YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

Profane Confusion wrote:The Copper explanation made sense on the surface, but I see no reason for why the mod couldn't throw something like a scum JK in to the mix to make the set-up a bit less predictable especially if your claim is truthful and actually town-sided.

- Incog

So, the theory you're going with here is that the only pro-town power roles are tracker and rolecop, and that the mod specifically gave the scum a completly useless role (jailkeeper when there were no no-scum killing roles) just in order trick the rolecop?

You realize that makes no sense from a balance perspective, right?

This line also makes PC is scum, not that we really needed more proof at this point:

Profane Confusion wrote:I can't believe you're even trying to pin a potential town loss on Fate's back; if you do manage to somehow be town here, I think it's pretty much YOUR fault that we've lost.

If PC was town, there's no way he'd be so sanguane about Fate's horrible cop fakeclaim, and so willing to let him off the hook for it. Especially not if he believes Balam is town, which he seems to; that means a town rolecop targeted a vanilla, said he was vanilla, and that person then...claimed cop, just to fuck with the town. Of course, as it is, he's increadibly happy about Fate's fakeclaim, since it let him get a mislynch yesterday and since all the confusion Fate created makes him think he's going to get me mislynched today.

PC, who do you think are the three scum here? Also, why have you been so close-lipped about any other possible suspects? You keep saying you think I'm scum, but if you were town, I'd expect you to be trying to figure out the whole scumgroup in this situation. Why aren't you?
Mastermate
Mastermate
Townie
Mastermate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:03 am

Post by Mastermate »

I love how YosCayke and Balam are shoveling shit back and forth as fast as they can. It's kinda cute, but it'd be sad if it worked at this point. I'm going to separate this out into several points indicated by large text so you can't possibly screw this up.

Point #1: There is no scum jailkeeper.

- At best, YosCayke is a mafia roleblocker who claimed jailkeeper so they could keep running this "mafia jailkeeper doesn't make sense as a probably role" gambit. It was pretty clever at first, but don't let it fool you.

Point #2: Mafia Balam set up Mafia YosCayke's roleclaim in advance because they are scum together and planned it out.

- Don't make the mistake of thinking these guys don't have it in them to plan ahead. Breadcrumbing a fakeclaim in advance is par for the course, and I'd expect nothing less from Yos2.

Point #3: After we lynch YosCayke, don't let their bullshit today get Balam off the hook as they try to set him up for a long-term win.

- Yos knows he's done today, so he's just setting things up for Balam to try and look good.

Point #4: Even after we breadcrumbed a doctor role at the end of the day yesterday, YosCayke supposedly blocked us anyway.

- That pretty much seals them being scum at this point. Scum YosCayke would block us so they could kill DaSpot without problems, but town YosCayke would not have reason to target us.

Point #5: Balam only breadcrumbed YosCayke's roleclaim.

- I don't believe they are a rolecop at all, much less a town one. They claimed to have a result on FD, but didn't even breadcrumb it, even after taking all the trouble to breadcrumb YosCayke's. If you have multiple results and you're breadcrumbing, you either do them all or none of them. You only do one if you're setting up your scumpartner's claim in advance and don't know who you're going to have to claim that second result on yet. It was pretty obvious FD was townie when they claimed, so countering their "cop" claim wasn't a big gamble. With someone as high profile as FD being under suspicion all game, any sane power role would have breadcrumbed that result so they couldn't fake claim later in the game.

Point #6: Balam (aka rayfrost) claimed that the conversation between him and Fate never happened.

- I don't see town Fate lying about this, especially when pretending the conversation never happened would have actually benefited him *more*. I think rayfrost lied about this to help get Fate lynched and then hoped it would be ignored the next day. They are counting on Fate's reputation as a loose cannon to get a reprieve on this point, but we're not letting it pass.

Point #7: Be careful when deciphering the third scumbuddy today and in the future.

- YosCayke and Balam know their days are numbered at this point, so they are trying to play the long game and set up a scum win, because we have to lynch 100% correctly from here on out. At first we thought it was going to be PC as #3, based on YosCayke's attack on them at the end of the last day. Still not sure, but they are at least distancing hardcore right now. Not going to reveal any other conclusions on the third scum at this point, because it's harder for them to obfuscate it if they don't know what we've caught on to already.

In fact, we're confident enough in our suspicions to place our vote.

Vote: YosFlavouredCayke, FoS: Balam

Come on, BalamCayke, I dare you to claim that our voting makes us scum because it risks giving the scum the win. Oldest excuse in the book.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:19 am

Post by Frogito Ergo Sum »

Have you considered the balance of the set-up at all? 1 Tracker is not nearly enough vote power. Unvote.

And we should finish the mass claim.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:23 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

13 players, 3 scum (at least 1 with power), at least 1 town power role. Seems about right, actually.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermate
Mastermate
Townie
Mastermate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:23 am

Post by Mastermate »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:13 players, 3 scum (at least 1 with power), at least 1 town power role. Seems about right, actually.

Whoops...quoted for ISOs.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:34 am

Post by Frogito Ergo Sum »

We switched to 13 player minis because town lost too many 12 player games. 13 players with 2 scum is balanced. 13 players with 3 scum and a tracker is not.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:39 am

Post by Profane Confusion »

I'm not even sure we necessarily even need to be dealing with 3 scum here. Around the moment smargaret and I replaced into the game, we for the longest time had thought the game might have been Mountainous with maybe only 2 scum since we knew our role to be Vanilla, and the fact that we saw all the dead Vanillas that had already been killed/lynched upon our arrival. Copper had actually mentioned something about their hydra thinking the game might have been Mountainous too; when I saw that I was surprised actually because I thought we were the only ones who might have been considering that. It was probably one of the few lines Copper has written that made me think that hydra might be seeing the game from a town perspective.

If we *are* dealing with 2 scum here, I wouldn't at all be surprised with a set-up that consisted of one pro-town power role and one scum power role. That would work balance-wise in my eyes.

YosFlavouredCayke wrote:If PC was town, there's no way he'd be so sanguane about Fate's horrible cop fakeclaim, and so willing to let him off the hook for it. Especially not if he believes Balam is town, which he seems to; that means a town rolecop targeted a vanilla, said he was vanilla, and that person then...claimed cop, just to fuck with the town.
I'm in no way saying that Fate isn't partially to blame for the predicament we're in, but if you are indeed somehow town, I think the blunders you've made this game outweigh the one mistake Fate/AGM made when they fakeclaimed.

Where do you get the idea that I believe Balam is town?
Cellar door.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:51 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Btw- we're vanilla. I know no-one's actually called for our turn yet, but it's only us and Mastermate left anyway.

Mastermate stalling for Yos' results when he was called to the plate in popcorn is not cool. I still have a really hard time seeing UB pulling the whole 'Let's quote QTs' thing as scum- but I also have difficulty seeing Primate and MoS being genuinely quite as stupid as their latest posts would make them look as if they're town.

Firstly, one town power, one scum power, in a 13p game is not nearly enough. For it to be even close, that role would have to be a full cop. Tracker and, say, scum RB, is not very far off mountainous- in fact it might even be worse because scum has scope to fakeclaim. And there's no way that 13-3 mountainous is balanced.

I'll address the points that I think can be engaged with here:

2) Claiming two strong power roles within a scum group, as FES pointed out earlier, is a hugely risky gambit, given that there are likely to be enough town power roles that the number of power claims make it obvious at least one and probably more of them are lying.

4) If Yos and Balam are town, then scum, even if they did see your breadcrumb, would presumably know it fake, because I don't think I've ever seen doc/jk in the same game, and rc/tracker/jk is balanced, where the addition of a doc isn't. You're having your cake and eating it here. Simultaneously arguing that the 'LOL underpowered town' setup is balanced, while pretending that a town Yos, who would know he is a Jailkeeper and be pretty sure Balam is a rolecop, what with having detected his role and everything, could somehow not only catch your breadcrumb, but believe it had a snowball's chance in hell of being real.

I will not accept a lynch other than Copper or PC today, because I'm pretty sure these two are scum, whereas I'm now torn between MM and FES for the last partner.

FES, who's scum?
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

BRING IT, BABY.

Before I start launching plaintains, I'm going to talk about setups. I did a search for "jailkeeper" in the phpBB3 game forums, and I've learned quite a bit about interesting setups. First and foremost is that every instance of a mafia-aligned, neutral-aligned, or self-aligned(!) jailkeeper was accompanied by some killing power on an opposing side. Theoretically speaking, it makes no sense to have a jailkeeper for shits and giggles, but I figured I might as well get evidence to back that up. I've kept an incomplete list saved in drafts in case some lazybutt wants to call me out on this. (It's incomplete because I stopped taking notes halfway.)

Oh, yeah, I'm not going to search the archives. You do that if you don't believe me. :P

Let's start, then. First, I have a complaint from AGar: Mastermate went into this crusade about {mafia role cop, mafia roleblocker} without thinking about how weird that setup would be against {town tracker}. Yeah, sure, we've got the rest of the mass claim to do, but
Mastermate is already attacking
. Bold move, misters.

Preview edit:

Mastermate wrote:13 players, 3 scum (at least 1 with power), at least 1 town power role.

Wait, are you seriously arguing that I'm actually a mafia goon who just magically knew that Final Destination was vanilla despite picking up power role breadcrumbs from them? That's kind of hilarious.

Okay, let's wade through that very nice-looking wall with the giant words. I'm lazy and don't want to quote stripe, so here's a handy list of what I think of Mastermate's arguments.

Point #1: The part about there being no scum jailkeeper is probably true with evidence pointing that way, but YosFlavouredCayke is actually a jailkeeper. True story.
Point #2: Oh, we totally planned on joint-claiming role cop and jailkeeper just when we could have just lynched Final Destination with much less dirt on our hands. "But I wouldn't put it past Yosarian2!" What do they say about conspiracy theories, again?
Point #3: Ooh, chain lynches, I
love
chain lynches. Yeah, no.
Point #4: I'll admit that I'm worried about YosFlavouredCayke for this reason, but now that you've mentioned it, there's another problem. You didn't have to actually crumb doctor; YosFlavouredCayke could have easily made the argument that they got roleblocked and then DaSpotthatkillsu died, all without you trying to draw protects away from the bullseye. Before you claim that we planned this argument/scheme out ahead of time, think about this: If we're a scum team, we're in dire straits, and we'd be much better off immediately cross-bussing each other with roleblock results.
Point #5: AGar crumbed the result on Final Destination. However, the point could be made that we waited until Night 2 to crumb a result on YosFlavouredCayke. We're still town role cop. If you want to go wage war about who breadcrumbed more, I point you to Final Destination. Yep.
Point #6: I already explained this. Clearly, you did not even read my post. Way to scum hunt.
Point #7: LOL I DON'T KNOW WHO THE LAST SCUM IS SO I'MMA PLAY IT OFF

tl;dr - No.

I'm going to go on a limb here and say that Mastermate is probably scum so eager to get their prime mislynch that they forgot to think about why that pairing would make even the most remote amount of sense.

Yeah, I just called YosFlavouredCayke town. Their action last night does not make sense to me, but I'm having
a lot
of trouble believing that they're a mafia jailkeeper when there's been no evidence of either a serial killer or a vigilante... or even anything to counter it, apart from the funny-looking role cop. "Funny-looking role cop" is not a convincing argument.

Preview edit: ...I got ninja'd by walls. ._.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

Profane Confusion wrote:I'm not even sure we necessarily even need to be dealing with 3 scum here.

We are. TheButtonmen didn't set a deadline. LyLo tell for some mods, and deadline isn't something one forgets to set, I don't think.

Forget the fact that I know I'm a town power role and that scum need to somehow balance that.
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:27 am

Hm that's a fair point. TheButtonmen has been pretty consistent with respect to setting deadlines.

Mod:
Do we have a deadline for Day 5?
Cellar door.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Lmao, Balam...you are still so desperate to push the jailkepper myth. We don't believe YosCayke is a scum jailkeeper anyway, so why are you so desperate to convince us that it's not possible?
Permanent V/LA.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Lmao, Balam...you are still so desperate to push the jailkepper myth. We don't believe YosCayke is a scum jailkeeper anyway, so why are you so desperate to convince us that it's not possible?

"We can't refute anything, so we'll just sit here, alone, and pretend that we can't be convinced at all because we won't get our mislynch otherwise."

Cool story.

Lord Fonzi and YosFlavouredCayke, how would you two feel about lynching Mastermate? I'm down for a Copper lynch, too, since they scum-slipped that Final Destination was actually vanilla.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Mastermate and FES are on the shortlist for the third scumbag. Today, I want to lynch a sure thing, ie PC or Copper.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

Vote: Copper
Profane Confusion
Profane Confusion
Goon
Profane Confusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:27 am

I won't be laying any kind of a vote down until I get some confirmation from the mod about what's going on here.

Er, LF, how am I a sure thing? I mean think about the scum group you're proposing there - do you really think that grouping even makes sense?

@Mastermate: We still need a claim from you. Also, I'm curious to know what you think about the stuff Final Destination said about the AIM conversation he had with the RayFrost portion of the hydra.

- Incog
Cellar door.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Profane Confusion wrote:
Er, LF, how am I a sure thing? I mean think about the scum group you're proposing there - do you really think that grouping even makes sense?

You're a sure thing because I'm pretty sure that you and Copper are scum, but I'm not sure which of the two remaining players is your last partner. I don't see how that partnership doesn't make sense- I do think the arguments for Yos and Balam being scum don't make sense. I mean, you attacked Copper for a while, but you were happy enough to jump off to force a claim out of Yos. I don't see any interactions there that say 'Obviously not a bus' to me.

since Balam's on board.
Mastermate
Mastermate
Townie
Mastermate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Mastermate »

Profane Confusion wrote:@Mastermate: We still need a claim from you. Also, I'm curious to know what you think about the stuff Final Destination said about the AIM conversation he had with the RayFrost portion of the hydra.

- Incog

We're waiting to hear from YosCayke before laying our claim down, although we feel our role is fairly obvious at this point. Still, we will neither confirm nor deny any guesses officially at this time.

Mastermate wrote:
Point #6: Balam (aka rayfrost) claimed that the conversation between him and Fate never happened.

- I don't see town Fate lying about this, especially when pretending the conversation never happened would have actually benefited him *more*. I think rayfrost lied about this to help get Fate lynched and then hoped it would be ignored the next day. They are counting on Fate's reputation as a loose cannon to get a reprieve on this point, but we're not letting it pass.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

My last word on this subject:

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3013302#p3013302]1532[/url], Equinox wrote:I learned later, after the thread was locked, that RayFrost did indeed approach Fate about his drunk posting, though RayFrost tells me that this occurred well before the drunken activity in this game. Fate made an honest mistake, and I gave him and AlmasterGM hell for it. For that, I apologize.

Also, before you continue pushing the absolute "never happened," note my language all day yesterday. I said that the conversation
did not happen after Fate's drunk posting in this game
, since that was the allegation and that was potentially compromising to the game's integrity. Whether or not any conversation happened before that fact was not of my concern, since Fate and RayFrost are free to communicate as they wish if it's not relevant to this game.

I'm not taking offense at Mastermate's accusation that I'd lie about that to save our collective skins, but it does annoy me that such a shitty argument is being made at all. Desperate times call for desperate measures, I suppose.
Mastermate
Mastermate
Townie
Mastermate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Mastermate »

Balam wrote:(Equinox)

BRING IT, BABY.

Before I start launching plaintains, I'm going to talk about setups. I did a search for "jailkeeper" in the phpBB3 game forums, and I've learned quite a bit about interesting setups. First and foremost is that every instance of a mafia-aligned, neutral-aligned, or self-aligned(!) jailkeeper was accompanied by some killing power on an opposing side. Theoretically speaking, it makes no sense to have a jailkeeper for shits and giggles, but I figured I might as well get evidence to back that up. I've kept an incomplete list saved in drafts in case some lazybutt wants to call me out on this. (It's incomplete because I stopped taking notes halfway.)

Again, we're not arguing that there is a mafia jailkeeper, so stop trying to convince us otherwise. There is a mafia roleblocker, NOT a mafia jailkeeper. There are plenty of mafia roleblockers without opposing town killing roles.

Oh, yeah, I'm not going to search the archives. You do that if you don't believe me. :P

Let's start, then. First, I have a complaint from AGar: Mastermate went into this crusade about {mafia role cop, mafia roleblocker} without thinking about how weird that setup would be against {town tracker}. Yeah, sure, we've got the rest of the mass claim to do, but
Mastermate is already attacking
. Bold move, misters.

We chastised one of our heads for hammering before the other got to read the thread and realize how obviously scummy you and YosCayke were. Since we realized you were both scum at the end of yesterday, that is why we set up the plan to try and force you into not having useless results today. Unfortunately, you found a way to call our bluff and be completely useless power roles last night.

Secondly, we don't believe there is a mafia role cop. We don't believe you have any special abilities, Balam. Don't try to pull that setup shenanigans with us.

Preview edit:

Mastermate wrote:13 players, 3 scum (at least 1 with power), at least 1 town power role.

Wait, are you seriously arguing that I'm actually a mafia goon who just magically knew that Final Destination was vanilla despite picking up power role breadcrumbs from them? That's kind of hilarious.

Okay, let's wade through that very nice-looking wall with the giant words. I'm lazy and don't want to quote stripe, so here's a handy list of what I think of Mastermate's arguments.

Point #1: The part about there being no scum jailkeeper is probably true with evidence pointing that way, but YosFlavouredCayke is actually a jailkeeper. True story.

You can't refute it so you just deny it? Hmm, that sounds familiar...

Point #2: Oh, we totally planned on joint-claiming role cop and jailkeeper just when we could have just lynched Final Destination with much less dirt on our hands. "But I wouldn't put it past Yosarian2!" What do they say about conspiracy theories, again?[
Point #3: Ooh, chain lynches, I
love
chain lynches. Yeah, no.

We've set up more complicated claims in the past. What you did isn't all that convoluted.

Point #4: I'll admit that I'm worried about YosFlavouredCayke for this reason, but now that you've mentioned it, there's another problem. You didn't have to actually crumb doctor; YosFlavouredCayke could have easily made the argument that they got roleblocked and then DaSpotthatkillsu died, all without you trying to draw protects away from the bullseye. Before you claim that we planned this argument/scheme out ahead of time, think about this: If we're a scum team, we're in dire straits, and we'd be much better off immediately cross-bussing each other with roleblock results.

We were worried that if we didn't mention protection we would get attacked for creating a plan that put DaSpot in obvious danger. Thus, we made sure to mention protection on them for completeness. More on this and Fate's involvement after our role claim.

Point #5: AGar crumbed the result on Final Destination. However, the point could be made that we waited until Night 2 to crumb a result on YosFlavouredCayke. We're still town role cop. If you want to go wage war about who breadcrumbed more, I point you to Final Destination. Yep.

Quote please?

Point #6: I already explained this. Clearly, you did not even read my post. Way to scum hunt.

Quote please? I read your posts yesterday and you clearly stated that rayfrost never had this conversation with Fate.

Point #7: LOL I DON'T KNOW WHO THE LAST SCUM IS SO I'MMA PLAY IT OFF

Obviously if we knew who the last scum was we would say something. We're not clairvoyent, duh... We already shared with you our strongest lead for Scum #3, but we haven't had time to discuss the other possibilities in depth enough to feel comfortable sharing them. Plus, we'd like to gather more evidence before trying to present a case. Regardless, we expect to die tonight, so we plan to put it together before the end of the day.

I'm going to go on a limb here and say that Mastermate is probably scum so eager to get their prime mislynch that they forgot to think about why that pairing would make even the most remote amount of sense.

Yeah, I just called YosFlavouredCayke town. Their action last night does not make sense to me, but I'm having
a lot
of trouble believing that they're a mafia jailkeeper when there's been no evidence of either a serial killer or a vigilante... or even anything to counter it, apart from the funny-looking role cop. "Funny-looking role cop" is not a convincing argument.

Preview edit: ...I got ninja'd by walls. ._.

Unfortunately for you, your arguments in favor of YosCayke's role are absolutely irrelevant, since your own role is called into question and you are the only thing supposedly confirming that YosCayke is a jailkeeper and not a roleblocker.

Lord Fonzi wrote:
Profane Confusion wrote:

You're a sure thing because I'm pretty sure that you and Copper are scum, but I'm not sure which of the two remaining players is your last partner. I don't see how that partnership doesn't make sense- I do think the arguments for Yos and Balam being scum don't make sense. I mean, you attacked Copper for a while, but you were happy enough to jump off to force a claim out of Yos. I don't see any interactions there that say 'Obviously not a bus' to me.

since Balam's on board.

Wait, so you see how PC's attack on Yos protected Copper, but you don't see how Balam and Yos conspired to get FD lynched when Yos was nearly yesterday's target? How can you not see that at all? That is completely unfathomable.

PC, Copper, FES, need more input from you three on your suspicions right now.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

I am not quoting anything. Reread the fucking thread if you care that much. Though the fact that you felt the need to ask me to quote those at all tells me you haven't been reading anyway.

Lord Fonzi, I'm pretty sure now that Mastermate is scum here. I cannot see town pushing these kinds of arguments. Look at Mastermate's plan and tell me how that isn't trying to drive the protection away from DaSpotthatkillsu; their thing about how they "had to mention protection lest [they] get attacked" is a load of crock. I believe YosFlavouredCayke to be town (see setup speculation), and I trust their read of Frogito Ergo Sum; therefore, the team would be {Copper, Mastermate, Profane Confusion}.

Well, I was right about Unicorn Brethren being scum. Go figure. You lot should have listened to us on Day 3.

Okay, I probably shouldn't flood the thread trying to feed the troll. I have nothing else to say, anyway; the 63 pages of game can speak for themselves, I think.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Mastermate wrote:
Wait, so you see how PC's attack on Yos protected Copper, but you don't see how Balam and Yos conspired to get FD lynched when Yos was nearly yesterday's target? How can you not see that at all? That is completely unfathomable.

What is completely unfathomable is your failure to see how little sense Yos and Balam as scum make, and how totally unbalanced having only one power role would be.
Mastermate
Mastermate
Townie
Mastermate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Mastermate »

Balam wrote:(Equinox)

I am not quoting anything. Reread the fucking thread if you care that much. Though the fact that you felt the need to ask me to quote those at all tells me you haven't been reading anyway.

So basically you can't prove that you breadcrumbed your result on FD so you rage instead? Nice.

Lord Fonzi, I'm pretty sure now that Mastermate is scum here. I cannot see town pushing these kinds of arguments. Look at Mastermate's plan and tell me how that isn't trying to drive the protection away from DaSpotthatkillsu; their thing about how they "had to mention protection lest [they] get attacked" is a load of crock. I believe YosFlavouredCayke to be town (see setup speculation), and I trust their read of Frogito Ergo Sum; therefore, the team would be {Copper, Mastermate, Profane Confusion}.

Well, I was right about Unicorn Brethren being scum. Go figure. You lot should have listened to us on Day 3.

Okay, I probably shouldn't flood the thread trying to feed the troll. I have nothing else to say, anyway; the 63 pages of game can speak for themselves, I think.

Lawl, so apparently telling the doctor to protect DaSpot is driving protection *away* from them? Lmfao...
Mastermate
Mastermate
Townie
Mastermate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Mastermate »

EBWOP: I like how Balam "trusts" YosCayke's read on FES in order to avoid having to make a read of their own. Additionally, love how they completely fail to mention having any read on Fonzi, somehow managing to mention their read on every other player left in the game except them.

Lord Fonzi wrote:
Mastermate wrote:

What is completely unfathomable is your failure to see how little sense Yos and Balam as scum make, and how totally unbalanced having only one power role would be.

13 players with 1 or 2 power roles on each side isn't terribly unbalanced. The first post of the signup thread led me to believe it'd be light on power roles anyway, so it's not surprising either.

TheButtonmen wrote:
It's a theme game just how complex is this game going to be?

No fancy flavour, roles or rules, just good old fashioned mafia with a friend.

I'd even go so far as to posit that perhaps jailkeeper is outside that scope. It's entirely possible that it's not, but it certainly helps convince me that I'm right about this.
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:15 am

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

Mastermate wrote:
Point #2: Mafia Balam set up Mafia YosCayke's roleclaim in advance because they are scum together and planned it out.

- Don't make the mistake of thinking these guys don't have it in them to plan ahead. Breadcrumbing a fakeclaim in advance is par for the course, and I'd expect nothing less from Yos2.

So, let me get this streight. Your theory is this:

1. Balam breadcrumbed multiple times the I was a jailkeeper, breadcrumbs that no one picked up on (including me) but are obvious in retrospect.

2. Balam forced me to claim, threating to hammer me at lynch -1 if I didn't claim. Note that without the threat of Balam's vote, there would have been no need for me to claim at this point.

3. I refused to do so for 24 hours. At any point during this time, I could have been hammered without claiming at all, completly ruining this supposed "gambit".

4. 24 hours later, once I got a response from Incognito, I claimed jailkeeper.

5. Balam claimed roleclop, pointed out his breadcrumb, and claimed Fate was a vanilla townie (correctly).

6. He was so sure of that, that when Fate decided to pick up the idiot ball and claim cop, Balam's response was "WE ARE EITHER GOING TO LYNCH ME TODAY, OR LYNCH FATE" with zero hesitation.

And you really think that the most likely theory is that Balam and me set up an elaborate jailkeeper fake claim, which I then refused to give while staying at lynch -1 under threat of hammer for 24 hours, and then that Balam blindly guessed that Fate was a vanilla townie with no role knowlege, and was so sure of that he was willing and eager to set up a 1v1 lynch situation with Fate?

That's a more probably theory then, say, the theory that Balam is telling the truth?

Point #4: Even after we breadcrumbed a doctor role at the end of the day yesterday, YosCayke supposedly blocked us anyway.

- That pretty much seals them being scum at this point. Scum YosCayke would block us so they could kill DaSpot without problems, but town YosCayke would not have reason to target us.

That was supposed to be a doctor breadcrumb? How the hell does that make any sense? This comment:

Matermate wrote:
YosFlavouredCayke, you are NOT to target DaSpot tonight. Balam, same thing. We trust DaSpot's claim more than either of your claims, since Copper has made valid points about the potential scum link between you two.

You ordered me to not protect Spot. Looked to me like you were trying to find out if I was going to target Spot, in order to figure out if you could kill him or not, and/or trying to stop me from targeting spot. That was one of the biggest scumtells I saw from your hydra yesterday.

Point #5: Balam only breadcrumbed YosCayke's roleclaim.

- I don't believe they are a rolecop at all, much less a town one. They claimed to have a result on FD, but didn't even breadcrumb it, even after taking all the trouble to breadcrumb YosCayke's.

Why would you breadcrumb a vanilla result? Now you're just being silly.

Come on, BalamCayke, I dare you to claim that our voting makes us scum because it risks giving the scum the win. Oldest excuse in the book.

Well, it does, in fact, demonstrate that you're scum, since if you were town the scum would be hammering me right now. It also looks like you and Incog planned to come into today lynching me.

Of course, the votes on Copper also prove that either Copper is scum, or that both Fonzi and FES are scum.

The scum list is getting narrower and narrower all the time.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”