Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Talapus »

If I were uber motivtaed at the moment I would try to make educated posts using nothing but song lyrics....but that seems like a lot of work while actually at work. The boss might get pissed.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #2) » Thu May 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Talapus »

Ya, we definitely need more peeps in here talking before we consider dropping band names. I also truly hope some of us don't get too focused on some of them or whether we buy it on band name alone. It always leads to problems in theme games when people vote on name alone.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #3) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Talapus »

Wow nintendo, that is some really odd play style on your part. If it's because you're new to mafia in general then hopefully you'll learn something from it. But not really arguing your case, then saying you'll discuss it more tomorrow so you can get sleep while being a L-4 is not the way to go. But then comeback in 13 minutes later and claiming outright with no real argument or discussion??? I don't really get that. In all mafia games players will get frustrated sooner or later as the finger of suspicion points their way. But when at L-4 you have more then enough time to at least try to talk things out and argue with other players for a bit in hopes to change their minds intead of just coming in and claiming.

It looks like we still have 2 or 3 players who have yet to even say anything in this game so far too which makes it hard to draw any conclusions as to there alignment yet. But at least for now I will
UNVOTE
as my first vote was obviously just a reg joke vote. Although I've not played with any of you here before on this site I do think it's important that we not solely base our opinions or attitudes on players because of previous playstyles in other games. Helpful sure, but as we can see from some of the discussions it's getting us into questionable arguments that may or may not help is later in the game. Day 1 is always hard, but I'll at least wait to hear from everyone before I throw another vote out there.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #4) » Fri May 13, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Talapus »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
Talapus wrote:Wow nintendo, that is some really odd play style on your part. If it's because you're new to mafia in general then hopefully you'll learn something from it. But not really arguing your case, then saying you'll discuss it more tomorrow so you can get sleep while being a L-4 is not the way to go. But then comeback in 13 minutes later and claiming outright with no real argument or discussion??? I don't really get that. In all mafia games players will get frustrated sooner or later as the finger of suspicion points their way. But when at L-4 you have more then enough time to at least try to talk things out and argue with other players for a bit in hopes to change their minds intead of just coming in and claiming.

2 hours and 13 minutes, check the time stamps. And am I not allowed to sleep? And I claimed because I didn't know if I'd get quicklynched in the night. (I tend to sleep in and today was no exception.)

My bad on the 2 hours part but obviously you were still awake. So why not come in and argue instead of just coming in to claim? That actually makes your playstyle look even worse.....just saying.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #5) » Fri May 13, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Talapus »

Scumhunter wrote:Hey guys this is my song. Makes me go O.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Rick Roll'd.....you bastard :lol: . I should vote you on that alone. Well played sir, well played.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #6) » Sat May 14, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Talapus »

C-Worl wrote:
diddin wrote:
C-Worl wrote:
Vote: EPM

I do not wish to be slapped in the face.

Unvote, Vote: C-Worl

Stop sheeping Chess and start thinking for yourself, please.

It's D1, I'm gonna do whatever the fuck I wanna do.

What a terrible way to play. Just because it's D1 doesn't mean good discussions can't be had or that someone may slip up. By stating this you just make it sound that regardless of what happens today you're going to do whatever you want. Since that won't help us out at all, I see no reasonnot to vote you.

Unvote
Vote: C-Wor
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #7) » Sat May 14, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Talapus »

C-Worl wrote:

No, what I mean is there's a difference in D1 and D2. D1 is normally a battle to see who ends up getting lynched, what they flip as, and then you can use that for the future. Therefore, I'm trying to see who is scummier and my methods while unconventional normally do work. What I'm doing may seem like sheeping but that's not what I'm doing.

Oh, ok. That I get. For a second there it sounded you you flat out didn't care and if you didn't, you're useless to the rest of us(No offense). I've played with several players that think this way and that kind of dad weight kills a game fast. So for now.

Unvote
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (isolation #8) » Sat May 14, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Talapus »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
Talapus wrote:
C-Worl wrote:

No, what I mean is there's a difference in D1 and D2. D1 is normally a battle to see who ends up getting lynched, what they flip as, and then you can use that for the future. Therefore, I'm trying to see who is scummier and my methods while unconventional normally do work. What I'm doing may seem like sheeping but that's not what I'm doing.

Oh, ok. That I get. For a second there it sounded you you flat out didn't care and if you didn't, you're useless to the rest of us(No offense). I've played with several players that think this way and that kind of dad weight kills a game fast. So for now.

Unvote

You know that really makes it look like you voted for your scumbuddy just to say you did so if one of you flips scum the other looks a bit more inno, then unvoted so it wouldn't look like bussing.

Bussing, really??? Dude, I get the whole scum buddy reference and all but it certainly isnt bussing. C-worl made what I thought was a blatantly scummy/useless comment and I called him on it. The only other vote on him at the time after he made his comment was for the reason of "sheep"ing another player. Now had I gone and voted him for the same reason, yes I'd agree with the bussing comment fully. But I didn't and called out an action I thought to be a bad move.

Also, I've never played with him before , I don't know his playstyle yet. I called him out on it and voted his ass as it puts pressure on him to give a response. He did just that and explained so I withdrew the vote. For the guys out there all ready to jump on board a lynch wagon and take me down for that relax a bit. Seriously, no one else called him out and questioned it and I think thats because you've played with him before, I haven't, so chill.

Now that I have more then 2 minutes I'll go back and reread a bit and see what else is here to post on.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #9) » Sat May 14, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Talapus »

Ok at this point I'm ready to leave a vote on Goath. So,

Vote: Goath

Looking back at the arguments you made then about the player setup up it seems to mean you jumped to some conclusions that shouldn't or couldn't have been jumped too. With the alt player for instance that really shouldn't be a concern of yours as the Mod who ran the previous game is modding this. He's not just gonna let a bunch of multis in to screw us all up. With the whole PL and the potential scum buddies you draw conclusions that that when players defend eachother and then distance eachother on day one it's a good scum buddy tell. And honestly thats just BS in a game like this. I play very actively on another site and players do that all the time day one. Not because it means anything, but they are just used to giving eachother a hard time and messing around. Now should it continue and obvious distance is being put between then, then yes, big scum tell. But it's still day 1 and I think you're looking too hard at something not there. As for the whole player setup speculation it just seems odd how openly you put out a guess. As the mod did this in his previous game, I doubt he's using the same setup here as several players were in it. He of course has to change things up a bit.

Now these things have been touched on with you and you may have started to respond, however we don't get great answers. Instead your last post reflects that you are leaving until Sunday and just agree with several others that nintendo's claim isn't obviously town. Not an argument or case man, just restating the obvious.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #10) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Talapus »

Parabollocks wrote:
...obvious scum is obvious....

This is truly amazing to me how many players use this as an argument or defense on this site to vote people. This is just terrible all the way around and the fact that some of you think it's ok is really surprising. I've seen it in other threads here and it's popped up in this thread once or twice before already which is rather surprising considering it's day one. Nothing is obvious yet so stop saying it like it is. No player yet in this game is Obv Town or Obv Scum and it's been addressed before yet here it is again. I just don't get it.

Now, looking at how I voted and then unvoted for a player, yes I see how some players assume thats scummy. As I said before though I called him out on an action I thought was scummy, placed to vote to pressure and make sure he saw it, got a reasonable answer and withdrew. No one else called him out on it and I think a lot of that has to do with everyone knowing his playstyle. Again, great for you, but I don't. Never played with him before so kinda calling things as I see them.

I will go ahead and say that the Obv town or Scum calling out needs to stop as it's going to hurt/hinder us rather then help us. There are ONLY a few ways anyone would be either. One way is if we had a verified cop who made several right investigations throughout a game and we were down to 4 players. Cop says person A is scum, person A claims fake town role, Person B or C counterclaim and then lynch his ass. See, that's obvious! But a lot of peeps in this game so far are basing guesses on past play style or what they know from what other players did in other games. And yes, it can be very helpful doing that. But again, I'm new here so don't know that info yet.

I'm still fine with my vote for Gaoth at the moment, will read up on everything else posted today when I get back from work. Just had to point this out as it caught my eye again and I just completely disagree with players using Obv town or Obv scum(based of of one or two comments) as a legitimate argument. Sorry, just don't agree at all with that.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #11) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Talapus »

gorilla wrote:

so caught

so very, very caught

You're hilarious. Truly, a comic in or midst. I love that you make a blanket statement like this while adding absolutely nothing to my "Obv town/scum" discussion.

So please explain to me gorilla why "flavor speculation is dumb"(yep, you said it), while pointing out who is or isn't "Obv town/scum" isn't? Because as far as I can see neither one can be proven. And, I think that's your problem with the flavor speculation. Someone could claim anything and it would be hard to prove or disprove it or speculate as to whether or not we should buy it for now. Yet "Obv town/scum" pointing out on day one is totally valid even though again we know nothing?!?

I'll break this down as I see it right now and explain my problems with this argument for you as you seem to have skipped the content and pulled one sentence out of it to make a needless comment yourself.

We are in a mafia game(OBVIOUS)

We all have band names/Artist names in our roles(OBVIOUS)

Some of us are scum and some of us are town(OBVIOUS)

Someone will be lynched today before night begins(OBVIOUS)

As of right now, all those things are obvious, everything else is in the dark. Just because nintendo claimed doesn't mean he's Obv town. Just because chesskid claimed doesn't mean he's Obv town. Now I understand many of you are going on past playstyle or history to come up with these conclusions and thats awesome. Very helpful and I do that myself in many games on other sites. So please explain to me why flavor speculation is dumb, but Obv town/scum isn't? Because truly I am trying to understand this whole concept and want to know.

I play a quite a few other sites and have never seen it used as much as I do here. Especially on day one. The player reads, sure, thats common practice. But, you "Obvious"ly read my post pertaining to this argument as you commented on it. So please fill me in as I'm at a loss.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #12) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Talapus »

gorilla wrote:You're writing fluff posts, you're not scumhunting. You're being over-reactive and shifty. Your entire attitude is "It's day 1 it's too early to know anything" which seems to be a big part of why you're voting Gaoth. flavor speculation is dumb because it is not helpful: even though slaxx doesn't provide fakeclaims, there were enough artists working within the rock genre last decade for scum to have an incredibly large pool of fakeclaims to choose from. It is not a productive line of discussion. Calling people (obv) scum/town is good because it gets reactions and generates discussion by putting out reads. Sometimes it's a bit of hyperbole. Not here though, you're obvscum. Writing huge wallposts where you complain about how it's impossible for anyone to know right now is just trying to shut down discussion, which isn't helpful, and just makes you look like you're upset and confused as to how you were caught so soon.

This isn't accurate at all, and the fact that you state it makes it seem you think it's right. First off if I were trying to shut down discussion, no posts would have been posted by me, that simple. Secondly I gave reasons for voting Gaoth, whether or not you agree with them certaily isn't my problem nor is "It's day 1 it's too early to know anything" my argument a "big part" of the reasoning behind my vote from him. In fact, it had nothing to do with it which had you read it, you'd know that. So nice try at misdirection on you're part. As for being "caught" thats you're thoery and it's wrong, just like other things in the post above you said. See gorilla, this is me yet again discussing. Now if you'd care to go back and read why I voted Gaoth go ahead as obviously you missed or skimmed it in general. I still don't agree with this point of view with the obv town/scum but I do agree it gets people to discuss things. We'll just not see eye to eye on the values of using it and thats fine. But next time dude if you're going to be upset and try to call me out on something then at least get your facts staright.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #13) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Talapus »

Hiraki wrote:Hey idiots.

Stop arguing and sheep me.

I actually found something decent and definite.

I have scum, you may have scum depending my analysis of your case.

Which I will do sometime.

Maybe not.

You think Tarsonalot is scum because of calling someone out for minimal posts while having only 3 posts himself all of which have little to know content? Is that what we're looking at as "decent and definite"? Or is it back farther because I haven't gotten completely caught up yet.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #14) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Talapus »

Hiraki wrote:No that's it.

The reason that you're making it smaller than it actually is, is making me mad.

Not trying to minimize your case man, haven't looked into it yet as I said I'm still getting caught up. Just wanted to make sure I'm looking in the right area.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #15) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Talapus »

5 votes on me, but I really don't understand why Refan put on the 5th based off of an inaccurate argument by gorilla. Seems strange. But as it is 5, I will claim if need be but of course would rather not as it will only hurt town in the long run.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (isolation #16) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Talapus »

Wow, lynch negative 1 and no one is jumping off the wagon. Well, at least this list will point towards scum come tomorrow. I'm Rihanna by the way and most definitely town.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #17) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Talapus »

Regfan wrote:I normally avoid doing these however I feel it's needed in this case.

What is up with all the misquotes or misconceptions on this site? I agree with some of this but you are guessing too much on other things and then getting some things wrong entirely. Geez, at least if you want to rip me apart do it truthfully man.

Regfan wrote:
Talapus ISO

Post #3 - State more conversation is needed while not adding any real conversation or discussion yourself - Contradiction here.

Wrong, I said, "Ya, we definitely need more peeps in here talking before we consider dropping band names." Granted I didn't drop my band name at the time, but neither did several others. Not really a contradiction.

Regfan wrote:
Post #8 - Instant removal of the vote the second it was pointed out.

Wrong, vote was removed as I recieved a legit answer that sounded good. At the time of these posts we were the only two talking. So not sure where you see this. And your next qoute states that so really not sure where "Instant removal of the vote the second it is pointed out" comes from.
Regfan wrote:Post #9 - Defends his vote on C-Worl saying that it was reasonable.

Regfan wrote:
Post #13 - Defensivesness over Gorillas assesment of your play.[

More like pointing out truth from BS, but if you want to see it as only defensive then that helps explain your vote for me right after it.

Regfan wrote:So lets summarize:
- You contradicted yourself earlier by stating that more discussion was needed without adding any discussion yourself

Again, not really a contradiction. Pointed out all players sould get in to discuss before we consider dropping band names.

Regfan wrote:
- You posted several fluff posts while throwing a policy vote on C-Worl which you quickly retracted.
- You stated suspicion towards Nintendo for his early claim, however refrained from stating your read on him later.

Um, I critcized his play style in those posts, never said I suspected him. Haven't posted a read on him really since though so thats accurate. But claimed potential town is still potential town so no reason to pursue that for now.

Regfan wrote:
- You put forward a shotty case against Gaoth in which you state you don't care if people agree with your reasoning or not.

Wrong, I said I don't care if gorilla saw it or not. Not "people".
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (isolation #18) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Talapus »

Also
FOS
Hiraki as he openly admits to not even looking into the case Refan posted and
Major FOS
to Tarsonalot who decided it was best to put me at lynch -1 without even asking for a role claim. Thats really scummy.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (isolation #19) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Talapus »

Hiraki wrote:EWBOP:

ALSO, STILL NO ROLE CLAIM AFTER YOU CALLED OUT TARSONALOT ON IT.

COME ON. FFS.

Post 265 dude.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (isolation #20) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Talapus »

Hiraki wrote:I am most definitely town is not a claim.

Unless you're claiming Town.

In which case, you must die.

Hell. You have to die anyway at this rate.

Uh, I did. The name of the game is 00's band which includes artists or bands from the 2000's. Rihanna is most definitely from 00's dude.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (isolation #21) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Talapus »

Forgot about the song part. Had to check my mailbox...lol. Just town, My Main song is Umbrella
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (isolation #22) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Talapus »

Hiraki wrote:
Slaxx wrote:6. This is the Townie Template:

Ouch.

You
have
to be lying now.

Hammer it.

It says don't quote the mod, I'm not posting my PM dude, thats a rule. But yes, Rihanna, and Umbrella.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (isolation #23) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Talapus »

tarsonisocelot wrote:
Talapus wrote:Also
FOS
Hiraki as he openly admits to not even looking into the case Refan posted and
Major FOS
to Tarsonalot who decided it was best to put me at lynch -1 without even asking for a role claim. Thats really scummy.

Liar. With mine you have 7 votes on you. You need 9 to lynch.

My bad, sorry. Thought you put me at -1. Scumhunter had no issues trying to hammer a claimed townie though I see.
Unvote
Vote Scumhunter
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #24) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Talapus »

As I've said. Town, not scum. Rihanna, Umbrella. Someone should be at least unvoting while you continue to digest the information.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (isolation #25) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Talapus »

Hiraki wrote:HA.

HAHAHA.

NOW YOU USE TOWNIE.

AFTER I MENTION IT.

HAHAHA.

YOU'RE NOT TOWN ANYMORE?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow, used it in post 265 when I claimed the first time. I think you best reread.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (isolation #26) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Talapus »

Hiraki wrote:
Talapus wrote:Wow, lynch negative 1 and no one is jumping off the wagon. Well, at least this list will point towards scum come tomorrow. I'm Rihanna by the way and most definitely town.
There is no mention of Townie here.

Just that you're most definitely town.

Town and townie are the same here right? My role says townie, it's in the pm. But town and townie are the same in my book. And with no one unvoting with townies down one after my death please look in the direction of scumhunter and his less the subtle trial lynch voting...lol
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (isolation #27) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Talapus »

Regfan wrote:Well, there's a decent likelihood I bite the bullet tonight, so here are my current reads.

Players I am absolutely certain are town:
Chesskid, Pine, Gorilla, Diddin.
Town (From strongest to weakest):
Parabollocks, Hiraki, Scumhunter, C-Worl, Evilpacman18.
Null:
Nicodemus, Nintendo.
Scum (From strongest to weakest):
Talapus, Gaoth, tarsonisocelot, DemonHybrid

I'm contempt if anyone wants to hammer now, Talapus is ignoring any questions directed at him.

Which ones? I'm not ignoring, just trying to help the rest of us out by not getting lynched which is hard when you won't unvote
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (isolation #28) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Talapus »

Seriously, links??? Um thats wierd but ok. Give me a few minutes to track some down
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (isolation #29) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Talapus »

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... t=simpsons
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... =bad+poets
[SPAMURL]

Three is all you get for now as people are trying to lynch me. Several others and lots modded. You guys just have a different play style here then what I'm used to.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (isolation #30) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Talapus »

What, it spammed it?
http://spies8.proboards.com/index. cgi

Try that. take out the space after the period though
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (isolation #31) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Talapus »

Wow chess, good luck townies. The playstyle here is really different.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (isolation #32) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Talapus »

Regfan wrote:
Talapus wrote: The playstyle here is really different.

Regardless what you flip here I recommend you go play some games in the Newbie queue before you sign up for alternate games.

No, gave your site a shot. Was fun. But no where else anywhere have I come across some of your playstyles. And that includes masive online/live mafia with video and cash prizes with real meet ups. Honestly it kinda ruins some of the fun. Between the wagon hoppers and submariners it makes it harder for the others. Nothing against you guys, it was fun and I'm out. Again, goodluck townies. At least you have something to go on for tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”