havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:47 am

Post by havingfitz »

Faraday wrote:Mike/Cecily right? None of you are scum?

Why do you say this?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Faraday »

I'm assuming it's game over, and hoping you'd have the courtesy to make it quick and painful if you were some sort of traitor scum with Bub.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Faraday »

EH, Bub would have hammered. We got this.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Faraday wrote:I'm assuming it's game over, and hoping you'd have the courtesy to make it quick and painful if you were some sort of traitor scum with Bub.

Likewise.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Where oh where's Rhinox tonight?
Why did he leave us here all alone?
I searched the game over and I think we found true scum.
But he didn't log in and PTHHP! we were stalled.

Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Cecily »

I'm town. goddamn you guys are impatient. rude. and sorry you think i'm content-less, I just honestly joined this game for something to break up my physics studies because they are draining but I don't have time to think out four page long posts.

If faraday is not scum I would be very surprised.

Neither mike nor bub hammered because neither of them are scum. I think there is one scum left, and we've been pushing too hard for a traitor when there could very well not be one. that scum hopped on my wagon too early and had to rely on everyone else to push it to a lynch. poor call. That's why it didn't happen earlier. that's why faraday is scum.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by Faraday »

l/a next few days.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

scene(s) incoming.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

Final Votecount of Day 4

Faraday (1) - Cecily
Bub Bidderskins (1) - mikemike778
mikemike778 (0) -
Setael (0) -
Cecily (3) - Setael, havingfitz, Faraday, Bub Bidderskins
havingfitz (0) -

not voting (0):

Cecily
had a rough week. So she decided to pack up the car and head to the cabin by the lake for the day. While she was gone, the rest of you started noticing how she was always spying on you and your neighbors and stuff. Only M.A.F.I.A. would care about whats going happening on other's properties. She must be the one preparing to kick you all out and build that shopping center.

By the evening when cecily returned, it was too late for her to change your minds. Since you had so long to think about it, you decided to do this the old fashioned way - the noose was already tied and hanging from the tree in cecily's front yard. She didn't put up much of a fight as the noose was placed around her neck. when the chair was kicked away, her neck didn't snap as intended. Instead, she hung there silently suffocating. In her last breath, she whispered, "I was only your neighbor...."

Cecily
, Vanilla Town,
Lynched the old-fashioned way
Day 4

Night fell. You all went to bed, except for
Faraday
. He spent the early night, wandering around the neighborhood, wondering what would happen next. Would this be the night it was all over?

He came across
havingfitz
, hiding in some bushes, acting all shady. fitz stepped out from behind the bushes and met Faraday head on. Seconds passed, but it seemed like hours. A gun was drawn, then a shot fired. A body fell to the ground.

As the life was fading from the body on the ground, he managed to catch a glimpse of his attacker heading into
mikemike778
's house. Inside the house, mike heard the door open as he was lying in bed. He heard the footsteps coming up the stairs. He saw the figure enter his room, with a gun in his hand. Terrified, mike trembled out a few words: "Are... are.. you gonna kill me?" The gun started to raise. Mike closed his eyes, knowing it was the end. Nothing happened. He opened his eyes and realized the figure was simply switching on the light. It took a few seconds for mike's eyes to come into focus. Then he saw, it was
Faraday
standing before him.

Faraday spoke to mike, "You idiot, I'm the one you've been helping all day! The M.A.F.I.A. is impressed with your actions here. You've helped us get the job done. fitz is dead, help me take out the rest of these fools and then we'll get this shopping center built, you and me."

The rest was a formality.
Bub
and
Setael
were murdered in their sleep. Their bodies along with fitz's and any other remains that could be found were buried deep under the land where the super shopping center would be built. A week later, ground was broke and the foundation was laid, sealing all evidence out of sight forever.

The End?

havingfitz
, Vanilla Town,
Shot in the head
Night 4

Bub Bidderskins
, Neighborized Vanilla Town,
Endgamed

Setael
, Vanilla Town,
Endgamed

Faraday
, Mafia Goon,
Survived and Won!

mikemike778
, Mafia Traitor Neighborizer,
Survived and Won!

Pine
, Mafia Goon,
Won post mortem.

And thats game. Mafia Wins, town loses. I'll post the full setup, night actions, answer any questions you guys have about the game, and post my thoughts later on.

Let the post game commence!
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:46 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Nice play Faraday. I never would have guess that you were fake-claiming.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:10 am

Post by havingfitz »

1) Fock
2) Nice job Faraday...did you know mikemike was a/the traitor?
3) mikemike...why didn't you hammer for the win the other day when you had the opportunity?
4) Cecily...I'm sure you are a very nice person but your play as town was terrible. If you don't have time to put into the game (ie to break up physiucs studies when you don't really have the time to commit) then don't do a disservice to those players/town who do have the time and put it into the game.
5) Fock

Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Setael »

I accept a lot of blame for this loss, mostly because of this:

Faraday wrote:
Setael wrote:Faraday, hypothetical question. if you were part of a 2-man scum team and neither you nor your partner had a PR, would you be confident that the town had no investigative role?

Yes. Why do you ask?

I should've pursued this. When he answered, I knew that was possibly the case. I dropped it partly because if it were the case, I didn't think he'd be so upfront and nonchalant about it.

I'm proud I caught both Pine and PT in my initial post, but ashamed I let Faraday charm me out of my read with his fancy believable fake claim and MS Paint presents. (And that Irish accent. I BLAME THE ACCENT).

Faraday wrote:I'd send you a voice clip apology post game, but yeah, i'd kill you.

*waits patiently*
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Pine »

Faraday, you sexy, sexy man.

I must learn from you. The cartoon was sheer brilliance.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Setael »

@ mod or whoever: How is 2 scum and a neighborizer traitor balanced by 1 vig and 1 neighborizer for town? I'm not experienced with setups but the reason we all assumed Faraday was telling the truth was we didn't think it was possible that was all we had.

Also, Faraday did you suspect mikemike was your traitor?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Pine »

We knew mikemike, he didn't know us.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Setael »

Pine wrote:Faraday, you sexy, sexy man.

I must learn from you. The cartoon was sheer brilliance.

Faraday teaches a class every Wednesday night at 11 pm est on Skype. It's called "Sexiness and Scum Tactics." Be there.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:11 am

Post by havingfitz »

Pine wrote:We knew mikemike, he didn't know us.

That would explain him not voting Cecily. Just enough uncertainty.

I made a big mistake/assumption in saying the only way Cecily could not be scum was if both Setael AND Faraday were scum (which I did not think was the case) after mikemike passed on a Cecily hammer. I was not factoring in the traitor option enough and the possibility the traitor would know scum but not vice versa.

The setup does seem a bit lopsided in favor of scum. It was definitely the main reason I accepted Faraday's claim. It fit in very well with the set up possibilities.

Did I mention "Fock!"

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Pine »

Umm, this was definitely not set up in favor of scum. Both actual Mafia were plain Goons, and the Traitor didn't know the identities of the Mafia. Had mikemike been a full Goon, then yeah, that'd be lopsided. This was simply a fairly mountainous setup with a dash of flavor.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:21 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Yep I was like you guys, I thought Cesily was likely to be my buddy - when she was logging in and not posting I thought she was looking for a chance to hammer. I was 99.99% sure Bub was town based on the QT and thought there was enough in his play to have a chance to get him lynched so figured I'd tunnel in there.

Re Bub - although you got the right guy, it was for the wrong reasons as pretty much everything I said I did was accurate. Eg. with Pine I was going to claim and buslynch him but instead did what I figured a town would do - ask Rhino what would happen and when he implied there would be no result, didn't claim. Ditto with the failed attempt on Jahudo.

Thanks for the win anyway Faraday :) Didn't particularly love my role as wasn't sure how to play it (was close to not neighboring anyone) but still not been lynched on this site yet so can't be doing that badly.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:29 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Setael wrote:@ mod or whoever: How is 2 scum and a neighborizer traitor balanced by 1 vig and 1 neighborizer for town? I'm not experienced with setups but the reason we all assumed Faraday was telling the truth was we didn't think it was possible that was all we had.

Also, Faraday did you suspect mikemike was your traitor?

I was neutral really for balance purposes. Couldn't do much to influence the game other than get in the way - was hard to mislead anyone as I didn't know myself and if Faraday was lynched we'd have lost.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Pine »

Note to self: PL the shit out of mikemike next game I play with him, he's never been lynched before.

Umm, in regard to my lynch. I apologize to my scumbuddies. I replaced into a scummy slot and felt that in order to make the transition smooth, I had to keep up the bold and brash manner Xalxe was playing, then gradually step it down. Hammering voided was just a bad, bad idea that I couldn't resist. I recall being very tired at the time and deciding "Screw it! He's going down, and I don't like what he just did when I'm Town, either." Well done to Setael, if it hadn't been for you I might have been able to pull out of that spiral.

PE: If mikemike had known who we were it would have been unbalanced. He really was something of a free agent this game, taking shots in the dark.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 7:26 am

Post by chkflip »

Ouch. Wish I would've played a better game.

Go scum.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Rhinox »

Yeah, the goons knew the traitor, the traitor didn't know the goons.

The town only needed to lynch the 2 goons to win, and all 3 scum would have lost. The town got 4 town controlled mis-kills before losing - lynching or vigging the traitor wouldn't have helped, but it wouldn't have hurt either.

mikemike got the unique role, being bother a traitor who didn't know the goons and a neighborizer. My intention was, the traitor would use the neighborizer ability to try to neighborize a goon. The 1-shot for both neighborizers only counted as a shot if they successfully created a neighbor. The neighborizer action happens last after night kills, so if a player the neighborizer targeted was killed, the neighborizer attempt would fail and thus not count as a shot. However, the 1-shot vig mechanic was such that it counted as a shot if you pm'ed me a target - if it failed, the shot was gone. Thats why I didn't want to answer the 1-shot mechanic questions. But hey, I'm a new mod, I can learn things too. Going forward, I'll have a policy of not answering questions about anything that would be included in a role PM. 1-shot mechanics, included in a role PM. Gunsmith mechanics, included in a role PM. role interactions I'm still up in the air about. Me answering about the tracker interaction expedited Pine's lynch it seemed, even though I don't see how my answer should have conflicted with what Pine said in-thread. I felt bad about that though. In general I felt like I was more involved than a mod should be in a game, and in future games I need to decide pre-game what questions I will and won't answer and how I will answer them, or just have a blanket "don't answer anything" rule.

I'll still post the full setup and role PM's later, and I think you guys will enjoy reading Faraday's monologue in the scum QT.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Pine »

It made me laugh quite a bit

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Setael »

mikemike778 wrote:Thanks for the win anyway Faraday :) Didn't particularly love my role as wasn't sure how to play it (was close to not neighboring anyone) but still not been lynched on this site yet so can't be doing that badly.

The fact that you were a neighborizer could've swung things in your favor. You could've neighborized probscum and if you guessed right you'd have been recruited as full scum. That this was a possibility and our roles were so useless... JUST LET ME BELIEVE IT WAS UNBALANCED.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”