sAbLLimINal
sAbLLimINal
Townie
sAbLLimINal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by sAbLLimINal »

There's no rule saying that gambits are not allowed, just use your judgement.

I claim that I'm a woman (oops I just lied so should I be lynched?)
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by C-Worl »

^Yes?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
th3kuzinator
th3kuzinator
Townie
th3kuzinator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by th3kuzinator »

My site champions the "townies never lie" type schpiel (obviously not the trivial stuff). I know its not against the rules was just curious if it was common practice around here or not.

I more or less understand it now.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by C-Worl »

I'm starting to feel better about that joke vote. Best way to learn our policies is to just play on here long enough. Right now you're just adding fluff and trying to figure out the status quo here so that you can use it to look town later.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
th3kuzinator
th3kuzinator
Townie
th3kuzinator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by th3kuzinator »

Oh really? That's cute that you are trying to look pro-town by telling me that I should learn from playing on here long enough. Ill get back to you on that when I finish my first game on here.

It also amuses me that you are accusing me of fluff considering your 22 is about as devoid of content as it comes. You didn't need to tell me your personal history nor do you need to inform me of the skill level required, but you did anyway. As for the last bit, please continue guessing at the intent behind my posts. You're really making headway.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by C-Worl »

And there we go. Someone announces serious suspicion of you and suddenly you become GIJoe. U mad brah? Yah u mad. 1 Scum caught. Now who are your mates?
Show

th3kuzinator
th3kuzinator
Townie
th3kuzinator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by th3kuzinator »

And there we go. Some new guy responds to his posts in a mildly-aggressive tone and suddenly I'm GIJoe.

Way to dodge the actual meat of my response.

Tis cool though. I'll just wait to see who comes to chainsaw you.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

This C-Worl/th3kuzinator interaction feels contrived. I'm liking my vote.

th3kuzinator:
Out of curiosity, which site?
th3kuzinator
th3kuzinator
Townie
th3kuzinator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by th3kuzinator »

Smashboards.

SSBF Ranmaru Adumbrodeus and July I think are on here somewhere.
th3kuzinator
th3kuzinator
Townie
th3kuzinator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by th3kuzinator »

Call me Kuz btw. The nickname I've grown used to.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by C-Worl »

th3kuzinator wrote:And there we go. Some new guy responds to his posts in a mildly-aggressive tone and suddenly I'm GIJoe.

Way to dodge the actual meat of my response.

Tis cool though. I'll just wait to see who comes to chainsaw you.

The meat of your response was basically you saying, "I'm like rubber you're like glue..." etc.
Show

th3kuzinator
th3kuzinator
Townie
th3kuzinator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by th3kuzinator »

It bounces off me and it sticks to you! Man I'm so good at finishing idioms.

However, I wasn't just baselessly throwing the accusation back at you. I am asking why you felt the need to give me general mafia advice in your 22 and then subsequently call me out for fluffing.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by C-Worl »

You asked a question in 19. I answered it. I was unaware that you would continue to post meaningless fluff. As you did in 23 and 27. You asked a meaningless question, we answered it, and you kept on talking about a meaningless subject. Also, announcing that you're new to the site in your first post is something that I personally frown upon anyway but I was gonna let it slide until you started constantly throwing it into people's face by asking said meaningless questions and then trying to side step my point by saying "Some new guy..." blah blah. So yeah, who are your mates?
Show

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Vote: SaBlLiminAL

Annoyingly capped name.

2nd place for name annoyance = th3kuzinator
Don't ask me to provide self meta
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by iamausername »

sAbLLimINal wrote:Who hasn't received a vote yet?

VOTE: EmpTyger

Good, my vote is in the right place.

C-Worl wrote:who are your mates?

C-Worl is my strongest town read at this time.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

If you're new, be sure to read the rules in the first post - they may not be what you are used to. Also, don't gambit unless you have a really, really good reason.

Sab's 17 is rather horrible. Throwing role WIFOM into the pot to defend against a mostly random vote is unnecessary, and his reason for voting is actively bad.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by C-Worl »

I agree with FtF's point against Sab. (even though I over looked it as part of the RVS the first time around) Thanks for pointing it out.

@IAAUN, any particular reason for that town read. I won't argue it (since I am town) I'm just curious what warranted it.
Show

th3kuzinator
th3kuzinator
Townie
th3kuzinator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 1:56 am

Post by th3kuzinator »

C-Worl wrote:You asked a question in 19. I answered it. I was unaware that you would continue to post meaningless fluff. As you did in 23 and 27. You asked a meaningless question, we answered it, and you kept on talking about a meaningless subject. Also, announcing that you're new to the site in your first post is something that I personally frown upon anyway but I was gonna let it slide until you started constantly throwing it into people's face by asking said meaningless questions and then trying to side step my point by saying "Some new guy..." blah blah. So yeah, who are your mates?

I don't expect to be treated any differently as a newbie and get any compensation for being new. If there are any site specific views or abbreviations I don't know, however, I will ask about them. I wanted to get it out of the way in the beginning of the game and I only "threw it back in your face" when you assumed malicious intent behind the question.

ThAdmiral wrote:Vote: SaBlLiminAL

Annoyingly capped name.

2nd place for name annoyance = th3kuzinator

Discussion was moving in a different direction. Why did you feel the need to place an RVS vote?

FtF wrote:If you're new, be sure to read the rules in the first post - they may not be what you are used to. Also, don't gambit unless you have a really, really good reason.

This was more along the response I was expecting. I have read the rules. Most of it is standard except the deadlines being so long.

WRT IIAUS: I find it weird he had to specifically note that he was not claiming Doc/Cop.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 am

Post by iamausername »

C-Worl wrote:@IAAUN, any particular reason for that town read. I won't argue it (since I am town) I'm just curious what warranted it.

Let me answer your question with a question. How many players are there in this game?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
sAbLLimINal
sAbLLimINal
Townie
sAbLLimINal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:32 am

Post by sAbLLimINal »

I'm starting to feel better about that joke vote. Best way to learn our policies is to just play on here long enough. Right now you're just adding fluff and trying to figure out the status quo here so that you can use it to look town later.

It can be applied to both sides - town trying to figure out how to look town, scum trying to figure out how to look town. I'm not sure I agree with EmpTyger that the interaction feels contrived, because that ^ post was what initiated the argument, and all C-Worl is trying to do is appeal to emotion.

U mad brah? Yah u mad. 1 Scum caught. Now who are your mates?

Good, my vote is in the right place.

Explanation?

Sab's 17 is rather horrible. Throwing role WIFOM into the pot to defend against a mostly random vote is unnecessary, and his reason for voting is actively bad.

I knew it was a random vote, but I was just trying to make a statement. My vote was random, and it was justified when EmpTyger didn't mention about it.

WRT IIAUS: I find it weird he had to specifically note that he was not claiming Doc/Cop.

I thought that some people would interpret that post as me claiming I was doc/cop, hence why I made that note.
UNVOTE:
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Beefster »

It doesn't take long after your standard meeting to talk about the issue at hand: Who is in the mafia? A few accusations are flung around between C-Wori and Kuz, all while the other councilmen sit back and watch.

A third of the councilmen give the Russian immigrant a funny look.

Votecount 1.1

sAbLLimINal (3) - iamausername, FishytheFish, ThAdmiral

th3kuzinator (2) - C-Wori, EmpTyger
Rhinox (1) - C-Worl
iamausername (1) - Mitsuru Kijiro
C-Worl (1) - th3kuzinator

Not Voting
- sAbLLimINal

With 9 players alive, it takes
to lynch.

How does everyone feel about abreviated names in vote counts? sAb here makes my job rather difficult...
Last edited by Beefster on Sat May 07, 2011 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
sAbLLimINal
sAbLLimINal
Townie
sAbLLimINal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 10:19 am

Post by sAbLLimINal »

Yeah that's fine with me. It's not the end of the world if you forgot to capitalize a letter.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 10:31 am

Post by C-Worl »

sAbLLimINal wrote:all C-Worl is trying to do is appeal to emotion.

Where did I try to AtE?

iamausername wrote:How many players are there in this game?

9, how does that answer my question?
Show

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Fishythefish »

sAbLLimINal wrote:I knew it was a random vote, but I was just trying to make a statement. My vote was random, and it was justified when EmpTyger didn't mention about it.

What I find weird is that you brought the possibility of you being a PR up - not something any townie wants to do (regardless of role), for a really throwaway reason. It doesn't seem natural.

How did Emp not mentioning your vote justify it?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

I call C-W's posting "contrived".
iama says he has a townread on C-W.
So which read does C-W ask about, and which does he ignore?
I still like my theory.   

iama:
I want to hear more about this town read too. 1 day later, C-W/Kuz still feels just as contrived.

sAb:
Fishy beat me to it. What do you mean by "justified"?

Re lying:
A slight addendum to what Fishy said:
don't gambit unless you have a really, really good reason
and you accept that your lie will probably be discovered and you will probably be lynched

All this talk about "town gambits" overlooks that there's another alignment which can gambit. Because mafia gets far more out of lying than town does.  

(Or to put it simply: if you have to ask, the answer is, "don't").

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”