Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Amrun »

I can read momentum, okay. My lynch is likely to go through and I know that. Either way, I want the opportunity to post my cases. Working on a re-read now.

And I never said I was a newb, camn. I'm not. I didn't apologize for anything at all, in fact. I have nothing to apologize for.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Haylen »

The MaskHis play appears to be quite protown. I'm not happy with him practically clearing WingDamage from being scum because he replaced out, however - primarily because it might just be that he couldn't keep up with a speed game to the extent that being scum would need him to be. I also don't like the Cobbler vote without reasons giving. It might just be a pet-peeve of mine but I really don't think it is something that helps the town, to make unexplained votes. If someone makes a pressure vote, I expect that to be explained later on. I find his reasons for suspecting Katsuki to be adequate but I am unsure why an unexplained or pressure vote would take precedence over a vote on somebody who has been inconsistant.

I don't think The Mask would make a very good Day One lynch.

TajoI'm not even going to start to try figuring out how Tajo managed to typo Katsuki's name as his own name. I currently can't decide whether I am getting a jokey feel or a scummy feel from his posts. I feel they have been lacking in content quite a bit, but I know when people are jokey that can happen aswell plus it's early on in the game.

[offtopic]I am now wondering how Patrick managed to randomize these roles, will probably involve too much maths though.[/offtopic]

I disagree with him that buddying is a scumtell, although it does depend on the person.

I don't want to lynch Tajo just yet.

AmrunI can understand why she missed the game starting, I was surprised to find the game had 7 pages when I first looked at the thread aswell - to be fair, I was asleep when it started :P

Something about her vote on Katsuki leaves a bad taste in my mouth - something i can't place. I'll leave it for now and come back to it later. I agree with her in her is Post 7.

Amrun wrote:Haylen, be honest, have you read the game?

Skimmed it at that stage. I like to skim the game, do isos on everyone and then make a nice big post. But I realised that I had to change that tactic because the game has to move at a faster pace than other games I'm in.

I'm suspicious as to why Amrun went from voting someone she had felt had been really scummy to wanting to lynch a claimed power role. I'm naturally inclined to get paranoid about power role claims, however most people don't share that view so I'm wondering why she did that.

It's interesting that she unvotes for Katsuki and puts a vote on Kanye and then acknowledges that she doesn't know if her view on his scumminess had changed since she had unvoted him. I'm not a fan of placeholder votes, whatever happened to the good old fashions 'Unvote'? :/

I am suspicious of Amrun, but I think doing my re-read their might be bigger fish for me to catch.

BenmageI'm not seeing a whole lot of content from Benmage upon reading his posts. He doesn't explain anything that he does and reading it, it doesn't make much sense. For a start he says 'more Katsuki votes' but in the post prior to that, he called the Mask scum. Again without any content as to why. None of his posts are based on why he thinks Katsuki should be lynched and to be it just looks quite opportunistic. Then he unvotes and votes again in his next post which looks more opportunistic than it had been before. If he thought the Mask was scum, I'm not sure why he didn't vote for him when he hopped off of Katsuki.

From what I have seen of Benmages posts, I would be happy to see him hang today.

Unvote, Vote Benmage.

LowellNeeds to post more. I would be willing to make a decision to lynch based on one analysis and nothing else.

I can pretty much say that what he's said in his analysis had nothing wrong with it.

JulsWhen reading through Juls' posts, I got a town-like read. She explains things and she is scumhunting, she isn't just making votes lightly with no thought put into it. I can see what she is getting from Cobber, what she sees in her last post seems true.

The only thing I have to really ask her is why she has a townie read on Benmage? Because I'm not seeing anything pro-town coming from him at all. That and the read isn't really explained in her posts.

I don't want to lynch her today.

Kanye
Kanye wrote:First post was a joke (he's the only person in here I've played with/recognize.) Second post is entirely unhelpful towards anything, but I don't have any scumreads so far that haven't already been mentioned and I'm not ready to start calling people town like everyone else is doing.

Then why not ask questions? Thats what keeps games moving forward. I'm presuming that as a player with 'mafia scum' as their title, has been on site since 2008 and has been in games with Spyrex, that you would have known that already. We need to WORK to get information from people, not sit around and do nothing.

No problem with the Cobber vote.

Kanye wrote:Don't do that though, someone said it was scummy. Wouldn't want to get caught because of that.

Possible coaching to a scum buddy?

I would be fine with a Kanye vote. I do think he should post more though. I would be more interested in voting for Benmage today, however.

Ummm....I'm going to skip CrimpingNoofball and leave them until last. I find it really difficult to get reads on hydrae.

Wingdamage/C-worlThere wasn't anything scummy about Wingdamages posts, to me it looked like he had joined too many games and needed to replace out or something. Maybe I'm just a newbie sympathiser but I don't think there's anything to be gained from looking into his posts.

I am reading all of C-worl's posts as buddying and will need to look into some kind of meta on him. I don't think I've come across him in my game reading yet. I would love to know how he knew there was a wagon on Katsuki without reading the thread, though - possibly buying time to make up some sort of dodgy analysis?

He really needs to shut up about Katsuki, a) it looks like buddying, b) it's annoying and sickly and makes me want to puke.

Null read

I will be doing the rest of this tomorrow. I'm happy leaving my vote where it is at the moment.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 10:24 am

Post by The Mask »

The Mask wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:If katsuki flips scum, I am going to feel so stupid.

Aw shit..at least 1 of my scumreads are wrong.
Which means I'm bumping you on the list.
K.

Granted this is an indirect way of implying Cobble's post made me reconsider him as scum, but there ya go, Haylen.

The Mask wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:There are still people who haven't even posted that much. The Mask, Lowell, Kanye, Sathoris, Ludi, WingDamage, and Haylen. That's nearly half the roster. I mean, bankable deadline sure, but what use is it if half the town has har-

Wing Damage!!!! WD is the townie then.
Also: SCCUUUUM SLIIIIP

He just called half the roster town subconsciously...and don't give me none of that, "Oh that ain't nothing, Masky" because scumslips are much more powerful evidence that hunches.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

I want to wait for Amrun's analysis.

Kanye wrote:So you disagree with the reasons against me but also they are good enough for you to be willing to vote me?

No. You hadn't posted anything scummy at the time. It was later on that you started looking scummy. Twisting events aren't making you look good either.

PREDIT:

The Mask wrote:He just called half the roster town subconsciously...and don't give me none of that, "Oh that ain't nothing, Masky" because scumslips are much more powerful evidence that hunches.

I'm used to calling the collection of all the players in the game "the town".
CrimpingNoofball
CrimpingNoofball
Goon
CrimpingNoofball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 10:38 am

Post by CrimpingNoofball »

xRECKONERx wrote:Let's just wait and see what she says, but I could see myself voting Haylen, too

I'd love to see Haylen votes for sports.

She's waiting for night to kill me, I know.

In the meantime, she's going to lurk hard.

~DGB
Show
The public weal requires that men should betray, and lie, and massacre.
Michel de Montaigne

If we know anything about man, it's that he's not pacific. The temptation to butcher anyone considered undesirable seems to be a common temptation, not always resisted.
Larry McMurtry
CrimpingNoofball
CrimpingNoofball
Goon
CrimpingNoofball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 10:46 am

Actually, I don't dislike Haylen's more recent post - but it's borderline too little too late.

~DGB
Show
Michel de Montaigne

If we know anything about man, it's that he's not pacific. The temptation to butcher anyone considered undesirable seems to be a common temptation, not always resisted.
Larry McMurtry
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 11:45 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

I got back early.
Unvote, Vote: Amrun
I'm feeling better about Amrun over Cobbler.

Haylen wrote:Then why not ask questions? Thats what keeps games moving forward. I'm presuming that as a player with 'mafia scum' as their title, has been on site since 2008 and has been in games with Spyrex, that you would have known that already. We need to WORK to get information from people, not sit around and do nothing.

Don't be tricked, I played two newbie games in 2008 and didn't touch mafia again until half a month ago. Regardless, that's not an excuse, I know.

Haylen wrote:Possible coaching to a scum buddy?

I was calling him scum trying to avoid something someone else called a tell. Sorry if that was unclear.

Regarding WD: I find the replace null as well.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 11:57 am

Post by C-Worl »

xRECKONERx wrote:You are twelve kinds of bad at this.

Post of the game right here. Top of page 9.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Cobblerfone wrote:No. You hadn't posted anything scummy at the time. It was later on that you started looking scummy. Twisting events aren't making you look good either.

I'm not twisting events. You cite those reasons as not scummy at the top of your post and then below you immediately cite those same reasons again as reason enough to vote me.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Haylen wrote:Not seeing the thing with Katsuki btw.

Here's a post by a decent sensible person. Page 10
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Cobblerfone wrote:
AGM wrote:ITT caught scum is frusturated.

Fuck it I can't resist the delicious taste of a D1 scumlynch, even if they are going to bus their buddies.

Unvote, Vote: Katsuki

You're certain Katsuki's scum and you say kat's bussing buddies. Her vote's on you. <_<

EPIC WIN!
Show

C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Juls wrote:
Scum

Katsuki - either or with Kat

Wuh?
Show

C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Haylen wrote:
Wingdamage/C-worlThere wasn't anything scummy about Wingdamages posts, to me it looked like he had joined too many games and needed to replace out or something. Maybe I'm just a newbie sympathiser but I don't think there's anything to be gained from looking into his posts.

I am reading all of C-worl's posts as buddying and will need to look into some kind of meta on him. I don't think I've come across him in my game reading yet. I would love to know how he knew there was a wagon on Katsuki without reading the thread, though - possibly buying time to make up some sort of dodgy analysis?

He really needs to shut up about Katsuki, a) it looks like buddying, b) it's annoying and sickly and makes me want to puke.

Null read

It's easy to do a quick ISO of the mod to see the last vote count. BTW, don't expect an analysis from me. Those take forever and make me hate the game. I only reread so I could get a general feel for the players and why certain things have built up.

BTW: HEY YOU! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE IN THIS GAME SO WHERE ARE YOU?
Show

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

I won't take credit for that "epic win". I'm pretty sure someone else brought up the fact that Katsuki was voting Almaster. I'm too lazy to look up who though.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Cobblerfone wrote:I won't take credit for that "epic win". I'm pretty sure someone else brought up the fact that Katsuki was voting Almaster. I'm too lazy to look up who though.

Well I must've missed it. Either way whoever brought up that point made my day.
Show

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Amrun wrote:-Has been generally non-contributive
-Keeps apologizing for being scummy, saying no one should have a town read on him, etc.

This was the point against Kanye that I was refering to when I said there was evidence already pointed out. Any points against him earlier I don't agree with for the posts. I forget them anyway. I think it was non-contributing or his "RVS vote".
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Guys, we still need to lynch Katsuki. Here's a new fresh piece of evidence - her reads are completely inconsistent.
Katsuk post 26 and before wrote:AGM is scum for the post where he voted Wing after your post.

Katsuki post 33 wrote:[AGM] might be town then.

Katsuki post 40 wrote:Spyspy looks like you are right about AGM.

Katsuki post 51 and 53 wrote:- AGM #64: KATSUKI IS SCUM BUT I DON'T WANT TO APPEAR TO HOP ONTO THIS WAGON TOO QUICKLY.

- AGM #127: Only you tried to hard to buddy Spyspy right from the getgo.

AGM is scum for the post where he voted Wing after your post.

more stuff about AGM being scumz

Post 51 and 53 are the killer because all the justifications she gives for me being scum happened BEFORE her iso posts 33 and 40. So basically she changed her read for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON based on ABSOLUTELY NO new evidence. COnicidentlaly, her read always coincides with the person she is talking with - e.g., respond to SpyreX and I'm town, giving a catchup post for the people who don't know WTF is going on and I'm scum.This is scum behavior because it proves she is just making up whatever reads she wants to at any given moment in order to suit her particular needs.

That, plus all the other posting. Plus the failure to breadcrumb the PR. LYNCH IT NOW.

Moreover, the kicker is that SHE IS BUDDIES WITH AMRUN. Amrum #298 - MASSIVE fence-sit on what to do with Katsuki because he doesn't want to lynch the buddy.

Other thoughts:

Pacman - 304 and 305 are awful.

Cobblerfone is still scummy, but at least he's not fucking contradicting himself out the wazoo and is giving analysis. Not the lynch for today.

Amrun 379…god I'm cringing. WE AREN'T LYNCHING THE REPLACEMENT SLOT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Halyen is a deal-with-later issue, The Mask is town, Lowell is meh.

:::

tl;dr - I will switch onto Amrun if we absolutely need to make that wagon move, but I am not going to prefer him over Katsuki just because LOL WELL WHY NOT. Katsuki is still 100% scum and we need to lynch her today.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Also, random thought to get out there, not sure if this is true yet - I have a sneaking suspicion if Katsuki and Amrun are both scum, that Cobbler is town and Juls is scum. She has consistently tried to sneak the wagon away from those two onto Cobbler without any REAL reason for doing so, so I'm pretty skeptical of her motives at this point.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Woah. You blew my mind. Suspicions of you withdrawn then.

VOTE: Katsuki
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I think either way the events of today/tonight go C-Worl is a mighty fine lynch.

AGM I dig but have faith. I BELIEVE.

BELIEVE TOO.

(ps lynch Amrun)

Also, random thought to get out there, not sure if this is true yet - I have a sneaking suspicion if Katsuki and Amrun are both scum, that Cobbler is town and Juls is scum. She has consistently tried to sneak the wagon away from those two onto Cobbler without any REAL reason for doing so, so I'm pretty skeptical of her motives at this point.

I'd be shocked if Kat AND Amrun were scum.

If that were the case I could maybe see it. Maybe I'm jaded on Juls from early gut sparks but we'll see.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Can't... get past... that being bussing...
green shirt thursdays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Which that what?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Amrun »

That is a good point about Katsuki, AGM.

She's STILL my best scumread... Stupid claim.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
CrimpingNoofball
CrimpingNoofball
Goon
CrimpingNoofball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Katsuki may still be scum, but the inconsistency is actually a TOWN tell, not a scum tell. I've been scum often enough to see how bloody often they refuse to do something useful for the team for fear of appearing INCONSISTENT. Townies aren't worried about consistency - they find scum wherever the wind blows. Not scum. Scum will dig their heels to appear consistent.

I bet a lot of the players refusing to change their mind about Katsuki are scum.

VERY IMPORTANT: This is a speed game. Speed is an advantage for scum. Beware that the players that are killed first are (1) widely seen as town and (2) may have accurate scum reads.

~DGB
Show
Michel de Montaigne

Larry McMurtry
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Speed CAN be an advantage for scum.

If they're allowed to slink.

I've been in 2 truly speed games and those were both town wins because of the speed - and activity.

Already this game makes me nervous on that front a lot.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”