Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Vote Count #3.4:
Day Three

farside22
(3) Quilford, Maxous, Twistedspoon
Maxous
(1): Locke Lamora
Twistedspoon
(0):
Duplicity
(0):
Locke Lamora
(0):
Quilford
(0):
Prosaurus
(0):
Rhinox
(0):

No Lynch
(0):

Not Voting
(4): Prosaurus, Duplicity, farside22, Rhinox
V/LA
(0):
Prodding:
(0):

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Deadline
for Day 3 is
9:00 PM EST 05/16/11.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Maxous wrote:@TS: Why do you think Farside is mafia?

Primarily because of NE's flip

Farside kept saying NE was scummy but never voted him. Even tried to protect him D2.
Mafia insurance that reads to myself
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Farside's approach to NE:

ISO 15 - Asks Ender why he singles out NE for lurking. Null here, could be town wondering about treating players differently, could be scum trying to tie Ender to NE.

ISO 22 - Questions NE about voting based on 'thin reasoning' because lots of other people have been doing it. I find this one scummy. You don't stop scumhunting just because several people are doing the same scummy thing. Also says she doesn't like NE's case; doesn't state whether she thinks this is scummy or not.

ISO 23 - asks NE about his switch to Ender and asks why he is scummier than Oso. Again lacks any strong scum/town lean.

ISO 28 - some ISOs here. It gets a little confusing with the Me=Weird ISO. Farside states she agrees with his points on NE, but then seems to indicate that the main point she agrees with is a stretch, THEN she says she thinks she has found a town-tell on M=W:

Farside wrote:
I like your points on NE especially this:
First, he says he thinks the votes on ender are "ridiculous", but later on(when there's a wagon) he votes ender for including possibilities of javert being town, which as I have said multiple times, even though there are more possibilities of him being town, doesn't mean he is. The one where he's scum could still be more probable.

There is some back and forth between NE and MW that I need to read NE before I decide on a few things here:

And I see that the point is a stretch at best as the only thing NE stated was during the rVS stage here:

here
I found something in MW that I believe means he is town. I'm going to hold this one close to the chest.

Following this there's an admission that she has a 'meh read' on NE. Seems to focus on him providing reasons: good for EA, bad for his other suspects. Again not a lot of follow-through here; from the tone I'd guess that Farside is reading NE on the scummy side, but there's an odd lack of thrust. This is also evident in the M=W questioning above; this may just be because of the way Farside's putting the post together; it looks like she's reading and commenting as she goes, so there's some disconnection in her thinking which doesn't read right.

ISO 48: near deadline, Farside takes a look at the 3 main wagons. I'll quote all of this because it's useful to note how she decided on her vote:

farside22 wrote:I'm reevaluating the main 3 that people are talking about.

Oso - I would not lynch Oso. Although I found EA's point interesting it does not outway the scum hunting, questioning and POV's that oso has displayed today. He's evulated many people in the game and brought up cases that ring town to me.

NE: I don't care much for NE's reason's for finding MW scummy. Their weak tells (on is a stregth at best). He has found TS scummy most of the game and he defended his reasoning for his vote on ender well. However I see no strong scum reads coming from him.
MW - I have many issues with MW recently. He has called Oso town most of the day but when EA brings up a point he states the follow:

Me=Weird wrote:Maxous, can you please consolidate why you think I'm scum into one post. Thanks.
I can see Oso as an alternate lynch, seeing as how EA made a good point about believing the claims and still suspecting them.

He also barely mentions Klaz all day but has no problem jumping on the BW here:

Me=Weird wrote:Hm. I don't entirely approve of the ender kill.
Post #244: Klazam attacked me and prosaurus for "role-fishing". Scum often look for townies doing common "scumtells" that are so widely known, scum don't actually do anymore. And thus useless as scum-tells.
This, combined with not providing much reasoning for his votes, lots of short, content sparse posts and scum vibes, makes me think he's scum. He seems like the most likely of my scumspects to get lynched, and I don't like wasting my vote, so
Unvote, Vote: Klazam

Also he made a case on NE here but NE never stated it was rediculous and when he had stated something about Ender it was during the RVS discussion.
Finally he is attack on Pro looks scummy as I feel Pro is newb asking question and trying to figure things out but he spins it more into something scummy.

vote: Me=Weird

In short I find MW and NE scummy for different reasons. I find MW's post more scummy as I see him pushing on easy lynches and following BW without much reason.

I detect a difference in tone between the NE and M=W sections of this post. There's a lot more attacking thrust towards M=W's slot. She states some negative points against NE, but they are very much diminished in contrast to M=W's vote on Klazam, and by slotting in her conclusion on NE in with M=W, she makes her points against NE read very much as null while M=W is super-scummy, even though two of the stated problems with NE's play (weak reasoning and lack of strong scumreads) are on a par with most of what she brings up against M=W. This is reminiscent of several of her other posts relating to NE in the game: potentially negative connotations but without the accompanying aggression I'd expect from Farside on a scumread. This also makes Farside's mystery towntell on M=W look very dubious.

ISO 54: Farside votes NE after TS's guilty.

ISO 55: Farside does an about-turn and spots a 'slip' from TS. I can see this going either way. TS's reaction is pretty dubious for someone who definitely has a guilty. The choice of language ('I think') is indicative of caution and I can see why Farside-town, who suspected TS after his D1 claim, would be all over this. On the flip side, the instant vote for NE and then the change in direction once TS says something suspect could definitely be scum who thought they had to bus their partner until they saw a good opportunity to make TS look scummy.

ISO 67: This one is interesting because Farside has suggested TS and NE are scum together and this is a gambit. The timing of this is key - NE is definitely looking like the lynch at this stage, and sure enough, the very next post NE hammers. The reason I find this scummy is that Farside has been very sure of TS-scum since his 'slip', but when the lynch turns back towards NE, she throws out this little bit of doubt and starts sounding a lot more confused than she did. I can empathise with the confusion, but the timing is scummy.

Summary: Farside's attitude to NE seems somewhat non-committal and similarly uncritical to Maxous. The reasons behind the choice of M=W over NE are probably the scummiest point for me; in that post it really feels like she's trumping up the case against M=W to justify the vote, whilst downplaying NE's scumminess to imply that M=W is the obvious choice. I do see the aggressive scumhunting I'd expect from Farside on other slots, and potentially she has just been unfortunate in her reads (e.g. her suspicion of Klazam is entirely justified based on his play, only to be shot down by Juls' mason claim), but the timing of certain posts and the difference in attitude towards NE and other players puts her as a likely NE buddy for me. I still have Maxous ahead, because there's just no evidence of him even considering NE as scum, even in situations where he should be, whereas Farside does make enquiries and probe at NE in a manner that suggests she could be trying to figure out alignment; there's just not quite the follow-through I'd expect, which is what makes me doubt the authenticity.

One thing I really do want to know:

Farside: what was your town-tell on M=W on D1, and what happened to it?

And on that note, I'm going to be V/LA for a week from tomorrow as I'm on holiday, so I won't be online at all during that time. I'll check back in a few hours to see if there are any responses and decide where to put my vote.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 3:34 am

Post by farside22 »

LL wrote:Farside: what was your town-tell on M=W on D1, and what happened to it?

I thought MW was soft claiming a PR in one of his comments. It was how he answered and he said to Klaz here

It was why I ignored most of what was said about MW. Then as it was clear 3 people were up and the day was close to an end I reevaluated MW.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Rhinox »

Well I didn't get caught up on the weekend like I'd hoped, but I'm working on it now. first thing I did was look back at Javert to see if he may have been killed for being on the right track.

Javert suspicions:
D1: Mostly ender, M=W, and TS. He did FOS farside once, but didn't dwell a lot on it..
D2: Only expressed suspicion of TS.

Hrmph... This wasn't as helpful as I'd hoped. Javert wasn't on the right track unless he was right about either TS or farside. I also went back and looked at quilford - iso #12 was the post that made it clear IMO that quilford would be going after farside today after a NE-scum flip. Thats why were farside actually scum, I'd have expected confirmed town quilford to be killed before maybe sorta confirmed town javert. But javert also suspected farside a bit, so... I'm going to have to reconsider my theory. If farside can be scum, then EA/Locke is also back on the table.

You guys have said a lot about maxous, but I need to take a look for myself. Also, prosaurus and duplicity. I'll get back to you. Thought this game was in the bag as long as Javert's iso didn't show what it does. Now I have to rethink.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

Questions to Rhinox:

What changed your mind from this post

Rhinox wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:I'm just slightly reluctant though. We've already outed 2 PRs today. I don't want a 3rd claim unless you guys think It's absolutely necessary that I do

Then I shall willingly do so

lol. I don't care what your claim is now. This post is scummy as hell. You're scum and I want you lynched regardless of your claim.

and this thought

Rhinox wrote:ugh, I need to reread and figure out who my suspects are. Someone asked for a top 3, I don't have that right now. I'm not going to just throw names out as suspects without good reasons.

I was REALLY hoping Javert was gambiting, and we'd have an alive, confirmed town ender right now based on his reaction to being fake day-killed. As it stands, unless all of our PRs are now outed and scum have a RB and a GF, I'm suspicious of 2 1-shot cops in addition to a day vig. Think about it, if they aren't forced to claim D1, typical scenario would be they could claim results tomorrow, and they'd be 4 confirmed town. If the day vig is also town, they could take out a guilty result on D2, or the scummiest player without ending the day and progressing to night. That seems like a lot of power and a lot of cleared players potentially by day 2.

To day 2 believe TS and pushing for NE?

Maxous: I just reread TS in iso. I would like you to explain why or what about him you read as town as I don't see it.

I believe TS is scummy. I reread, and reread and I thought about it.
Here is my conclusion

Twistedspoon - 1 shot cop - comes off very scummy. His vote on NE originally was
Twistedspoon wrote:indeed, NE has gone under the radar for too long

I'm fine with this wagon. My vote on Javert is utterly redundant anyways now that his wagon is gone and he's claimed :/

VOTE: NE

When questioned about his vote:

Twistedspoon wrote:
Maxous wrote:@TS: Again..why did you vote Neccessary Evil? Why is he mafia?

well it was mostly a pressure vote. Saying so would kinda defeat the purpose of it though. That and I haven't seen to much towness from him

After with some questions but no real push he states the following

Twistedspoon wrote:I am convinced by the breadcrumb
Oso is still a null read to me though

NE is already my vote, so I'm cool with keeping it on him (for now at least)

I was slightly surprised when you claimed masons though. I had (wrongly)assumed all PRs were 1-shot by now :/

Twistedspoon wrote:prosaurus and Oso are wildcards for me today. I'll give them a pass
The masons are forever unlynchable until proven otherwise
Javert gets a pass for the unlikelihood of a scum day vig in a mini normal. However I want to see him post again
NE and MW are the only remainders that i don't have town reads on. I'll live with one of their lynches today. I might later switch to him if his lynch becomes more feasible, but I'll stick with NE for the timebeing

None of this = a case. I never see a reason from TS on why he found NE scum. Rereading him I'm starting to believe scum bussing his scum buddy for town credit more and more.

vote: Twistedspoon

I believe looking at Maxous/Rhinox one of them to be scum with TS.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Duplicity »

I've been following the thread and I still think the scum are Maxous+TS. G seems to be much stronger in the Maxous read than the G one at the moment.

Vote: Maxous
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Still here... Still dunno what to say.
Anyone got questions to ask me, or something they want my opinion on?
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by farside22 »

Prosaurus wrote:Still here... Still dunno what to say.
Anyone got questions to ask me, or something they want my opinion on?

Who do you find the scummiest and why?
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

@FS You, PoE, and other have pointed out scummy things you've been doing.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

explain your PoE

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

@Farside: originally it was just a pressure vote on NE, but his reaction to it confirmed my suspicions more to myself. Then I let my investigation do the talking

~Screwtape
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 9:31 am

Post by farside22 »

Twistedspoon wrote:@Farside: originally it was just a pressure vote on NE, but his reaction to it confirmed my suspicions more to myself. Then I let my investigation do the talking

What reaction? I mean really nothing you said pointed to a reason. It was like oh I like my vote just fine.
Then day 2 low and behold you have a guilty read on someone you barely had a case on. I find that fishy.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

case on or not, i suspected NE

was it justified. That's debatable to you guys, but I suspected him, hence my vote, and I investigated him

NE was sccum

those are the facts, now it's up to us to piece together the puzzle

~Screwtape
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Quilford - What's your thoughts on TS+Maxous
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

So I did some meta research on TS because I find his play the most scummy. I had to wonder if he was a VI or scum.
I noticed in his early games, which to say the least fit confusion and some seriously bad plays to later as he has played games he made cases and looked into things. So I don't believe TS is a VI reading his games.
TS: Please explain why you never made a case against NE, when I see clearly in your later games that you have made cases on people, prodded people and made points that a severely lacking in this game.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

@TS

farside22

Maxous
Not as scummy.
Twistedspoon
Started NE wagon.
Duplicity
Null, not as scummy as FS
Locke Lamora
On NE wagon.
Quilford
Confirmed.
Prosaurus
That's me.
Rhinox
NE wagon.

I'd rather you asked my opinions on certain posts, or that kind of thing. You'll probably get a better response.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

so you think all of the scum will be off the NE wagon?

@farside: give me a sec

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

I can't believe I have to make a case on a player who's already been lynched ¬_¬

can't we just say I suspected him on gut, lurking or PoE?

It didn't matter to me ehy I suspected him when I submitted my investigation, but the fact that I did suspect him

~Screwtape
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Twisted, if you think Farside is scum, who do you think her partner is?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by Quilford »

There's no way we have TSscum
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Quilford wrote:There's no way we have TSscum

Explain.

While you're at it state your thoughts on Maxous.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Duplicity wrote:Twisted, if you think Farside is scum, who do you think her partner is?

I'm not sure

I was hoping the NE iso would help, but he seems rather distant from everyone

we can cross the partner bridge when we get to it

also, do you want my thoughts on maxous too?

~Screwtape
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Twistedspoon wrote:also, do you want my thoughts on maxous too?

Sure.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Twistedspoon wrote:so you think all of the scum will be off the NE wagon?

Most likely, do note I included Max, as he was the L-1 of Ne's wagon, therefore there's a chance he may have been scum. The thing is, maybe the last two people to vote NE might have been scum hinting NE should self hammer (Or something similar).

Fixed Quote Tags.
Last edited by neil1113 on Wed May 11, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”