Mini 1162- Inglourious Basterds Mafia (Game over)

Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Hazard with a Glove »

I'm with the ABR wagon, the claim sounds fake, as well as the post saying its fake.

He could have told us that it was fake in the same post as the "Night scene sucked balls" one, but instead he waits until a couple votes fall on him to tell us it was fake. I'm not believing it.
Vote:Abr
I have not yet begun to procrastinate
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hazard with a Glove wrote:I'm with the ABR wagon, the claim sounds fake, as well as the post saying its fake.

He could have told us that it was fake in the same post as the "Night scene sucked balls" one, but instead he waits until a couple votes fall on him to tell us it was fake. I'm not believing it.
Vote:Abr

This does have me pissed at him...and the wine is making my head spin.

If it was a charade he shouldn't have kept it going today (opener).
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Just logging this for later. Your push against Elsa was not a "Elsa is scummy" push, but an "Elsa is wrong" push. This is something you didn't explain before and something you should have specified.

Reasoning?

Again, obvious. I STARTED the case against nintendo. Don't act like it was a wagon I jumped on like you did (and called it a policy lynch, mind you).

Now you come in today. Name 3 people you’re fine with, and obviously since following drew are fine with whomever. Buddy CENTRAL coming from DH.

I said that I was NOT okay with you, split or tclaw. I didn't say anything else about anyONE else except for ABR and pappums. And the fact that he is being wagoned for fakeclaiming to get an action out even reads MORE town.

You’re okay with ABR…. mod wine. Claim confuses you. Nothing about ABR’s actions have been protown this game.

Oh yeah, I forgot. You're fucking terrible at judging motivation regardless and can't comprehend why scum wouldn't do something like that, even if he ISN'T the jester that he claimed to be.

SCUM buddying even potentially a 3rd party here.

That is so dumb. Can you name a time when mafia buddied with a third party without coming out completely fucked? No? Can you understand why there's no motivation behind that then, and therefore clears me on that point as well?

We’re in a mini. What do you think the scum/nontown roles look like? You keep referencing Simpsons…This is gonna be different. So you think ABR is a jester survivor? Or what? Games swingy okay. Lovers looks like it hurt town more than helped.

How many scum do you think there are DH?
How many nontown roles?

I haven't a clue what ABR is now, and that point is moot. In a 13 man mini, but factoring in the lovers, I'd say 2 mafia and a third party of some weird variety. Since ABR isn't it (or MAY be it), do you really think that me, as scum in your eyes, would willingly put my ass on the line by helping out the third party and not going with the wagon that's
currently being built
?

3 non-town roles. If there is a third party, I'm willing to bet that it coincides with town's though, so that yet remains to be seen.

-You push ninendo for shitty reasons, but are trying to paint me poorly…nonono

So, me creating the "nintendo caved under vote pressure off the get-go" case is worse than your "Policy lynch. Vote: NA." case?

This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

^ All this to benmage. I thought I mentioned him at the beginning of the post.

You want this one.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Elsa von Spielburg wrote:Also, you've got the obligatory "Oh noes, that was a bad night," reaction that I've seen from scum far too often.

Yeah...I killed the lovers. I'm the bear jew. 1-shot town vigilante. I screwed up badly.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:52 pm

The reason I asked to be vigged was because, well, I'm the vig and therefore safe from a vigshot.

TF seemed scummy to me so I shot him, and I messed up! Ouch...

My method of killing is always a baseball bat, so you know I'm not going to kill anymore.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

ABR couldn't be more fucking town at the moment.

Votes off, people. How about we lynch tclaw?

You want this one.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by tclawren »

UNVOTE:

@ABR:Why didn't you renounce the fake claim earlier?

@Benmage: You're kidding me right? DH is supertown. He's by far my strongest read.

@Drew: Do you have any other reason for voting me besides I was the one on that wagon the longest?

Let me reread and I'll be back with a vote.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:18 pm

tclawren wrote:@ABR:Why didn't you renounce the fake claim earlier?

Because I don't want to
release the kraken
claim unless I'm at risk of being lynched. It narrows the list of PRs and gives scum an advantage.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:23 pm

So I'll show some goodwill to not be autovoted at first....then I'll say I'm not a jester if I'm voted....then I'll claim my real role if I'm threatened with lynch. You never know how the chips will fall.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by tclawren »

VOTE: Pappumsrat

1) That hammer was bad. NA1's reaction to the gambit(?) was totally a town reaction.
2) You keep on wanting to send the town down paths of confusion. First you ask about everyone's knowledge about the flavor. This doesn't help town at all and really detracts from scumhunting. And then today you ask everyone's opinion about a massclaim, which at this stage of the game won't help at all and will probably just offer up mass confusion.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by tclawren »

DemonHybrid wrote:
first one: It was after you put some heat on him. I saw the point you were making. I agreed with it. I voted. What's wrong with that?

It'd be fine if you didn't do almost the same exact thing with an FoS on TF.

Also, I'm not buying that "I used an FoS because I felt better with my vote on NA1". You didn't have to use an FoS at all. In fact, I RARELY see FoSes used, and having it used twice in a row in a wagon that flared up and died really quickly reads as REALLY weird to me. Was FoSes the flavor of the day that day, or what?

This is something I noticed and something you can't talk your way out of. And you aren't even assessing ABR's claim right. You completely ignore motivations and see things at face value, so either you're not really thinking things through or you're a smooth talking mafioso.

My post was about something completely different than Pappums. His was about the lack of a vote in TF's post. Mine was about his flip flop. You are misrepping me bad.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

tclawren wrote:VOTE: Pappumsrat

1) That hammer was bad. NA1's reaction to the gambit(?) was totally a town reaction.

Explain.

You want this one.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:At least one scum on the wagon yesterday. That hammer was uncalled for, seriously.

Unvote, vote pappums rat

I declare my fakeclaim, it was a gambit to get to Day 2 without getting roleblocked.

The hammer was uncalled for? LOL. It should have been obvious to him and to everyone else that that was not the hammer. He then gave what appeared to me to be a non-genuine AtE, and then he got the hammer. You were voting him too, so you supported his lynch. What was really uncalled for was the absurd jester gambit. It was completely unnecessary as there are plenty of other people the scum could have roleblocked (if they have a RB) so its not like you were going to absolutely be target number one for them to RB. It was anti-town and led to more confusion for the town, and completely made Day 1 worthless for getting reads. As ill-planned as it was, I don't think ABR is likely scum, though a one-shot SK is not completely out of the question, but I will
unvote
. No clue who the scum are atm.

P.edit: LOL hardcore at tclawren. I explained why I asked the flavor question (which isn't some bizarre question to ask in a themed game) and I asked about a massclaim because we have already taken heavy losses and having a better understanding of who have what roles would narrow down who may or may not be scum.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

Righto. No counters, so
Unvote
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

pappums rat wrote:As ill-planned as it was, I don't think ABR is likely scum,
though a one-shot SK is not completely out of the question.

Er... what? Do those even exist? This smacks of trying to keep a VERY far-reaching shred of suspicion on ABR if you need to come back of it.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

pappums rat wrote:As ill-planned as it was, I don't think ABR is likely scum,
though a one-shot SK is not completely out of the question.

....pappums, have you finished a game as scum? If so, can you link it please? I want to see if you make crazy suggestions like this if there is meta at all.

You want this one.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:15 am

Post by pappums rat »

One-shot SK is entirely plausible, and yes I do make "crazy" suggestions all the time, as town and scum. Check my wiki for meta, Mini 1120 is my most recent game as scum and is full of crazy suggestions.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:22 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

See, I'm not sure if it's wise to hook into the fact that it does seem like you're trying to keep a link towards ABR as being scum. ABR is the most town player in this game. The flavor makes sense, his kill (though was a bad decision) made sense, his claim makes sense and his play makes sense. I DON'T like the fact that you created that link, but if you have both town and scum meta of making crazy decisions, I won't look too hard into it.

I'm still okay with my tclaw vote. Can we please lynch him?

You want this one.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Vote Count 2-3

Albert B. Rampage (2)- pappums rat, Hazard with a Glove,
Benmage (0)-
DemonHybrid(1)- Benmage,
drewoftherushes (0)-
Elsa Von Spielburg (0)-
Hazard with a Glove (0)-
pappums rat (3)- splitfarvle, Albert B. Rampage, tclawren,
splitfarvle (0)-
tclawren (2)- drewoftherushes, DemonHybrid,

Not voting(1)- Elsa Von Spielburg,

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch. Deadline is May 22nd 3pm EST.

Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:51 am

Post by drewoftherushes »

@tclaw - that was my reason initially. Now it just a hunch. Sticking with it until something more compelling happens.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

DemonHybrid wrote:Didn't once look at the town motivation behind suggesting a massclaim.

split, assume pappums is town and give me reasons why he would even fathom of suggesting a massclaim.

It seems to me that in any game it's a bad idea because it's going to benefit scum more than town. Option 1: Town claims, scum lies, scum has all the info. Option 2: Town PR's lie, scum lies, scum gains an advantage anyway because now the PR's have credibility issues.

In this game specifically, I'm not going to rule out any role that requires knowledge of the other roles to win. I'm also not going to rule out the possibility that the mod has given the scum fakeclaims. I don't see any benefit at all to a massclaim at this time regardless of how many town players are gone now. Suggesting a massclaim is anti-town no matter how I look at it and I'm comfortable with my vote.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Benmage »

Meant to post after work today, time got away from me. Will have to wait until tomorrow.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:18 am

tclawren appears scummy to me
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:19 am

I want a show of good faith from pappum before I unvote however

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”