Newbie 1103: Just Another Chaotic Town (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Miss JJ »

LOL well I admit I have been very excited to start my first game here. I was hanging out. :)
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Staeg »

I know that feeling.
sa vrede?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Meransiel »

Believe me, it'll go away. Hard.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.01Elsa von Spielburg (1) - Miss JJ
FireStorm (1) - TripMyWire
Meransiel (1) - Quilford
Miss JJ (1) - FireStorm
Quilford (1) - Staeg
Scumhunter (1) - Elsa von Spielburg
Staeg (1) - Meransiel

Not Voting (2) - Scumhunter, Thor665

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Wednesday, June 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).

Mod Notes

Thor665 is V/LA May 12-15

Vote counts on phones aren't impossible after all!
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 11:59 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Yay. We're on page 2. Looking forward to hearing from the others...
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Hi guys and gals, looking forward to a good game and hopefully a town win.

vote: Thor665

For being the IC and last to post in the thread :P

? at mod or to someone who knows about this setup: When it says "2 of the following" does that mean we could possibly have 2 cops/docs/jailkeepers? I assume it means we have 2 of those 4 roles in the game in some combination but the 25% next to each threw me off since if it really was 2 of 4 roles it would be 50%
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
FireStorm
FireStorm
Townie
FireStorm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by FireStorm »

Actually, the reaason I didn't vote in my first post is because I played mafia in another forum, and people who make votes at random usually get the most suspicion, and I didn't know if it was the same thing here. Then I saw everyone else vote first thing and it was all lol votes, so I made one because my not voting looked sad and lonely :(
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

I also play mafia/werewolf on another forum and it's frustrating because most people are afraid to vote or even post much. That's why I joined this site. I thought I'd try it out. Three weeks for a day round seems so long, though. Should be interesting.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

Scumhunter wrote:Hi guys and gals, looking forward to a good game and hopefully a town win.

vote: Thor665

For being the IC and last to post in the thread :P

? at mod or to someone who knows about this setup: When it says "2 of the following" does that mean we could possibly have 2 cops/docs/jailkeepers? I assume it means we have 2 of those 4 roles in the game in some combination but the 25% next to each threw me off since if it really was 2 of 4 roles it would be 50%

Thor is out until the 15th (see mod notes) which is probably why he hasn't posted, lol. Also, I think it's 2 of the 4 roles and the 25% means there is a 25% chance for each to be in the game (1 out of 4)? That was my take at least.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Equinox »

Scumhunter wrote:? at mod or to someone who knows about this setup: When it says "2 of the following" does that mean we could possibly have 2 cops/docs/jailkeepers? I assume it means we have 2 of those 4 roles in the game in some combination but the 25% next to each threw me off since if it really was 2 of 4 roles it would be 50%"

No duplicates are possible; it means that you have two of the four listed roles in the game, with each role having a 25% chance of appearing.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

lol each would have 50% chance of appearing then. im a math dork don't mind me, my ? is answered though

Welp. I'll fix it in the Setup post when I figure out how to word it. Thanks for the heads-up. (Equinox)
Last edited by Equinox on Thu May 12, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Meransiel »

@FS: It's...a mouth of fresh air to see an utterly believable post. Yes, playing on MafiaScum is an aquired skill, you have to, at times, give up on what you instinctively think is a good playstyle and follow the meta.

And that is a good thing.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 12:46 am

Post by Staeg »

I'm actually going to go ahead and disagree about "no sheeping in RVS." All other games go MUCH faster if you make even a 2-man miniwagon from what I've seen. So I'll go ahead and do a semi-random
Vote: Elsa von Spielburg
, mainly for not posting all to much. No posts = no content = no information = good for scum.
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Staeg »

It appears that I didn't
Unvote: Quilford

sa vrede?
FireStorm
FireStorm
Townie
FireStorm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 am

Post by FireStorm »

Meransiel wrote:@FS: It's...a mouth of fresh air to see an utterly believable post. Yes, playing on MafiaScum is an aquired skill, you have to, at times, give up on what you instinctively think is a good playstyle and follow the meta.

Gonna take that as a compliment lol.

Question; Do the games usually take this long for people to post, or is this a very quiet game compared to normal?

Unvote: Miss JJ
I seriously don't like voting people without any reason, even if it is a lol vote.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 2:49 am

Post by Staeg »

FireStorm wrote:
Meransiel wrote:@FS: It's...a mouth of fresh air to see an utterly believable post. Yes, playing on MafiaScum is an aquired skill, you have to, at times, give up on what you instinctively think is a good playstyle and follow the meta.

Gonna take that as a compliment lol.

Question; Do the games usually take this long for people to post, or is this a very quiet game compared to normal?

Unvote: Miss JJ
I seriously don't like voting people without any reason, even if it is a lol vote.

I think it was a compliment, too.
Not "usually," the activity in this game was fine before yesterday-today. I don't know what happened. There's been cases of day 1 ending in 1 RL hour.

@everyone: Any comment on my mini-wagon?
sa vrede?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Meransiel »

@Staeg: It is popular to pressure wagon someone day 1, tis true, you get info from VCA.

However, why Elsa? From what you said yourself, you're basically going on lurking, and...it's only page 2, most people have just a couple posts in. Thor has not done a thing, why not vote him instead?

Hypothetically speaking, of course. I hate "lynch all lurkers".

@FS: Welcome. Also, games take as long as they must (they, like, hit the deadline all the time). Important is to get a few dozen pages of content out of em
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:21 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Staeg wrote:@everyone: Any comment on my mini-wagon?

I appreciate the attempt at trying to get the game moving. I don't know how much pressure it will put on Elsa to post more, and your reasoning (not posting enough) would have justified leaving your vote on Quilford. If the reason for making a mini-wagon was something evidence-based it would get things moving more and spur on a bit more conversation. I'd love for this game to get moving faster, but I don't think that the (mostly) baseless mini-wagon is going to help too much.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:22 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Meransiel wrote:Thor has not done a thing, why not vote him instead?

Thor is V/LA.
You can call me Trip.

Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:32 am

Post by Meransiel »

Oh, didn't notice Quil and Elsa have the same number of posts, good catch there.

But he was making a point there, voting Elsa over Quil to start a wagon, as Elsa had a vote on her already. That STILL doesn't explain why he didn't vote Thor.

Ninja'd

@Trip: game started before he announced V/LA.
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:39 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Meransiel wrote:@Trip: game started before he announced V/LA.

OhhhHHHHHHhhh! Shame on him then!

Meransiel wrote:That STILL doesn't explain why he didn't vote Thor.

Even if he did vote for Thor... it wouldn't have supported his reasoning for getting the game moving and prompting Thor to talk... since he's V/LA.
You can call me Trip.

Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Staeg »

TMW actually explained all I had in mind.
sa vrede?
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Miss JJ »

Yes, I'll comment.

Staeg wrote:I'm actually going to go ahead and disagree about "no sheeping in RVS." All other games go MUCH faster if you make even a 2-man miniwagon from what I've seen. So I'll go ahead and do a semi-random
, mainly for not posting all to much. No posts = no content = no information = good for scum.

I have no idea about whether the "no sheeping in RVS" comment is true or not. I'm not that up on the lingo/acronyms of this site but sounds like it means mafia can still add themselves to a vote and still possibly not stand out by using a random vote? It seems like it's the best way for them to "sheep" imo. It just seems to absolve them of any responsibility for their voting reason since it's random.

Well, asking about your mini-wagon seems to pointedly say "look at what I'm doing" which might not be something mafia would do but maybe that was your motive. To look forthcoming. It also seems like you are trying to move the game along and chose someone who initially posted but has now fallen silent. Aren't these initial votes to get people talking or to encourage activity?

General question (for anyone who wishes to answer): In looking back at Meransiel's "no sheeping in RVS" comment I have to ask, what is RQS? And do people ever take it easy on us newbies by explaining their acronyms? I can certainly go look them up but when there are three or four in just one post I get lazy. :P
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Miss JJ »

I'm at work so I kept getting interrupted during my post and now there are a few more since I first started. I agree that voting Thor while we know he won't be answering until on or after the 15th makes less sense than voting someone else. Unless votes usually just hang for a while at first but still, what's the point if it's directed at getting a response?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Meransiel »

@Staeg: My real question is, what do you want Elsa to say? She wasn't asked specific questions, she doesn't have much content to comment on, she doesn't even have things to defend against.

@Miss JJ: RQS is a round of random questions players put to one another. Like, gmt, when they're active, if they played Mafia elsewhere, if they like being scum or town more...

Anyway, I put that question because Thor gets back in 2 days anyway, so not long, and also because there's not much that Elsa would need/could

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”