Newbie 1086 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:29 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I think what he was asking is how would you feel about me if I was not defending myself as well as I was
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Zachrulez »

2nd vote count of day 2:

JasonT1981 - 2 (MagnaofIllusion, projectmatt)
projectmatt - 1 (JasonT1981)

Not voting (TOGTFO, Jerako, Stefunny, Space Pope)

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch.

Day Two will end no later than 10am CST on Monday May 16th.
Jerako
Jerako
Goon
Jerako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Jerako »

Oh, that does make sense, then.

The question is too hypothetical for me to say for sure. I doubt my read would have changed at all, but it might have, depending on what you said? I only have reads on what you
did
choose to say.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:07 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I’ll be V/LA for usual family weekend duties from today at 4PM EST and will be back Monday morning.

At this point I’m going to make my focus review of Day 1 for TOGTFO, Jerako and Stefunny. Not committing to a vote by this part of today is suspect. All three to varying degrees are not even willing to commit to supportable reads on more than 1 or 2 players.

@Stefunny
– Please justify your lack of scum-hunting and lack of vote given that your slot hasn’t placed a vote outside of RVS.

@Jerako
– Say for the sake of argument that Jason versus Project is a Town on Town affair. Who would be your top two suspects outside of them?

@TOGTFO
– In your next post I expect to see reasoning why SpacePope is at the top of your scum list and reasons why you aren’t voting him.

--

Project wrote:It was an important issue I brought up on my PBP analysis. Jason is happy, apologetic and sweet for one moment, then basically an aggressive madman for the next.

I don’t see this a valid observation at all. You don’t have to be an insulting jerk to play aggressively in Mafia. Aggressive pursuit of your suspect doesn’t mean you shouldn’t play cordially and apologize if you made a mistake.

--

Jerako wrote:My suspicions on Jason haven't changed in the slightest. If anything, the way he's making a coherent, sensible argument now against matt worries me more. He's clearly intelligent enough to realize that some of the things he was saying D1 were ridiculous.

If Jason is still your number 1 suspect why aren’t you voting for him?

-

TOGTFO wrote:*Prod dodge*

I am not being very helpful I know. Sorry. I am going to get my reads out I just need time to be able to focus on this.

If you don’t have time to play the game I’d suggest you replace out. It’s a disservice to your win condition to play as you have been if you are Town.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Stefunny
Stefunny
Goon
Stefunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Stefunny »

AARGH, fell asleep watching first round of the NFL draft last night. I will post promptly after work.
Show
Founding Member of the
U
n
i
c
o
r
n
Brethren

Spoiler: (best spoiler ever)

"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Space Pope »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Notice that he's once again fixated on ONE player (this time Project) and that his 'suspicion' of Stefunny is just window dressing. He hasn't addressed her once.

He's still playing quite clearly to his scum meta.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this apply to both you and Project Matt today? I haven't seen you two really go after anyone else.

Though I am defending here, but Jason-town is behaving in a way I find normal. His biggest scumread is attacking him, therefore both his defense and attack is pointed at the aggressor. It is reasonable for me to think that he would focus on his attacker and at the same time his biggest scumread (which happens to be the same player).

TOGTFO- You missed my question, Do you think Matt has been purposely misrepping Jason?

Jerako- Think about that for a second. If Jason defends well, he is scum. If he defends badly, he is scum. You seem to have made up your mind beforehand on Jason being scum. What about D1 made Jason so scummy?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:25 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

projectmatt wrote:Post #137, #151, #169, #172, this is just an example of posts where MOI has made walls speaking and attempting to understand\interrogate Mogri, but eventually, after the argument was done, he stepped back and focused on other people. The problem is, most of the interactions you did with Mogri were forced and you didn't even try to change your focus until he was lynched. This is, just in case you were going to make me cite the posts where MOI gives reasons for his votes.

Again you fail to show where I actually said 'MOI has great reasons'

Oh, thats right.... I DIDN'T

Another lie from Matt towards me!
Jerako
Jerako
Goon
Jerako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Jerako »

Jerako- Think about that for a second. If Jason defends well, he is scum. If he defends badly, he is scum. You seem to have made up your mind beforehand on Jason being scum. What about D1 made Jason so scummy?

No, you're completely missing my point. It's not about the fact that he's defending, or not defending, or doing so well or poorly. Rather, there seems to me to be a disparity between his apparent ability to form an argument, and the argument he's been forming against matt (which is suspect enough, like I said D1). I couldn't care less how well he's actually defending himself, just the fact that somebody is good or bad at arguing has nothing to do with them being scum. It just means they're good or bad at arguing. It's the motivation behind posts I'm looking for, and jason's motivation doesn't quite seem to be consistent, depending on what he's arguing about. Does that help clarify?

Jerako - Say for the sake of argument that Jason versus Project is a Town on Town affair. Who would be your top two suspects outside of them?

I don't have two suspects outside of them. I'd say SpacePope, but not for any good reasons I could actually explain. It's just a feeling, something about the way he's posting seems off to me, but I don't know exactly what. The other three (MagnaofIllusion, TOGTFO, Stefunny) I think are more likely to be town.
Jerako
Jerako
Goon
Jerako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Jerako »

Not committing to a vote by this part of today is suspect.

That's a fair point. I wanted a reaction from one or both of them to help me decide which one to vote for, is all. They both seem to have ignored me though, for the most part.

VOTE: JasonT1981
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:25 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Well, that puts me at L-1... I will claim but I want Jerako to ask this first.

You say I am defending myself well, I have shown how Matt has misrepped me to make me look scummy on many occasions as part of my defence. I sincerely feel you should look at that.

Alright, L-1 I am the Town Cop
and have an innocent on Jariko. I investigated him because of this post on D1 which caught my attention when reading the game again.

Jerako wrote:I would prefer a jason lynch. Mogri's flip would certainly be valuable, but I think it's slightly more likely that jason is the scum.

Barring a shift in votes to jason, I do fully intend to hammer you, Mogri.

I felt this was a bit suspect, because though he thought more of me bring scum, he was willing to hammer someone else.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:26 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Jerako wrote:
Not committing to a vote by this part of today is suspect.

That's a fair point. I wanted a reaction from one or both of them to help me decide which one to vote for, is all. They both seem to have ignored me though, for the most part.

VOTE: JasonT1981

If I didn't already have an innocent on you, I would point out how dreadfully scummy play this is.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Zachrulez »

3rd vote count of day 2:

JasonT1981 - 3 (MagnaofIllusion, projectmatt, Jerako)
projectmatt - 1 (JasonT1981)

Not voting (TOGTFO, Stefunny, Space Pope)

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch.

Day Two will end no later than 10am CST on Monday May 16th.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:35 am

Post by projectmatt »

I don’t see this a valid observation at all. You don’t have to be an insulting jerk to play aggressively in Mafia. Aggressive pursuit of your suspect doesn’t mean you shouldn’t play cordially and apologize if you made a mistake.

Right. It's just the way he makes the changes. They seemed very forced to me, as I outlined prior.

Again you fail to show where I actually said 'MOI has great reasons'

Oh, thats right.... I DIDN'T

Another lie from Matt towards me!

WOW.

You just revealed yourself, Jason. You revealed yourself pretty hard.

Let's outline this post nice and slowly, shall we?

You quoted part of this post. http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p2999076

The posts reads as this:

Post #137, #151, #169, #172, this is just an example of posts where MOI has made walls speaking and attempting to understand\interrogate Mogri, but eventually, after the argument was done, he stepped back and focused on other people. The problem is, most of the interactions you did with Mogri were forced and you didn't even try to change your focus until he was lynched. This is, just in case you were going to make me cite the posts where MOI gives reasons for his votes.

Also Jason, I'm sorry, as I jumbled up several posts in my mind. Bu the "great reasons" I mean that you've shown several signs of buddying\agreeing with MOI randomly that I've already brought up.

Now, read Jason's post again. Okay? Okay.

As you can clearly see, he
removed my apology\anything relating to my response
and then claimed that I didn't respond. It was in THE SAME FREAKING RESPONSE. There is no way that he could have missed it. No way. He managed to successfully note every other post that I made in this thread, even the post directly after it. But he just so happened to miss my apology\retraction so it made ME look bad.

He's doing exactly the same thing he has accused me as. I will be blunt. He has very obviously scumslipped, or he's an idiot town who actually believes I'm scum so badly that he decided to misquote my post and take things out.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:37 am

Post by projectmatt »

..wow. I just saw Jason's cop claim now. Okay. Here's what we do.

Well, there's a decent chance that we do NOT have a doctor, looking at the possible setups, meaning t hat the mafia could kill immediately. I think over this cop claim and gather my thoughts. I think that if Jason is faking, the real one should claim.

Just a question for Jason right now: You suspected me very hard yesterday, and you barely suspected Jerako at all. Why did you investigate him over me?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:38 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Actually Matt.. I have asked you to show me exactly word for word where I said 'MOI has great reasons'

you still have failed to do so, you have yet to show EXACTLY WHERE I SAID MOI HAD GREAT REASONS..

Also, how the hell does outting you on another lie reveal me>
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:39 am

Post by projectmatt »

Did you READ the post? I very clearly retracted that claim and apologized for misunderstanding, but you missed it and yet still quoted the rest of the post and everything directly under it.

Do NOT avoid the subject. Did you miss that? Did you notice my apology at all? What?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:40 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

projectmatt wrote:
Just a question for Jason right now: You suspected me very hard yesterday, and you barely suspected Jerako at all. Why did you investigate him over me?

Because I am sure you are scum, and can provide proof of that. I was from Day 1. Good Cop play is to push for a lynch on scummier players and investigate middle of the road players who you are unsure about.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:41 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

OK Fair enough, I see that now. I was working on the assumption that you were saying I had said outright that I said MOI had great reasoning as opposed to the way I was interacting with him.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:41 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

jasonT1981 wrote:
projectmatt wrote:

Because I am sure you are scum, and can provide proof of that. I was from Day 1. Good Cop play is to push for a lynch on scummier players and investigate middle of the road players who you are unsure about.

by provide proof, I mean by building a case on you which I have been doing I believe
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:46 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

projectmatt wrote:..wow. I just saw Jason's cop claim now. Okay. Here's what we do.

Well, there's a decent chance that we do NOT have a doctor, looking at the possible setups, meaning t hat the mafia could kill immediately. I think over this cop claim and gather my thoughts. I think that if Jason is faking, the real one should claim

50/50 chance of their being a doc... nice subtle rolefishing btw.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:01 am

Post by projectmatt »

Fair enough explanation.

OK Fair enough, I see that now. I was working on the assumption that you were saying I had said outright that I said MOI had great reasoning as opposed to the way I was interacting with him.

Doesn't make much sense to me, and I hate how you refused to respond when I pointed it out before.

50/50 chance of their being a doc... nice subtle rolefishing btw.

How the hell is that rolefishing? I'm weighing the consequences of a "real" cop claiming if there's not a doctor.

I'm going to
unvote
for now as I consider what I think about Jason as a cop.
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Space Pope »

Caught scum

I'm the cop

Nice 1-1 you did there jason....
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

because you really had no need to bring a doc into it. 50/50 chance for a doc, you knew that if you read the setups.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:05 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Space Pope wrote:Caught scum

I'm the cop

Nice 1-1 you did there jason....

And yet... you didn't vote? lol