Open 306: Lovers Mafia: Empking Checkmate (OVER)

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 8:39 am

Post by chkflip »

I've been back and forth on Crazy, yes, but you on the other hand have constantly been in my scum reads.

VOTE: C-Worl
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
C-Tree
C-Tree
Goon
C-Tree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by C-Tree »

VOTE: Fenchurch

$10 says chkflip ends up being her partner.
Record:
Town: 0-1
Scum: 0-0
Other: 0-0
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by C-Worl »

C-Tree wrote:VOTE: Fenchurch

$10 says chkflip ends up being her partner.

Sorry wrong account.

VOTE: Fenchurch

Just in case
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Crazy »

C-Worl, why did you just vote Fenchurch instead of chk?

You can keep your vote on Fenchurch; I just want to know the reason. Normally if someone votes you in LYLO you vote them back.
C-Tree
C-Tree
Goon
C-Tree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by C-Tree »

I think Fenchurch is more likely to be scum.
Record:
Town: 0-1
Scum: 0-0
Other: 0-0
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by C-Worl »

C-Tree wrote:I think Fenchurch is more likely to be scum.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Crazy »

Well, all I'm saying is that from your perspective, if chk was town, then scum would have won anyway, since they could quickhammer, unless if chk unvoted.

Eh, whatever. I'll think about this some more, but I'll probably end up voting Fenchurch.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Crazy wrote:Well, all I'm saying is that from your perspective, if chk was town, then scum would have won anyway, since they could quickhammer, unless if chk unvoted.

Probably C-Worl isn't worried about a quickhammer since he's scum, and thinks that he'll find it easier to get a lynch on me :igmeou:

But I don't know. I'm here, and I'm not quickhammering. I need to think about this.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote: Fenchurch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Ghostlin »

VoteCount 2.1:

Fenchurch (2, L-1): C-Worl, Empking
C-Worl (1, L-2): chkflip

Not Voting (2): Fenchurch, Crazy.

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch, and 3 to non-lynch.

Time in Game: 11:12 PM

Deadline for Hour 2: Wednesday, June 1st, Noon MST
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:20 am

Post by chkflip »

Crazy wrote:C-Worl, why did you just vote Fenchurch instead of chk?

You can keep your vote on Fenchurch; I just want to know the reason. Normally if someone votes you in LYLO you vote them back.

What is this I don't even

UNVOTE: C-Worl
VOTE: Crazy

All town-sense has dissolved with this post. Your buddy C-Worl may have Emp convinced, but you've convinced nobody.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:07 am

Post by Crazy »

I am not scum with C-Worl, since, as you can now see, since I'm not hammering Fenchurch right now. That means I'm either scum with Fenchurch or town.

I'm not really sure what your objection was with my post? Would you mind unvoting for now and clarifying what you mean?

Just to say, your last post gives me REALLY strong town-vibes that makes me sincerely doubt my gut that you and Fenchurch are scum together. Let's not rush this decision; we can talk it out. Can you unvote so you don't give Empking/C-Worl a chance to quickhammer?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Empking »

So (From my POV) Fenchurch is confirmed scum.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:35 am

Post by chkflip »

UNVOTE: Crazy

The second sentence sounded more like you supporting an OMGUS vote more than anything and that didn't sit well with me. Still doesn't, but I understand where you're coming from with Emp/C-Worl.

Emp, can you explain confscum? I don't quite see it but its been obvious that I'm slow sometimes. X_X
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Empking »

chk: If she wasn't scum then you or Crazy would have hammered.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:43 am

Post by chkflip »

Unless Crazy and I are not getting as clear a scum-read as you are and don't want to lose the game.

There's that, too.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Empking »

chkflip wrote:Unless Crazy and I are not getting as clear a scum-read as you are and don't want to lose the game.

:roll:
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Empking »

Empking wrote:
chkflip wrote:Unless Crazy and I are not getting as clear a scum-read as you are and don't want to lose the game.

:roll:

No actually I should explain that chk's post reveals that he's not put a smidge of scumhunting in this game.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Well, chk + Crazy are cleared for me now.

VOTE: Empking
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 9:43 am

Post by C-Worl »

Fenchurch wrote:Well, chk + Crazy are cleared for me now.

Say anything to avoid that hammer scum.
Show

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Fenchurch »

This isn't my first game where scum have pulled a gambit and it's paid off. In my last game (which Emp was also in), the scum cross-bussed for the whole game, right from the start of Day 1, and as a result, nobody ever seriously considered them being on the same team. Sure, you couldn't get away with that in a Lovers game, so Emp voted C-Worl at the start, at a point where the case on him had already been squashed, and it was enough to keep them out of the pairings and off the radar.

Whereas I've been paired with just about everybody throughout the course of the game, and that's because I haven't been concerned with distancing, or keeping myself out of the crosshairs.

As far as I can tell, at the start of Day 2, Emp and C-Worl figured Crazy was an easy mislynch, since he'd been absent and so hadn't contributed so much. Then I made it clear that I didn't think he was all that scummy, whilst at the same time he named me in a number of his pairings, and they decided I was an easier lynch.

For all Emp accuses other people of not scumhunting, he's done basically no scumhunting or analysis himself, instead just claiming that the things he does are obviously pro-town, and that his chosen targets are obviously scum. Unfortunately, rhetoric can be good for convincing other people, even if it's not backed up by any real evidence.

Crazy, chk, I don't know if you've made your minds up already. But please read back through the game first, and if there's anything you want me to explain, let me know.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:14 am

Post by C-Worl »

Fenchurch wrote:This isn't my first game where scum have pulled a gambit and it's paid off. In my last game (which Emp was also in), the scum cross-bussed for the whole game, right from the start of Day 1, and as a result, nobody ever seriously considered them being on the same team. Sure, you couldn't get away with that in a Lovers game, so Emp voted C-Worl at the start, at a point where the case on him had already been squashed, and it was enough to keep them out of the pairings and off the radar.

I was at L1 for over 7 hours. Do you really think a scum buddy in a Lovers game would risk that for so long. On top of that my role pm tells me I'm town. And since I know that I'm town the only reason a quick hammer hasn't occurred is bc you're scum.
Show

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Crazy »

7 hours really isn't a long time, and Empking had no posts on site between the time he voted for you and the time he voted for Mist.

Empking, can you clarify the reason you voted Mist on Page 2?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Crazy »

chk wrote:The second sentence sounded more like you supporting an OMGUS vote more than anything and that didn't sit well with me. Still doesn't, but I understand where you're coming from with Emp/C-Worl.

Oh, as for that, my point was just that if a townie votes another townie in LYLO, then scum can quickhammer. So if C-Worl was town, he might as well have just voted you, anyway, since from his perspective, if you were town, the game was already lost anyway.

For C-Worl, voting for you would have accomplished the same thing as voting for Fenchurch, with the added minor possibility of a you/Empking pairing. Voting for Fenchurch showed that he wasn't interested in any remote possibility that it was you/Empking. More than likely this was just an oversight on C-Worl's part, though, so I'm not taking it as a serious scum-tell.

I have to re-examine some things. Honestly, your sudden vote shift from C-Worl to me is hard to see coming from scum, since it didn't seem like Empking/C-Worl were going to budge from their Fenchurch lynch. So that's good for you.

Empking/C-Worl, why would chk-scum vote for me?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Fenchurch »

C-Worl wrote:
Fenchurch wrote:
C-Worl wrote:Most people a vote with out explanation would be scum but that's Emp's MO so I went back and looked and saw what was probably his reason.

What was the reason that you saw?

I already answered that.

Oh yeah, I looked back at this, and you really didn't answer it. Your answer is "because you entered the game" and that he voted Mist "cuz he can". Neither of those is a good reason.

Return to “Completed Open Games”