Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:12 am

Post by Vi »

Vi wrote:
>:C

Happy now?
~

Faraday 723 wrote:-The TS association (Sloth calls him out in twilight of D1 but instead votes TownCharter on D2 and doesn't even try to lynch TS)

^ I don't buy this as being damning. Reason to stay off the obvious and almost guaranteed is...?
...the same reason everyone had for not voting Tspoon - it would have been L-1 or a hammer.
To contrast, he had the chance to vote the spoon way back at the beginning of the Day and didn't even mention him until coerced to do so.

Also, this.
Vi 534 wrote:
Sloth 526 wrote:Claimed scum is obviously an exaggeration - I thought what he did in twilight
was scummy
, yes, but that
doesn't make him 100% scum in my eyes
Sloth 533 wrote:When did I ever say that I think TS is town?
I think he's scum
, just like the rest of you.
"He's not as scummy as advertised" (keeping in mind what everyone has been saying) to "I think he's scum, just like you do"?
(To answer your complaint in advance - no, this isn't an unfair paraphrase.)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Faraday »

well that makes more sense. sigh.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Faraday »

idk don't see a buddy.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:35 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Vi wrote:To contrast, he had the chance to vote the spoon way back at the beginning of the Day and didn't even mention him until coerced to do so.

^This. This. This.

Faraday's 726 and 727, wtf?

Also, posting this in all my games:

V/LA except for modding commitments untiil Monday, the 23rd.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Zdenek »

DY wrote:
Z, what's your current read on Sloth?

I have been struggling with this for each time I sit down to look at the game. Here are my thoughts, as ill-formed as they might be.

I understand the case on him around not voting Twistedspoon, and the change in his attitude about his lynch, going from: "He's not 100% scum in my eyes" to "I think that he's scum just like you do."

I also think that the point against him for asking not-scum-hunting questions so often is a good one.

However, he's also done some things that make me doubt that he is scum.

He was one of the first people to declare Quilford town after his claim, this was before Faraday declared him town, so he wasn't sheeping him. He'd also been pushing Quilford fairly hard, so it seems to be that scum might have been a bit more hesitant to give up on that lynch than he was.

Hiplop wrote:
Hiplop's just an active lurker, something which has a chance of coming from lazy town. But charter is doing actively scummy things, instead of hiplop's passively scummy behavior.

Here, Sloth goes after Charter rather than Hiplop, which I think is a more difficult task. That said, see below.

Sloth wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:hmm as inevitable as this lynch may have appeared to be I was still willing to go scotty or hiplop

anyways, best we can do now is hope Empking flips scum (he was my 3rd highest scum read if you were wondering) until tommorow :/
hopefully I can get a post in later before the lock :0

If empking flips town this post becomes very scum-looking-for-town-cred-ish.

In this post he was one of the first people to attack TS for his comments around Empking's lynch. Scum could have just as well ignored it. Plus, scum would have talked about it over night, and I strongly suspect that they would have arranged for him to bus to avoid exactly this situation.

I also that it's pretty doubtful that he's your buddy or Quilford's buddy. I also think that based on some of his interactions with Vi, that he's probably not Vi's buddy. If I thought that Hiplop was scum, then I'd think that the two of them being buddies would be a possibility (Sloth has voted him a few times, but always unvoted pretty quickly and he seems to have dropped Hiplop as a suspect today), but I don't.

Overall, I am not really convinced by the arguments that he is scum. The one about his position on the TS lynch for the reason that I gave, and those questions could have come from enthusiastic town trying to help.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday 727 wrote:idk don't see a buddy.
The sauce, it is weak.

Zdenek 729 wrote:He was one of the first people to declare Quilford town after his claim, this was before Faraday declared him town, so he wasn't sheeping him. He'd also been pushing Quilford fairly hard, so it seems to be that scum might have been a bit more hesitant to give up on that lynch than he was.
Disagree all around.
He had no reason for voting Quilford, his pressure consisted of one barb and one explanatory post, and his unvote was as immaterial as his vote.

Zdenek 729 wrote:In this post he was one of the first people to attack TS for his comments around Empking's lynch. Scum could have just as well ignored it. Plus, scum would have talked about it over night, and I strongly suspect that they would have arranged for him to bus to avoid exactly this situation.
This is somewhat fair. Even for a bus, though, the wagon rose REALLY quickly.

Zdenek 729 wrote:I also that it's pretty doubtful that he's your buddy or Quilford's buddy. I also think that based on some of his interactions with Vi, that he's probably not Vi's buddy. If I thought that Hiplop was scum, then I'd think that the two of them being buddies would be a possibility (Sloth has voted him a few times, but always unvoted pretty quickly and he seems to have dropped Hiplop as a suspect today), but I don't.
I'm not sure I agree, but regardless there's someone missing in this analysis.

stripes
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Vi »

Before I forget again.

I'm
V/LA Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Faraday »

I'm re-reading the game as we speak. Aren't I good? (so.fucking.lazy.)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Faraday »

- Sloth's early play still looks townish.
-Twistedspoon calling Juls town for not reacting to his vote is stupid.
- I miss neuky.

So like, if I was an objective viewer of this game I'd probably say I'm the best chance of being Sloth's scumbuddy. But then I'd say 'Faraday is so town that's impossible' (based on :gut:).

- I'm actually trying to see how accurate my early reads are. I'm usually very good or very bad. Got charter, neuky town. Had ts as town for a bit, meh changed my mind on him over day 1 at least. >_> I'm kinda emo when I'm wrong too. Just noticed that.
- I'd be so mad if I lost to Quilfrod/Hiplop scum (1 of the, they're not both scum ever)

Vi you don't find Sloth's stuff w/r/t Quilford looking townish?

Okay. Darthyoshi is scum. Stopped my re-read.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Faraday »

My 314 is pretty awesome if DY/Vi are the scumteam.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Faraday »

Re-reading TS wagon. DY was it just that one post that convinced you he was scum or?
Sloth
Sloth
Goon
Sloth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Sloth »

Catching up.
Sloth
Sloth
Goon
Sloth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Sloth »

As far I can tell the case against me is basically me fucking up my scumreads. I thought someone was basically 100% scum. I wanted to lynch him. He flipped tracker. That's all there is to it, honestly. I didn't want to talk about twisted because I was so set on charter being scum. Ran into a similar problem in my other game (it's over now, no worries).

But if you want to lynch me, so be it.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 733 wrote:Vi you don't find Sloth's stuff w/r/t Quilford looking townish?
As evidenced by my previous post, no. Why?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by hiplop »

i'm getting a scumvibe from dy, which my last (i think it was my last one at least :P) post explained, hes the odd one out. But the whole charter thing makes me kind of believe him.. AHH :\
third best scummer of all time
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Vi »

Keep talking, hip of the lop. Say whatever comes to mind.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Faraday »

Vi wrote:
Faraday 733 wrote:Vi you don't find Sloth's stuff w/r/t Quilford looking townish?

Well cos I do.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Faraday »

yeah we should lynch DY I guess.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by hiplop »

faraday, does the charter defense thing hold much weight at all? iyo?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Faraday »

hmm? i've no idea what you mean.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
Vi wrote:
Well cos I do.

---

The only thing I can find that's close to "charter defense thing" is how charter stopped suspecting him as much D2.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 2:57 am

Post by hiplop »

Faraday wrote:hmm? i've no idea what you mean.

darthyoshi was saying something about charter confirming him, does that have any weight to it?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Zdenek »

Vi wrote:
I'm not sure I agree, but regardless there's someone missing in this analysis.

I still feel that Faraday is town.

Anyway, after doing the write up on Sloth, I've decided that I should probably do the same for DY, Vi and Faraday, the first two because I currently think that they are likely scum, and Faraday because if he's scum, then just about everything I am thinking is doomed to be wrong. On that note, I'll start with Faraday.

Faraday:

His early play, in retrospect, wasn't particularly townie: he voted for Quilford without providing a reason. He drew attention to Jules without explicitly calling her scum, commenting:

Faraday wrote:
Pre-apology: Some of this is out of order because I saw a couple things, noted them and then re-read the first 3 pages in more detail.

Is a little weird too.

However, he definitely was scum-hunting. He tried to determine if Hiplop was town or not, by trying to see if Hiplop would sheep his town read of Neuky.

Just because it might be useful, I'm going to keep track of his town reads. He decided that TS, Sloth, Charter and Hiplop were town (or at least townish) fairly early.

Faraday wrote:
I'd have probably voted quilford for his first 2 posts, they appear like he's trying too hard to settle in the game, this is the same reason I later asked him the 'are you nervous' question, as that's pretty much how it came across to me, that he was uncomfortale and trying to settle in to the game. Vi's right, in that it seems like the response scum would be more likely to make, I'd have thought he'd have well just told me to fuck off, more-so.

I haven't really liked anything he's done since then either tbh, so yeah, wagonwagon on the wall who's the fairest of them all.

He finally gave a reason for voting for Quilford, and I don't particularly care for it because he was trying to push a lynch on RVS reasons which is never too good. He also said that there were other things, but never clarified wbat they were.

Faraday wrote:
hey empy, what do you think of twistedspoon?

This post makes little sense coming from scum. It would be addressing a townie to put suspicion on to a scum buddy.

Fake investigation test of Hiplop. Unless they are scum together, this essentially clears Hiplop.

The things that bother me about his play are his push on Quilford without giving his reasons, and the fact that his reads have been fairly fixed since early in the game; the only one that seems to have fluctuated is his read of Hiplop. Also his read of Quilford changed after Quilford's claim. On the other hand, he is definitely scum hunting, and I agree with his choices of town reads (which makes me feel better about the fact that his reads have remained stable). I don't think that the question to Empking that I just mentioned makes sense coming from scum. I may as well that additionally add that his opinions seem genuine to me, which gives me a gut town read of him.

The bottom line is that I think he's town.

Anyway, I'll do DY and Vi this weekend.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Neruz »

Setael replaces Quilford
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Faraday »

Setael claim your doc protect for last night, Quilford flaked before he could give it to us.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”