SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:48 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

I'm
V/LA for e weekend
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Soben »

chesskid3 wrote:is chesskid town too?

Not getting the 'obvtown' read I normally get from you, though certaintly not getting a scumread either. I'm interested in hearing GI's thoughts he knows your meta far better than I do.

PEDIT: IceyCupcake, I'm more than willing to listen to your opinions I just have no intent on voting you unless I see reasonable evidence that proves that it's worth doing so.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:52 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Alright, now that a big part of the pressure on me is out, I feel like I can breath again.
Gonna sleep now, tomorrow, I'l reread and try to actually get some reads not related to votes on me.
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Pine »

More votes on Soben, please.

Will address the SGR clusterfuck later, just got home.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:19 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Soben wrote:

PEDIT: IceyCupcake, I'm more than willing to listen to your opinions I just have no intent on voting you unless I see reasonable evidence that proves that it's worth doing so.

Stop fishing. : )

If you think we're town, then vote us. Simple as that.
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:27 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Soben wrote:

Not getting the 'obvtown' read I normally get from you, though certaintly not getting a scumread either. I'm interested in hearing GI's thoughts he knows your meta far better than I do.

Chesskid shouldn't have been on Raize wagon, and jumped off and immediately said exactly what I said - obv day 1 mislynch - when I pushed him. Don't like.

Tempted to vote Soben for blatant fishing, among other sins.
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Soben »

Pine wrote:More votes on Soben, please.

What in particular about my refusal to vote IceyCupcake do you find scummy? What scum-motivation is there behind directly disobeying someone openely claiming a request for votes?

IceyCupcake wrote:Stop fishing. : )
If you think we're town, then vote us. Simple as that.

1) Fishing would imply attempting to attain information regarding your role, I know perfectly well GI wouldn't reveal such information thus there would be no reasoning or motive behind fishing.

2) You know full well it's "Not as simple as that", I've already explained I don't believe it to be optimal to vote you.
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:31 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Your reasoning of it not being optimal is based around the belief that we may not be town.

Which, in that case, leads us back to the original of point of, why are you going to call us town if you're not willing to act as such?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Pine »

Soben wrote:
Pine wrote:More votes on Soben, please.

What in particular about my refusal to vote IceyCupcake do you find scummy? What scum-motivation is there behind directly disobeying someone openely claiming a request for votes?

No one suggested that your (wise) decision not to vote Icey had anything to do with the above quote.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Soben »

IceyCupcake wrote:Your reasoning of it not being optimal is based around the belief that we may not be town.

Which, in that case, leads us back to the original of point of, why are you going to call us town if you're not willing to act as such?

I call play that I believe has no scum-motivation whatsoever "Town-tells" which I generally associate with town, at the same time given the setup style I can see possibilties of you being third party/alternate faction with the risks of voting you being severe.

Pine wrote: No one suggested that your (wise) decision not to vote Icey had anything to do with the above quote.

Elaborate.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:40 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

If he wins by getting votes, then how does that wincon interfere with town's? He'd just win and leave the game.
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Soben »

gandalf5166 wrote:If he wins by getting votes, then how does that wincon interfere with town's? He'd just win and leave the game.

Soben wrote:2. The fact that their win condition doesn't preclude town from a win doesn't change anything, them recieveing their win condition could still have a drastic effect on the game.

The fact I'm having to continously explain such a basic concept is becoming frustrating to say the least.

Other hydra-head is currently reading through the thread and we're likely to have a proper discussion about reads later today, heading to uni for now.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Pine »

Or win and END the game. Of course they'd suggest that their wincon doesn't interfere with Town.

Elaborate on what? You assigned a meaning to a quote that was never even remotely intended. I corrected you. Stop taking me out of context and pretending that I'm obfuscating my intentions.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Soben »

Pine wrote:Elaborate on what? You assigned a meaning to a quote that was never even remotely intended. I corrected you. Stop taking me out of context and pretending that I'm obfuscating my intentions.

You're severely mistaken however if I need to rephrase it I will do so. You ask for more votes on me, then state it has nothing to do with refusing to vote for IceyCupcake, thus the 'elaborate' is for you to explain what reasoning it is for.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:53 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

How would it have a drastic effect on the game? They would leave. We would GET RID of an anti town role with no negative effects. Plus if they have any teammates, they leave too. HOW IS THAT A BAD THING

And @Pine: You're misunderstanding my point(and maybe the rules). Their wincon involves receiving votes. How does that interfere with town's?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Pine »

Soben wrote:
Pine wrote:Elaborate on what? You assigned a meaning to a quote that was never even remotely intended. I corrected you. Stop taking me out of context and pretending that I'm obfuscating my intentions.

You're severely mistaken however if I need to rephrase it I will do so. You ask for more votes on me, then state it has nothing to do with refusing to vote for IceyCupcake, thus the 'elaborate' is for you to explain what reasoning it is for.

It. Didn't.

I've already stated my reasoning on you, and was simply reminding people that you shouldn't be left off the hook.

@Gandalf: Stop being a moron and taking someone with a different wincon at their word.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

If his wincon doesn't involve receiving votes, then why is he asking for votes?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I've explained exactly why I was on the SGR wagon.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Pine »

gandalf5166 wrote:If his wincon doesn't involve receiving votes, then why is he asking for votes?

Why are you not reading my posts?

I'm suggesting we don't help him because they may be lying about the assertion that the game will continue if the vote goal is achieved.

For example, a Jester's goal is to get lynched. The game ends when they win. If they told you "No, it's okay! Lynch me, I win, game goes on!" you would, apparently, believe that.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

The rules EXPLICITLY state that unless a factions wincon DIRECTLY interferes with another's, the game will continue. So unless you can think of a way that IC receiving a certain number of votes interferes with another faction, shut up. We're taking the MOD'S word, not IC's.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Pine »

Oh FFS. And if the goal of gathering votes is to set off a massive spell that kills everyone else? What then?

God WHY would you help someone who refuses to clarify their intentions, is obv-non-Town, and uses more WIFOM than a truckload of suicide WIFOM bombers.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Pine wrote:Oh FFS. And if the goal of gathering votes is to set off a massive spell that kills everyone else? What then?

You seriously think that would happen? The mod would put an ability in that powerful? Hell, even the concept of an ability powered by votes is pretty ridiculous, even for an S_B game.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Pine »

I don't care. It's unknown, non-Town, and if it's that conditional, presumably powerful. I don't care to risk a Town victory on it.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Pine wrote:I don't care. It's unknown, non-Town, and if it's that conditional, presumably powerful. I don't care to risk a Town victory on it.

You think that S_B would have her entire game hinge around how many votes a particular player got? No. They're a MINOR role if their abilities are that conditional. At MOST, they're an SK that gets a minor ability increase if they get a certain number of votes during the day.
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by IceyCupcake »

Okay, simple fact: We're not revealing our reasons at this time, and we'd like the general speculation to stop, thank you very much. There are good reasons, and they're pro-town.

Pine's speculation is starting to irritate me. Remember your bout of SK hunting? This is starting to feel like 3rd party hunting. I retract my town read on Pine, effective immediately.

FOS: Gandalf, Pine, Soben.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”