Newbie 1086 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

2nd vote count of day 4:

TOGTFO - 2 (MagnaofIllusion, Space Pope)

Not Voting: (projectmatt, TOGTFO)

With 4 alive it's 3 to lynch

Day 4 shall end no later than Wednesday, June 1st at 2pm CST
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:07 am

Post by projectmatt »

..Dammit.

I could end this right now, but I'm going to go for one last read on MOI in case I missed something vital. Forgive me. I just like to make sure that I don't miss something big. TOGTFO, I'm giving you more time to plead why I shouldn't hammer on you right now. Speak up.
TOGTFO
TOGTFO
Goon
TOGTFO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:59 am

Post by TOGTFO »

I have nothing more to add. MOI is simply a better player then me.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:30 am

Post by projectmatt »

Well, if you are town, that is quite the cop out.

Here's what I think. I think that Space Pope's mind is already changed and that my choice won't be swayed. I think that hammering is the only option right now. Sorry if I'm wrong, and if MOI\Space Pope is scum, very well played.

VOTE: TOGTFO
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:34 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

And that's the hammer ....

GG everyone. Town victory is sweet.

I'm fairly impressed with everone taking their time in MYLO after the decision to lynch today.

I'll have my other official IC comments after Zach finalizes our Victory.

Good effort TOGTFO - altough you stumbled at the start of today I think you did the best job you could with recovering. Hopefully it will be a good learning experience for your next round as scum.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Final vote count of day 4:

TOGTFO - 3 (MagnaofIllusion, Space Pope, projectmatt)

Not Voting: (TOGTFO)

With 4 alive it's 3 to lynch

Day 4 shall end no later than Wednesday, June 1st at 2pm CST
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The day's discussions stall for a time, and then suddenly restart again with all the fingers pointing at TOGTFO. He sighs and resigns to his fate quickly, and is hung to the celebration of everyone in the town. The celebration ends quickly when the search of his body comes up negative. Everyone begins to wonder if they will ever wake up from their next night of sleep...

TOGTFO
(Vanilla Townie)
lynched day 4

Deadline for night actions is Sunday, May 19th at 3pm CST though given the circumstances, I would like it if you didn't wait that long.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Zachrulez »

... but night never came for the remaining members of the town, before they could take a single step toward their house, MagnaofIllusion reigned a storm of hot lead into their bodies with his trusty gun. The order of death was very methodical, Magna made sure that his first shot hit the doctor Projectmatt so that he would not be able to protect Spacepope from his inevitable fate. After the smoke clears from his gun, Magna is the only remaining player alive, and he just calmly walks away from the carnage and enjoys his newfound control over the town... as well as some peace and quiet.

Projectmatt
(Town Doctor)
Killed night 4
Spacepope
(Vanilla Townie)
Killed in endgame

Congragulations to the mafia team of MagnaofIllusion and JasonT1981 for their victory!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 8:58 am

Thanks to Zach for running a smooth and entertaining game. Good work.

I'll be posting full thoughts, both from an IC and a Mafia perspective, later when I have time to reflect.

I have no issues with the Mafia QT being posted.

I will just say one thing
- the look on my face when Day 3 opened with no death would have been priceless to capture. SpacePope's gambit caught me completely off-guard.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Setup as drawn with original players

Doc only:

mafia goon:MagnaofIllusion (IC)
mafia goon:David Xanatos

doctor:projectmatt

vanilla town: Runner (SE)
vanilla town:Mogri
vanilla town:matthewburke47
vanilla town:Hazard with a Glove (SE)
vanilla town:Sisterman
vanilla town:ZengarZombolt

Night actions:

N1

Projectmatt protects TOGTFO
MagnaofIllusion kills Darkcoffeejazz

N2

Projectmatt protects Space Pope
MagnaofIllusion kills Space Pope (Failed due to protection.)

N3

Projectmatt protects MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion kills Stefunny

N4

Projectmatt protects Space Pope
MagnaofIllusion kills Projectmatt

Scum QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/ip5aKVnfny5R
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 9:04 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I was angry at first of the fake cop claim, but well done. I would have been more angry if I was town and it backfired... anger was more though on being caught more than anything... fake claiming as town is something I am not big on but well done.

I saw no kill and thought WHAT THE F**K and I think my face was probably like MOIs when seeing it.

I am sorry to MOI, my play was not the best but well done on salvaging it and beign able to distance from me so well. good game all, thanks Zach!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

I will just say one thing
- the look on my face when Day 3 opened with no death would have been priceless to capture. SpacePope's gambit caught me completely off-guard.

You should have seen my reaction when Jason self hammered back on day 2 after that gambit.

I felt bad for you, because no reasonable person could have ever seen that one coming in your position.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 9:18 am

Post by projectmatt »

Ugh.

What a shocking ending. I'm pretty frustrated that TOGTFO ended up being town and even more annoyed that I wasn't able to catch MOI, but I must congratulate him for that awesome scum play. Wonderfully done.

I'm happy I was able to catch Jason in his tracks (though my reasoning was pretty weak, he just kind of stuck out to me), I obviously screwed up today. This is my first game here, and I'm still trying to figure out how the site meta differs from any other mafia site. Are there any suggested improvements you guys have for me? I'll be joining another game after this and I'm hoping there's some tips you have so I can do better.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 9:19 am

Post by projectmatt »

And yes, thanks for the quick modding, Zach. It helped the game a lot.
TOGTFO
TOGTFO
Goon
TOGTFO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 9:48 am

Post by TOGTFO »

Oh well...
Space Pope
Space Pope
Townie
Space Pope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Space Pope »

Damn, I knew it. I just saw TOGTFO's play to be scummier, which outweighed the fact that TOG would have had to attempted to kill a cop when he should have known there was a doc and MoI's wanting to lynch me but not before others posted.

Comments for TOG- You need to post more, and when you make a scum/town list you need to post reasons. When I saw that the day before, I thought you put jason-scum in an easy position to bus and defend at.

Matt- I thought you were scum up until jason self hammer. I thought you were a bit too tunneled and you tunneled on someone I felt was town (doubly whammy). However, you managed to find scum and was able to get him lynched (albeit with help of scum bussing) and you did not replace out. When I mod my next game, you are more than welcome to join if you keep this up :)

MoI- Your welcome ;) gave you an easy slide for a bit until the last day, though you probably didn't need it. The bussing of Jason seemed like a genuine cop/guilty result (which I'm betting was your intention in case a doc flipped/claimed).

The gambit failed, unfortunately, in two respects. 1) It didn't give me any information on Matt like I hoped. 2) I didn't think through to the fact about a scenerio where a scum could counter counter claim me once they knew there wasn't a cop in the game. The reason why I did it was because I thought it was safe from a quick hammer as there was only the lynchee, myself (who had no intention of hammering), and matt who put the lynchee at L-1 (I would have backed out once I got the reaction I was looking for or until I thought someone else might get on), and that on the off chance that someone gets on and hammers, a real cop would have been dead if left alive (if there is a cop/doc the cop would be RB'd if there was no doc, would be NK'd) either by the town (scummy cop who can't get a result) or by scum. I did not think jason was scum and that he would hammer himself. Hell, I was even more surprised that I was alive come the next day (I was already looking at joining another game).

All in all, GG scum, and thanks for modding Zach!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Fake claiming a power role as a townie tends to be disastrous in the F11 setup. (And in general) You lucked out in two respects in that you drew the right setup for the claim, and that the scum you countered decided to help you out.

One of the most fascinating aspects of your claim which by all rights should have crashed and burned IMO is that because Jason DID hammer himself, it resulted in Magna believing that the cop setup was in play instead of the doctor setup, which resulted in you being doc protected and subsequently saved from the kill.

Regardless of the outcome, I don't encourage that type of gambiting in future mafia games.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:20 pm

Thoughts on the game

Overall I don’t have too much in the way of constructive criticism to give. Town played overall a pretty good game. Certainly at a higher level than I have seen in other Newbie games I’ve played in (an this only applies to the true Newbies … SEs are exempt from this pool that I am using to judge).

Specific advice / thoughts I can give

TOGTFO / Jerako
– The biggest thing I see that you both shared as an area of improvement is activity. Day 3 was critical to the success of Town to have an active Townset. More activity is better, all things being equal.

TOGTFO
– Your play Day 4 really was good. You were willing to open your eyes and re-assess when things didn’t make sense. You, however, needed to fight harder. As Town you know that your mislynch spells a loss for Town. Even if it was a doomed effort you should have fought harder to get either SpacePope or myself lynched.

Mogri
– If you are still around reading this … you played a good game from an instinct basis. You properly picked up on Jason and my partnership Day 1. If anything you need to hone your case building skills. Your manner of presenting how everyone was wrong in suspecting you was a little too condescending. Listing how each and every point was a fallacy from Wikipedia wasn’t convincing.

Darkcoffee
– Other than suggesting a little higher activity rate no issues. You were killed for a reason.

Project
– You did a good job holding your own throughout the game, especially when under pressure Day 1 and Day 2. If anything be a little more confident in your instincts.

--

I think Zach has done a great job explaining why a fake-cop claim was a bad idea from SpacePope. It almost worked out but had Jason gone back at Space I feel we might have been able to mislynch him Day 2 instead of Jason. Which isn’t a good outcome when it helps solidfy a fake-Cop claim.

To all three of you in MYLO
– I’m not going to quibble with the fact that you accepted lynching in MYLO since the result would have been a dead Project.

I will say that each of you was asking the right questions (did the scum know the set-up, assessing that I could be fake-claiming) but just didn’t push enough. Honestly there is no way that there could be a role-blocker in the set-up when fake-claiming Space was the NK target. My cop claim didn’t stand up to close scrutiny. Which is why I never pushed SpacePope as a suspect Day 4 … the more it was discussed the more my story would become more and more implausible.

Here’s the scum QT – Jason didn’t mention any qualms about posting it.

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/ip5aKVnfny5R

It isn’t very long but should hopefully help you understand how Jason and I played our game.

Thanks again to Zach for modding and thanks to everyone for making my first Newbie game experience as an IC a memorable one.

Stefunny
Stefunny
Goon
Stefunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Stefunny »

I am extremely impressed with the scum team this game.
Sad my side didn't win, but very impressed. It did occur to me that there may only be one PR, but well, I was dead before I really thought about it. I followed along quite a bit as I really wasn't sure who scum was even down the end. MOI did a great job as scum.
The Space Pope nk night was really really funny. I figured there was no way scum would have No killed in that situation despite how beneficial it might have been (Although that's something to remember for future reference!) The number of fake claims in this game exceeds any game I've played thus far and kind of exposed me to a whole new aspect of the game.

Congrats Jason and MOI,
@MOI: Any thoughts on my play? I'm attempting to change the way I play, the biggest problem I have is that I get NK'd early because I'm too town or I get lynched last because I'm too town. Hahaha.
Show
Founding Member of the
U
n
i
c
o
r
n
Brethren

Spoiler: (best spoiler ever)

"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Mogri »

Oh man, who called that? I did. I totally did.

Nice playing, MOI.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 7:54 am

Stefunny wrote:@MOI: Any thoughts on my play? I'm attempting to change the way I play, the biggest problem I have is that I get NK'd early because I'm too town or I get lynched last because I'm too town. Hahaha.

I had to look back to really get a feel. Given you replaced into a lurker slot a more active play-style would have been probably more benefical to Town. Overall I don't see anything directly bad at all about your play.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”