Open 304 - Hard Boiled, Game Over. Was DY's Dystopia saved?

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 11:01 am

Post by don_johnson »

vote: nameloc1986

how's that?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

don_johnson wrote:i like the rc vote. but nameloc should go first.

toffee: not a whole lot of substance or "case" behind my suspicion of nameloc, but i'll try to flesh it out later. he just reads like maneuvering scum. rc is really making soft votes as if he's keeping a way to avoid accountablity.

I'm getting the exact same vibe from nameloc.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

just add a rule that if you interpret it as a vote it counts as a vote/penalty for fake breaking a rule is same as breaking it etc etc
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

@ Red

1 - Do I prefer to be voting for nobody? At this point, I am very comfortable not placing a vote at this time. Don't take hat to mean that I won't be voting however.

2 - No, I will not answer dumb questions, regarding theoretical hand raising and the like. I will answer important questions, but "duh, what hand raising"? In a word, no.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

That rule is quite strict.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Amrun »

VOTE: nameloc1989

I intensely dislike this rule.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

HN 128 wrote:Do I prefer to be voting for nobody? At this point, I am very comfortable not placing a vote at this time. Don't take hat to mean that I won't be voting however.

If someone asked you to vote, would you?

HN 128 wrote:"duh, what hand raising"? In a word, no.

I hate to continue to press this, but this isn't the question I meant and I think you know that.

---

Amrun, was that last vote a mistake or are you giving us a little bit of a protest?

Everyone, regardless what you think about the Mod's voting rules, I ask that you please double check your votes before casting them and save all of your criticisms for post-game. Not trying to be Mr. Leader or anything, I just don't want us to dwell on this because it distracts us from the game itself.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by Amrun »

What do you mean, RC?

I had voted nameloc before, but apparently it didn't count because I didn't put "nameloc1989," ie I left out the 1989.

I was correcting my vote.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by Amrun »

Amrun wrote:VOTE: helloonewman

For telling me how to spend mother's day.

And apparently my RVS vote didn't count because I only had 2 L's and 2 O's, which is so patently ridiculous that I have to protest because I don't want to spendtherest of the game with my vote not counting because I missed a letter or something.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Post by Surye »

I must be missing something, because I don't understand the nameloc1989 votes. Scott Brosius looks much worse in my opinion at this point, his nameloc vote and reason was bad.

I feel like Demon dismissed most of my post as gut... when that was only one quote, not all of them.

After more thought and analysis, RC votes making more sense to me. He's trying to get others to vote, which seems like an attempt to get a wagon going without being the initiator. This would make him look better in any VCAs. The hand raising thing was also pretty distracting and pointless. Also seeing a town claim as a VT claim is just asking to get a policy wagon going when there was no reason for one.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RedCoyote
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by Amrun »

nameloc thought he softclaimed as detective when he had done nothing of the sort. How can that come from town?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by Surye »

Amrun wrote:nameloc thought he softclaimed as detective when he had done nothing of the sort. How can that come from town?

Okay, reading them in iso had me a bit mixed up. I agree with this.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

Then where is your vote?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by Surye »

I still like my RC vote, but at this point, my reads are not strong enough, and I don't like nameloc either.

UNVOTE:

Is a better place for my vote with this in mind.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

It's not 1989; it's 1986.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by Surye »

RedCoyote wrote:It's not 1989; it's 1986.

Ugh, I copied and pasted from someone else's typo.
VOTE: nameloc1986
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Amrun »

Aw, fuck my life. Secretly dyslexic turning I?

VOTE: nameloc1986

My boyfriend was born in 1989 is the real reason.

Surye, you'll have to switch too.

Exactly why ths rule is bollocks.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Surye 134 wrote:He's trying to get others to vote, which seems like an attempt to get a wagon going without being the initiator.

Others implies that I asked more people than HN about his vote and implies a lack of attention to this game.

Back this up or retract it.

Surye 134 wrote:The hand raising thing was also pretty distracting and pointless.

I never mentioned "hand raising". This was HN and DK's thing.

Surye 134 wrote:Also seeing a town claim as a VT claim is just asking to get a policy wagon going when there was no reason for one.

This is a false, rushed summary like the one toffee made (indicative of your pattern of an overall rushed readthrough of the game). I respect SSSS' vote a lot more simply because he had the intellectual integrity to ask me to better define my political stance rather than just assume he knew what I was up to (and whether or not it was good or bad).
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by Surye »

RedCoyote wrote:
Surye 134 wrote:He's trying to get others to vote, which seems like an attempt to get a wagon going without being the initiator.

Others implies that I asked more people than HN about his vote and implies a lack of attention to this game.

Back this up or retract it.

One person, doesn't matter, you're pushing for the idea of it. We're all reading it, and if there's anything to it, you're counting on it.

RedCoyote wrote:
Surye 134 wrote:The hand raising thing was also pretty distracting and pointless.

I never mentioned "hand raising". This was HN and DK's thing.

Okay, reread out of ISO, another thing I got confused on. I retract this point.

RedCoyote wrote:
Surye 134 wrote:Also seeing a town claim as a VT claim is just asking to get a policy wagon going when there was no reason for one.

This is a false, rushed summary like the one toffee made (indicative of your pattern of an overall rushed readthrough of the game). I respect SSSS' vote a lot more simply because he had the intellectual integrity to ask me to better define my political stance rather than just assume he knew what I was up to (and whether or not it was good or bad).

I will admit I rushed it a bit, and am happy to be pointed out where I am wrong, I did not want to leave this game hanging, and needed to get to a point where I can keep up with the game.

Now, I still read you as saying this, and I have no problems assuming what you are up to, to explain why I voted, and why I think it's bad or good. I don't know why you think that is a bad thing.

However, obviously my vote on you was not backed with super confidence or anything, I don't have any strong reads at the moment, and I do like this post and response to mine. I would unvote you if I hadn't already :P
toffee
toffee
Townie
toffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 4:14 am

Post by toffee »

RedCoyote wrote:
toffee 84 wrote:I don't understand this, I read you're thinking chess as town but at the same time you're voting him. Scum alarm activated.

What I'm saying is that he's straight less likely to be a PR. Because of that, as I said to SSSS, if we end up lynching a VT at the end of today with no other claims, that's not the worst scenario we can come across. I don't necessarily mean I think he's scum or not. Obviously I don't know either way.

toffee 84 wrote:Then in post #53 you're saying if it's better to hunt an anti town VT because it's D1 and all, I just can't understand the logiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccc

I'm not acting like a "hero", so let's get on the same foot here. I don't know where you got that idea. I'm just saying, to SSSS, that, especially in this game, night actions are so vital for the town.

Today it would be better to lynch a VT and not out any of our PRs than lynch a scum an out several of our PRs. Do you agree with that?

It's true night actions are so vital in this setup, it just that VT is still town, and could be in good player's hand "if lucky", and the thing is, it is town job to find scum, not killing each other apart.
The "hero" thing came from the fact that you kept pushing the idea of how g-o-o-d it is to aim for a VT lynch on D1, to me, it seems like try looking pro-town with "good-cover" objective.
So, obviously I'm not with you w/ D1 VT-lynch here.
RC, I just don't get it, supposed we all are agree w/ you w/ this D1 VT-lynch thing but failed in the end, I just can't see you would be satisfied and not kept pushing another VT-lynch on the next day, what make you so sure D1 will got your "happy ending" and could continue "ideally" w/ scum hunting on D2? Why should we be convinced w/ chesskid lynch in this case? Why am I wrong in believing if you, are in the middle of tricky-scheme, directing us to the wrong lane?
toffee
toffee
Townie
toffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 4:47 am

Post by toffee »

nameloc1986 wrote:@toffee: Your defending of DK is noted. I love also how you say: "If every time Deity's oddness were forgiven by me just because I think he's a newbie, this could back stab me hard if in the end he turned scum, newbie scum." If DK ever flips scum, it won't look good for you.

I don't understand the RC wagon.

Because so far, Deity's case is crap, in my read. If happened I got scum read on him, don't you worry, I will happily place my vote on him.
Read my previous post for RC case.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 4:54 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Unvote

Vote: Surye
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:22 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

chesskid3 wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Surye

Let's see your reasoning, though most likely I'll agree with it. I'd just like more people convinced of a Surye or Deity lynch over a nameloc lynch, because this is an awful and absolutely shit wagon.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:28 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

RedCoyote wrote:SSSS, are you going to actually stick around this game? Don't replace out. :P

missed this earlier, so :p. I do plan on sticking around. this is the only game i got right now (aside from modding one soon) so you're stuck with me :p

Ok, so, the other suspect I mentioned: Amrun. Looking back, I'm getting a scum vibe on him mostly from his lurkerish style, posting short one liners and not really putting that much explanation into his posts. rvs, votes nameloc, comments on the dog pics, changes vote on nameloc so that it counts, then corrects it again later. You did explain your vote in one line, but I'm definitely not a fan of you only focusing on him right now. looks like severe tunneling to me, and also a way for scum to sit back and wait until others say their opinions, then join up with the side with the most supporters. that way, you don't have to contradict yourself, or commit to anything yet.

so amrun, commit. aside from nameloc, who are your suspects?

*** on a side note, scottybro and don_j are also like this in that they vote nameloc, maybe answer a question asked of them, and then disappear. I don't think all three are scum (if they are we have a really lazy scum team) but please all of you get involved. for you two, same question I had for amrun.

for now, I'm going to
unvote: RedCoyote
cause I disagree with him on his playstyle, but it might just be that I disagree with the playstyle of another townie. So for now, I got my eye on you.

@Diety: we're no page 6 now. chess has gotten votes on him and has reacted. how do you read into this? is he leaning scummy or townie for you right now? Also, is your vote for nameloc only based on gut and you seeing him as maneuvering scum?

PEDIT: agree, I'd like to see reasons for Surye.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 7:08 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Scott Brosius wrote:

That rule is quite strict.

Amrun wrote:VOTE: nameloc1989

I intensely dislike this rule.

zippeadeedodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Surye wrote:I still like my RC vote, but at this point, my reads are not strong enough, and I don't like nameloc either.

UNVOTE:

Is a better place for my vote with this in mind.

I wants to join bandwagon
but i'z worried i'll look lke scum for it
so i'll throw 1-2 line thingy to explainz then everyonz thinks i towntowntown

Return to “Completed Open Games”