Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by Enigma »

Because this game needs to get moving, and if it is a half claim that is needed that idc.
You can take a guess from the claim as to roles or what ever, but it's still going to be a wild guess. I wanna see you try, and I'll giggle in the corner while you do.

Can we get along with the game and decide who to kill now?
Bvoigt or Sathoris is fine to be lynched today.

Do I need to popcorn.
I'll popcorn to Sathoris. KGO
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

My case on smarg is mainly going to be based on vote counts for now.
I have selected a few from sotty's official vote counts, although there are probably other situations I am missing out on that happened between vote counts. Alas.

I will more or less be looking at any large-ish wagon that had smarg on it. A major part of my theory is that when a wagon gets to around 4-5 there is bound to be at least one scum on it, especially in a game of this size and with multiple scum teams.
Anyway, to the analysis:
Sotty7 wrote:
jmj3000 - 5 -
DavidParker,
LynchMePls
Ghostwriter
, smargaret,
LlamaFluff

This is not 100% damning as we don't know the alignment of DP, but if DP turns out to be town (and I do lean towards DP/peregrine being town) this will look a whole lot worse for smarg.

Sotty7 wrote:
ThAdmiral - 8 -
Nachomamma8
, EGL,
LynchMePls
LlamaFluff
, smargaret,
GhostWriter
Amrun
Feysal

Once again, we don't know EGL's alignment so this isn't completely dammning. But come on! One of them basically has to be scum.

Sotty7 wrote:
Amrun
- 10 -
XScorpion
, Beasts of the Sea,
Stephoscope
, bvoigt,
RedCoyote
, ThAdmiral, smargaret, mothrax, DavidParker,
Scott Brosius

This has a bunch of unknowns on it, but is a good example of a normal wagon. Note the amount of confirmed scum on it. Once again: this is a good example of a normal wagon, because like a normal wagon there is scum on it.

Sotty7 wrote:
ThAdmiral - 9 -
Nachomamma8
, EGL,
LynchMePls
LlamaFluff
GhostWriter
Amrun
Feysal
, bvoigt, smargaret

Once again EGL and bvoigt don't make this cut and dried, but common-sense and logic suggest that on a wagon of similar size to the one on amrun above there
has
to be scum on this.

Sotty7 wrote:
Bunnylover
- 13 -
LlamaFluff
Amrun
RedCoyote
, bvoigt, smargaret, Lowell,
Nachomamma8
Stephoscope
, DavidParker, Furcolow,
InflatablePie
gonnano
, EGL

This is one of the wagons I have used before in analysis. My argument then, as it is now, is that there is basically no way this wagon got to 7 votes (i.e. before stephoscope got on it) with just town votes.

Sotty7 wrote:
Furcolow - 8 -
Scott Brosius
, DavidParker,
XScorpion
InflatablePie
Stephoscope
, smargaret, bvoigt,
LynchMePls

Once again a couple of unknowns makes this hard for analysis directly relating to smarg, but it is just another good example that when a wagon gets to 8 you can bet your house that THERE IS SCUM ON IT!!!

Sotty7 wrote:
Amrun
- 11 -
VP Baltar
, bvoigt,
Nachomamma8
, smargaret, Furcolow,
Debonair Danny DiPietro
LynchMePls
, Beasts of the Sea,
Stephoscope
, DavidParker, EGL

I'm still angry about this wagon. The unknowns make it useless for analysis, but it is still worth mentioning that smarg was indeed on it - so on both town lynches so far.

Sotty7 wrote:
gonnano
- 9 -
bvoigt, Lowell, ThAdmiral,
LynchMePls
Scott Brosius
Stephoscope
, Furcolow, smargaret, Beasts of the Sea

Scum even love getting on scum wagons, as you can see here. Another thing to note (without actually looking back to see what was happening at the time) is that is interesting that smarg took so long to get on this wagon when I'm pretty sure she was calling gonnano scum for a while before that.

Sotty7 wrote:
Feysal
- 8 -
ThAdmiral, smargaret,
Stephoscope
, bvoigt,
LynchMePls
Scott Brosius
, Lowell, Furcolow

Once again a lot of unknowns, but it is worth mentioning that smargaret has been involved in every single town lynch. In fact she has been involved in all the lynches full stop.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

The other names that kept popping up were EGL, bvoigt and davidparker. In particular The 2nd and 4th wagons that I highlighted above put EGL in an especially bad light given that he is the only unknown on them up to 4 and 7 (!) votes.

Next lynch must come from one of these three imo. With a huge priority on Smarg or EGL.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:17 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

ebwop: next lynch must come from one of these *four*.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:00 am

Post by smargaret »

ThAd, I got on the gonanno wagon at around 3 pm on a Saturday. He got at least three votes Saturday morning. You yourself pointed out that votes were really spread out - I had been voting/pushing Steph at the time - and when my alternate scumread became a viable wagon, I voted.

Look at my posting patterns - not just in this game, but around the site. I rarely post before 1-2 pm. There's no conclusion to draw from that wagon, and as you admitted, none of the others are particularly bad.

I do agree with the scumreads on DP/Peregrine, EGL, and bvoigt in that order.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:01 am

Post by smargaret »

Oh, and
I'm going to be semi-LA until Monday afternoon due to a command performance with the in-laws
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Sotty7 »

8th vote count of day 5

smargaret - 2 -
The Fonz, ThAdmiral
Sathoris - 1 -
bvoigt
PeregrineV - 1 -
smargaret
bvoigt - 1 -
Enigma
Enigma - 2 -
Beasts of the Sea, Furcolow

Not voting - 3 -
Sathoris, PeregrineV, Lowell

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

Gonna be away for most of the holiday period, so expect one post at most between now and monday.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Sathoris »

Heh, well I'm going on a holiday from sunday till friday, but I'll check in at least two times so I won't be absent for longer than 48 hours.

Enigma wrote:Do I need to popcorn.
I'll popcorn to Sathoris. KGO

If this is what people want I'll nationality claim before I leave.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:18 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Ok, so I posted some of the raw voting data percentages. Did anyone get anything useful from them?

With that, for me, they didn't quite do what I wanted them to. However, the Excel document I have has helped me note some anomalies in the votes.

1. From this, I believe I know the even-night vig, so I can confirm them town in my mind.

2. Votes received this game through day 4.
Furcolow----------132
ThAdmiral--------- 118
The Fonz ----------97
PeregrineV---------83
smargaret---------51
Enigma------------30
bvoigt-------------21
Lowell--------------9
Beasts of the Sea---1
Sathoris------------1

Gonnano-----------93
Stephoscope-------18
Scott Brosius-------10*
VP Baltar-----------3

And the Scott Brosius number is inflated. DavdParker voted him before leaving, and when I replaced in I didn’t unvote until I finished the thread. His actual number is around 2.

My point on this is how did Scott and VP Baltar (Artem) act “so town” so as to receive just a few votes out of 62 vote counts from 20+ players? This is exactly the flying under the radar that the scum team wants. Gonnano failed, but the rest seemed to be doing fine.

So, for now, I will
VOTE: Beasts of the Sea.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Scott Brosius wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
Feysal wrote:

Why so pessimistic? 8-4-2 could be possible, but I think 10-3-1 is at least equally possible.

I think a 3-man scumteam would have a tough time in a 24-player game. With a Day 1 lynch, crosskill, and good vig shot, they could be eliminated by Day 2 in a worst-case scenario.

Yeah I would guess more likely 8-4-2, small chance of 3 man teams with some random third parties running around but given no flips and seemingly no SK 8-4-2 makes the most sense.

And this post of Scott's where he seemingly validates 4 man scum teams make me think there is only 3 on each, making it 8-2.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Furcolow »

what do people think about sathoris, peregrinev, and lowell?
wouldnt be surprised to see scum in the unvoting ranks
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

Enigma wrote:I have nothing I wish to say.

So you don't deny my accusation about the smoke screen? Hard to argue with the truth?

The Fonz wrote:Why are you going straight for the conspiracy theories rather than the simple and obvious explanation, that Smargaret is scum?

Because, as I have said, I don't see how two scum teams would balance with one having a neighbor, explained in greater detail below.

The Fonz wrote:The question is misleading. What is required is not that both scumteams have a perfect counterpart for each role, but that the power level of the two teams as a whole are roughly equal. One could have two strong PRs, one three weaker ones, etc. I have a hard time thinking of a single role that perfectly counterbalances a rolecop, either. Not to mention, the power of a neighbor is pretty hard to quantify.

I understand your point, but a scum neighbor role is unique in the fact that it allows contact with someone outside the scum faction. It isn't balancing watcher/tracker/roleblocker/godfather/doctor etc. Giving access outside of the faction can't be balanced in any way unless the other team has a neighborizor or a neighbor counterpart. And the fact that it makes absolutely no sense under any circumstances for scum to trade one for one for someone she thinks might be scum. Any suggestion otherwise is, as you said, a conspiracy theory.

The real question is, why are you only interested in policy lynching and not even making an effort to look for scummy behavior? All game you have literally done no scumhunting and instead focusing on players who you think are lying. Even if you are as big a proponent of lynching liars wouldn't you have established at least the bare minimum of peripheral scum reads?

Enigma claiming Lyndon Johnson, USA makes me even more comfortable with my vote. Scummy behavior and on the US scum team. All the better.

PeregrineV wrote:So, for now, I will

This is new. Voting someone just because they have received the least number of votes throughout the game? Perhaps it is just being useful? Maybe you should try it sometime. And just to humor you a bit and since you did all that vote counting, why did you pick me over Sathoris who has also only received one vote?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Beasts of the Sea wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:So, for now, I will

This is new. Voting someone just because they have received the least number of votes throughout the game? Perhaps it is just being useful? Maybe you should try it sometime. And just to humor you a bit and since you did all that vote counting, why did you pick me over Sathoris who has also only received one vote?

Well, this:
"My point on this is how did Scott and VP Baltar (Artem) act “so town” so as to receive just a few votes out of 62 vote counts from 20+ players? This is exactly the flying under the radar that the scum team wants."

Vp Baltar- 3
Scott Brosius-2
You-1
Sathoris-1

And you because Sathoris is already attracting attention today. He's had 1 or 2 votes on him all day.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Furcolow wrote:what do people think about sathoris, peregrinev, and lowell?

I'm pretty sure that's what pg is suggesting. Althought I thought the same about feysal and...
Basically I think it is flawed reasoning that is along the same lines as "lynch-all-lurkers". Not all lurkers are scum, similarly not all people who haven't received many votes/have (arguably) flown under the radar are scum.

A good "compromise", if you will, however is bvoigt. He tends to look scummy in both mine and Pg's analysis.

I'd be willing to vote for the sake of some consensus.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by Enigma »

ThAdmiral wrote:The other names that kept popping up were EGL, bvoigt and davidparker. In particular The 2nd and 4th wagons that I highlighted above put EGL in an especially bad light given that he is the only unknown on them up to 4 and 7 (!) votes.

Next lynch must come from one of these three imo. With a huge priority on Smarg or EGL.

Because there can't be wagons that are purely town? Surely that logic is faultless?

Furcolow wrote:what do people think about sathoris, peregrinev, and lowell?

Regarding the Penegriv/DP slot being scum .... well DP was one player I spent a terrible amount of time reading and double reading. I've played with him alot, and if you spend any time checking his scum meta, it's just so predictable. I don't think he's scum here. Bad luck fellas.

Re: Bots,
Me not acknowledging your walls can mean a few things, here's a few take your pick, whatever tickles your fancy.
You're skewing the facts with a biased opinion. Your case has no merit. I don't deny your accusation. I don't feel like replying.
Just to list a few.

And I find it comical that you can deduce that I am scum based off a name claim. Surely if you were that good (and if you were town), scum wouldn't stand a chance against your amazing telepathic skills.

And PS: Can we get this nationality/name claim going. It's no fun by myself. Screw the popcorn someone else just take some initiative.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Post by Sathoris »

Right, nationality claim: Albanian

Next: Bvoigt
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:17 am

Post by bvoigt »

Soviet, as I said earlier. Lowell next, please.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:45 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Enigma wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:The other names that kept popping up were EGL, bvoigt and davidparker. In particular The 2nd and 4th wagons that I highlighted above put EGL in an especially bad light given that he is the only unknown on them up to 4 and 7 (!) votes.

Because there can't be wagons that are purely town? Surely that logic is faultless?

Pretty much.

In all seriousness such a thing probably happens, but it is extremely unlikely that a wagon would get to 7 or more votes without a single scum on it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Lowell »

Sorry still away at my in-laws, will catch up. In the meantime nationality claim is a good idea, name claim probably not as folks have said.

I'm soviet. If fonz hasn't claimed, I'd like him next.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 1:27 am

Post by bvoigt »

Furcolow, what was your nationality again?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Enigma »

Lowell wrote:Sorry still away at my in-laws, will catch up. In the meantime nationality claim is a good idea, name claim probably not as folks have said.

I'm soviet. If fonz hasn't claimed, I'd like him next.

Whats wrong with name claiming?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Lowell »

IMO it'll be easier for scum to manipulate. If there's a pattern in the names, they'll see it before anyone else. And if not, either way, giving scum a meta-issue to discuss all day won't be productive.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Soviet
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good