...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Faraday »

Quilford wrote:vote me, bitchezzz

I'm not quite sure what to say; my reads remain the same

lurk more you fucking waste of space. it shouldn't be a good thing that i regret someone who would flip town being hammered.

Meow
Last edited by Neruz on Wed May 04, 2011 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:25 am

Post by Faraday »

And sure, Neuky. I'd be surprised if hiplop wasn't pullinghis scum reads from throwing darts at a dart board to a certain extent, there's a lot of contradictions in his stances, there's some inconsistencies in there, there's basically a lot of stuff that on the surface seems scummy, I think if he WAS scum he'd be more concerned about this, just a little bit. Inconsistency isn't a scumtell anyway, but a new player as scum it'd be something they'd try to avoid if possible. I think he's being relatively careless and sort of just posting on a whim?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

DarthYoshi wrote:
@TS: Why are you waiting to join the Lynch Hiplop party until Scott shows up?

my vote on scott was insurance to make sure he turned up and posted. No vote = No pressure = no post from scott
but now he's posted...
So yeah, Sloth's nice catch has put the final nail in the coffin for me
VOTE: Hiplop
Faraday wrote:I think he's being relatively careless and sort of just posting on a whim?

So i take it you think this is more of a newb-town tell than newb-scum?
either way, Hiplop will have to be lynched eventually, and I don't see why not now. He's a lylo hazard to say the least
Quilford wrote:I'm posting differently because I'm around different people.

?

How would you say that affects your play?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Zdenek »

Empking wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
At the time his vote was on Vi because of gut.

So?

Gut votes are weak because unless you are persistent, they are unlikely to persuade anyone else to follow you, and you weren't persistent.

Empking wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
Soon after, he placed Quilford at L-2, and that vote seems pretty opportunistic to me.

Why?

Because you'd ignored Quilford until after Sloth commented on the post that gave you your reason to vote.

Hiplop wrote:
Empking is definitely being scummy, though im not prepared to switch my vote from quilford yet, need a tad bit more convincing i suppose.

Why do you think he's scummy?

hiplop wrote:
also can you guys explain the suspicions on Empking?

Hiplop forgets why he thinks Empking's scum. Sloth got this too.

I 'm torn about this because I agree with Faraday that lack of consistency can be a town-tell, but at the same time, I think that not having to be consistent is something that scum would really benefit from not having to be and I think that it is harder for scum to be consistent, since they have to remember their lies. Given that Empking came under heavy suspicion around when Hiplop stated his scum read on him, I think there is pretty good reason to believe that it's not a genuine opinion.

I completely agree with Charter about Juls' ISO 2 and I am willing to follow Faraday on Charter today, so
Unvote

Taking a closer look at Darth Yoshi, in his ISO 1, he makes some fairly weak attacks on Neuky, commenting that Neuky's vote on Quilford in post 32 is "interesting" because Neuky was later defending Quilford and also attacks Neuky for "resorting to wifom to explain [himself]." However, all in all, I am null on him.

Darth, could you explain what Neuky's flip will tell us about Quilford?

I don't like Scott's attack on Faraday in 355. He completely misinterpreted why Faraday was inclined to believe the claim, and it feels like he is reaching for a reason to attack him. I also think that his reasons for suspecting Charter are a stretch considering that Charter explained the reasons for his unvote clearly.

Vote Scott
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 7:10 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Zd: Can you tell me why Faraday believed the claim?

Charter said because the day would end too quickly. Time has passed since then, and where is his vote. Nowhere.

And Quilford returns to the thread uselessly. Still love my vote. Honestly, I don't have a significant second scum read.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Zdenek »

Scott Brosius wrote:Zd: Can you tell me why Faraday believed the claim?

He expected that if Quilford was scum, that he would have angrily claimed being a power role after being run up to L-1.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Faraday »

twistedspoon wrote:either way, Hiplop will have to be lynched eventually, and I don't see why not now. He's a lylo hazard to say the least

You should show me games where you've displayed this thought process before, if you can.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Faraday »

also zdenek has the right of it, except I suppose I should clarify I DID think he was scum going to claim power.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by pappums rat »

I am happy with my vote on Empking. He is playing completely different than the way he did in Mini 1105 when he was town, he didn't ask meaningless questions every sentence and he actually proactively looked for scum. His play this game is entirely different and is awfully scummy, all he has done is defend himself.
confirm vote: Empking

Quilford isn't looking so good anymore, the observation someone made about him hiding from this thread right after he was wagoned to L-1 is spot on. Quilford, who are your top three scumreads? We have had 16 pages to come to conclusions, it shouldn't be that hard to come up with some reads.

Scott is looking better, although he was wrong in his description about Faraday's thoughts on Quilford. I dont think that was on purpose though, so Scott moves to null-leaning-town for now.

Sloth, Neuky, and Zdenek all look town to me.

Hiplop: why did you vote Empking in the first place? Why does he seem scummy to you?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Vi »

Empking 374 wrote:Who were you planning on changing your vote to?
His name starts with 'h' and ends in 'iplop'.

@Faraday 376 - The thing is, it's not the inconsistencies that look bad, it's the lack of information at all.

Teaspoon 377 wrote:either way, Hiplop will have to be lynched eventually, and I don't see why not now. He's a lylo hazard to say the least
Wait wait wait. I'm all for a hiplop lynch but not on policy grounds.
Is hiplop scum, or is hiplop useless?

Zdenek, come over to the Empking wagon. We're serving flounder, and it doesn't even talk back unless you poke it with a fork.

Scott - If you don't have a second scum read, do you have any Town reads?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Faraday »

god damn it I don't even know. he fooled the fuck out of me last time. but I REALLY don't think he's doing that here.
Sloth
Sloth
Goon
Sloth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Sloth »

Pappums, what's your read on Faraday?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 385 wrote:god damn it I don't even know. he fooled the fuck out of me last time. but I REALLY don't think he's doing that here.
I'll compromise by adding you to Zdenek's invitation to the sushi bar.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Faraday »

Empking ( 3 ) - pappums rat, Vi, Faraday

I fucking hate sushi though. Actually, lying, never tried it, just assume I'd hate it.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Vi wrote:Zdenek, come over to the Empking wagon. We're serving flounder, and it doesn't even talk back unless you poke it with a fork.

ROFLMAO. That is sig-worthy.

Sloth wrote:Pappums, what's your read on Faraday?

Town.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by pappums rat »

^^ California rolls destroy souls. You should try it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:Empking ( 3 ) - pappums rat, Vi, Faraday
:fail:

Faraday wrote:I fucking hate sushi though. Actually, lying, never tried it, just assume I'd hate it.
The stuff you can find in a university cafeteria is pretty good, if expensive and possibly not even sushi to begin with.

Anything that's even close to the wasabi is almost too hot for me, though.

---

pap-rat - Scott B. is null leaning
Town?
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by pappums rat »

^ Yes, I think his last several posts have seemed to come from someone with proper intentions.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

hiplop wrote:i didnt want to check back on the thread on my phone.. thats what i meant. I think quil is scum, the only other wagon is on me.. hence me staying on quil. I suppose i could switch to empking, but i think quils more likely scum

So you stayed on Quil's wagon because it was the only viable one, or because he's the scummiest? Which is it? BTW, that you apparently were keeping your vote there out of self-preservation still days prior to the deadline reeks of scum, and the contradiction is just an added bonus.

I thought Juls's one real post was pretty suspect. Lots of questions worded so as to draw out a suspicious response. They looked like they were asked so she could later say "aha!" rather than discern anyone's alignment. I thought this was scummy of her, but was waiting until I saw if that's what she did or what.
Don't like your comment on Looker's post, not anything close to what I was thinking about it.
Don't like how you said you think Neuky's flip would help us figure out Quil's alignment, especially since you didn't say 'if Neuky flips xxxx, I think that says xxxx about Quil'. Nothing to back that up. Not much of anything to back up your Neuky read.
Don't like your stance on me, though that doesn't mean much.
Don't think you're scumhunting.

1. Not going to try to explain the thought processes of my predecessor. I think if you were waiting on a scummy action from her and it never came, and you're weighing that on me, that's pretty lame.

2. I still don't get this one. Especially since Looker flaked.

3. Zdenek asked me about this as well, so I'll clarify now--it was Neuky's "random" vote of Quil, combined with him defending Quil to varying degrees in ISO posts 4, 8, and 10 that raised my eyebrows. If we were to have lynched Quil and he flipped scum, that would have solidified my scumread on Neuky.

4. Why?

@Zdenek: Neuky has slid off my scumdar for the most part. Haven't moved him to my list of town reads, he's just reading pretty null atm, compared to when I entered and saw him as null-maybe-scum. Also, why are you willing to follow Faraday's lead on Charter? Do you have reasons for your apparent townread on Charter independent of Faraday's input, and if so, what are they?

@Quilford: Updated suspect list from you, please. (Derp, TownPappum just asked for this. Let's hear from you more often, TownPappum.)

@Neuky: Same question.

@Vi: What's your current read on Scott?

Happy Scumday, Emp.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

That second quote block in my post is from charter. The bolded numbers were added by me. Herp a derp quote tag fail. Sorry, y'all.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi wrote:@Vi: What's your current read on Scott?
I'm undecided. His posts are bad, but they're blatant enough about it that I know
I
wouldn't do that as scum at least. Then again, I'm not a lot of people I know - Untrod Tripod-scum badposted his way through my most recent game, for instance. Pushing things scum-side is that his sig says that he's played over 20 games (most of them as Town), so it's not like he has no idea what he's doing.

I feel like there's something missing but I'm ADDing right now so etc.

Truthfully right now I'd rather lynch Empking and let Scott come out in the wash.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by hiplop »

DarthYoshi wrote:
hiplop wrote:i didnt want to check back on the thread on my phone.. thats what i meant. I think quil is scum, the only other wagon is on me.. hence me staying on quil. I suppose i could switch to empking, but i think quils more likely scum

So you stayed on Quil's wagon because it was the only viable one, or because he's the scummiest? Which is it? BTW, that you apparently were keeping your vote there out of self-preservation still days prior to the deadline reeks of scum, and the contradiction is just an added bonus.

people can have more than one thought, you know that right? Its for both. Hes the scummiest to me, and at that time he was the only other wagon besides myself.
third best scummer of all time
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Vi wrote:
Teaspoon 377 wrote:either way, Hiplop will have to be lynched eventually, and I don't see why not now. He's a lylo hazard to say the least
Wait wait wait. I'm all for a hiplop lynch but not on policy grounds.
Is hiplop scum, or is hiplop useless?

at the worst, scum
at the least, a LyLo hazard
both of which merit a lynch before LyLo at the very least. I highly doubt scum will kill hiplop if He's town, unless he is a strong, revealed PR :/

Faraday wrote:
twistedspoon wrote:either way, Hiplop will have to be lynched eventually, and I don't see why not now. He's a lylo hazard to say the least

You should show me games where you've displayed this thought process before, if you can.

tbh, I'm sure I have in a previous game, but I've no idea which. I don't remember each different thought process of mine during every game. Seems a tricky question for me to answer there compadré
I can respect your town read on hiplop, and you can expect my scum read on him, especially after the slip that slothy found
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Post by Quilford »

guys I am currently in the middle of exams; these dictate whether I keep my scholarship or not so excuuuuuuuse me if I'm not posting

You are excused, princess.
Last edited by Neruz on Thu May 05, 2011 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 12:14 am

Post by Empking »

pr: What do you mean by "all"?

hiplop is pretty obviously town. His reads look honest. DY's recent question on hiplop looks like reaching.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”