Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Duplicity wrote:
Would be more than willing to.

Farside/Twistedspoon - Doubt it because Farside would have known that NE was likely going to get lynched and wouldn't have had a problem with it, therefore would have kept her vote on NE rather than jumping of and casting suspicion on herself.

Locke/Twistedspoon - EA suggested that Twisted get vigged, unsure if he would ask for his partner to be vigged. His reaction to NE's defence and Twisteds posts throught D2 seem very natural and not scum vs scum.

Proasarus/Twistedspoon - Haven't even thought about this, but I still have a town-read on Pros thus I doubt this is the case, on top of that Twisteds push on Pros would be suicidal if it went through as scum.

so surely, since none of these pairings make much sense as you've just shown us, then surely the obvious conclusion is that the remaining 2 scum is a pairing that does not involve me.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

also, do you mind If I explain why your rhinox NK theory isn't working for me?

~Screwtape
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Duplicity »

Twistedspoon wrote:so surely, since none of these pairings make much sense as you've just shown us, then surely the obvious conclusion is that the remaining 2 scum is a pairing that does not involve me.

Which is exactly why I want to re-read.
Twistedspoon wrote:also, do you mind If I explain why your rhinox NK theory isn't working for me?

Not entirely sure what you mean but if I were to take a guess it would be: "Why doesn't the Rhinox NK theory make me town?"

If that's what you mean it's becuase Quilford has shown that he isn't willing to rethink his read of you and is insistant on you being town, thus him being alive moves the likelihood of you being lynched close to zero.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Duplicity wrote: So yes, although Quilford is "Unlynchable" you shooting Rhinox prevented someone who wasn't going to get lynched and had the possibilty of pushing on you alive.

no, this part

you were saying I killed Rhinox because of what you say here. However you're saying I had a (and the strongest in your opinion) motive to kill Rhinox, but Rhinox seemed far more suspicious of yourself (and other players) than he did of me. If anything, a Rhinox death is more likely to have come from you. Let's look at his ISO if you're cool with that

Rhinox wrote:
Duplicity wrote:I'm fairly happy with the hammer, if Maxous flips scum
TS
Duplicity needs to be looked into deeply.

FTFY
suspicion of yourself (albeit strengthened by a maxous scum flip)
Rhinox wrote:I'm mostly considering maxous, duplicity, and farside.

so both you and farside would have also had a motive then? More than me it looks like from this post
Rhinox wrote:
Anybody who thinks TS is scum better have a damn good reason other than a baseless accusation that they were bussing.

isn't this your argument on me mate?
Duplicity wrote:
I believe NE/TS IS a buss.

is all you really have seem to have said

anyways, back to the ISO

Rhinox wrote:Why are we even talking about TS today? We shouldm't even be considering lynching him today. If he's still alive in LyLo, then we can argue whether or not he's scum.

okay, I shall admit that some points like this one do seem to be in your favour slightly, since I don't want to appear to be cherry-picking his ISO
I think this quote basically sums up your reason for why I would want to kill, Rhinox correct? (As well as the fact that you seem to think I've hypnotised Quilford to have a permanent town read on me or something like that)

Conclusion: Duplicty may be correct in that I may have had some motive for wanting to be rid of Rhinox since he said that he would consider my alignment again in lylo. However, Rhinox was just as suspicious, if not more so, of Duplicity & others and therefore this logic points to the conclusion that I am scum just as much as the rest of Rhinox's suspects

therefore the Rhinox death is pretty much a null tell all around

anyawys, I want to hear from Prosaurus

~Screwtape
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 3:56 am

Post by farside22 »

LL wrote:Farside: is TS still your number one suspect? What do you think the likely pairing is?

My problem with TS is day 1. I can't shake that feeling. Problem is there is no one I really see being scum with him.
I do need to do a reread and I called in sick today. If I feel better later today I'm going to try and get through a reread and determine what I can of each person.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Duplicity: so in essence it's not that massclaiming is likely to be of any major benefit to the town, you just don't think it's particularly detrimental either? If this was a theme with flavour and potentially unusual mechanics I'd be more inclined to hear some claims, but in all honesty I don't see what we're going to get out of them from a normal. In my book there's one clear advantage scum could gain, against a few negligible points for town.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:30 am

Post by farside22 »

LL: Who are you scum suspects currently?
Same question to Pro.

The one person I find the most town in this game is the dup/oso, with obv town Quilly.

I have 3 people I'm looking into that means and something I recall stuck in my craw.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

farside22 wrote:
The one person I find the most town in this game is the dup/oso, with obv town Quilly.

talk about duplicity/oso then

~Screwtape
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:41 am

Post by farside22 »

NE: push early on day 1 on Oso then fallowing off it without much reason. Dup's questions on day 2 of TS and not following an easy wagon and finally I know I'm town, he could have pushed for my lynch day 3 and follow up with maxous/TS theory today without much debate.

All the above make dup/oso town in my eyes
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

@LL I have nothing to say because I don't know what I should say. I say massclaim is good because this is MyLo, we could no lynch and do it toMorrow though. I voted farside cos they were scummiest and nothing was happening.

@FS You and Locke. You mainly from PoE, and I didn't like EA's play and I feel that LL is scum.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

Prosaurus wrote:@LL I have nothing to say because I don't know what I should say. I say massclaim is good because this is MyLo, we could no lynch and do it toMorrow though. I voted farside cos they were scummiest and nothing was happening.

@FS You and Locke. You mainly from PoE, and I didn't like EA's play and I feel that LL is scum.

Why? What about me or LL do you find scummy?
From what I saw yesterday all you did was follow others with no real POV of your own.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Farside: I'm fluctuating between believing TS and not. If he is town then you/Duplicity, but most of that's POE. I think Prosaurus is likely town. Spectacularly useless town at that, but town. Right now I'm going to ISO NE and look for any connections.

Bonus points for anyone who can tell me what's wrong with Quilford's claim list.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

NE ISO (spoilered for length):

Spoiler: ISO
Post 1: the push on Oso for his weak case on EA. Doesn't really look like a bus, but I'm reconsidering this in the context of the unvote fairly soon (post 3) and the later insistence that Oso is town.

3: sets up a choice between Prosaurus, TS and Ender, based on the heat Javert was getting for not answering questions. I'm going to quote part of this one because it's telling how he builds the case and then draws a conclusion.

Necessary Evil wrote:I'm not liking the heat that Javert was receiving for not answering quesitons. That's a playstyle issue, not an alignment issue. Unforunatley, townies will jump all over people for this sort of thing all the time and it's easy for scum to hide among them. So, let's see; farside22 wasn't really voting Javert for not answering questions, so I'm not counting her. Twistedspoon has been active lurking for the most part and he voted Javert, so he might be scum. Prosaurus is very similar: he voted for Javert and he has been active lurking. ender241 voted Javert for not answering questions and Oso makes a compelling case for ender, but I don't think Oso is town and I'm not going to sheep his read whithout a strong town read on him. ender posted this:
ender241 wrote:You have misinterpreted what i'm saying, i'm saying he's either doing one of three things.

1. He is scum and basically trying to make himself stay alive for ages.

2. He's just a normally townie who's got himself into a sticky situation.

3. He's a DayVig and just a total dick who can't be assed posting and is just being a total dick about the whole game.

Thats what i'm trying to say, i don't want dicks in the game.

This looks like a scummy reaction to Oso's vote. He's trying to scramble away from what he said before:
ender241 wrote:UNVOTE: VOTE: Javert Start answering questions, i doubt your a DayVig.

ender241 wrote:Basically your using "Day-vig" as your excuse to say what you want.

Also, ender thinks there are three possibilities regarding Javert and only one of them invovles him being scum, why vote? Between the vote and his posting, his behavior does not suggest the other two possibilities. Then he unvotes and votes me for lurking for a whole day (oh, for shame!). That's rather suspicious.

It's hard to pick between Twistedspoon, Prosaurus, and ender, but ender is just enough ahead that he deserves my vote.
UNVOTE: VOTE: ender241

So TS and Prosaurus he basically has only two points against: the objection to Javert's attitude, and active lurking. In contrast, he clearly builds a case on Ender based on a couple of additional points, so why is he only 'just enough ahead'? The phrasing implies a more equal level of scumminess than the post actually indicates, so I'm wondering whether he's making an effort to look like he suspects TS or Prosaurus more than he actually does. This makes me more inclined to believe that at least one of TS and Prosaurus is scum.

4: features a clarification to Prosaurus that active lurking means he has been posting but not contributing. Gives me pause for thought about coaching.

5: says Javert should 'shoot whoever he wants' rather than letting it be decided by vote. Good way to distance yourself from any decision-making to avoid implication; bear in mind that Ender is the vote leader at this stage and Javert is personally voting Ender, so this doesn't really tell us too much else other than NE probably wasn't particularly worried about scum getting vigged.

6: now 'Oso is looking more town by the post'. NE's focus has not really been on Oso since post 3, and there's not much clarification of this townread, although the implication is that Oso's case on Ender is pro-town. There's also what is basically an OMGUS reaction to TS's vote based on NE being 'under the radar', as we can see here:

Necessary Evil wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:indeed, NE has gone under the radar for too long

I'm fine with this wagon. My vote on Javert is utterly redundant anyways now that his wagon is gone and he's claimed :/

VOTE: NE

Twistedspoon is still active lurking for the most part and he's now sheeping Me=Weird's terrible vote on bad reasoning. I'm not "under the radar" just because I don't post as much as some people.
UNVOTE: VOTE: Twistedspoon

There's a slightly hostile tone to this response that makes me think that NE is a little too angry at TS for sheeping M=W's vote; potential here for a buddy getting annoyed that TS has decided to hop on his wagon based on what he perceives to be a weak case.

7: Very interesting snippet here on the vig:

Necessary Evil wrote:Really the best way to play a vig is to kill problem players like VIs, lurkers, etc. It sounds like that's what Javert is planning on doing anyway.

So we can tell two things from this:
1. NE's not overly concerned about any of the VIs/lurkers dying.
2. NE's perception is that Javert is going to kill someone who he considers a VI/lurker.

Players NE has stated are 'active lurking' at this point: Prosaurus, Twistedspoon. The only other player he's discussed lurking in relation to is himself, although Klazam is obviously a major absentee at this stage and would be a prime lurker vig target. NE hasn't actually stated he thinks anyone is a VI at this stage, so again this may be as simple as him thinking Javert is going to shoot Ender/Klazam. I still count this as a slight point in favour of Prosaurus and TS being town, given that he'd have to agree with a choice of shot on either of those given his repeated accusations of active lurking.

8: tells Prosaurus that Klazam's appearance at an opportune moment is a null-tell. Why warn someone off suspecting a player who has done nothing all game? Possible coaching again.

Farside also challenges NE about Pro, and NE responds by saying that neither TS nor Pro are scumhunting, but TS is far worse. He even goes so far as to call him 'obvscum' here. Pro looks like a more plausible buddy than TS here.

9: Response to TS's claim. Worth quoting:

Necessary Evil wrote:I won't have time to write a full post until tomorrow, so just a couple of thoughts:
a) Javert needs to post ASAP.
-and-
b) TS is just dripping with scum, but his claim fits with his speculation about a one-shot themed game and it looks like we're going to give him at least a night anyway. I wouldn't loose any sleep if he was killed/lynched, but if the rest of you are moving on, I'm fine with that.
UNVOTE: Twistedspoon

Definitely going with the town on this one. Perceives that people might be buying TS's claim and openly admits that he'll give him a chance if everyone else is. The thing that irks me about this is he's unusually eager to drop his number one suspect, which makes me suspect TS. However, this probably does help NE to appear pro-town, so it cuts both ways.

10: Putting up a huge red flag on this one:

Necessary Evil wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Necessary Evil wrote:@EA: I'm surprised that you were grilling Klazam over lurking after the last game the three of us were in (it's completed, so no worries). At least he posted that he was V/LA this time. Why are you attacking him over it now?

:? What are you talking about? Klazam didn't lurk in Mini 1133 at all. He had 59 posts which is pretty damn good considering he was only alive for roughly nine RL days. For comparison this game has been active for roughly eight RL days and he's made ten posts. Half of which are worthless saporovirusy fluff.

Well, I disagree with you about the other game and your standard for lurking is odd. But that's neither here nor there. I looked at his ISO and you do have a point about him. I was going to say that ten posts in eight days can hardly be described as lurking, but as you pointed out, a lot of those posts don't contribute much. I get the feeling that something is up with him, but I can't really put my finger on it yet.
It was definitely odd to me that he was soft with TS before his claim.

Bolded for emphasis. This absolutely screams of subtly trying to tie Klazam to TS, and there's only one reason NE would do that. I feel very much more inclined to believe TS is scum after this.

At the end of this post, NE also sets up a Prosaurus-M=W dichotomy by saying that he thinks only one of them is scum. Vote count context: Prosaurus is the vote leader with 2 votes, with 5 other players on 1. That means that this has a hint of NE covering his back with Pro; he doesn't seem to be looking at him critically and really has just commented on his active lurking and lack of contributions rather than trying to prod him into anything.

12: NE follows up by making a case and voting for M=W. He doesn't appear to have looked at Prosaurus here; he just concludes that he doesn't think Prosaurus is scum because he believes that M=W is. At this stage, it looks a bit more like NE is just trying to set up mislynches; he pushes the idea that M=W and Pro aren't buddies, and he knows M=W will flip town, opening him up to fake reconsidering his reads D2 and change his attitude to Pro. That said, the lack of analysis of Pro's posts still concerns me slightly.

13: mostly a long rant against M=W that I won't go into for obvious reasons. There is an interesting note at the bottom that he's read EA's case on Oso and doesn't really agree with it (although it's not 'awful' either). He also restates his town read on Oso after the early part of the game. The vote context here is that M=W has switched his vote to Oso and EA is repeatedly shouting 'Vote Oso' at everyone. There's not really much danger of Oso getting lynched, though - M=W now has 4 votes and EA isn't garnering much Oso support. I'm inclined to think this is more likely just NE being consistent with his Oso 'townread' than it is defence from a buddy.

16: TS has just claimed his guilty, so NE naturally immediately votes for him. He also agrees with Maxous about his wagon being too fast. For the record, these votes, in order, are: Twistedspoon, Quilford, Farside, Rhinox. Of the wagoners, we have a confirmed townie and a flipped townie, so the only person left that NE could be pointing the finger at here is Farside. Obviously we have to take everything from here on with a grain of salt, but this makes me feel better about Farside-town.

The rest: from here on it's basically just an effort to make TS look bad and asking how he could survive without claiming a guilty. He also makes some attempts to implicate Rhinox based on him believing TS despite previously thinking he was scum. I think this probably lends weight to the gambit theory; if TS gets lynched in this situation, NE's not only going to get lynched the next day himself, but he's also cleared Rhinox because of this push. Bear in mind that Quilford and Javert are both already practically confirmed town at this stage, and NE pushing on Rhinox doesn't make much sense unless he knows there's something to link him to. There's absolutely no way Rhinox would get lynched at that stage, and if NE knows TS is town, then all he's doing is giving town a boost by going after Rhinox so strongly as to clear him when TS gets lynched. That would leave NE + scumbuddy against three fairly obv-town players with NE guaranteed to get lynched the next day.

In conclusion, I feel a lot worse about TS now than I did before this ISO, as there are definite attempts to link more than one player to him in ways that really don't look like scum on town, and not great about Prosaurus either, as there's just so little evidence of NE actually reading his slot other than to do some coaching, although the attempt to set up the M=W/Prosaurus choice does give me a town vibe. The Oso attitude is kind of strange; he seems to go from a pretty strong scumread on Oso to pretty much refusing to consider he could be anything other than town. I don't think it's particularly reminiscent of a buddy, though. There's not a whole lot to go on with Farside, which does give me pause based on NE's meta (I'll go into this in a bit) but the attempt to point the finger at people on NE's quick wagon makes me doubt that connection too.

Quilford: how do you think the events of Open 292, particularly the cop claim, affected NE's approach to this game? Which interactions of his do you think match his play with Crazy there?

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Locke Lamora wrote:F
Bonus points for anyone who can tell me what's wrong with Quilford's claim list.

ooh, pick me =D

Quilford wrote:LL
Prosaurus
farside
Duplicity

we already know ts' claim and mine

farside already claimed VT d3 didn't she?

I vaguely remember something like that

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Prosaurus wrote:

can you explain why you didn't like EA's play or why you feel LL is scum?

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 12:30 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:F

ooh, pick me =D

Quilford wrote:LL
Prosaurus
farside
Duplicity

we already know ts' claim and mine

farside already claimed VT d3 didn't she?

I vaguely remember something like that

So why didn't you go back and check?

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:04 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

farside22 wrote:Just a townie here. I'm sure the claim will have me lynched.

there you are

Farside already claimed

I assume that's what you thought was wrong with Quilly's claim list

originally I wasn't going to point out that farside had already claimed in case she was scum, had forgotten and wanted to try and fakeclaim a PR role.
Had she done so we would have found scum definitely

however this is moot since we're not massclaiming now

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Yeah, you're just plain lying about your thought process now. You wouldn't 'vaguely remember' that Farside claimed VT if you KNEW she had already claimed and were deliberately waiting for massclaim to see if she claimed something else. I think that's enough for me to:

Vote: Twistedspoon

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:45 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

well what's wrong with me wanting to catch scum through hat proccess?
if farside has claimed a PR just now, I'd have gone back to check how explicit her VT softclaim was

I'm not sure what you're saying here compadré, but if you're not scum, the implications of your vote could be dire. I'm guessing scum would have planned out a way to get a quickhammer in from L-2 if they both vote in rapid succession. Not good.

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

also, If I have to defend myself like this, then I'd like to point how the timing between Ender's one-shot cop claim and my immediate reaction being 'I'm seeing a one-shot theme' here

tell me, If I were not a one-shot cop, how could I have reacted so fast and randomly like that? I have never seen a scum tactic before where CCing a role just claimed was a viable move

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:56 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

My guess is you have a one-shot role, and realised once you said it that you couldn't claim your actual role because it was just as likely/more likely to be a scum role. Maybe you're even a rolecop (wouldn't be surprised if that's the case with the vig, masons and the other cop).

And there's nothing wrong with you wanting to catch scum like that. My point is you acted like you weren't even sure that she had claimed. You were either pretending to be casual about it when you replied to me, which is scummy because you're acting like you know less than you actually do, or you legitimately weren't sure, which means you're lying about it being a deliberate strategy to wait for Farside's claim. In either scenario you're lying.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Oh, and as for the 'implications of my vote', aren't you at L-3? Not worried about that.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

oh yeah, L-3

This is only my second time in a Mylo/Lylo situation, the first being in my first ever mafia game where I claimed doc from post 1 because I was that inexperienced :p#

anyways, carry on then.

If you want something to discuss whilst we're on the topic of myself, you can talk about why I'd choose to bus NE instead of say, getting an innocent result on him or my other scumbuddy were I scum

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Multiple reasons:

1. NE was BY FAR your most plausible investigation target. Had I been in the game at that stage, I would have been all over you for not investigating NE because it would have been totally inconsistent with your suspicions D1.

2. You needed a result to make your ability convincing, and a guilty result was by far the most likely to convince the town that your role was legit. An innocent or a roleblock result would have done little to convince your doubters that you were town. A guilty had a far better chance of doing that.

3. Whichever one of you/NE got lynched, the other would have a huge boost in surviving to endgame, for precisely the reason that you, and other players, have repeatedly stated: why would you bus?

4. Getting an innocent on your buddy would be incredibly dangerous, especially with both Javert and Quilford still alive at that stage. Unless you successfully talked town into a couple more mislynches with a limited suspect pool as it was, chances are that PoE would have led people into looking at you or your buddy, and once one is suspected, you're both suspected. I don't know that I've ever seen scum claim innocent on other scum; the risk of two guaranteed scum lynches if one of you gets caught far outweighs the reward.

Plus you still haven't explained your contradictory attitude towards Farside's claim. When I asked the question about Quilford's list, did you already know that Farside had claimed or not?

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 2:31 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

1) I'm not sure that everyone thought that. For example in the rhinox ISO

Rhinox wrote:
farside22 wrote:I have a question that i would like Rhinox to answer only.

Rhinox: At the end of the day who would you think TS would investigated?

Looking back at TS's iso, I would have assumed it would be one of prosaurus or oso

2) true, but I actually am a one shot cop and got a guilty on NE. Is that harder to believe? Occam's razor; Now would be a good time to use it comradé
3) well not really, for example you're suspecting me of it now. I mean there will always be the possibility that a cop has bussed every time he gets a guilty investigation result. why more so now than at any other time? It's sorta wifom. by getting a guilty people will think I didn't buss which makes it more likely that i could have been scum bussing which makes it less likely that I would have been scum using this tactic etc. into ad infinitum
4) okay, sure getting an innocent on a buddy would have been very risky had i flipped scum from a lynch were I scum. However if that directly incriminates the investiagtee as scum, then why wouldn't I get an innocent on a townie as a sort of insurance to bring them down with me should I get lynched. This tactic would also not involve me losing a buddy in NE were I scum

srsly though, If this wagon grows any farther It has to be scum driven. Quilford, what do you think of this Locke Lamora fellow as the only player we can trust?

~Screwtape

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”