is scum. Why would he side-track with a random drunken reaction fish on someone he claimed afterward to have a town read on? It's pointless save to try and force the person to back down. The consistency in which fate's tried to argue everyone down from attacking him is indicative of scum.

> Fate's trying to skew our "role fishing" as somehow setting up for a role cop fakeclaim. Our actions here are consistent: we pushed YFC for a claim, we pushed FD for a claim. Unless he wants to claim that YFC is also town, there is no indication of role fishing to help us with our "fakeclaim."

I'd also like to comment re: the stuff about YFC's claim. YFC targeted you, you were a strong scumread, this is perfectly natural play. You should think before you go "ZOMFG NO PRO-TOWN PERSON WOULD TARGET ME" - we can't read the mod's mind to know whether you're town or scum, so yeah. Re "why didn't you protect teh ethar": hindsight is 20/20. We know
now
that ether wasn't a PR and was going to be killed by the maf, but that was information left unknown at the time yos was making the decision. You're acting like yos should've been able to see the future.

Yos' claim checks out with logic, aside from the fact it's confirmed from the role cop'ing.

P-edit: we are confirmed as rolecop to yos, but not to anybody else, to clear things up. You obviously dunno if we're scum with yos and we set this up or not, but... yeah.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:18 pm

My face... possibly when this entire game...
Henrik Ibsen
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Balam »

Final Destination wrote:He's saying that because he breadcrumbed he knew Yos' role that he's "confirmed' as a role-cop.
Just like you're saying that because you "breadcrumbed" an innocent on someone (without really breadcrumbing at all but whatevs) that you are "confirme" as a cop.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Balam »

Awww, but we had so much fun playing THAT debate on YFC's claim, which so obv obv confirmed him as scum! Why shouldn't we play the same game with you?
DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:i'm 22 and have only 6-8 months playing this game

and i srsly do not know what the fuck is going on...
I'm 16 and have nearly 2 years playing this game.

And I srsly know what the fuck is going on.

I can break it down even simpler than I did above:

One of balam / final destination = scum. This is guaranteed 100% fact.

If you are town aligned, it is your duty to figure out which of us is the scum. (pro-tip: it's FD) If you're scum, it is your duty to vote the one who you know is town while trying to look good doing it.

Capiche?
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:23 pm

hmm... i've played idiot town the ENTIRE game...

and now..... this is really the tipping point...my vote could turn this........

UNVOTE:
yoscayke isn't off the hook... BUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE QT TO WAKE UP.
Henrik Ibsen
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Balam »

DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:hmm... i've played idiot town the ENTIRE game...

and now..... this is really the tipping point...my vote could turn this........

UNVOTE:
yoscayke isn't off the hook... BUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE QT TO WAKE UP.
A bit, yes, but it's not too late to put on your thinking cap.

Quite.

Very good, though I doubt you'll get help from your QT-mate.

If you'd like, I can quote you to my numerous "play bettar" posts towards townies in newbie games. I even have one that I posted to equinox in stock. I list so many different key points in them.... (I'd have to trawl through my wiki, so please don't actually ask me to do this).

Here's the breakdown, though. You know for a fact that one of final destination / balam is lying scum because their claims can't possibly coincide. It is your duty to look at their play and figure out which you think is more likely to be town.

Things you need to look at: behavior surrounding wagons (is the person hyper-aggressive, do they provide good reasoning, if they disagree with it do they have valid reasons, etc), behavior surrounding their claimed suspicions (do they back off it without explanation, do they provide solid logic, is the target convenient, do they actually follow through, do they push with content or do they just provide fluff posts about stuff), the relative amount of content versus fluff that does absolutely fuck all besides looking like something, the relative quantities of paying attention to the entire game and not just going balls deep into a single thing and using it as an excuse to avoid commenting on anything else, the level of reactionary play, etc.

Hope this helps you come to a good decision. The key thing here is to
think
. Do not rush your decision, think everything through, write down your thoughts as you read, revise them as new things come up, and look at your polished thoughts as they form. Do not try to do this off of memory. You
will
need to re-read this game at least partially to get a good idea.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Balam »

Alternatively, you could skip all the hard stuff and learn how to be psychic. Then you could read my mind and see I'm fucking awesome and, as a result, obv town. T'would make it easier, but there's no pressure to do that. I hear telepathy is one of the harder skills to learn, after all... (took me a couple years, myself).

Alternatively alternatively, you could just vote FD for an easy scum lynch, but that'd be taking me for my word. I know I'm awesome, but that's a bit much. I recommend taking the advice I gave you earlier.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Balam...

as said...

Shut up.
Henrik Ibsen
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:35 pm

VOTECOUNT PLOX
Henrik Ibsen
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Vote Count:

Final Destination (3): FES, YosFlavouredCayke, Balam
Balam (2): Copper, Final Destination,

Not Voting (4): Mastermate, Profane Confusion,Lord Fonzi, DaSpot

With nine alive it's five to lynch.

Deadline is May 1st @ 19:00 EST
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by Balam »

All unsigned posts are RayFrostian, in case you people haven't figured that out.
DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:Balam...

as said...

Shut up.
See, I'm trying very hard here to not explode on you for your play so far. I handle my immense frustrations by trying to teach you something. Read it, learn it. What I've said will help you in your games. Mafia is about how you flexibly think about and deal with variable situations, not about rigid concepts. The approach can often mean more than the actual action, and what you focus on when you're analyzing things can mean a world of difference in your accuracy.

Kcda, I'm not going to shut up until I think you actually understand what I'm trying to say here. I'm not even trying to do something related to this game: I'm trying to give you a guide to improving your play as a whole. Forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds in doing so, but I'd prefer it if you asked me to stop politely rather than being rude. I've got a lot less patience than I might seem with how I'm handling your play this game.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Profane Confusion »

Apparently my posts are suddenly invisible to everyone.

ATTENTION:
No decision should be made just yet until DaSpot figures out what his results actually mean.

In addition, assuming both DaSpot and YosFlavouredCayke are telling the truth about their roles, I'm pretty sure we can coordinate their Night actions much better right here right now in order to get the most information from them as possible especially if the correct scum is lynched Today.

So I recommend no votes be laid down just yet until we figure all this mess out.

- Incog
Cellar door.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Balam »

That's nice and all, but where did all the analysis go? We don't have to drop all thoughts to twiddle our thumbs while kcda gets a response from the mod.

Scumhunting everywhere in this bitch. Now.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:47 pm

mods still on...

pm was sent...

mod please answer quickly...
Henrik Ibsen
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:50 pm

... clarified and sent.
Henrik Ibsen
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:55 pm

.... unclear.

There would not be informatory info regardless.

that means "i could have been blocked."

there is no difference in text if either i was blocked or not...
Henrik Ibsen
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:57 pm

hypothetically if yos was maf and killed OR if he was VT and i was blocked it would come up as he didn't visit.

either way. I just don't know.
Henrik Ibsen

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”