Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Iecerint wrote:Understood.

Still need normal power flavor.
No I dont think you do
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

AV's "NEEDS MOAR POSTING" post

I can only get on at most once a day at the library from here on out...This game has coincided with a bunch of awkward situations for me, but soon the universe will right itself and I'll have consistent access.

---
Baby Spice wrote:What should be mentioned/investigated is the difference in MoI from that game to this one. In SA3 he was town.
In SAIII he tried to murder people for a solo win. Bad comparisson.
Baby Spice wrote:I was debating wether to say it or not since it isn't an obvious (to me) power for the goddess involved.
But since SD did, precedent is set.

Rainbow (Hider).
You knew precedent was set beforehand, so why didn't you claim it then? People were obviously after more than a nameclaim. Trying to get away with not fakeclaiming? I don't like the bits-and-pieces approach - name, role, flavour all coming seperate.
Baby Spice wrote:

No I dont think you do
What harm is in it? Why are you being stubborn?

---
Iecerint wrote:Your word is my command.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Quadz

Now I will iso quadz.
What the hell is this? You've barely mentioned Quadz before Chess tells you to vote him. You only ISO him AFTER the vote? You're not putting out any solid reads and then you just sheep on someone else? Do NOT like.
Iecerint wrote:I actually don't think quadz is scum because of the post where he calls you an un-VI.

UNVOTE:
WHAAAA. Don't like this voting behaviour. And no new vote?
Iecerint wrote:That, and Iris is a Greek goddess, so she's town given that she's Iris.
FFMFMFMFMF. Haven't multiple people already said fakeclaims are likely? Jeez.

Unvote; Vote: Iecrint

Willing to revote Diddin, but Iec's posting has been really scummy in the last few pages so.
Also would be willing to see BS lynched. A rainbow coloured PM doesn't make up for her scummy play.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Post by ooba »

Plum, any specific instance where Andrius has made a scum fakeclaim stand out for the wrong reasons ?

BS, just claim the flavor please ..
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Baby Spice wrote:SD comment sounds like his role pm didnt have aligned with greek pantheon in it hence he is not town. Timimg of message and commment similar but hard to check on kindle.
Nor. My comment sounded as if Andrius' would have deliberately invoked the impression that my claim was not a valid town claim and my ability to be confirmed via name claim not intended.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Baby Spice wrote:

No I dont think you do
It is jus flavour, it's fluff, it's nothing - why do you mind claiming it?!
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:45 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Lets see. Either I quote the PM for the flavourful mod kill, or don't

I like Andy and prefer not to have him mod kill me.

As for the rest, why tell the part that makes my role absolutely useless when no-one will believe it anyway due to the scum pushing things.

Strange that I'm copping this and not confirmed non-town.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:47 am

Post by chesskid3 »

jesus christ
learn to paraphrase
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Vote BS

Not a single one of you is going to bother actually scum hunting while I'm still here, regardless, so sod about 75% of you.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Unvote

Vote: BS

well let's get this mummer's farce over with then shall we?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:44 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

PREVIEW EDIT
- Interesting.

My vote is staying with BabySpice.

1. Dribbles out as little as possible about her role and only provides more when prodded.
2. Hider that doesn’t die hiding behind scum? Where have I seen that before? Oh that’s right – NoPoint scum in Blackest Night Mafia.

--

Chesskid’s reaction chain to Baby is very suspect –

612 – BS is obvtown for including color details after Plum made a huge deal about it with SD’s claim.
622 – PR claims are useless in non-Vanilla games.
655 – Suddenly Hider is a easily verifiable role.

--
ooba wrote:- If it's a mod given fakeclaim, then since they gave multicolored role name bit, I don't see why they would shaft a good fakeclaim by giving a role that doesn't fit
- If it is something scum came up with, I'd expect that the team which came up with the multicolor bit could do much better than hider
If it is Mod given (almost certainly it is) and the game is non-Vanilla (it is), then there is a limited amount of role-types to go around. Would you except the Mod to provide fake-claims that directly conflict with Town PRs?

Scum don’t have Daytalk. Any talk of “scum team would come up with better” goes out the window unless you are arguing that they spent every second of Pre-game making additional fake-claims when all Mods assuredly provided them.

--
Quadz wrote:Yeah, but I don't think she would have thought to bother telling us about the color.
That’s very poor thinking in context of Plum making an issue of it with SD’s claim.

--
Baby wrote:But since MoI seems to be keen to retroactively change what his beef was about, and incapable of reading threads ...
Unless you can provide direct quotes to prove the first part that’s a complete lie.

Nice use of insulting rhetoric Baby. Yes, I’m incapable of reading :roll:

I notice you didn’t bother to answer the direct questions to you. Dodge dodge dodge.
Baby wrote:With something like two or three pages preceeding refering to LC as Chronos, it is an easy mistake to make. Especially as at least one other has admitted to making it.
Post numbers to back this up. Pronto.

I'd also suggest it that Chess's post you sheeped blindly couldn't have been hard to understand given that Quadz immediately corrected you on your 'misvote'
Baby wrote:What should be mentioned/investigated is the difference in MoI from that game to this one. In SA3 he was town.
Yes, I am playing differently than SA3 where I was effectively a Serial Killer. Thanks for noticing.
BabySpice wrote:Dont die if hide behind scum.
Yeah, any chance I had of buying this claim went out the door with this post. Dying behind scum is one of the distinct hallmarks of a Hider. Otherwise Mods just provide players with Commuter or Bulletproof roles. My guess now is that BabySpice is a Bulletproof scum of some sort.

--
Iec wrote:1. I am a town fencesitter. You could prove this with science if you wanted to.
Then my impression of the level of your Town play was in error. Also, self-meta is useless. We’ve had this discussion before.
Iec wrote:2. There is no backing off in that post. I am sticking to my earlier opinion that the BS's are different.
Yes, there is clear backing off.

Original statement – Baby I don’t see as scum because she isn’t as scummy as she was in SAIII.

593 statement – I can’t say I get a Town read from her but I still get a different vibe than in SAIII.

In the original you were saying she was Town based on meta. Now you’ve shifted to say that your ‘vibe’ is different but you can’t read her as Town.
Iec wrote:I think BS looks pretty good unless the fakeclaims in this game come in the form of "full" PM fakeclaims. That, or BS is a clever enough scum that
I'd be willing to let her live a few days on principle.
Bolded the scum claim. Town wanting to let 'clever scum' live just because they are clever? I don't think so.

Also the assumption that the Mods didn’t provide fake-claims is hilarious. We’ve already discussed how both Andy and Dana have a history of providing fully formed fake-claims.

--
Axelrod wrote:She doesn't strike me as the type to come up with that multi-colored claim on her own, and it's hard to imagine the Mods providing a complere fake role PM complete with colors (though I suppose it's still remotely possible)
So you find it only remotely possible when the last Large Theme game you played in was Clash of Kings where the Mods did just that.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Axelrod »

chesskid3 wrote:
Unvote

Vote: BS

well let's get this mummer's farce over with then shall we?
WTF? This is bad. BS is town. This is a mislynch. And then, okay, fine, Vote BS?
MagnaofIllusion wrote:So you find it only remotely possible when the last Large Theme game you played in was Clash of Kings where the Mods did just that.
Did they? Differen't mods, and this was close to a year ago, but I seem to recall that the Mods said in that game they would provide the scum with a fake claim upon request - which is not the same thing as providing a fully formatted role PM (complete with colors, and presuambly a picture) for the player to reference as their "fake" claim.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Axelrod »

The color thing is interesting to me because I literally payed zero attention to what "color" my name was in my role PM when I got it, but Plum apparently did, and further noted that the "colors" of the dead pre-game people were different (Black and Grey?) and, what, then guessed that everyone would have different colors - or that scum might have different colors?

It's just weird how this even came up.

BS voting herself out of frustration just seems to suggest even more she's probably town. I guess I've seen scum self-vote out of desparation/frustration before, but more often that seems to come from town.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:39 am

Axelrod wrote:Did they? Differen't mods, and this was close to a year ago, but I seem to recall that the Mods said in that game they would provide the scum with a fake claim upon request - which is not the same thing as providing a fully formatted role PM (complete with colors, and presuambly a picture) for the player to reference as their "fake" claim.
1. Andrius and Dana have a proven history of providing full fake-claims. You don't address this at all.
2. Even if they chose to provide it 'on request' why would you assume that the entire scum team didn't immediately request one? I know we did in Clash the second we got our role Pms. And those provided fake-claims had full formatting, flavor text, and everything else that Town role Pms had.

Your argument was the full-fake claim Pms is a rarity. I'm providing you with just one example. I can provide others of Mods here on site providing full-fake-claims for Mafia in Large Theme games.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:06 am

Post by ooba »

My argument is that if I as a mod made a fakeclaim with the fancy colors bit, It sort of goes waste when I supplement it with a bad role match ..
Magna wrote:Scum don’t have Daytalk.
How are you so certain about this?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:13 am

ooba wrote:
Magna wrote:Scum don’t have Daytalk.
How are you so certain about this?
This has already been discussed in thread. The quote from the rules -
II) All groups with Quicktopics (QTs) will be able to converse during the NP.
I suppose you can make the argument that it doesn't explicitly say they can't talk during the day phase. But given the phrasing that seems likely to be hair splitting.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Iecerint »

MoI wrote:Then my impression of the level of your Town play was in error.
I would challenge you to provide an example of a recent game I played with you that did not have the following pattern:

Accurate, equivocal statement -> attak -> self-meta

And if you can give more than one example of me doing it as scum (I vaguely remember doing it ONCE as scum, so I'm saying more than once), that's bonus points for you.
MoI wrote:Original statement – Baby I don’t see as scum because she isn’t as scummy as she was in SAIII.

593 statement – I can’t say I get a Town read from her but I still get a different vibe than in SAIII.

In the original you were saying she was Town based on meta. Now you’ve shifted to say that your ‘vibe’ is different but you can’t read her as Town.
I clearly did not say she was town in the first post. This is you misreading or making it up.
MoI wrote:Bolded the scum claim. Town wanting to let 'clever scum' live just because they are clever? I don't think so.
You are radically distorting that with your selective bolding. The clear point is that I like her claim unless it was handed to her by the mod, and I wouldn't feel bad about failing to lynch her in the remaining case.
MoI wrote:Also the assumption that the Mods didn’t provide fake-claims is hilarious. We’ve already discussed how both Andy and Dana have a history of providing fully formed fake-claims.
I never made this assumption. Hell, the fact that I mention it shows that I'm NOT making that assumption, but taking the possibility into account.

The question was about the quality of the fakeclaims. And I made that post BEFORE we talked about Andy and Dana. That post is what led to bringing that information into the thread.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Axelrod »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Axelrod wrote:Did they? Differen't mods, and this was close to a year ago, but I seem to recall that the Mods said in that game they would provide the scum with a fake claim upon request - which is not the same thing as providing a fully formatted role PM (complete with colors, and presuambly a picture) for the player to reference as their "fake" claim.
1. Andrius and Dana have a proven history of providing full fake-claims. You don't address this at all.
Do they? I believe I was the one who asked - in this game - whether or not the Mods have a history of giving the scum false claims and people said yes, they do. But I don't remember hearing anything about how detailed the fake claims they provided to the scum were. It's one thing to give someone a fake "name" claim. Another thing to give someone a fake "ability" claim, and yet another thing to give someone a fully formatted fake role PM.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:2. Even if they chose to provide it 'on request' why would you assume that the entire scum team didn't immediately request one? I know we did in Clash the second we got our role Pms. And those provided fake-claims had full formatting, flavor text, and everything else that Town role Pms had.
That was a different game with different Mods. Are you saying that I, having been in Clash of Kings, should be assuming that all mods do what those mods did? I think Clash was the first time I had
ever
seen that from Mods and I've been playing this game for a while now. And I did not recall whether or not the Mods in that game actually gave out "fully formatted" role PMs, as opposed to just giving people a fake name and/or list of abilities they could claim.
MagnaofIllusion wrote: Your argument was the full-fake claim Pms is a rarity. I'm providing you with just one example. I can provide others of Mods here on site providing full-fake-claims for Mafia in Large Theme games.
Okay? Maybe it's the new thing here, but I'm saying I had not seen it before Clash.

Are you saying, bottom line, that you have no trouble at all believing that the Mods would give out a fake role PM to the scum with "Goddess of Rainbows" and even put it in multi-colors.

Why the colors? To make the claim even
more
believable? Did they anticipate that people would be talking about the "color" of their role PMs? This does not strike you as far fetched at all?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:02 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Axel, you haven't played mafia on this site recently, have you?

BS has basically claimed scum with 'LOL IM A HIDER THAT DOESNT DIE BEHIND SCUM" and "NO I WONT GIVE FLAVOR CAUSE I DONT WANNA"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:14 am

Axelrod wrote:It's one thing to give someone a fake "name" claim. Another thing to give someone a fake "ability" claim, and yet another thing to give someone a fully formatted fake role PM.
In LOTR Mafia (Mini Version) Andrius provided me with a full-fake claim including flavor text.

In Blackest Night Mafia Dana provided me with a full-fake claim including flavor text, power description, fake win condition and Role name colors consistent with other Blue Lanterns.
Axelrod wrote:That was a different game with different Mods. Are you saying that I, having been in Clash of Kings, should be assuming that all mods do what those mods did?
You are the one assuming that Mods are not giving out full-fledged role Pms. I’m simply trying to explain why I don’t see that as a logical and valid assumption.
Axelrod wrote:Are you saying, bottom line, that you have no trouble at all believing that the Mods would give out a fake role PM to the scum with "Goddess of Rainbows" and even put it in multi-colors.

Why the colors? To make the claim even more believable? Did they anticipate that people would be talking about the "color" of their role PMs? This does not strike you as far fetched at all?
Yes, I have no trouble at all believing that.

Why the colors? Because if they went to the trouble to do it for Town role Pms (and all evidence including the pre-game flips and my own PM indicate they did) then not doing it for scum fake-claims is open to mass-breaking the game. Why go to the effort of spending all that time designing the game and making detailed Town role-Pms to just make the game easily broken.

And furthermore – even if the scum don’t have full fake-pms – please answer me this:

Do you think someone with a fake role-name of Iris- Goddess of Rainbows would not include a tidbit in their claim about color after Plum SPECIFICALLY asked ShadowDancer the question when he claimed earlier in the Day? Further do you believe that a color claim of Rainbow isn't the obvious way to go?

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Plum »

Baby Spice wrote:Dont die if hide behind scum. Not going to ask about bRB as I doubt Andy would answer.
First is fail and wrong.

Second. Refusing to ask Andy is
not
a Town response. If he refuses to answer (and I HIGHLY doubt he would actually refuse to answer a Hider this, or even someone with an official 'Hider' fake-power claim) you can say so and we can evaluate from there. Excuses? Scumbag.
ooba wrote:Plum, any specific instance where Andrius has made a scum fakeclaim stand out for the wrong reasons ?
Give me a minute and I'll dig through our Mod/review PM. QWe had long talks about fakeclaims.
ooba wrote:My argument is that if I as a mod made a fakeclaim with the fancy colors bit, It sort of goes waste when I supplement it with a bad role match ..
Or BS found it inconvenient to claim her given fake-power claim and went with Hider. Or Andy gave her a Mod-WIFOM fake-power claim.
Axelrod wrote:Do they? I believe I was the one who asked - in this game - whether or not the Mods have a history of giving the scum false claims and people said yes, they do. But I don't remember hearing anything about how detailed the fake claims they provided to the scum were. It's one thing to give someone a fake "name" claim. Another thing to give someone a fake "ability" claim, and yet another thing to give someone a fully formatted fake role PM.
Andrius would. I have no reason to doubt that scum fakeclaims have access to anything variable in Town Role PMs. That includes role color, role power, role name - as it would appear if Andy chose to make the fakeclaim a real role.
Axelrod wrote:Are you saying, bottom line, that you have no trouble at all believing that the Mods would give out a fake role PM to the scum with "Goddess of Rainbows" and even put it in multi-colors.
I have trouble believing Andrius
wouldn't
do such a thing.
Axelrod wrote:Why the colors? To make the claim even more believable? Did they anticipate that people would be talking about the "color" of their role PMs? This does not strike you as far fetched at all?
Colors are variable in Town Role PMs. Therefore they would be expected to be variable in scum Role PMs and in provided scum fakeclaims. Why the colors? Because the Mods
did
anticipate that people would be talking about the color of Role PMs. I am quite quite sure that this was anticipated when preparing fakeclaims (and this doesn't make this meaningless information - it's another part of claims that can be evaluated for likelihood of being true at various gamestages).

Ninja'd?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Axelrod »

gandalf5166 wrote:Axel, you haven't played mafia on this site recently, have you?
I've been on a 1-game-a-year pace type thing for like the last two years. So, no.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:And furthermore – even if the scum don’t have full fake-pms – please answer me this:

Do you think someone with a fake role-name of Iris- Goddess of Rainbows would not include a tidbit in their claim about color after Plum SPECIFICALLY asked ShadowDancer the question when he claimed earlier in the Day? Further do you believe that a color claim of Rainbow isn't the obvious way to go?
You had a better argument going that the Mods would just have done up the whole thing fake for her. BS does not strike me as the type to come up with multi-colored role PM flavor on her own, however "obvious" it might seem to you.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:32 am

Post by quadz08 »

I apparently showed up late to the party, seeing as how like 3 people have already answered all the questions that have been presented recently. So, I agree with them.

Also, AV's 677 is a good post. Slight townread on him after he's returned to posting.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:33 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Well, recently it's become pretty standard to include stuff like color of rolename and flavor text in claims, and so it's also become pretty standard for mods to provide those things in varying degrees. Andy and dana both have histories of doing it to a very great degree.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Axelrod »

Okay, I will yield to others who are adamant that these particular Mods can and would give out such detailed and fake role PMs. I'm still stuck on her self-voting, and I hate self-voting on principle. That looked like pretty genuine frustration.
Plum wrote: Colors are variable in Town Role PMs. Therefore they would be expected to be variable in scum Role PMs and in provided scum fakeclaims. Why the colors? Because the Mods
did
anticipate that people would be talking about the color of Role PMs. I am quite quite sure that this was anticipated when preparing fakeclaims (and this doesn't make this meaningless information - it's another part of claims that can be evaluated for likelihood of being true at various gamestages).
Okay, question: if we take it as given that everyone got different colors in their role PMs, + mod-provided false claims, what information exactly do you think a color claim provides? Seems to me it doesn't say much of anything.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”