Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Equinox »

And so we convene for our first session of the Court of Illusions! I'm going to start off with a...

Vote: Nobody Special

...before he lurks into oblivion.

Preview: Bah!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Equinox »

Supah early reads: Gammagooey, Seraphim, and sottyrulez are probtown. On the other hand, Nicki Minaj is asking fluffy questions that I don't like.

WAGON TIME.

Unvote, Vote: Nicki Minaj
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Equinox »

Uh, actually, hold up, I mixed up allegiance and alignment. >_>

Nicki Minaj is probtown, then.

Unvote, Vote: quadz08

Preview: No. I'm just stupid.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Equinox »

sottyrulez wrote:Show your work plz

*points to the thread*

Seraphim doesn't look overeager to me, and the thing about the alignment shift earlier leads me to believe he's probably not scum. Gammagooey is displaying town thought process. Now that I know Nicki Minaj wasn't asking your allegiance (which would've been an actual fluff question), post 34 is town.

Faraday wrote:Oh come now. Everyone makes mistakes. That's a relief though.

Why'd you let me off the hook so fast there?

quadz08 wrote:Is this a serious vote?

I wonder. Is it?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Equinox »

Faraday wrote:No reason to believe you'd lie about the mix-up. Thus your vote is no longer scummy.

Unvote, Vote: Faraday
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Equinox »

quadz08, my friend, don't run away. It was just a vote!

Faraday, there wasn't a reason to suddenly take your hands off me there; I'm perfectly capable of doing something like that on purpose as scum.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Equinox »

Nicki Minaj wrote:Sotty, are you Troll himself? Your role name has no other descriptor?

Mind if I ask why this is of interest?

Faraday wrote:Seemed genuine to me.

*shrug*

Unvote, Vote: quadz08
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #60 (isolation #7) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Equinox »

quadz08 wrote:Farday and Equinox's quick vote-switches are bad. Equinox not answering my question makes it worse.

Plz to be explaining how quick vote switches benefit scum. And yeah, sometimes I don't reveal if my votes are serious or not, deal with it.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #67 (isolation #8) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Equinox »

quadz08 wrote:Speedy vote switches allow a player to pressure multiple players at once. Additionally, it causes confusion for the other players.

Pressuring multiple players at once is bad... how? I don't think it causes confusion; iso me and you can see where my votes are going when. I'm not accompanying each vote with a wall of logic, but I think you can see the thoughts behind each one, at least.

Yeah, bad argument is bad.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Equinox »

Oh, geez, this again?

Anyway... hitogoroshi, AlmasterGM does have a point. This is a silly power to give to scum; it's not like scum particularly benefit from double day.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Equinox »

Nicki Minaj wrote:He originally called himself Troll, not a High Priest/ess of Troll.

Eh. Do you think that, if sottyrulez's response had been different, there would have been significance?

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I wish I had a fun role with something to claim to make everyone think I'm obv-town, that or the WWF Title at least.

A rundown of why your vote is here or what you think of the past 4 pages would be pretty cool.

Hmm. Gonna have to digest AlmasterGM-hitogoroshi for a bit. I don't want to go through with a policy lynch here, though; this isn't MoCO. If mothrax is scum, he'll reveal himself and we'll deal with him then. Otherwise, if he's town, double day is pointless.

Preview: hxc?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Equinox »

Nicki Minaj wrote:Seriously, are you trying to give me a taste of my own medicine or something?

A little. I'm trying to get a grip on your thought process when you asked sottyrulez that question, since I felt the answer should have been pretty obvious. Fair enough, I suppose.

hitogoroshi, let me ask you something. Your vote on Nobody Special, do you still stand by it?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #99 (isolation #12) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Equinox wrote:

hitogoroshi, let me ask you something. Your vote on Nobody Special, do you still stand by it?

Scratch this question. Outdated spreadsheet is pretty outdated.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #161 (isolation #13) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Equinox »

Quote striping time.

AlmasterGM wrote:I didn't really read Court of the Gods, so that didn't factor in to my evaluation of NS. I played with him in another game or two and it was fine (Trader Mafia comes to mind). Mothrax, on the other hand, is 1) a douchebag 2) had shit reads and 3) posts really short and uninformative posts. He is a fine policy lynch, given the playerlist.

Question: I remember you said you read 30-40 pages of it before you got lynched. Is this true?

AlmasterGM's pushing of this lynch despite getting pressure for it and having an exit to take is townish. Not going to use that ability, however, since I like mothrax right now.

Not sure how to take hitogoroshi's attacks on AlmasterGM, probably because I somewhat agree that mothrax is a weird choice when there's Katsuki and Nobody Special (with due apologies to you two), and that's coloring my read. I want to see hitogoroshi fan the umbrella a bit more and talk about more people, though.

VasudeVa wrote:Well this is easy.

[...]

I'll probably be voting for quadz after we're done with mothrax.

Unvote, Vote: VasudeVa

Okay, so VasudeVa drops the vote on mothrax and... doesn't do much else. I like my vote right here.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Please explain who scum would not benefit from a free mislynch if Mothrax is Town. I’m dying to know. Because AGM hasn’t claimed anything that gives him insight into Mothrax’s alignment as his choice.

Wasn't thinking about free mislynch as much as, "Longer day but no night phase in between to do evil things." My impression is that longer days with a flip aren't in scum's favor. Nicki Minaj has a point in that Vi would probably play with abilities and allegiances, but I still think AlmasterGM is townish for his reactions.

VasudeVa wrote:Do you honestly believe that we shouldn't be getting rid of mothrax, the guy who never voted for scum and was on all Town mislynches?

You do realize that applies to a sizeable portion of the town in MoCO, right?

Also, this
isn't
a Night 0 vig, so don't say that it is.

All right, instead of talking about why mothrax is such a good policy lynch, how about we talk about the players in the last 6 pages? After all, lynching scum > policy lynching, any day.

Magua wrote:Chances are high that mothrax will be lynched today.

What?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #167 (isolation #14) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Equinox »

Eh, fair point about the consent, but that's semantics.

Magua wrote:Absolutely nothing is stopping you from doing this. Seeing as there's only one vote that I can see on mothrax at the moment, this reads as fantastically defensive. *You're* the one drawing the topic back to Almaster/mothrax.

Except I have been doing this, and my concern was that VasudeVa hasn't; instead, he opted to drop a vote on mothrax, drop a couple of lines about quadz08 and hitogoroshi, and then... that's it. I didn't like him going for a policy lynch but not doing anything in the meantime.

I don't think I'm pulling it back to AlmasterGM/mothrax. First half of the post was a read on AlmasterGM and hitogoroshi, then I had to respond to MagnaofIllusion and VasudeVa. I'm not commenting on others either because I have town reads and don't feel like revealing them or because I'm in "wait and see" mode.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #181 (isolation #15) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Equinox »

Magua wrote:@Equinox: Your opinion on Parama, please.

Scales haven't tipped yet. The unvote, vote thing in his post, I don't think points to his alignment either way, and the post didn't feel forced to me. Not sure how to take his anger, though; I'll just see how you and Parama fight it out because now I'm out the door.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #289 (isolation #16) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Equinox »

Parama wrote:p.s. setup speculation is a waste of time and that's a fact

Not in this game, it isn't. Negative points for you, sir.

Also, Parama, I was calling you a null read. There were no implications in my post apart from "I'll get to you two later." Besides, I don't think that's what Magua was asking me to do. Thanks for using me as your defense, though.

Someone needs to explain to me their town reads on Parama.

Katsuki, why do you even join games at all?

Need to reread VasudeVa. Actually, crap, I need to reread a lot of people; gonna just run through this thread in one go.

singersigner wrote:OMG, Equinox+quadz duo? Blatant buddying ftw!

You're not reading too well if you thought I was buddying quadz08 in any way, shape, or form. I was summoning him to the thread.

singersigner wrote:Right now, my read on him is scum, but I'd like to see him incriminate himself more, considering he'll lend well to finding his partners.

If your read of quadz08 was scum, why is your vote not there? You can "read [him] like a book," right? Why would you go back to your policy lynch of Nobody Special?

Okay, I'm starting to rage a little at how hard it is to read some of you people. I'm looking at Katsuki, Nobody Special, Parama, Plum, and VasudeVa.

Oh, wow, I got ninja'd by VP Baltar asking the same question. Now I don't look so awesome. Booooo.

OKAY. REREAD TIMES. (Apologies if this stream-of-consciousness makes no sense at all.)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #316 (isolation #17) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by Equinox »

Katsuki wrote:For some strange reason these two statements don't mesh together too well for me.

The list also is a flexible pool of players that Equinox can go back to later to call either scum or town at her leisure.

If you join a large game and then proceed to whine when it hits 2-3 pages that there are "too many walls" for you to read, I have the right to complain.

I can go back later and call anyone, regardless of whether or not they are on my rage list, either scum or town at my own leisure. That's not scummy; in fact, it's called "scum hunting." You know.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #318 (isolation #18) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Equinox »

Oh, wow, it's totally scummy to say I need to reread some players.

I've got nothing further to say to you if that's seriously how you think.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #355 (isolation #19) » Fri May 06, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Equinox »

Prod: RayFrost

This guy has been around the past couple of days.

To catch up before I
really
catch up...

Nicki Minaj, Duplicity's case on VP Baltar was spontaneous. How is that distancing?

Oh, boy, a dayvig.

Nobody Special is probtown.

singersigner wrote:Post 318 Ok, Equinox has seriously dropped off the face of town reads. "zomgz you're dumb so I can't work with you, boo"

I don't suffer fools lightly, singersigner, regardless of my alignment. Though you should probably start telling me how post 310 was good in any way because I thought that was a pretty stupid point.

singersigner wrote:1. Equinox, I did not read that as you calling him back to the thread...it read very much as "don't you disappear on me because that looks bad, blahblahblah"

...yet you called this "buddying"? Cool.

Despite the hate I'm slinging at singersigner, she's probably town. (OMG EQUI IS BUDDYING UP TO PEOPLE WAAAAH.)

Duplicity wrote:
Equinox:
Although it's a weak tell, the fact he has a spreadsheet he's keeping updated reads as a town-tell as does his attempt at scumhunting.

Pro-tip: I have done that for all of my games. I do it as scum, too.

Parama wrote:Oh look, Magua's pulling a lame fakevig gambit. And he's still scum. W/e.

:|

Yeah, okay, now I'm rereading for reals. And then changing my reads on people on a whim, yeeeeeaaaahhh.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #388 (isolation #20) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Equinox »

Oh, hey, hitogoroshi, while you're still here:

hitogoroshi wrote:It wastes a neighborize if you're targeted. I just feel like if I had a "can't be neighborized" in my role I'd claim it first post, y'know?

Did you find their failure to mention this aspect to be scummy?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #391 (isolation #21) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Equinox »

Hmm... Eh. Okay.

Also, sottyrulez:

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3017542#p3017542]189[/url], hitogoroshi wrote:
Sotty wrote:Hito, would you neighborize a claimed Miller?

Sure. Why wouldn't I?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #392 (isolation #22) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Equinox »

Oh, wait, scratch that quote. I misread post 389. :doom:
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #418 (isolation #23) » Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Equinox »

This thread, it actually ends! :eek:

I would probably get murdered in a very bad way if I posted my notes, so you can have a tl;dr instead. In order of decreasing strength:

Town - Gammagooey, Magua, Nicki Minaj, sottyrulez, Faraday, mothrax, Seraphim*, singersigner, AlmasterGM, Katsuki, Nobody Special*
Null - MagnaofIllusion, Debonair Danny DiPietro, ooba, Plum*, VasudeVa, hitogoroshi, VP Baltar, Duplicity
Scum - quadz08,
Parama

Not pictured - RayFrost

The asterisks mean extra notes:

• Seraphim promised a reread, and I expect Seraphim to deliver on this or post more.
  • Nobody Special having any activity at all is a slight town tell. What I want to see from him, however, are more stances.
  • Plum is a solid null because, seriously, I wasn't going to read huge blocks of text when I was facing a 15-page (now 17) thread. Going to do an iso later.
  • Parama is crossed out due to Magua's vig shot. He's here with an asterisk because I hate the stuff he's posted and his reaction to Magua's action, but the people saying he's somehow meeting town meta are confounding me, so he's on my to-meta list. Obviously, I'm waiting until after Vi posts before doing so; there are other people in line, and I've already blown about 6 hours here and need a break.

Speaking of the line, I'm rereading or metagaming Plum (iso, Day 1 game), quadz08 (town game), VasudeVa (town game), Parama, Nobody Special (scum game), and Duplicity (iso). I will also have to read the setup speculation posts in one go, since I have been skipping those in favor of focusing on other content.

Now you're probably sitting there thinking, "That scum list is really unimpressive." Indeed, it is. I have nothing to say to that.

quadz08 has a nice, fat wagon on him already, and he needs to post. I am therefore going to pursue a different avenue.

...or I was, until I realized I'd misread a post of Duplicity's. DUN DUN DUN. Sigh. I'm actually totally pooped right now after spending 6 hours on this thread, so I'm going to be lazy and throw Duplicity from the scum list to the null and to-read lists until I get untired, which will probably happen in a couple of hours.

Unvote
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #422 (isolation #24) » Fri May 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Equinox »

So you're banking everything on Magua's daykill being fake, even though at least over half the game disagrees with your read of Magua? Uh... yeah. :?

Faraday wrote:Can you elaborate on singer town?

singersigner's laid bare her thought processes as she's reading the thread, and I'm getting an earnest tone from her posting. Her clarification for why she didn't immediately vote quadz08 is pretty much fair, as well.

singersigner wrote:"oh not he's clearly not scummy because of this reason that at least two people have already stated."

Eh? I was under the impression that all hitogoroshi was saying was that AlmasterGM wasn't lying.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #426 (isolation #25) » Fri May 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Equinox »

Eh. The impression I got from the posts following was that it was real. I guess I'll have egg on my face really soon if what Gammagooey and you are saying is true. :oops:

singersigner wrote:Yes...but note the hustle and bustle around page 5/6 or so where hito was basically looking for any and every flaw in AGM's logic, when the whole 1:1 thing should've been pretty obvious, imo.

I've got something to say to this, but I'd like hitogoroshi to respond first.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #616 (isolation #26) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Holy crap. Did you guys throw a huge party or something?

Uh, yeah, I'm just putting this here to see how long it takes for me to read however many pages it is that I need to catch up and then do all that stuff I said I would. Hold me accountable, please. I don't want to get lazy halfway again and then leave for a whole day because that just kills my motivation.

I'm gonna pull an all-nighter for this, wooooo.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #643 (isolation #27) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Equinox »

RayFrost wrote:THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GAME-RELATION OF THAT PM TO THIS GAME, MAKING THE QUESTIONS, ANALYSIS AND/OR READS BASED OFF OF ITS EXISTENCE STUPID AND UNRELIABLE. FURTHER USE OF THE PM IN QUESTION FOR THIS PURPOSE WILL LEAD TO A SCUM READ.

Seeing as you have the biggest culprits of this in your town lists, I take it you don't have a problem with people using it in the last 26 pages?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #682 (isolation #28) » Wed May 11, 2011 3:34 am

Post by Equinox »

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2352 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Equinox »

Good game, all. This was fun to observe. Faraday played this very well, so kudos to him.

I'm pretty happy with my play in this game, I think. I'm a little miffed that I listened to Faraday and temporarily dropped Parama off my scum reads toward the end of the day, but bagging two scum on my own (3 if you count hitogoroshi post-death) is something I haven't done in a while, so I feel good about that.

Faraday wrote:duplicity vigging equinox makes me sad. so so so so sad.

Why are
you
complaining? You practically threw a party upon finding out that I died!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”