Open 306: Lovers Mafia: Empking Checkmate (OVER)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Empking »

Crazy: I have faith in mods. Its just that simple.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:41 am

Post by chkflip »

Fenchurch wrote:chk, what are you thinking now? You said you don't have a clear scumread. What information do you need?

I'm thinking Emp/C-Worl without a doubt. It's a huge gambit they're doing with laying their votes on Fen early and hoping a townie would hammer, but it's not something I'd ever put past Empking.

They made me question my Fenchurch town-read several times, but I'm sticking strong to that after these last few pages of debate. C-Worl's IIoA in particular, as already pointed out, is silly beyond words.

Crazy wrote:@chk - What's holding you back from voting at the moment?

Y'know, I've been contemplating this for some time now. I (now) know you're town just like I know Fenchurch is town as you've both tried to execute a lot of scumhunting toDay, but I've been hesitant to make a mistake and cost town the game; however, there isn't much left here that I can do. I can't seem to think of any fresh avenues to explore. It's either Emp/C-Worl or we've lost imo.

Didn't mean to lurk, sorry, just took some time to think this through. I feel this is the best possible outcome.

VOTE: Empking
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:42 am

Post by C-Worl »

Crazy wrote:I should also note that I've been flip-flopping like crazy between which pair it is. Chk's recent lurking really isn't sitting well with me, either.

Although, I want you to vote Fenchurch (cuz he be scum) I respect you as a player for taking your time (assuming you're town) It's good for town that you're not rushing into a decision before you vote.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:52 am

Post by chkflip »

Nice AtE, but that's where my town-read comes from him as well so it's a fair point.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Crazy »

/confirm me not scum
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:13 am

Post by C-Worl »

Crazy wrote:/confirm me not scum

Any other questions you wish to ask us right now?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Ghostlin »

The room gets tense as the bottles of beer that have been broken over the bar, the pitched voices get shriller, and then calm, before the storm. You have divided into two camps on who will die tonight, is a MM member among them? Or will Ghostlin's Shell be destroyed by the factions that made war here in the fundamentalist war that's happed here today? One person so far has abstained, will he make the right choice (or is there a right choice to make)?

Not that there's pressure or anything.

VoteCount 2.3:

Fenchurch (2, L-1): C-Worl, Empking
Empking (2, L-1): Fenchurch, chkflip

Not Voting (1): Crazy

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch, and 3 to non-lynch.

Time in Game: 11:18 PM

Deadline for Hour 2: Wednesday, June 1st, Noon MST
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Crazy »

VOTE: Empking

I took a walk and thought it over. There seems to be more points leaning this way than towards Fen/chk. Hope I got it right. Tough decision.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:51 am

Post by C-Worl »

Crazy wrote:VOTE: Empking

I took a walk and thought it over. There seems to be more points leaning this way than towards Fen/chk. Hope I got it right. Tough decision.

You got it wrong.
Show

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Way to go Crazy!! <3 <3 <3
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Crazy »

Aww, crap. :(
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:10 am

Post by C-Worl »

Crazy wrote:Aww, crap. :(

This is why you're supposed to listen to me. It's cool though, we all learn over time. I'm just waiting on Ghostlin so I can officially update my sig to 2-4
Show

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by chkflip »

Good game, guys.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by C-Worl »

chkflip wrote:Good game, guys.

Yeah... go fuck yourself. (Jk <3)

Good game :)
Show

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by chkflip »

Hey man, you really had me pinned to the wall. I thought I shot myself in the foot for voting Empking; hell, voting you and then switching it to Crazy like that? I think my dumbmeta is one of the only reasons we won just now.

QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/9FesRB3hkAgYq
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by C-Worl »

If he had any knowledge of Emp and my meta he probably would have voted you since we take awhile to get used to (we're both very unorthodox) to be honest I was still holding on to some doubt that you were the last scum until you voted Emp. Once it became an L1 vs L1 situation it was clear that you were definitely Fen's partner.

You played the game astoundingly well. I wouldn't have gotten you if it weren't for Fenchurch (no offense but I there wasn't a doubt as far as Fen was concerned)

Though one of the reasons I figured it out is based highly that I was able to rule Empking out. I knew Emp was town so it made it easier to narrow down possibilities. Too bad that also made it appear that me and him were lovers.

Honestly, I can't blame Crazy either (236 sounded dickish) he acted like a townie should and really thought about it before hammering and I can respect that. Also, that's a lot of pressure for one townie that the game was in his hands so I think he played very well in the situation.

But yeah, that's enough from my soap box. Good job goes to the scum, they hath whippethed our candy asses.

Fin.
Show

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

The words no sooner leave Crazy's mouth; "I think it's Empking," then he's being strung up, choked for dead with more of the eomnipresent speaker wire.

You search Emp's body, his wallet, and everything else you can find. Condom in wallet, about $40, and a little Escascy, but no MM card. He wasn't a member of them.

Empking,
Vanilla Townie,
lynched Hour 2.

You turn around, surprised, to find Fenchurch and chkflip holding hands, making those kind of disguising googly eyes at each other.

"It went well, didn't it hun?"

"Yeah, darlin', it did." You hear two bangs, and that's the last thing you hear. The sound of gasoline hitting the floor, a freeze frame of a really bad anime translated clip "People die if they are killed," and a song playing in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U. And Ghostlin's Shell burns down as the lovers, victorious at last, stroll into the night.

A victory condition has been fulfilled, that means:

Crazy,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed.
C-Worl,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed.

That means Chkflip and Fenchurch,
Mafia Goon Lovers
, Win!

Hey guys...hope that was fun for you. Commentary to come. This is my first modded game, let me know how I did. Also, scum, let me know if you don't want me to post the QT.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:15 am

Post by C-Worl »

Ghostlin wrote:
The words no sooner leave Crazy's mouth; "I think it's Empking," then he's being strung up, choked for dead with more of the eomnipresent speaker wire.

You search Emp's body, his wallet, and everything else you can find. Condom in wallet, about $40, and a little Escascy, but no MM card. He wasn't a member of them.

Empking,
Vanilla Townie,
lynched Hour 2.

You turn around, surprised, to find Fenchurch and chkflip holding hands, making those kind of disguising googly eyes at each other.

"It went well, didn't it hun?"

"Yeah, darlin', it did." You hear two bangs, and that's the last thing you hear. The sound of gasoline hitting the floor, a freeze frame of a really bad anime translated clip "People die if they are killed," and a song playing in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U. And Ghostlin's Shell burns down as the lovers, victorious at last, stroll into the night.

A victory condition has been fulfilled, that means:

Crazy,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed.
C-Worl,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed.

That means Chkflip and Fenchurch,
Mafia Goon Lovers
, Win!

Hey guys...hope that was fun for you. Commentary to come. This is my first modded game, let me know how I did. Also, scum, let me know if you don't want me to post the QT.

They already posted it.
Show

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Yeah, I am happy with the quicktopic being revealed, and chk has already given the link I believe.

This was a very tight game. With the number of people tunnelling on me; or putting both of the scumteam as suspects; C-Worl's #158; Crazy going into endgame saying that he would probably end up voting for me; and that he didn't like chk's lurking just recently, I honestly wasn't expecting to see a win.

The whole "mod error" case I made at the start of the game is something I would've done as scum or town. I've seen modslips give clues away, and I'm not gonna pass up an opportunity to see if that's the case.

I'd say my screwups began with the Mist wagon. I'd been hoping to bounce off Crazy's reaction, but when he went AWOL I had to either find my own reason to cast the hammer, or risk the wagon moving elsewhere - potentially onto me for being unwilling to vote her. C-Worl was right when he suggested that I hammered to prove I wasn't Mist's partner.

Following that on Day 2, I regret interfering with the case on Crazy, in retrospect I was probably just making things difficult for us. I was trying to follow my town meta, and I now think that is a silly strategy as scum, especially since I have been lynched as town. I doubt anyone even checked meta, and if they had, it probably wouldn't have been that hard to defend against. If I'd left that case alone, or encouraged it, maybe we'd have had an easy Day 2 lynch. Although I was concerned that people might be put off by an strongly-supported wagon, since in a Lovers setup, there needs to be a buddy.

A missed opportunity, perhaps, was me or chk voting for each other early Day 1. That would have kept us out of Crazy's PoE pairings, and probably wouldn't have been too dangerous if we chose the right point. I thought that Emp's vote on C-Worl could have been a dealbreaker to my case on them, especially when I looked back through all the previous Lovers games and couldn't find a single case where mafia placed a vote on their buddy. Maybe next time...

Mist: Thanks for getting lynched Day 1! But really, I don't know if I have any comments or advice, besides working on your comprehension. It's hard to play with you when you don't seem to understand what people are saying.

Emp & C-Worl: It could have easily gone the other way in this game. I don't subscribe with your scumhunting methods (and would probably always find it scummy were I town), but in this case you did strike true. Your downfall was only at the end, trying to support it with false arguments or cyclical logic... I was almost believing my own case on you. :shifty:

Crazy: I'm sorry that we weren't on the same team after all. I like your playstyle, and hope maybe we will be in future.

chk: Sorry if I was a liability to you! This was my first proper game as scum, besides marathons. You played well, no faults that I could see.

Ghostlin: Solid, attentive modding. You reacted well to my opening gambit.

Overall, this was an interesting game, and I've enjoyed playing with a group of enthusiastic and active players. Thanks.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:01 am

Post by C-Worl »

Fenchurch wrote:
Emp & C-Worl: It could have easily gone the other way in this game. I don't subscribe with your scumhunting methods (and would probably always find it scummy were I town), but in this case you did strike true. Your downfall was only at the end, trying to support it with false arguments or cyclical logic... I was almost believing my own case on you. :shifty:

I'll agree with the last few points. I believe everything I say and do to be 100% logical but my way of thinking is so vastly different than everyone else that I have a real problem in that I always appear scummy. Which is why I don't blame Crazy for the loss. I'm personally just a scummy looking player and Empking's style frankly isn't any better. Had I not known his meta I would have voted for him.
Show

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Mod comments:

1) All of you were awesome. No replacements, no prods, and I think there was only one point in the game where I went 'what are they doing?' Which is great.

2) Both scum and town played well this game: Mist was indeed a easy lynch Hour 1, but it helped both factions equally. Mist: be sure to pay attention to the game, otherwise this'll happen. Fen was more likely to be scum than chk, but even then it ended in a hard, hard choice, because I could see at the end of the game C-Worl/Emp. Crazy, you did the best with the information you had.

3) Adore this setup--not only is it easy to mod, it forces hard choices from both sides of the equation, and keeps everyone guessing until the end. It really, really REALLY punishes bad play, particularly bad scum play. I could of shortened the deadlines by a week and the game wouldn't have suffered.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Great Game!! Sorry of my comprhension skills. IM 13 GODDAMMIT!!

I suspected fen a little. He seemed to be trying to hard to be town. Stupid of me not to say but just a gut feeling. Anyways who was going to listen?
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Mist7676 »

C-Worl wrote:
chkflip wrote:Good game, guys.

Yeah... go fuck yourself. (Jk <3)

Good game :)

THIS SO MUCH!
You Are Worth It
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Crazy »

Crazy wrote:So my vote today will probably end up going towards either Fenchurch or chk...

I should really listen to myself more... oh well.

Eh, it was a tough decision - and I went back and forth quite a bit. The main reasons I ended up deciding with my Empking vote were:

-Chk's vote switch towards me seemed unlikely to come from scum. He sounded like town that suddenly became convinced that I was obvscum. Kudos to chk for that, though I doubt my reaction was quite what he expected.
-C-Worl's arguments of "Empking wouldn't keep me at L-1 for 7 hours" and "Scum would have been able to quickhammer," were quite farfetched, which made me doubt his motives.
-When looking back, Empking's defense of C-Worl on Page 1 stuck out. Apparently it was just a coincidence.
-Empking and C-Worl's buddying up to me towards the end made me feel uncomfortable. Mainly Empking's "If you're smart, you'll vote Fenchurch" and C-Worl's Post #227.

The main points going the other way were:

-Empking's and C-Worl's buddying seemed to be more obvious than what scum would do. Fenchurch and chk had a more neutral attitude towards each other, which is what I'd expect more from scum.
-The mod's mistake about confirming made it more likely that C-Worl was town. (I've made this same mistake, Ghostlin, so don't worry. At least it didn't end up effecting the game)

So, anyway, good game. And congrats, scum. And I don't mean to blame anyone else for the town's loss; I'll definitely take my share of the blame. I just felt that I should explain my reasoning for the vote.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 12:10 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Crazy wrote:-Empking and C-Worl's buddying up to me towards the end made me feel uncomfortable. Mainly Empking's "If you're smart, you'll vote Fenchurch" and C-Worl's Post #227.

Hah, the funny thing is, when I saw these posts I was thinking "damn, wish I'd thought to say that!"

Return to “Completed Open Games”