A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

End of day votecount .

Zdenek (4) Benmage, Danakillsu, Shadow1psc

Not voting (3) -LynchMePls, Zdenek, Twilight Sparkle.

*With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch

*Deadline countdown is here.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

The Inkeeper

Anyway like. Zdenek sat in the tavern and the inkeeper watched as 6 people came in. The only other 6 people left in King's Landing, it seemed, apart from himself and the unfortunate Zdenek, and beat the shit out of him.

The Inkeeper tried to stop them! 'You can't kill Lord Tywin' he protested.

Like but they ignored him, he was dead. Or not. So they dragged him outside and hung him by the neck for what seemed like a long time. Then he died. People were all like FUCK YEAH A STARK DAY with their terrible puns and shit. Then they saw who he was.

Spoiler: audio version of this scene

Zdenek was lynched Day 7 - He was was
Beric Dondarrion - -Modified Nk Immune and Brotherhood without Banners Aligned

Night 7 begins. Maximum of 72 hours to send your actions in.
War has arrived!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

The Hand of the King sat on a stone bench in the dark. One hand firmly gripping a bottle of fortified Dornish wine, the other idly playing with the golden Hand pendent that identified his status.

He sobbed into the darkness, messy tears mixing with snot and again with wine and dripping down his face. He missed his brothers. His father was furious with him, putting them in danger as he did, and for what?

He took another long swig from his bottle. It wasn't his fault, it was the others! The fools! Couldn't they see his plan? He'd trapped the Lightning Lord. The fucking Lightning Lord. He who could not be killed, dead by his actions!

He chuckled, but the chuckle turned into another sob. "I miss my brothers".

He heard a noise from behind him then. He knew danger lurked. He has to be quick.

He reached for his blade, his bottle shattering against the stone, but it was too late. His assailant grabbed his chain. And as life faded from him, his last thought was that the hand pendent at the end of the chain was very pointy.

Benmage -
Ser Osfryd Kettleblack - Lannister Aligned Brother
has been killed night 7

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch. Deadline for Day 8 is 2 weeks from now 15th May at 5am GMT
Deadline er
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Mon May 02, 2011 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
War has arrived!

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Okay. Cow is town. Shadow is probably town.

I think LMP is more likely Stark than Dana, but not so much that I want to quickvote and end it.

There's a good chance there's only one Stark left - the reason we were wrong about Zdenek's alignment is because there were SO FEW possible Starks.

Now to drudge through the muck one last time and see what I can see~

-hito
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Counter thingy edited in.
War has arrived!

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 8:20 am

Post by danakillsu »

So do you think the "Brotherhood without Banners aligned" is just a red herring? The last guy who was self aligned said "self aligned". I think we might have another "Brotherhood without Banners aligned" player out there.
Vote: LMP
to start things off.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 10:41 am

Post by hasdgfas »

danakillsu wrote:So do you think the "Brotherhood without Banners aligned" is just a red herring?

*nods*

danakillsu wrote:The last guy who was self aligned said "self aligned". I think we might have another "Brotherhood without Banners aligned" player out there.

*ponders*

*spreads arms wide*
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

A hands days are too long
and lives are too short
:shifty: bah?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

Eddard Stark wrote:
Counter thingy edited in.

Zdenek was not Stark, but wasn't Lannister. One night kill last night makes me think that he was the SK, with a strange name is all. Meaning, the Stark is left, and it's probably LMP or TS. A mis-lynch today means I probably die tonight (or the cow does, but I could see scum leaving him alive over me), and a scenario where dana is alive with LMP or TS. If anyone wants to sell Dana as scum, now is your chance, but things are looking good for him, unless he's vanilla scum. Point being, Magua flipping an actual vig, and cow being a proven dayvig point to LMP's claimed kill being the odd one out. I will reiterate the point that you have to believe two other kills were hidden n1.

Still, paranoia always rears its ugly head. CPR doc is a wild thing to claim, it's late and I forget when it was claimed in relation to Magua and Bunny, but I don't think it fits. I will place my vote at the end of tomorrow if no one has anything to argue about.

@MOD: Come the morning, can we prod anyone who has yet to weigh in?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

Coulda sworn I clicked quote on Dana's post, but eh. You get the picture.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:06 am

Post by LimMePls »

I think dana is scum aligned with Zdenek. I spent last night looking over Zdenek's play, and any connections with living players. Here is every time Zdenek mentions Dana:

Zdenek wrote:I agree with MoI that Twilight Sparkle's use of soft accusations against him is scummy.
MoI, since Zoraster's flip, what are your opinions of Nexus and Dana?

Trying to sniff out people's opinions of dana.

Zdenek wrote:
Dana:

I see very little scum hunting in Danakillsu's posts. Early in the day, he was guilty of posting pro-town fluff:

danakillsu wrote:
raise: DGB For pointing out how stupid it is to self-raise. We all get that you want to tell us you're town and you trust yourself. It doesn't even need to be stated. Now start trying to play the actual game.

dana wrote:
Wrong. You are not keeping anything from happening by raising yourself. If we wanted to raise somebody else, we could do so whether you were raising yourself, someone else, or no one. Your job in this game is to convince other people that certain players are town or scum, and a raise of yourself because "you trust yourself and nobody else" doesn't help anyone. Let me put it this way: Do you lynch vote exclusively to see the person you vote for lynched?

I also don't think that he was being honest about his awareness of the statistics of self-raising from the last game. I also feel that he wasted a lot of time talking about self-raising and hascow's post restrictions rather than scum hunting. Additionally, there his jumping at the chance to vote for xvart based on GreyICE's incorrect reading of his posts.

Calls dana scum, but in a pretty weak way. This is what I'd call "firing blanks". Never places a vote on dana...

Zdenek wrote:Or it's a townie with a static read from one day to the next. I don't see how a Mikujin town flip could cast doubt on Dana, and view this as a poor attack on Dana.

...while finding the time to defend dana.

Zdenek wrote:
TS wrote:Point Five: Inconsistency regarding Danakillsu

There is no inconsistency; I was attacking your logic.

Here Zdenek defends himself from the accusation that he has been inconsistant in regards to danakillsu.

Zdenek wrote:
TS wrote:Okaaaaay...so, your stance on danakillsu is: he’s not scumhunting, but if the person he tunneled on day one (when he “wasn’t scumhunting") flips town, you can’t see how that would reflect negatively on dana? Have I got that straight?

I don't think that Dana being wrong about Mikujin would reflect particularly negatively on him. There were reasons to vote Mikujin and Dana wasn't the only vote on him that day.

More defending of dana, even after his supposed "ooh, dana is scummy" post from above.

Zdenek wrote:
danakillsu wrote:The main thing I noticed was his extensive case on Bunnylover, his secondary scumread, and his lack of a case on Feysal.

At least now it is completely clear that you haven't been paying attention to the thread at all.

More blanks from Zdenek.

Zdenek wrote:
Benmage wrote:Actually Dana is very likely town due to Kasts results.

You're assuming no vanilla scum?

So, even though Zdenek thinks dana is scum, but has had to fight with others over his inconsistant positions, he's willing to buy "dana is town from Kast results" out of hand? This just keeps getting more and more obvious.

Zdenek wrote:I'm not saying that the assumption the Starks have a goon is superior to the one that they don't, but just that I don't think that it is a good assumption to use to clear someone. However, I've decided that Dana is cleared, see below.

**SNIP**

Finally because of Nexus' presumably role-blocking me and their being two kills the night he died, I can't be the SK. I am guessing that the night before there was overkill on Kast, which makes sense. Although, now as I think about it, since Setael was presumably investigation immune, this line of reasoning clears Dana.

Hey look, Benmage brought up the idea that dana is cleared, and suddenly Zdenek is a huge proponent of the idea.

Zdenek wrote:Dana is confirmed town.

LOL.

Now every time dana mentions Zdenek:

danakillsu wrote:@ Zdenek
I like how you had to quote my first post to "prove" that I've been posting fluff.

???

danakillsu wrote:Well, out of the lynches that are available, I guess my preferred one is Zdenek. His vote and nomination both look fairly scummy to me.

This screams easy bussing to me. No thought put in it whatsoever, just "oh my buddies getting a wagon, let me hop on".

danakillsu wrote:
LMP wrote:So because Zdenek is voting and nominating YOUR town reads, he must be scum? And its so scummy that it negates the BLATANT connections that Feysal has to TWO SCUM FLIPS?

dana is scum.

ZOMG! I THINK DANA IS WRONG SO HE MUST BE SCUM, RIGHT?
Cut it out, man, you're better than that.

LMP wrote:LynchMePls wrote:@dana: Benmage is voting and nominating the exact same way that Zdenek is. What is your read of Benmage?

My read of Benmage is town, because he has given some explanation at least for voting the players he's voting. Zdenek has not contributed as much, and in fact has kind of sheeped Benmage (who I think is wrong). Scum are often willing to vote town players when other town players do the work of making them look scummy. I can give you more on Zdenek, if you really think it's necessary, but not today.

I love the double standard that I caught dana in here, and I love that it was once again, in regards to an interaction involving Zdenek-dana. So now we've seen in thread a double-standard existing between Zdenek and dana and on between dana and Zdenek. I also love that originally his vote on Zdenek was because Zdenek was "voting and nominating his town reads", but now it's "oh, he's sheeping Benmage". Nice story change.

danakillsu wrote:
LMP wrote:This is so hilarious because THIS IS EXACTLY THE THINKING YOU ARE USING, not me. Your exact explanation for your thoughts on Zdenek were that he was "voting and nominating two of my town reads". Which means YOU THINK HE IS SCUM FOR DISAGREEING WITH YOU. To boot, you confess a town read of Benmage, despite the fact that Benmage was voting and nominating THE EXACT SAME AS ZDENEK. So you have a double standard. It's ok for Benmage to vote/nominate in a way you don't like, but not Zdenek.

I don't think he is scum for disagreeing with me. I think he is scum for voting town. There's a difference. Obviously, this game is based on opinion. So my townreads are not town to anyone else, necessarily. But scum is more likely to vote for town, and he's voting for town. You think I'm scum because I'm not voting for the person in this game you think is scummiEST. That's not a scumtell. If you want to call it a double standard, you can go right ahead. The fact of the matter is, it WOULD be scummy for either of them, but Benmage is already town. Zdenek is not already town, so he's scum.

I love this. Basically here dana just flails because he can't admit his real motivation for voting Zdenek, which was distancing from his scum partner. So when his first weak reasons for voting Zdenek are exposed, he just tries to contrive other (equally weak) reasons. But he sticks to that vote come hell or high water.

danakillsu wrote:I wish people would go for Magua, which will get us some info, rather than the easy lynch target Zdenek. Seriously, he always looks scummy.

Wait, what!?!? L-O-FUCKING-L. That is awesome.

danakillsu wrote:Oddly enough, I mostly agree with Magua's analysis, and believe that it means we should actually lynch him. I think our Stark candidates are Zdenek, LMP, and Magua, and nobody's voting Zdenek or LMP. To me, it seems your choice is clear.

Interesting analsys for someone who is convinced that Zdenek is scum. This is seriously laughable.

danakillsu wrote:What's with all these stupid "plans"? We don't really know what we want to do tomorrow until we see today's flip. So lets lynch someone who has a good chance of being Stark (Zdenek, LMP, or Magua) and get on with it. Since this is the one actually picking up steam,
unvote vote: LMP

I love that again Zdenek is in his "lynch from this" list, and again he votes elsewhere. All that day 2 distancing must have made dana feels safe in dropping Zdenek. This is so sick.

danakillsu wrote:There's only one Zdenek vote so far, and as I've been saying, he's one of the very few that could still be scum.
vote: Zdenek

Oh, NOW he's ready to start lynching Zdenek again. That's quite a fascinating development...

danakillsu wrote:Earth to LMP. If lynching Zdenek makes us lose EVEN IF HE'S A STARK, it doesn't matter what we do. Without crosskills, we've already lost. As I said, I'm quite sure that's not the case. 95% is completely random. It's just there to make a point. Let's get back to the game instead of making jokes about and discussing things that don't affect our play.

Someone was eager to be on that Zdenek lynch.

And now that day has started, we get this awesome posting:

danakillsu wrote:So do you think the "Brotherhood without Banners aligned" is just a red herring? The last guy who was self aligned said "self aligned". I think we might have another "Brotherhood without Banners aligned" player out there.

AKA: "Hey guys, I wanna test the water and see if my buddies flip has alerted you guys, or if you'll just discount the possibility of an actual second scum team. I'm not going to bother to actually offer an opinion on this, so that I can agree with whichever opinion seems to be the most prevelant".

Thanks for claiming Zdenek buddy in thread dana. Dana has played scum ALL GAME. The only thing that's kept him out of the noose was the idea that the Starks wouldn't have two investigation immune players. Well, that was never really good enough for me, doubly so now that we have reason to suspect a second scum group. dana needs rope.

Vote: danakillsu
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

So, LMP, your weak position is that Zdenek, the nearly confirmed SK, has a partner???
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:15 am

Post by LimMePls »

LOOK AT HIS FLIP! Are you kidding me? He flipped with an alignment that isn't "self-aligned", AND WE'VE SEEN SOMEONE FLIP SELF-ALIGNED! I'm actually pretty astonished that you think he doesn't have a partner. Also look at the name of the alignment. "BROTHERHOOD WITHOUT BANNERS". How many 1 member brotherhoods have you seen?

Both flavor and mechanics AND MOST IMPORTANTLY play all point to him having a partner. How on earth is that a "weak" position?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

This goes back to the early game pondering of "Are there two scum factions?". In which case this was 4/2/1 (scum) in 24. Further more, you have to think either a) this partner couldn't kill, or b) both factions shot benmage last night, and there hasn't been cross-fire in the last 3-4 days by chance. You could believe 5/2/1, or 4/3/1, but the latter makes less sense with the night kills and current game state. 5/2/1 sounds plausible, but leaves us with the fact that there's still a stark left. I'll let TS post a wall on the subject, but it's hard to ignore there being two kills this whole time, then suddenly one when another party was lynched. I could see him flipping a third party faction while being the only one representing in the actual game as the SK, with all he did in the story.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Though, a point in your favor is that Dana is vanilla, and an 'SK' having a vanilla partner is weird.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Votecount 8.1

LynchMePls (1) Danakillsu
Danakillsu (1) LynchMePls

Not voting (3) Shadow1psc, Twilight Sparkle, hasdgfas

*With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch
*Deadline is Sunday may 15th at 5am GMT.
* Imma be V/la. Death. Should be around to keep stuff ticking over.
War has arrived!

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:15 am

Post by danakillsu »

@ LMP
You funny, funny LOLCat. I didn't want people to lynch Zdenek for a time because he's easy to lynch. Once it became apparent that he actually was likely scum, I decided to lynch him. There's no problem there. Also, I'm not an idiot. Apparently hascow and Shadow would not have believed that Brotherhood aligned means that Zdenek had a teammate. So why would I bring that up in the first place? There's no way I would draw attention to myself like that if I was Brotherhood and people didn't know a Brotherhood member existed besides Zdenek. But good try, it's not like you have a lot of options besides me to try and get suspicion off of yourself.

@ All
Now that you mention it, a Serial Killer with a partner really wouldn't make any sense. When I think about it, calling two people Self-Aligned could be confusing anyway, since they would appear to have the same alignment. I think we have two lynches to get the scum, then, so let's get LMP and worry about the next lynch tomorrow. If, after that point, you believe LMP, you are certainly free to lynch me in Lylo.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

danakillsu wrote:If, after that point, you believe LMP, you are certainly free to lynch me in Lylo.

Why would you EVER say this as town?

V/LA on weekends
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

The key and operative word there is 'if'.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 am

Post by LimMePls »

So he thinks you should all lynch me now, no questions asked, and then if you regret it tomorrow, you can lynch him in LYLO. Which if he is town means we lose. And you think there is no problem with this?

V/LA on weekends
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 9:06 am

LMP are you seriously saying you think it's 18:4:2:1
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:00 am

Post by LimMePls »

With the amount of powerroles we've had? Yes. we had 3 confirmed "mason-like" players, a role cop, a doctor, a one-shot dayvig, a one-shot night vig, a one-shot cpr doc, Jamie-message-people-role-thingy, a roleblocker... help me out here, I'm probably missing some. Not to mention that with the exception of the wedding (which we worked around anyways) there was another set of in-game events that pretty much all favored town.

Are you seriously suggesting that someone flipping with a named group in a different color from the "Self-Aligned" and town flips shouldn't be considered as a scum team? It seems pretty fucking blatant to me.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:03 am

Post by LimMePls »

From A Clash of Kings:

Eddard Stark wrote:10) Super Smash Bros. Fan - Self Aligned - Bulletproof Serial Killer - Dual Lynched Day 4

V/LA on weekends
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:07 am

With the amount of powerroles we've had? Yes. we had 3 confirmed "mason-like" players, a role cop, a doctor, a one-shot dayvig, a one-shot night vig, a one-shot cpr doc, Jamie-message-people-role-thingy, a roleblocker... help me out here, I'm probably missing some. Not to mention that with the exception of the wedding (which we worked around anyways) there was another set of in-game events that pretty much all favored town.

...which is why I am willing to bet real cash money there are more than four fucking starks, yes

Are you seriously suggesting that someone flipping with a named group in a different color from the "Self-Aligned" and town flips shouldn't be considered as a scum team? It seems pretty fucking blatant to me.

I assume it was just to distinguish it from the lyncher in terms of colors in the OP.

A serial killer is a different thing than a scumgroup. Being bulletproof goes a long way in this game. And third-parties generally expect a lower win-rate than the other factions. It's fair, in other words, to have a low chance to win, AS A SINGULAR THIRD PARTY.

But 4 and 2? So not only are both scumgroups tiny relative to supertown (With crosskills being more of a bugger), but one scumgroup is just randomly half the size of the other? for serious?

-hito
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:12 am

Post by LimMePls »

TS wrote:But 4 and 2? So not only are both scumgroups tiny relative to supertown (With crosskills being more of a bugger), but one scumgroup is just randomly half the size of the other? for serious?

1) How is that any worse than an SK who is solo? Is [19-4-1-1] better? Or are you saying there are 2 Starks left? Because if so, you have a lot of explaining to do, because your position keeps conveniently changing about the Starks. First its LL-SK me and Zdenek Stark, then its Zdenek-SK LMP and ??? Stark? If lynching dana doesn't end the game, then you're clearly the last of (insert whichever group is left, most likely Stark).
2) I guess 5-2 can't be ruled out?

I just don't believe that flip means "Serial Killer". Especially when looking at the SK flip from ACoK. The serial killer flip there was explicit in both "self-aligned" AND "serial killer". This flip lacked BOTH.

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”