Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Quilford »

I predicted being alive.

More likely than not it's mylo.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Duplicity »

I had a disagreement with G last night about optimal play today anticpating and expecting Quilfords death, I was stating that no lynching due to mylo would be optimal while he didn't trust Prosarus going into a lylo situtation, given the kill I have to agree with him though lynching today is the best way to deal with this.

Rhinox dying over Quilford increases my FoS towards Twistedspoon for the sole purpose of Quilfords strong defence of Twistedspoon, given how yesterday played out I see Rhinox reconisdering his reads entirely because they all were based around Maxous-scum whereas Quilford seemed to believe that Twisted was town regardless of anyone elses allignment or flip.

I'm going to need to do some thinking though because I'm having difficulty putting together potential partners, I'll have a conversation with G later but until then I want everyones thoughts on the night-kill.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

Well dup if we do decide to lynch today and this should be mylo as 3 scum in a 13 player game is pretty normal.
I was thinking of mass claim, however a part of me thinks no, if there is a doctor and we mislynch then it helps the scum for the win.

I would rather not out a possible doctor in the game and hope that we lynch correctly today then do a mass claim.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Quilford »

We can either nl and give the scum a free kill or we can massclaim, and then lynch

I like the latter
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Actually, I like the idea of mass-claiming right now as well.

Quilford, create a list of which order you want people to claim in.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Post by Quilford »

LL
Prosaurus
farside
Duplicity

we already know ts' claim and mine
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Duplicity wrote:
Rhinox dying over Quilford increases my FoS towards Twistedspoon for the sole purpose of Quilfords strong defence of Twistedspoon, given how yesterday played out I see Rhinox reconisdering his reads entirely because they all were based around Maxous-scum whereas Quilford seemed to believe that Twisted was town regardless of anyone elses allignment or flip.

but why Rhinox? Surely this could apply to anyone but Quilford? I don't really see what you're saying here. anyone but a quilford kill made me scummy? Surely even If I were scum I'd have still killed quilly as he is unlynchable. Please explain

anyways, the last point I would like to raise is my suspicion of prosaurus. I entirely expected quilly to die tonight, however I think Prosaurus is the player who, due to the least experience, would most likely leave a confirmed townie alive. I don't know, but I'll tell you I'll never forgive you all if prosaurus turns out to be scum after all this time, especially after his daytalk slip which could either be a genuine slip or a scum newb-town gambit

@mod
: was Locke still V/LA during the night phase?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I thought this post was included in my last, but obviously not
Quilford wrote:I predicted being alive.

More likely than not it's mylo.

why did you think you'd stay alive?
It's odd that you are since you're a confirmed townie, no?

anyways, massclaim is fine by me...

I think we should all have an idea what we imagine scum would claim in this position, but don't reveal it until post-massclaim when conclusions can be reached

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Quilford wrote:LL
Prosaurus
farside
Duplicity

we already know ts' claim and mine

am I to assume this is in order of most suspicious to suspicious, because that is how massclaim should be

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

What do people actually think the benefits are to mass-claiming here? As far as I can tell, it's very unlikely that we're going to have any verifiable night actions and so all it would do is help scum.

TS: I got back late Tuesday night, so I was here for part of the night phase. As for your Prosaurus point, unless you think that there's a two-man scum team, he would still have someone else with him suggesting a kill. Unless you think the scumteam are both inexperienced, in which case you're pointing the finger at yourself.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:31 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Locke Lamora wrote:What do people actually think the benefits are to mass-claiming here? As far as I can tell, it's very unlikely that we're going to have any verifiable night actions and so all it would do is help scum.

well we'll see

I think there's a potential for scum to be caught depending on claims, but I can't say anymore on that until we've all claimed

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Locke Lamora wrote: Unless you think the scumteam are both inexperienced, in which case you're pointing the finger at yourself.

:( I'm an IC

srsly though, I can't explain why quilly wasn't killed. However I'm still suspicious of prosaurus for that day-talk thing. You've sorta proved my point in a way that everyone but prosaurus is experienced, and so I wouldn't be surprised if they instructed prosaurus to do that daytalk slip thing to look more like newb town who don't understand how scum play and cannot possibly be scum

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:58 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Right, but in relative terms, it's not like Farside, Duplicity or myself lack experience. I'm not saying you're a newbie, but if your argument is that the scumteam were too inexperienced to realise that leaving alive a confirmed townie is a bad idea, you actually fit the bill better than any of us three. My guess is that the scum were either worried about a doctor blocking the Quilford kill, they thought Rhinox might be a PR/a bigger threat to their chances of victory than Quilford, or they were simply that confident that Quilford was not going to damage their chances of victory and wanted to confuse town with the kill.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

okay...
maybe I hadn't thought of the doctor-Quilford thing

anyways, I'd still like to bring up the Prosaurus-daytalk evidence again. I'm not willing to give him a free pass today and I'm hoping you're not going to too

also, Locke, are you claiming or not then? The majority of us seem to be in favour

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

If someone can tell me why massclaim helps town more than it helps scum, then I'll claim. Otherwise I don't see the need to.

As for the Prosaurus evidence, I didn't prove your point at all. I disproved your first point so you changed your argument to say he might have an experienced scumbuddy who told him to make a daytalk 'slip'.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

i didn't change my argument

I was re-reading the thread through the nightphase and it struck me as out of place
anyways, It's a better argument and would make sense, so why not use it

so do you have a town read on prosaurus?

~Screwtape
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 9:10 am

Post by neil1113 »

Twistedspoon wrote:
@mod
: was Locke still V/LA during the night phase?

Like Locke stated, he was partly V/LA through the night phase. He came back about halfway through.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 9:44 am

Post by farside22 »

mod: My computer at home is currently having monitor problems. I may at one point inexplicably disappear for a few days. We should get this fixed soon.

Noted. Thanks for telling me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

As I said today already I see a mass claiming helping scum more then town. If someone had info they should spill it. If there is a doctor mums the word.
If a doctor is in the game and we mislynch scum will just kill the doctor for the win.
That is if their is a doctor and if we mislynch.

TS: Your not making any sense here. Your WIFOM the death of Rhinox and basing that on Pro being a newb, wouldn't a scum buddy be more aware?
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Busy day yesterday. Not much to say, but massclaim sounds like a good idea.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Duplicity: who do you think is TS's buddy now that Maxous has flipped town? Why did you decide that NE/TS could be a bus but then later state that their interactions D1 didn't look like it was?

Farside: is TS still your number one suspect? What do you think the likely pairing is?

Prosaurus: why do you have nothing to say? Why do you think massclaim is a good idea? Why did you vote Farside yesterday, other than the reason that 'nothing's happening'?

TS: yes, a slight one. I don't think his play has been great but I don't think he's been doing anything that looks scum-driven either. Assuming Quilford's list is from scummiest to least scummiest, do you agree with those rankings? Given that we've already had two investigative roles claimed, why do you think massclaim might catch scum?

Something else has occurred to me reading back what I missed but I'll keep it under wraps until I get some reactions.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Locke Lamora wrote:
1) Assuming Quilford's list is from scummiest to least scummiest, do you agree with those rankings?
2) why do you think massclaim might catch scum?

1) no. I don't think you're these scummiest here. Farside and prosaurus should be above you in scumminess imo
2) I can't explain without ruining the purpose of the massclaim. scum would know what i'm expecting them to do

~Screwtape
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:42 am

Post by Duplicity »

Twistedspoon wrote:but why Rhinox? Surely this could apply to anyone but Quilford? I don't really see what you're saying here. anyone but a quilford kill made me scummy? Surely even If I were scum I'd have still killed quilly as he is unlynchable. Please explain

Rhinox wasn't suspected by anyone in the game and had no real chance of being lynched, therefore shooting him is actually a good shot from the mafia to be honest. On top of that he's a better scum hunter than Quilford and showed indication towards reassesing his reads whenever new information was presented. So yes, although Quilford is "Unlynchable" you shooting Rhinox prevented someone who wasn't going to get lynched and had the possibilty of pushing on you alive. Anyway. G seems to completly disagree with my read on you, he's confident in LL being scum and has promised me a discussion about it sometime in the next day or two.

Locke Lamora wrote:What do people actually think the benefits are to mass-claiming here? As far as I can tell, it's very unlikely that we're going to have any verifiable night actions and so all it would do is help scum.

The benefits include attaining reads based on how and what people claim, the benefits are slim sure, but the negatives are also minor. Even if mafia shoot at Quilford tonight assuming there's no doctor and there is we're still in a position where the same number of unclears would be alive. So yes, mass-claim is optimal.

Locke Lamora wrote:Duplicity: who do you think is TS's buddy now that Maxous has flipped town? Why did you decide that NE/TS could be a bus but then later state that their interactions D1 didn't look like it was?

I believe NE/TS IS a buss. G believes NE/TS is unlikely a buss due to their D1 interactions. The two different posts are from different heads. As for who I believe TS"s buddy is, to be honest I'm quite clueless and need to do a lot of re-reading.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Duplicity wrote:Anyway. G seems to completly disagree with my read on you, he's confident in LL being scum and has promised me a discussion about it sometime in the next day or two.

I assume you both talk in a QT about this game together?
Has G said who he suspects LL's partner is?
Duplicity wrote:As for who I believe TS"s buddy is, to be honest I'm quite clueless and need to do a lot of re-reading.

before you scamper off and do that, explain why so far you don't think any of the players would be suitable buddies for me, were I scum.

At the start of the day I was hoping to catch scum by the old 'scum always vote at the start of Mylo' tell but it seems like they're clever than that. hmm

~Screwtape
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 2:20 am

Post by Duplicity »

Twistedspoon wrote:I assume you both talk in a QT about this game together?
Has G said who he suspects LL's partner is?

1. We talk in a QT/MSN
2. No he hasn't, he just finished his finals a few days ago and promised more activity but I've infact seen less of him, assuming he's in celebration period which is fair enough.

Twistedspoon wrote: before you scamper off and do that, explain why so far you don't think any of the players would be suitable buddies for me, were I scum.

Would be more than willing to.

Farside/Twistedspoon - Doubt it because Farside would have known that NE was likely going to get lynched and wouldn't have had a problem with it, therefore would have kept her vote on NE rather than jumping of and casting suspicion on herself.

Locke/Twistedspoon - EA suggested that Twisted get vigged, unsure if he would ask for his partner to be vigged. His reaction to NE's defence and Twisteds posts throught D2 seem very natural and not scum vs scum.

Proasarus/Twistedspoon - Haven't even thought about this, but I still have a town-read on Pros thus I doubt this is the case, on top of that Twisteds push on Pros would be suicidal if it went through as scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”