charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by charter »

Or would you rather we run up someone to a claim, they throw a fit, and everyone can declare them town, and then repeat it four more times?
Sloth
Sloth
Goon
Sloth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Sloth »

I'd rather we not lynch someone that I am pretty damn sure will flip town.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Vi »

Too tired to catch up but doing it anyway.

Vi
- Rumors of my "sheeping" have been greatly exaggerated.
Unless its definition changed to "not placing the first vote on someone" and I wasn't told about it.

"Not scumhunting" is actually kind of an offensive accusation but I don't care enough to rebut it right now.

Sloth
- Sloth's posts are still bad all the way down. I'm not Glork; people don't sheep me for my reputation unless they're scum, sarcastic, or see me going into top gear.
but see below

hiplop
- has still not given any indication whatsoever as to why he would want to hammer (139) Quilford.

charter
- You say that the Scott vote was a deflection from people who are "actively scummy"... like whom, at that time?

charter, cont.; Scott Brosius
- The idea of me trying to protect Quilford from a single extra vote on a wagon I joined is ludicrous. In case my previous post didn't make it clear, there was no coherent case on Quilford. Pressing Neuky and Sloth wasn't going anywhere, so I voted with Faraday to see what he would do with a wagon. When someone I actually wanted to vote popped up, I moved my vote to him. This recent post from Scott B. pretty much demonstrates why again.

And really. Scum aren't interested in staying OFF wagons that look like they're going to a lynch. Scum are interested in finding whatever cheap excuses they can to stay ON wagons that are going to lynch. You of all people should know that.

charter, cont.; hiplop
- I'm sure I explained the hiplop vote somewhere and it looks very different from how you pictured it... Oh, it's right here in my last post.
Vi 128 wrote:Elephant in room: The reasons for voting Qwilfish don't exist, at least not from anyone voting him sans charter.
If hiplop can tell me how and when he started finding Quilford suspicious enough to jump on a wagon he thought was high enough to be around L-1, I will buy a hat so I can eat it.
And it still doesn't exist.

Faraday
- Faraday being feminine in one post and a baller in the next is :?
I liked Faraday a lot before, but he's... actually being serious about the Quilford wagon. I know I'm tired and everything but I don't understand why he's so scummy he needs to be lynched.

Now that the wagon has gone down I'm very eager to see where he'll go now.

Empking
- only posts to push Quilford toward getting lynched.

Quilford
- has some bad ideas but the desperation isn't abjectly scummy like it seems some people are making it out to be. The L-1 wagon was a bad idea and the people on it are terrible human beings. Oh look, this parade should seem familiar.
Neruz 188 wrote:Scott Brosius, Faraday, Sloth, charter, Empking, hiplop
Ignoring Faraday, it's probscum or better all the way down. I don't see myself voting anyone who ISN'T on this list Today.

Found Sloth 248. This is :goodposting: and charter's rebuttal in 249 is awful - it's not that you want to lynch claimed power roles, but that you specifically force yourself into lynching the first sap who claims. This is, again, something charter should know better than to do.

Sloth 251 gets it. So. Much.

---

tealdeer

Neruz 188 wrote:Scott Brosius, Faraday,
Sloth,
charter, Empking, hiplop
Lynch one of these people. If your vote is on someone other than one of these people, you're doing it wrong.

hiplop is still an excellent vote for classic a-lurking, but charter is just about as good.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Sloth
Sloth
Goon
Sloth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Sloth »

Vi, since charter is just about as good, howsabout you hop on the wagon?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Vi »

It would be a somewhat easier decision to make if we had a
Mod: Vote Count

How is charter scummier than hiplop specifically? Otherwise you should be joining MY wagon.

Or charter might answer that question for you now; it looks like he's posting :?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by charter »

Vi wrote:You say that the Scott vote was a deflection from people who are "actively scummy"... like whom, at that time?

Sloth and Quilford had serious votes. Looker was/is scummy.
Vi wrote:When someone I actually wanted to vote popped up, I moved my vote to him. This recent post from Scott B. pretty much demonstrates why again.

Doesn't make sense at all. Scott wasn't the biggest lurker then or now.
Vi wrote:
charter, cont.; hiplop
- I'm sure I explained the hiplop vote somewhere and it looks very different from how you pictured it... Oh, it's right here in my last post.
Vi 128 wrote:Elephant in room: The reasons for voting Qwilfish don't exist, at least not from anyone voting him sans charter.
If hiplop can tell me how and when he started finding Quilford suspicious enough to jump on a wagon he thought was high enough to be around L-1, I will buy a hat so I can eat it.

Hiplop did say why he thought Quilford was suspect.
Found Sloth 248. This is :goodposting: and charter's rebuttal in 249 is awful - it's not that you want to lynch claimed power roles, but that you specifically force yourself into lynching the first sap who claims. This is, again, something charter should know better than to do.

Ok, lets just massclaim then. Then we can lynch whoever. But YOU know that running up three people to claim day one is a terrible, terrible idea.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Neruz »

Zdenek replaces Looker.

I'm short on time atm, so i'll put up a votecount in a bit.
Sloth
Sloth
Goon
Sloth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Sloth »

Hiplop's just an active lurker, something which has a chance of coming from lazy town. But charter is doing actively scummy things, instead of hiplop's passively scummy behavior.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Vi »

charter wrote:
Vi wrote:You say that the Scott vote was a deflection from people who are "actively scummy"... like whom, at that time?
Sloth and Quilford had serious votes. Looker was/is scummy.
I was unsure on Sloth, and kind of still am.
Quilford has been beaten into the ground.
Trying to explain to me how Scott B. isn't scummy and Looker is should be amusing; please try.

Vi wrote:When someone I actually wanted to vote popped up, I moved my vote to him. This recent post from Scott B. pretty much demonstrates why again.
Doesn't make sense at all. Scott wasn't the biggest lurker then or now.
And if I was voting people for lurking that would be a problem.

Vi wrote:
charter, cont.; hiplop
Hiplop did say why he thought Quilford was suspect.
eh wot

Post 95, whichever.
Post 126 was made
after
hiplop offered to nothammer.

Ok, lets just massclaim then. Then we can lynch whoever. But YOU know that running up three people to claim day one is a terrible, terrible idea.
That's actually what happened in one of my recent games (Of Rogues and Curses). We lynched scum D1 and D2, and the two or three or howevermany players who soft/claimed V. Townie early D1 were fairly obvTown from then on. That one troll who begged for us to stop claiming D1 was scum.

I remember I had another example when I made the previous post but I can't remember it now.

There's also the time when iamausername policy-forced the Town to lynch the first Vanilla who claimed. iaun was scum, AceMarksman was reasonably obviously Town.

Massclaiming has nothing to do with it.

---

Cut by Sloth - I'm going to stay a while longer because of what I noted under the third quote block.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Faraday »

will get back to this when i get over the fact quilford isn't scum.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Faraday »

I liked Faraday a lot before, but he's... actually being serious about the Quilford wagon. I know I'm tired and everything but I don't understand why he's so scummy he needs to be lynched.

he doesn't. he's town. i was wrong. meh.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by charter »

Vi wrote:Trying to explain to me how Scott B. isn't scummy and Looker is should be amusing; please try.

At that point, Looker was much scummier. Now I'd say Scott is scummier with how he can't find more than one scummy thing in the thread.
Vi wrote:And if I was voting people for lurking that would be a problem.

I assumed since the only thing you mentioned about Scott was activity, that was why you voted him. If that's not the case, let me know.

You can show examples of where the person who was run up day one was town and the person egging it on was scum, but I am pretty sure (pretty sure) that there are plenty of examples of the other case.

All this aside, I'm not sold on Quilford being scum.
Scott, who else besides Quilford do you think is scum? Faraday, who do you think is scum?
Sloth
Sloth
Goon
Sloth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by Sloth »

Charter, if you're not sold on Quilford being scum, why do you still believed he should be lynched today?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by charter »

I think he's scummy, and at worst he's a vanilla townie. I can tell that you all won't have the balls to lynch someone who claims a power role today, so getting more people to claim is a bad idea.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Faraday »

i have plenty of balls. don't worry. fear of outing pr's in general on mafiascum is way to fucking high.

anyway empking and twistedspoon are scummy. hiplop's also scummy for avoiding this thread. not liking the juls/darthyoshi slot a whole lot from memory.

sloth and charter are town. neuky is prob town too.

finals coming up soon, other game close to deadline don't expect much till wednesday.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Neruz »

Vote Count

Empking
( 1 )
- Looker
Quilford
( 5 )
- Scott Brosius, Faraday, charter, Empking, hiplop
Neuky
( 1 )
- pappums rat
Scott Brosius
( 1 )
- Twistedspoon
hiplop
( 4 )
- Vi, Neuky, DarthYoshi, Quilford
Charter
( 1 )
- Sloth

Not Voting -

With 13 alive, it is 7 votes to lynch.

Day 1 will end on May 10 at 0400 UTC/GMT
Sloth
Sloth
Goon
Sloth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Sloth »

Faraday, why is charter town, please.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 12:50 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

charter wrote:
Ok, lets just massclaim then.

You weren't serious here were you? :?

If not that's a very dangerous thing to say; some poor newbie skimming the topic could easily read this and claim in their next post without detecting that you weren't serious :/
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 12:51 am

Post by Zdenek »

I am here. I will post by the end of the day.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 1:01 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

@Scott: what are the 3 scummiest things you've seen now?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Faraday »

someone died. v/la.

This is one of the more disturbing v\la posts i have seen.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Zdenek »

I've read through the game.

Charter's interactions with Quilford around the time of his claim don't read as genuine to me.
Charter wrote:
It's way too early for today to end. But you've cracked so hard under virtually no pressure it's extremely unsettling.

Considering that he was at L-1, saying he was under virtually no pressure is false.
This is Charter using a strawman argument for why we should lynch Quilford:
Charter wrote:
Or would you rather we run up someone to a claim, they throw a fit, and everyone can declare them town, and then repeat it four more times?

I always thought the "right" strategy was to run them up to L-2 maybe L-1 to see how they react, and unvote if they did so in a townie manner before forcing a claim.

As far as Empking goes, he's had some pathetic voting habits so far. He voted Vi because of gut, and later:
Empking wrote:
FOS: Scott - This post didn't really say much.

At the time his vote was on Vi because of gut. Soon after, he placed Quilford at L-2, and that vote seems pretty opportunistic to me.

One thing I have noteworthy is what seems to me to be an obvious connection between Charter and Empking. Sloth started off the game asking some fairly pointless questions, but considering his join date, I don't see them as being a problem, and they were related to things happening in the game, so I don't have a problem with them. In particular, he asked Charter,
Sloth wrote:
Charter, what are your thoughts on RVS wagons?

Charter responded,
Charter wrote:
The bigger, the better.

At the time, Charter had the second vote on Empking, and he voted with
Charter wrote:
Vote Empking
We're going to figure out if you're town on page one.

All of this indicates to me that he wanted a wagon to form on Empking. However, then he unvoted on page 3 in order to pressure Looker. Doing this seems to be contrary to his view of wagon, and also to the goals of his Empking vote. Since it was RVS, none of this would be all that noteworthy, except that the interactions between Charter and Empking have been generally very weak. For example

Empking wrote:
Charter: Who is more suspicious: Vi or Looker?

Charter wrote:
Empking, how certain are you Quilford is scum?

Charter wrote:
I do want to look over Empking, because his reasons he's been giving recently seem suspect at first glance.

When it comes to Hiplop, we have:
hiplop wrote:
you didn't say anything in this post, why quote so much if you're not going to say anything useful

here we have hiplop making a vague attack on my predecessor, but doesn't bother voting him. In his next post he random votes.

hiplop wrote:
i wasn't criticizing, was just wondering why he'd put so much effort into quoting a bunch of posts, but then say nothing.

Unvote

vote:novote

Pansy unvoting kitty-cat.

hiplop wrote:
is quilford at l-1? i don't want to hammer but im sort of suspecting him now

Setting up the opportunity to get on the wagon later, while providing an excuse for not doing it now.

hiplop wrote:
VOTE: vote quilford

adding pressure

Horrible L-1 vote.

I don't feel as strongly about Vi because these things all happened early, but I'll point them out anyway.
Vi wrote:
I definitely think my Neuky vote is best right now. More than anyone else it seems like he's trying to hide.

She'd originally voted Neuky because something seemed off, now she accuses him of trying to hide. Later she explained this as
Vi wrote:
*RV post in the middle of evolving discussion
*Post clarifying that yes, you were actually trying to say as little as possible

I also saw your name on the active posters list while I was typing 36 and 38, so I knew you were around and not saying anything then too.

First all attacking someone because you see their name in the active list is terrible, when the person hasn't been lurking. Second of all, the events took place in the middle of RVS, when numerous people were random voting in the middle of evolving discussion.

I also annoys me that Vi called out Sloth for his apparent random vote on Hiplop, but then sheeped Faraday's random vote on Quilford.

Scott is a lame nonparticipating lurker who I'd be fine with lynching.

Faraday wrote:
I'd be surprised if charter was scum.

Why?

All in all, my strongest scum reads are Charter, Empking and Hiplop, and if either Charter or Empking flipped scum, I'd want to lynch the other. I'm a bit hesitant about Hiplop because of his newness.

Unvote
Vote Charter
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Empking »

All of this indicates to me that he wanted a wagon to form on Empking. However, then he unvoted on page 3 in order to pressure Looker. Doing this seems to be contrary to his view of wagon, and also to the goals of his Empking vote.

Page three is past page one.

At the time his vote was on Vi because of gut.

So?
Soon after, he placed Quilford at L-2, and that vote seems pretty opportunistic to me.

Why?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:25 am

Post by pappums rat »

Unvote
Vote Empking

Zero scumhunting, way too much defending of himself with no real pressure
at all
(like half to 3/4 of his posts are this), and a poor vote on Quilford.

Scumreads: Empking, Scott, and Twisted Spoon. (In that order)
Townreads: Vi, Quilford, Charter, Zdenek, Faraday. (In that order)

Hiplop, you may have already answered this question, but why exactly did you ask if Quilford was at L-1?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Empking »

pappums rat wrote:
Unvote
Vote Empking

Zero scumhunting

Define "scumhunting". Also: Why do you think I did zero scumhunting?

, way too much defending of himself with no real pressure
at all
(like half to 3/4 of his posts are this),

Excluding this post where have I defended myself?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”