The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

IS needs to start thinking clearer (and like a townie) or admit that he is scum.

Why am I alive? How come hider and jack of all trades didn't cross your mind? I distinctly recall you trying to pin my role down a bit yesterday and I mentioned both of those roles as possibilities. Either one could allow me to eat a nightkill attempt. If you really believe that I am the mafia, shouldn't you be wondering happened to the werewolf kill? The majority of the town thought darkdude was the werewolf, so there was no need for the werewolf to kill darkdude. So where did that kill go? Towards me? If so, you believe that the mod gave a member of the mafia a way to eat a nightkill from the opposing team?

Do you want to explain your logic as to how my being alive is a basis of a case for my being scummy? The current information the town has points to the opposite conclusion. Your two explanations form a really nice illogical scummy argument to attempt to lynch a town power role.

Anyway, if no one has any objections, I'm going to start a popcorn mass claim. I'll go first, naturally.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

I don't object. As I said before, I am eager to hear your full claim.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by vollkan »

Kanye wrote: Vote: vollkan

Yo Kanye. Imma let you vote me, but you still never got around to defending your case against one of the best rebuttals of all time.

Empking wrote:I'm planning on voting Volkan, he's still the best lynch.

Good idea. Why don't you quote your case against me, so that other people come on board?

Rufflig wrote:
Anyway, if no one has any objections, I'm going to start a popcorn mass claim. I'll go first, naturally.

No objections.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by Empking »

No objections
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:08 am

Post by The Rufflig »

I am a garden variety mason. My partner is Jeromus. My role pm specifically states that I know Jeromus is a townie.

Internet Stranger, your claim, please.
Don't Panic!
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:34 am

Post by jeromus »

SUP HOLMES.

Man, feels good to get THAT in the open air.

Also claiming mason (OTHERWISE COULD GET AWKWARD FOR RUFFLIG)

Yo Kanye. Imma let you vote me, but you still never got around to defending your case against one of the best rebuttals of all time.

Reference too good. Can't be scum.

But seriously, I think you may be scum. Or rather, if you were, short of not telling anyone in the game that you're a part of it - You couldn't have a better thing than points to hide behind. I'm short on leads on near anyone for just this moment, so I'm finding you most suspicious due to most potential to be.

Darkdude... His death makes me think "WHAT CAN WE DO WITH THIS".

But then I look at what I said just before lynch... About how his death will tell us the most..

Well, this is some tasty WIFOM you left next to the body, you trickster mafia bastards.
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:35 am

Post by jeromus »

^ of all time.
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Occult »

Vanilla Town, and the above makes me quite uncomfortable... I am also seeing possible bussing outta yeezy with volk, he jumps on volks wagon yesterday knowing that he could buss his partner without it leading to a lynch and then votes and quickly unvotes him today to make sure he got his point across...
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Me=Weird »

votecountThe Rufflig(1): Internet Stranger
Not Voting(6): Jeromus, The Rufflig, vollkan, Empking, kanyeknowsbest, Occult

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Day 4 deadline is on June 1st, in (expired on 2011-06-01 17:10:00).
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

So Rufflig, why all the drama about having some serious power role then? Hell, you were even still going at it up to the end there. Is that supposed to be some sort of convoluted trap that im still not getting? That being said, im still perplexed about the night kill. The doctor is gone, Rufflig claims to not be wearing superman's cape, so whats the deal?

I still fail to see how both Rufflig and Jeromus are still alive. You would assume that at least one would bite the bullet. Obviously one team shot Darkdude (and I cant figure out why!) or maybe both did. So where is the other kill? What im trying to get at here is the possibility that Rufflig and Jeromus are actually the mafia and somehow have a way of stuffing the werewolf kill. Maybe Bulletproof, roleblocker? If that was the case, then Rufflig and Jeromus must have the wolf figured out, otherwise that would be an extremely suicidal gambit. But then again, I figured that their claim yesterday was suicidal onto itself as it is and yet here they still are, why?

So assuming that Jeromus and Rufflig arent mafia (I can safely rule them out of wolfness at this point), that means that 3 of 4 of Vollkan, Empking, Occult and Kanye are scum. Holy shit, if we fail to lynch scum today we truly suck.

So whos it going to be?
Vollkan could be a wolf. Didnt vote RBT Day 1.
If Empking is a wolf, then that means he was going for a softbus on RBT, but got screwed when I jumped on and finished RBT off. I dont see any evidence that says that Empking cant be mafia though.
As Occult pointed out, Kanye is playing games with Vollkan.

I did an ISO on Occult and he seems to hem and haw a lot. He did it on Day 1 and finally put something down when RBT was at L-1 and I was at L-2. He essentially calls me a bully and scum and spins a conspiracy theory over Empking and I (Im coaching Empking apparently), says a few soft words on RBT, calls her a lurker and then votes for her.

Its risky, but its quite likely after all that this was a bus. The wagon on me was going to start losing momentum. It took Rufflig and Jeromus to glob on to keep it from losing steam (nice pick there, boys), so whos to say what would happen if Occult put the vote on me then suddenly had to backtrack. RBT wasnt going to be much help the rest of the game anyways after I flipped town, she would have likely been a Day 2 target, so why not gain town cred with bus and coast?

Which is what Occult seems to be doing. Coasting. Further looking at Occult reveals a patter of coasting. His opinions, although lengthy, seem to be carefully orchestrated to remain extremely neutral. He did the same thing on Day 2 with the Griddle lynch. Pretended to think deeply about the subject matter until finally going "aw shucks" and plunking the vote on McG. Oh hey, Occult HAMMERED McG too.

Day 3, a lot more coasting. Im starting to see a pattern here. I think im onto something here and the odds are very good that he could be from either scum faction at this point. So unless Rufflig and Jeromus are going to assrape us with this mason claim gambit, I think its most possible that Occult is a very possible scum.

Im upset because my best lead is a dead townie and my next two scummiest are claiming masons. Which would explain why they are acting like all symbiotic. Rufflig and Jeromus are either masons or mafia scum. This is almost like starting over at this point. But, out of everyone, Occult seems the most like he is hiding something.

Unvote: Rufflig
Vote: Occult
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

The Rufflig wrote:Internet Stranger, your claim, please.

*Ahem*
Don't Panic!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Whatever, there is no point in claiming. All it will do is reveal all the power roles for the scum to kill. We already have it narrowed down to 3 of 4 being scum, so what's the point?

I never claim out of principle anyways.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Internet Stranger in mini #1148 wrote:DONT YOU PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. You dont even know what I have planned for my investigation.

And yet you do.
Don't Panic!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Since youre digging up past games, you also missed the other time ever that I claimed as well.

That one you linked is from spare me mafia, I was counterclaiming as scum because I would have died if I hadnt due to the unusual game mechanic. So thats a special circumstance.
The first time there was some mini where I was a roleblocker and I roleblocked the scum on the last day, so I claimed to finish the game off. I wish I could take that one back despite winning as town, I really didnt need to claim.

But this mass claim nonsense? It only really benefits the scum to narrow down power roles. The town is not going to gain any useful information from it. Claims can easily be falsified anyways. If we go along with my conspiracy theory that you and Jeromus are actually the mafia, wouldnt this be an awesome opportunity to narrow down the targets at night? You may or may not already know who the werewolf is. Maybe youre looking to find an additional power role or maybe youre looking for that last wolf and eliminate the competition.

I dont need to go through such shenanigans. I just lynch whoever is looking scummiest. In fact Rufflig, your behavior has been scummy since day 1, but youre staving off lynches due to the half claim yesterday and the apparent claim today. I just need some sort of evidence that youre lying and I wouldnt switch my vote off you. The fact that both you and Jeromus survived the night somehow is suspicious in my opinion. The fact that there is only one kill and not two also adds to that suspicion.

But despite that, taking your claim at face value, my chances of lynching scum are still decent enough due to Occults behavior. If he is mafia, then youre clear and I will follow your lead to eternity (within reason). If he is wolf, then great! 1/4 chance of him telling the truth and that he is indeed town? 3/4 chance of nailing a scum? Thats good enough for me, for now.

No opinion on Occult, btw?
Show

The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

To be honest, I only looked at the 1 game.

My opinion on Occult hasn't changed. Quite frankly, your words carry very little weight with me right now.
Don't Panic!
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by jeromus »

IS - I'd be pretty bloody suspicious if there WASN'T doubt about our claim. Geez, I feel like I'm disagreeing with my wife in public here (Rufflig, I'm sorry, honey...But I'm a person too) but I'm feeling what you're saying about Occult, IS - REREAD AHOY.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

votecountOccult(1): Internet Stranger
Not Voting(6): Jeromus, The Rufflig, vollkan, Empking, kanyeknowsbest, Occult

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Day 4 deadline is on June 1st, in (expired on 2011-06-01 17:10:00)
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by vollkan »

Jeromus wrote:
But seriously, I think you may be scum. Or rather, if you were, short of not telling anyone in the game that you're a part of it - You couldn't have a better thing than points to hide behind. I'm short on leads on near anyone for just this moment, so I'm finding you most suspicious due to most potential to be.

The points system doesn't let me "hide". All it really does is tie my reasoning directly to my vote.

IS wrote:
Which is what Occult seems to be doing. Coasting. Further looking at Occult reveals a patter of coasting. His opinions, although lengthy, seem to be carefully orchestrated to remain extremely neutral. He did the same thing on Day 2 with the Griddle lynch. Pretended to think deeply about the subject matter until finally going "aw shucks" and plunking the vote on McG. Oh hey, Occult HAMMERED McG too.

Day 3, a lot more coasting. Im starting to see a pattern here. I think im onto something here and the odds are very good that he could be from either scum faction at this point. So unless Rufflig and Jeromus are going to assrape us with this mason claim gambit, I think its most possible that Occult is a very possible scum.

IS+5

Vote: IS

Pure conspiracy argument. Occult has been somewhat quiet, but not unreasonably so. All you are doing here is taking the fact that he is quiet and has been somewhat uncertain to spin a narrative in which he is scum.

IS wrote:
But this mass claim nonsense? It only really benefits the scum to narrow down power roles. The town is not going to gain any useful information from it. Claims can easily be falsified anyways. If we go along with my conspiracy theory that you and Jeromus are actually the mafia, wouldnt this be an awesome opportunity to narrow down the targets at night? You may or may not already know who the werewolf is. Maybe youre looking to find an additional power role or maybe youre looking for that last wolf and eliminate the competition.

MC is often useless, but in late-game it is rarely harmful. It's also an important means of binding scum to a particular claim, to prevent LYLO fakeclaim gambits if scum get desperate.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Ok big shot, whats the difference between a "LYLO fakeclaim gambit" vs a "day before LYLO fakeclaim gambit" that Rufflig and Jeromus could be pulling?

While we are at it Mr Points Man, care to explain how can you possibly only be assigning points to me and not anyone else? Does no one get lurker points? Does Rufflig and Jeromus not get any sort of +? for a possible fakeclaim? Or is that a -? for the claim? No points for Kanye after he besmirches your character? No points for hell, anyone else?

Looks to me like you been padding your numbers as a cheap excuse, so you have a dubious reason to throw a vote my way. And yet you have the gall to get all upset when we call you out on that silly system of yours. You sure are going out of your way to defend Occult now. Did I strike a nerve Vollkan? Maybe the mafia arent Rufflig and Jeromus. Maybe its you Vollkan and Occult. Or are you a wolf trying to make yourself look good? Maybe youre just a delusional townie thats simply all impotent because you have nothing to show for yourself except some arbitrary system that simply cant get the job done when it counts?

Go ahead Vollkan, keep defending Occult. Please tell me, what are all the good points about Occult that you find so redeeming? What about him is so good and wholesome and townie that it makes him drop points on your little chart like a cheap hooker drops her panties? I am even willing to let you take your time with that one, youre going to have to dig real deep to find those shameful excuses that you had to conjure like a cheap magician to be able to drop points on Occult. Perhaps you have been doing this all along. Perhaps you been covering up for Occult all game. Certainly makes sense, I do recall you cheerleading for him before.

So whats the opinion of Occult other than the "he is a generic good guy" routine?
Show

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by vollkan »

IS wrote:
Ok big shot, whats the difference between a "LYLO fakeclaim gambit" vs a "day before LYLO fakeclaim gambit" that Rufflig and Jeromus could be pulling?

Off the top of my head: time to debate, more players alive to scrutinise, and another night in which a fakeclaim can potentially be refuted.

IS wrote:
While we are at it Mr Points Man, care to explain how can you possibly only be assigning points to me and not anyone else? Does no one get lurker points? Does Rufflig and Jeromus not get any sort of +? for a possible fakeclaim? Or is that a -? for the claim? No points for Kanye after he besmirches your character? No points for hell, anyone else?

1) I don't think lurking is a scumtell, so by definition I don't give lurker points.
2) As for Rufflig and Jero, I emphasise that my system tracks
behavioural tells
. It is not affected by claims.
3) As for Kanye, I am interested in who is scum, not who insults my honour.

IS wrote:
Looks to me like you been padding your numbers as a cheap excuse, so you have a dubious reason to throw a vote my way. And yet you have the gall to get all upset when we call you out on that silly system of yours. You sure are going out of your way to defend Occult now. Did I strike a nerve Vollkan? Maybe the mafia arent Rufflig and Jeromus. Maybe its you Vollkan and Occult. Or are you a wolf trying to make yourself look good? Maybe youre just a delusional townie thats simply all impotent because you have nothing to show for yourself except some arbitrary system that simply cant get the job done when it counts?

Go ahead Vollkan, keep defending Occult. Please tell me, what are all the good points about Occult that you find so redeeming? What about him is so good and wholesome and townie that it makes him drop points on your little chart like a cheap hooker drops her panties? I am even willing to let you take your time with that one, youre going to have to dig real deep to find those shameful excuses that you had to conjure like a cheap magician to be able to drop points on Occult. Perhaps you have been doing this all along. Perhaps you been covering up for Occult all game. Certainly makes sense, I do recall you cheerleading for him before.

I don't think I have ever been cheerleading for Occult. My point is simply that your case against him is conspiratorial guff.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 5:02 pm

And yet your whole basis for voting for me is a bunch of arbitrary "conspiratorial guff" anyways. Bravo Vollkan, you continue to wield that point system like the giant deflection shield of denial. I'm here scumhunting and putting cases together on those very same "behavioral tells" that you continue to aggrandize, yet somehow no one else seems to accrue these said points. Why is that. Vollkan? Scum traits are generally fairly universal, why is it that your pitchfork and torch is pointed at the one person that's actually making an efforet to hunt down the scum here?

Why is it all about IS? Is Occult not playing as well? Shouldn't you be going back and unearthing statements about him that you can use to pad your numbers? Don't you realize that the more he lurks, the less thing you have to assign points to? Your system is flawed vollkan. Your buddy Occult can lurk all day and night and the more I point it out the more points you're going to assign to me? The point is to focus on Occult and at least have a topical eye pointed his away instead of this point system chainsaw defense proxy-OMGUS defense that you might be trying to employ here.

I say Occult is scum, and the more crap you continue to hurl my way the more convinced of his scummyness I shall be.
Show

kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

vollkan: You keep saying you are responding to my concerns, but you haven't done a thing to alleviate my uneasiness with you vollkan. Let me put it this way: you scum hunting does not seem genuine to me. You keep throwing points at IS who, on the other hand, seems quite genuine in his scum hunting. I don't agree with the points you give him, and you claim you are not tunneling. You claim that scum tells persist the entire game, but you have yet to give any retroactive points. There is a mountain of things that could potentially be seen as scummy that you ignore in favor or quoting IS's latest post and giving him 5-10 points. The more time I spend thinking about your play, the more I want to say that you are scum.

Rufflig/Jeromus: Here is my problem with your claim: You did nothing to associate yourselves with each other in the first two days that we could look back on with knowledge that you are masons and see, "Oh, looks he's bread crumbing his partner for us here." The only time you even mention each other in the first two days is with Rufflig's soft defense of Jeromus. Why?
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Also I have to disagree with your cheerleading point. The only interaction between vollkan and Occult all game has been Occult criticizing vollkan's system and vollkan briefly replying.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

I've been pondering the werewolf nightkill for awhile now and I'm assuming the werewolf didn't select his kill randomly. The only reason I can come up for a darkdude kill by the werewolf was that he thought darkdude was part of the mafia. With that in mind, I suspect the werewolf was voting for darkdude or in favor of a darkdude lynch. Which boils down to I don't think vollkan is the werewolf.
-----
Day 1 end wrote:
Elsa von Spielburg(1)
: vollkan
Internet Stranger(5):
darkdude,
Jeromus,
Riceballtail,
The Rufflig,
McGriddle

Riceballtail(7)
: Empking, Internet Stranger,
HezLucky, charter, Elsa von Spielburg
, kanyeknowsbest, Occult

day 3 end modified wrote:Internet Stranger(3): vollkan,
darkdude,
The Rufflig

darkdude(5)
:Internet Stranger, Occult,
Jeromus
, Empking, kanyeknowsbest

Ok, IS. See that wagon on you day 1? You were placed at L-2 with a wagon containing 1 scum on it. That wagon on day 3? L-2 with at most 1 scum and possibly 0 scum. This doesn't prove you are scum, but it does prove that there is a lot of suspicion about you
from the town.
You are not coming off as townie as you try and proclaim. Continuing to insist that there is no case or valid suspicions against you is ludicrous at this point. Also, I would really appreciate it if you don't bring up your role in the rbt lynch again. That lynch only proves that you aren't likely to be werewolf - it doesn't prove you are townie and it doesn't prove you aren't mafia.
-----
@kanye: Because I didn't want to draw attention. I've become pretty good at picking up breadcrumbs both as town and as scum - I assume there are others equally adept if not more so in any game I am in. Breadcrumbs are inherently risky. Breadcrumbing that we are a two person team in a game with a pair of scummy two person teams and where everyone is looking for two person teams to kill didn't seem like a good idea.
Don't Panic!
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by jeromus »

We've had next to no QT chatting, really. Rufflig's power out was as Night (2?) started, so we got no QT time that night to discuss jack!@#$, let alone the less inappropriate option of breadcrumbing.

Also, it just never occurred to me to breadcrumb. Seems fairly purposeless to me, really.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”